mg-galloway

Galloway, OH

#23 Nov 14, 2011
She is buried at rose hill cemetary, out past the fairgrounds.. i know, cause i was at her funeral..She had a turtle neck on in her casket, cause the mf'er practically cut her head off. she was a dear friend..and i hope todd rots in hell for what he did to her
mandie

United States

#24 Dec 15, 2011
I personally know his dad and moreso his grandpa. why would they have anything to do with it? they didn't kill anyone, Todd did. that was his choice...
Curious

Miamisburg, OH

#25 Dec 15, 2011
When someone is an elected official usually all of their dirty laundry is aired.
Dick Johnson

Georgetown, OH

#26 Dec 18, 2011
mandie wrote:
I personally know his dad and moreso his grandpa. why would they have anything to do with it? they didn't kill anyone, Todd did. that was his choice..
The apple doesn`t fall too far from the tree.
bummed-about-it

Springfield, OH

#27 Jan 17, 2012
Curious wrote:
If anyone has been around the area since the 80's, do you remember the murder of Crystal Wright in or around Old Reid park? She was fifteen. Murdered by Todd Sodders. Just curious about the details.
She died on November 7th 1986.Todd got 30 to life, drugs or no drugs, that isn't enough.
still a memory

Fairfield, OH

#28 Jan 25, 2012
U say you arent related....how are you connected?Crystal was my cousin...our grandmothers were sisters...i was only 6 at the time of her murder... She was a wonderful girl from a not so wonderful background i believe her mother was in prison at the time of her murder...her grandma tried to make things right for her but unfortunatly wasnt afforded enough time with her...she use to walk me to western pharmacy and buy me candy and braid my hair!!! she was beautiful as well...im glad people still remember her...the only details i know have pretty much been stated already by others...Todd left his job at a resturant on s. lime taking a butchers knife with from there with him and stabbed her(dont quote me on # but)...over 50 times... i believe this was crystals first date...left her naked..clothes were found several yards away...true about her neck being severed...so sad. Idk what kind of person he was,is or will ever be but for the time it took for him to kill her he was a monster...you have to let your higher power judge the rest...her grandmother helen was broken hearted and furious...she confronted todd sumtime b4 he was convicted..idk if anyone knows this but she had a gun in her purse and planned to kill him...but she soon realized that that wud have made her no less of a monster than he!!!! I hope some of this gives you a little closure...Wish i cud tell you more but thats about all i have...
bummed-about-it

Springfield, OH

#29 Jan 28, 2012
i'm pretty sure the total number was 66 or 67 times. i remember it being broadcasted on the evening news. i was more of an aquaintence. she interduced herself and seemed proper. very easy on the eyes. i think of how sad it is that she never got to drive a car or raise a family or anything, never had a chance to live really.
tonita

Galloway, OH

#30 Mar 28, 2012
Curious wrote:
west ender,
If you go back and read my previous comments you will see I never said I knew either one of them. I said I have some weird connections to the situation.
classof85,
thank you for the info. I appreciate all these little details. Did you know Crystal or know of her at all? I'm unable to find anyone that did. I know she lived with her grandmother but she has since passed away.
I am one of her cousins, I remember when her and dolly used to visit my grandma all the time...That S.O.B should have his life taken too. He turned my cousin into swiss cheese. One reason why they had to have the police there is because there was something she got from her dad's biker buddies. Why are you asking? Who are you? What is so important you need to know
sfield

Springfield, OH

#31 May 21, 2012
I knew him around the time of the murder. he had recently been discharged from the army and was living with his mother in the apartments above the old Shulers bakery store at the corner of Mitchell blvd and Belmont. I had friends in that apartment building and he used to play with their young son. I saw him over there several times. I remember that he was caught by police on the night of the murder, covered in blood, walking somewhere on route 4. I am not sure if it was between springfield and enon or nearer to the park where the body was found by a fisherman (it would make more sense that it was on 4 north of mitchell because that was near where he lived).
sprinter43

Chicago, IL

#32 Jun 13, 2012
Crystal was a nice girl, I knew her well - it is good to know people still think of her. Her murder took place long before things like this were sensationalized on televison.
Central

Columbus, OH

#33 Jun 21, 2012
Todd Sodders is my uncle. I am 15 and that's young but I understand the situation and you guys have no idea who he is. He's accomplished a lot since then. I bet all of you guys have done stupid things not as far as he went but everyone does things they regret. I know she was young and didn't get to live life to the fullest but if you guys met him now you'd think he's a different person. He's my uncle and I love him unconditionally. We are super close and I don't appreciate rude things you guys say. everyone deserves a second chance and he's certainly paid the price. But my life is so messed up as it is and this now. I want my uncle in my life more and for him to come to my school awards and sporting events and things like that. People like you keep him from me.
Curious

Sidney, OH

#34 Jun 22, 2012
I'm sorry the situation hurts you. Unfortunately the only person keeping him from you is him. He is responsible for his actions and must pay the price for taking a life. Although you did nothing to deserve this, neither did Crystal's family. There are always two sides hurt by things like this, but you shouldn't blame people who are hurt by the loss of a victim. Be thankful that you are able to have a relationship with him at all even if it is long distance with him being in prison. Her family and friends don't have that option. If someone murdered you do you think your family and friends would have much sympathy for your killer or care how much he has accomplished??? Also, how can you ever truly pay the price for taking a life?
Central

New Lebanon, OH

#35 Jun 22, 2012
How about you shut the fuck up and get a life. Get of his case and don't worry about him. Yeah we all feel bad about what happened to her. But hes totally changed. So get your facts straight before you want to start shit. You guys knew him. Key word knew. You don't anymore. And good thing because he doesn't need rude people like you apart of his life or to hear shit from you. So once again leave this alone. Your just stirring shit up.
Curious

Sidney, OH

#36 Jun 23, 2012
One thing you will learn with maturity is that if you are trying to get your point across to someone, you shouldn't cuss at them. This just causes the other person to be defensive. I was being kind to you. I apologized that you are hurt by this. Unfortunately, you will never convince me that I should see things your way. But that's a part of life. Not everyone will agree. That's why we have a justice system to decide things for us. This is also a free country where citizens are allowed to talk about any topic they choose.
Also - just a tip - if you want people to feel for you and your uncle you should plan a more thought out response. A hot headed answer doesn't go very far in making people think you have great rational behavior! Nobody is trying to start anything. We are discussing an event and mourning a victim.
tonita

Galloway, OH

#40 Jul 10, 2012
Central wrote:
How about you shut the fuck up and get a life. Get of his case and don't worry about him. Yeah we all feel bad about what happened to her. But hes totally changed. So get your facts straight before you want to start shit. You guys knew him. Key word knew. You don't anymore. And good thing because he doesn't need rude people like you apart of his life or to hear shit from you. So once again leave this alone. Your just stirring shit up.
O.K. little 15yr old. she is my cousin and do you know exactly what he did to her? I bet not! And isn't it convienant that when people who go to PRISON always change and get a second chance? And are nice? He was a crazy obsessed person over her and she did not want anything to do with him and she begged her girlfriend and her friends boyfriend not to leave her alone with him and they went to go make out or something like that, so he got peed off at her and did things to her no one should do to a person maybe you should find a relative in your family who won't sugar coat things to you and describe the brutal crap he did to her and then think what if that was you or your future daughter come back and say you still look up to him! He's a crazy person on the inside no matter what you say now all I have are few memories of her thanks to your UNCLE! And IT's HIS fault she is DEAD and all he got was a slap on the wrist he should have gotten the death penalty! He should NEVER be aloud out of prison because he just might do it again to another female if they turn him down on a relationship. So please quit arguing with people until you get that truthful relative to describe EXACTLY what he did to her and her body.
Springcity

Brooklyn, NY

#41 Aug 7, 2012
If anyone knew Todd now they wouldn't say bad things about him. Don't yell at 15 year old girls for sticking up for their uncle, and move on. Yea he did wrong and will deal with it when he gets to the pearly gates. Don't bring his family into it or feel sorry for them because they are doing just fine. I believe the starter of this convo was asking about Crystal and not asking for trash talk about Todd or his family. Please respect Todd's family, you wouldn't want someone trash talking your family members. Thank you.
tonita wrote:
<quoted text> O.K. little 15yr old. she is my cousin and do you know exactly what he did to her? I bet not! And isn't it convienant that when people who go to PRISON always change and get a second chance? And are nice? He was a crazy obsessed person over her and she did not want anything to do with him and she begged her girlfriend and her friends boyfriend not to leave her alone with him and they went to go make out or something like that, so he got peed off at her and did things to her no one should do to a person maybe you should find a relative in your family who won't sugar coat things to you and describe the brutal crap he did to her and then think what if that was you or your future daughter come back and say you still look up to him! He's a crazy person on the inside no matter what you say now all I have are few memories of her thanks to your UNCLE! And IT's HIS fault she is DEAD and all he got was a slap on the wrist he should have gotten the death penalty! He should NEVER be aloud out of prison because he just might do it again to another female if they turn him down on a relationship. So please quit arguing with people until you get that truthful relative to describe EXACTLY what he did to her and her body.
pete

Peebles, OH

#42 Aug 7, 2012
Todd needs to be raped to death,revived,and raped again.
dptchvy24

Columbus, OH

#43 Aug 21, 2012
Does anybody know if he drove a Mustang or not? I was around in the Enon area for a short time, wondering if it was the same guy a friend of mine dated.
worthless

United States

#44 Aug 24, 2012
I'm pretty sure if was my family member he killed then only got 30 years...I'm pretty sure he would pay very dearly when they got outta prison..sec chance or not this mans sounds like a sick freak and someone needs do to him what he did to her...2 wrongs don't make a right however I just love how those who go to work pay for sick human being and jmo. He is a waste of good space and oxygen killem before he gets outta prison repeats what he did to that lil girl..I'm from urbana and I never heard of him or the story...is he by chance killed the 2 girls that were on there way to or from the bakery??
Curious

Canton, OH

#45 Aug 24, 2012
No that was in 1992 - William Sapp

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buy a House Sun anonymous 2
Drugs and crime in Urbana (Jan '14) Sun anonymous 4
fun (Dec '13) Sat clazy 4
Norman "CHUB" Bowling Dec 17 Michelle Lee 1
Markovs (sp?) restaurant/bar (Mar '10) Dec 15 Todd S Barnes 17
Mexican gangs now infiltrating Kentucky (Dec '08) Dec 11 brown pride 49
male gold diggers Dec 11 clueless 3
Springfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web