Two little girls killed

Posted in the Springfield Forum

Code

United States

#1 May 29, 2013
Does anyone remember the 1992 killing of those little girls? I heard it all began around schuler's bakery.
I see it's still opened if if it wasn't for that bakery those girls will still b a live today.y didn't they shut it down. I can't stand driving on E Main st. Without thinking of those two little girls. Two of the boys got away with murder didn't get charged for nothing. I'd like to hang them sick basters
noname

Canton, OH

#2 Jun 5, 2013
The bakery had nothing to do with this. They would still be gone
Reminisce

Canton, OH

#3 Jun 5, 2013
I agree. What in the world did Schuler's have to do with it, other than it was close to the murder scene? It could have happened anywhere....
Code

United States

#4 Jun 5, 2013
The girls was down near the bakery. And when the boys went there they saw the girls. Did u know they thought they was hookers? Two 12 year girls. Cause they was on main street, and no it wouldn't of happened else where. They lived around in the area. It was a stupid killing.
Code

United States

#5 Jun 5, 2013
I hate retards ppl. They guys who killed those girls are retorted. I bet they aren't to retorted when sucking a mans u know what in prison.
Just sayin

Troy, OH

#6 Jul 2, 2013
Code wrote:
Does anyone remember the 1992 killing of those little girls? I heard it all began around schuler's bakery.
I see it's still opened if if it wasn't for that bakery those girls will still b a live today.y didn't they shut it down. I can't stand driving on E Main st. Without thinking of those two little girls. Two of the boys got away with murder didn't get charged for nothing. I'd like to hang them sick basters
Yes..very well...unfortunately...Martha Leech and Phree Morrow.
I get that you don't like that area...and going down here makes you remember. You should go to the Memorial Pond..it is really nice. It is by where thy were found. If you don't want to go to that Schulers though.. you can go to the one on Derr Rd. or S. Limestone... still the best around!! Oh.. and you need to get the book...HOMETOWN KILLER by Carol Rothgeb. You can get it on Amazon.
Code

United States

#7 Jul 3, 2013
I have the book what happen to those girls should of happened. I had to stop reading the book. All who was involved r in prison. I hope they have aids by now.
disbelief

United States

#8 Jul 4, 2013
She is out of prison
Code

United States

#9 Jul 12, 2013
They need to put her ass back in there.
family member of Phree

Akron, OH

#10 Nov 4, 2013
i unfortunately wasn't able to get to know my cousin Phree because this happened a before i was born but i do know that the bakery had nothing to do with this i'm sorry but that was the dumbest thing I've ever heard ! it could have still happened even if Schulers bakery wasn't there have you read the book ??????? it would tell ya a lot just so you know ......
code

Springfield, OH

#11 Nov 26, 2013
All through the book it metchen the bakery. or u should count how many times. I don't know if I still have the book I'd do it.
ryan

Urbana, OH

#12 Nov 30, 2013
check out hometown killer by carol j rothgeb. very good book and very factual.
fu n

Roanoke, VA

#13 Mar 18, 2014
I went to school with them. There in my year book. Her grandma lived across from my cousin on mound St an they was at my house a few days before it happened having a cookout. One of the guys who did it parents lived a couple doors down from my house. Which for a long time made me think it was all do to me. Witch is not in the book there alot untold.
Springfielder

Hamilton, OH

#14 Mar 18, 2014
fu n wrote:
I went to school with them. There in my year book. Her grandma lived across from my cousin on mound St an they was at my house a few days before it happened having a cookout. One of the guys who did it parents lived a couple doors down from my house. Which for a long time made me think it was all do to me. Witch is not in the book there alot untold.
Did you go to Franklin? I thought they put up a plaque or something to remember the girls. I've walked the grounds before looking for it, but have never found it. I looked after they tore Franklin down, surely they wouldn't have removed it when the tore the school down right?

On a side note, what year did you graduate? I lived in that area for a long time as a kid as well.
Whats the book called

Springfield, OH

#15 May 17, 2014
Code wrote:
I have the book what happen to those girls should of happened. I had to stop reading the book. All who was involved r in prison. I hope they have aids by now.
what is it called
Enzyte Bob

United States

#16 May 18, 2014
Code wrote:
Does anyone remember the 1992 killing of those little girls?
Were they good looking?
christina

Springfield, OH

#17 Jul 27, 2014
I was 14 or 15 at the time.. I lived right next door to wanda, John and david on light st.. I used to hang out on their porch all the time.the candle wax mentioned by Bill Sapp n the book reminds me of wanda having me and a friend pour wax on our hands and arms... yuk! I also went to church with both the girls :(
Madonna

Columbus, OH

#18 Jul 27, 2014
I knew these girls very well. Martha lived behind me and Phree lived below me. These girls were my friends and I was one of the last people they spoke to that day when they invited me to go with them. My mother was standing on our balcony when they yelled up and asked if I could go my mom then called for me to tell them no that I could not go so I ran to the balcony to let them know with tears in my eyes because I wanted to go so bad. I told them no that I was not allowed to go and they said they would be back to play. I gave my mom hell to try to get her to let me go and then 2 hours later I received the worst news that the two girls I spent most of my time with were gone and then it was like I was being moved from house to house then completely out of Springfield. I was 8 when this happened and I can remember it like it was yesterday. R.I.P Martha and Phree... They deserve to be remembered in a beautiful way...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Norman "CHUB" Bowling 22 hr Michelle Lee 1
Markovs (sp?) restaurant/bar (Mar '10) Dec 15 Todd S Barnes 17
Mexican gangs now infiltrating Kentucky (Dec '08) Dec 11 brown pride 49
male gold diggers Dec 11 clueless 3
Mark Lunsford's Son Arrested (Sep '07) Dec 10 Ana 29
Review: All City Crane Rental Dec 5 Eugene Dean 1
Remembering old bars.... (Jul '11) Dec 4 Jeff in Lakview Ohio 150
Springfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web