First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Curious

Miamisburg, OH

#1 Jul 28, 2011
If anyone has been around the area since the 80's, do you remember the murder of Crystal Wright in or around Old Reid park? She was fifteen. Murdered by Todd Sodders. Just curious about the details.
Marlboro

Chillicothe, OH

#2 Aug 11, 2011
Is the guy still in prison? That's awful. I've heard a lot about that park they should of closed it after it happen or before.
Springfielder

Miamisburg, OH

#3 Aug 11, 2011
Yes, he's still in prison...You don't know any details of the murder do you?

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#4 Aug 11, 2011
I'd frequently run across Todd Sodders during the travels of my vagabond youth. I remember him breathing the butane from a cigarette lighter, flicking the lighter on, and accidentally catching his mouth on fire. Dude was a total stoner.
Curious

Miamisburg, OH

#5 Aug 12, 2011
I have some weird connections to Crystal, and I've never been able to get too many details other than old newspaper clippings. He's truly a creep. I find it odd that his dad was an elected official (Clark County Auditor) for several years and the fact that his son is a murderer was never brought into the light as much as people like dirt!
So, twinertia, it sounds like Todd was into the party scene....I knew that after he killed Crystal he was arrested at a party in Enon. Like nothing happened....

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#6 Aug 12, 2011
Curious wrote:
I have some weird connections to Crystal, and I've never been able to get too many details other than old newspaper clippings. He's truly a creep. I find it odd that his dad was an elected official (Clark County Auditor) for several years and the fact that his son is a murderer was never brought into the light as much as people like dirt!
So, twinertia, it sounds like Todd was into the party scene....I knew that after he killed Crystal he was arrested at a party in Enon. Like nothing happened....
He'd turn up in odd places around Enon; I'd always spot him in a fight with a girlfriend when they lived in a top-floor apartment over what's now Subway's. He'd frequently be seen fleeing bathrooms at Greenon after someone's pot-smoking reports. His Dad's had occasional bouts with a drinking problem (not surprising). Knew his sister, Lisa, and always felt sorry for her, as she's one of the nicest people you'd ever meet.

Always thought Todd was a burn-out, but was amazed to discover he had THAT much of a nasty streak in him. Weird.
Curious

Miamisburg, OH

#7 Aug 13, 2011
Thanks for the info!
Curious

Miamisburg, OH

#9 Aug 14, 2011
tell me more pete
normal

Washington, DC

#10 Oct 28, 2011
Todd is a great guy who got wrapped up in some bad stuff, sometimes bad stuff happens to good people, and sometimes horrible unthinkable stuff happens. Let it go it's in the past.
Curious wrote:
Curious

Miamisburg, OH

#11 Oct 28, 2011
Normal -
I'm not trying to stir anything up. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I was just looking for some details if anyone had them.
I understand that people make mistakes. If it was your friend or family member you may not say to let it go though.....
west ender

Fremont, OH

#12 Oct 31, 2011
Curious,
You should know the details if you know Crystal or Todd.
classof85

Dayton, OH

#13 Nov 2, 2011
I went to JVS with him and I can confirm that he was a strange guy. I can remember when he cut a hole in the top of his hand and put a diamond ( I may be wrong about the diamond) and let the skin grow over .
He also asked my BF to the prom she told him no so he would leave notes and dead flowers by her locker. We are still bf's and she still is freaked out by Todd. It was a horrible crime. In the late 80's they had to have security at Ferncliff cemetary because he (or someone else) threatened to dig her body up.
In the middle of the mall across from Spenser's there used to be plague that was a memorial to Crystal.It is were they engrave items. I knew Lisa and she was a nice person. But Todd was not a nice person. To do this I can remember walking down a flight of steps at school and Todd was behind me I was so scared of him. I partied a lot in the 80's and I knew no one as weird as Todd!
Curious

Miamisburg, OH

#14 Nov 2, 2011
west ender,

If you go back and read my previous comments you will see I never said I knew either one of them. I said I have some weird connections to the situation.

classof85,
thank you for the info. I appreciate all these little details. Did you know Crystal or know of her at all? I'm unable to find anyone that did. I know she lived with her grandmother but she has since passed away.
Curious

Miamisburg, OH

#15 Nov 2, 2011
She is actually is a mausoleum at Rose Hill.
southsider

Dublin, OH

#16 Nov 7, 2011
knew her and was friends with her!!! rip girl
Curious

Miamisburg, OH

#17 Nov 8, 2011
southsider -
Did you go to school with her?
Jvs co84

Miami, FL

#18 Nov 8, 2011
Hey what year did todd graduate? Was his hair really white? And did his family live on n. End of town in that nice neighborhood by mercy? I went to jvs and a boy named todd sodders had a crush on me, but ive been told he died...idk cause moved away and never moved back.could thiz be the same blonde wavy haired boy who wore a leather motorcycle ja ket?
Jvs co84

Miami, FL

#19 Nov 8, 2011
Hey curious. Facebook has a group discussion page under" you know your from springfield if...' there is a dis ission on this topic there. Lots of people who say they knew the girl well. Thats how i happened to this page. I tbimk its the anniversary of her dearh. Good luc.
YEAH

Prince Frederick, MD

#21 Nov 10, 2011
Wow
Curious

Miamisburg, OH

#22 Nov 11, 2011
What? Wow What?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
renegades mc (Jul '09) Thu ready 94
west lib school Nov 19 parent 1
jonica beatty Nov 18 burned 1
Jonica Lloyd Nov 18 burned 3
Regis ? Nov 17 ava937 1
Shaah W Nov 16 Anita Know 1
murder on memorial Dr new years eve 1991 Nov 16 graffixx71 6
Springfield Dating
Find my Match

Springfield People Search