Info

Miamisburg, OH

#46 Aug 25, 2012
My dad was a deputy sheriff at the Clark county jail were Todd was. He talked to my dad a lot. Todd told my dad that someone "put something in his drink" and he didn't remember anything that happened. I lived in Enon at the time. Apparently he cut her up like you would a deer. Sorry about the graphicness there. The neck thing is true. I don't believe that someone slipped something into his drink. I'm not sure of all of the other details. I'm pretty sure that he was on hallucinogen of some kind.
Springfielder

Lexington, KY

#47 Sep 20, 2012
I know this string is almost a year old however i just ran across it while thinking about her and seaching for the status of todd's sentence. I went to school with Crystal and we were great friends. Unfortunately I also worked with Todd at popyes chicken and actually worked with him the night before the murder. That night.....many of our friends told her not to go out with him. Sadly she did not take our advice.
Crystal was a dear girl that while we were friends lived with her grandparents behind what is now the movie theater in Springfield. Her grandparents were wonderful people and very strict and protective of her.
The. Funeral was a sad sad day and it was incredible the amount of people that came to pay their respects. They had an open casket which was shocking to all as the girl I loved as a friend was not who I seen there. What Todd did to her was unimaginable and due to that a lot of reconstruction was done to open her casket. I remember we'll her the red turtleneck sweater they laid her to rest in that cover a lot of damage that was done to her.
To this day I have greeting cards that she gave to me with heartfelt words written by her as well as every newspaper clipping for every story written.

To those above that say.....let it go...the past be the past and bad things happen to good people. Get real!!!.......this would not be your comments had this been your friend, your sister, or your daughter. Yes Todd had a troubled life and was mixed up in drugs, but this was not an Oops......I accidentally got mad and shot someone, or was drunk driving and hit some........he slaughtered her! Without going into details, what he did was not just someone troubled but someone very sick in there mind! Todd is exactly where here needs to be and deserves to be!!!
Springcity

Springfield, OH

#48 Oct 7, 2012
Ok people, he is serving his time and has turned his life around. He is remorseful and I do believe that he doesn't remember what happened that night. He is a good person. Everyone messes up and everyone will be judged in the end but not by each other, by the one and only.
Angie Ruby Frost

Fairborn, OH

#49 Oct 29, 2012
Yes, I remember! She was my best friend!
JUST WANDERING

Springfield, OH

#50 Jan 6, 2013
SO IM SO NOT INVOLVED I WAS LIKE 2 at the time. im sorry for what happened to her. thats horrible an yes he is so sick an deserves to be n prison hopefuly gettin raped every chance they get. i know what it feels like to lose a friend its sad but that man curious im curious as to what weird connection u have to crystal wright ive noticed on here when people including her family ask you that question you have refused to answer them. me an everyone else wants to know what weird connection you have with her an curious since you brought all this up i think you should answer the question everyone wants to know. What kind of weird connection do you have with that pitiful lil girl whos life was so tragicly taken?????????
West ender

Cincinnati, OH

#52 Jan 21, 2013
I agree with Just Wandering, what is up with this Curious person.
dptchvy24

Columbus, OH

#53 Jan 21, 2013
I have been reading these comments, and they are horrible. I do not think that anybody who has left a comment is condoning what happened. There is no way that they could. To continually attack either of these families is not going to change what occurred. I do not know of any connection that anybody would have,unless this was your family. I have read these comments again, and yet have been unable to find the maturity that has been metioned so many times. A young girl lost her life and another family, whether you agree with it or not, lost their son. It is really sad that the memory of a young girl,has been reduced to this.
old time springfielder

Saint Petersburg, FL

#54 May 25, 2013
I'm trying to get information on a 1983 murder of a man (I believe from PA) who was passing through Springfield and began hooked up with a few kids in their late teens early 20's. They partied at a few bars and went back to one of their apartments where he fell asleep. While attempting to rob the guy he awoke and they beat him to death with a baseball bat. They place his body in the trunk of his car and hid it in a garage. The police arrested a couple of people for the crime and one of them - the guy who beat him to death - was given a life sentence. I believe they initially tried in as a capital death penalty case however he ended up getting life without parole. Just wondering the name of the murderer and if he is still in prison. Hopefully he hasn't been paroled as it was a pretty heinous crime.
charles

United States

#55 May 25, 2013
I want to know what happened with the prostitute killings a few years ago
Code

United States

#56 Jun 4, 2013
Does anyone remember the killing of those two little girls back in 1992?
gjb

Atlanta, GA

#57 Jun 20, 2013
Curious wrote:
I have some weird connections to Crystal, and I've never been able to get too many details other than old newspaper clippings. He's truly a creep. I find it odd that his dad was an elected official (Clark County Auditor) for several years and the fact that his son is a murderer was never brought into the light as much as people like dirt!
So, twinertia, it sounds like Todd was into the party scene....I knew that after he killed Crystal he was arrested at a party in Enon. Like nothing happened....
Yeah that was my party on Haddix Rd they arrested him at.
Springfielder

Canton, OH

#58 Jun 20, 2013
Wow, bet that sobered everyone up pretty quick. Was he acting strange?
Kathy from Spring field

Springfield, OH

#59 Jun 24, 2013
Curious wrote:
Normal -
I'm not trying to stir anything up. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I was just looking for some details if anyone had them.
I understand that people make mistakes. If it was your friend or family member you may not say to let it go though.....
My sister Roberta Jo Bryant Pendelton was BF with Crystal Wright. Before Todd Sodders decided to murder her.
Just sayin

Troy, OH

#60 Jul 2, 2013
I am from Springfield and I remember when this horrible murder happened. I was 22 years old. First I want to say that I am sorry this happened to Crystal. Now..I want to ask WHY are people getting mad and defensive about someone asking about it? Like it or not.. it is part of Springfield's history!! Sometimes,things are said or done or you go somewhere that triggers memories...good and bad..it just so happens that my daughter took my grandchildren to that park today and I was telling her about it. That doesn't make me a criminal or morbid person...it makes me knowledgeable of the city I was born and raised in!! There is no harm in someone asking questions!! I would venture to say that more people know about this than know about what happened yesterday! Why are you all on here making comments about it if you want everyone to drop it? You came here for a reason...why? It was all over the papers and TV at the time. and if all you people are claiming to be related to her.. how is it you don't know each other?? Crystal was a very sweet young lady!! She just had bad judgment about Todd. He was not a good person. He had problems!! He took away a very special person.. and like it was said before.. it was NOT an accident! I got 30 years but I say he will never get out.. he is where he deserves to be!!
Just sayin

Troy, OH

#61 Jul 2, 2013
Code wrote:
Does anyone remember the killing of those two little girls back in 1992?
Charles..
the 2 little girls were Martha Leech and Phree Morrow. There were several people involved and tried for their murders. William Sapp was convicted of the murders. He also murdered a woman named Belinda Anderson. He dumped her body in a shallow grave in a garage. For further information.. there is a book called HOMETOWN KILLER. by Carol Rothgeb. She was a local writer.
Also.. there is a Memorial Pond behind Schulers Bakery on Main St on Section St. off Penn St. hill...
Just sayin

Troy, OH

#62 Jul 2, 2013
Just sayin wrote:
I am from Springfield and I remember when this horrible murder happened. I was 22 years old. First I want to say that I am sorry this happened to Crystal. Now..I want to ask WHY are people getting mad and defensive about someone asking about it? Like it or not.. it is part of Springfield's history!! Sometimes,things are said or done or you go somewhere that triggers memories...good and bad..it just so happens that my daughter took my grandchildren to that park today and I was telling her about it. That doesn't make me a criminal or morbid person...it makes me knowledgeable of the city I was born and raised in!! There is no harm in someone asking questions!! I would venture to say that more people know about this than know about what happened yesterday! Why are you all on here making comments about it if you want everyone to drop it? You came here for a reason...why? It was all over the papers and TV at the time. and if all you people are claiming to be related to her.. how is it you don't know each other?? Crystal was a very sweet young lady!! She just had bad judgment about Todd. He was not a good person. He had problems!! He took away a very special person.. and like it was said before.. it was NOT an accident! He got 30 years but I say he will never get out.. he is where he deserves to be!!
Correction: He got 30 years...
dawn

United States

#63 Jul 18, 2013
Curious wrote:
If anyone has been around the area since the 80's, do you remember the murder of Crystal Wright in or around Old Reid park? She was fifteen. Murdered by Todd Sodders. Just curious about the details.
I am the woman that stood beside Crystals casket durning the service. She was the daughter of my sister Marsh Willson, what is it that you want to know?
dawn

United States

#64 Jul 18, 2013
I am the woman who stood beside Crystals casket. She was the daughter of my sister Marsha Willson, how are you connected and what is it that you want to know

Since: Jul 13

United States

#65 Jul 19, 2013
Curious wrote:
If anyone has been around the area since the 80's, do you remember the murder of Crystal Wright in or around Old Reid park? She was fifteen. Murdered by Todd Sodders. Just curious about the details.
How are you connected to Crystal Wright the daughter of my sister Marsha Willson ? What is it that you want to know ?
Knew Her and family

Dayton, OH

#66 Jul 20, 2013
I knew her & several of her family members. RIP Crystal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buy a House 3 hr anonymous 2
Drugs and crime in Urbana (Jan '14) 4 hr anonymous 4
fun (Dec '13) 17 hr clazy 4
Norman "CHUB" Bowling Dec 17 Michelle Lee 1
Markovs (sp?) restaurant/bar (Mar '10) Dec 15 Todd S Barnes 17
Mexican gangs now infiltrating Kentucky (Dec '08) Dec 11 brown pride 49
male gold diggers Dec 11 clueless 3
Springfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web