Springfield accepts police chief's re...

Springfield accepts police chief's resignation

There are 7 comments on the The Morning Call story from May 23, 2007, titled Springfield accepts police chief's resignation. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

The circumstances that led to Springfield Township officials taking the police chief off the work schedule last month remain unknown, but the chief's job status was finalized Tuesday night when supervisors ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Too Bad

White Haven, PA

#1 May 23, 2007
Why even bother having a police department at all?
proper

AOL

#2 May 23, 2007
and this is the way it should be-it is very mature of the administrators
and township officials to not talk about why this chief left
it is not our business
whitehall should take note
fair is fair

Bloomsburg, PA

#3 May 23, 2007
Too Bad wrote:
Why even bother having a police department at all?
Better service with your own dept, even if it is only part time. At least you have somebody specific you can stay in contact with when you need to.
chief

Nazareth, PA

#4 May 23, 2007
That Mayor Quimby..

“I can be such a Butthead”

Since: May 07

Coopersburg

#5 May 23, 2007
fair is fair wrote:
<quoted text>
Better service with your own dept, even if it is only part time. At least you have somebody specific you can stay in contact with when you need to.
With the amount of area they cover, 2 cops aren't worth having a department. State Police cover most of the time any way.

When Richland Twp developed a police department several years ago, they were still more staffed than Springfield Twp.
Bruce Whitesell

Allentown, PA

#6 May 23, 2007
I'm a lifelong Springfield Township resident (OK, I escaped for 10 years in the late 60's to see the world and get educated), and I remember when Alex Chazar was the lone officer/chief in the 60's. We need more officers, but the ones we have do a fine job. They have the pulse of the community and an understanding of "local situations". The State police service Springfield from the Dublin Barracks, and that's just too far for an "immediate response". Our Upper Bucks EMS service has just returned to 24/7 status, and I expect that we will see the same with the Police Deoartment, too. It all comes down to money in the end. I favor local police handling local problems.
Bruce Whitesell

Allentown, PA

#7 May 23, 2007
Not sure how my address appears as Laury's Station on the previous post. I'm from Pleasant Valley in Springfield Twp.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 49 min dGo mnaDed lyHo i... 72,026
News Exploring the Queerness of Christianity with Ep... May 24 In Gods we Trust 4
News Scott Leahy, 37, Avenel (Jul '07) May 23 kiss 82
News Company president stole $1M in dental supplies,... May 6 Pete f 1
News Merck beats 1Q profit views with tight cost con... May 5 Elise Gingerich 1
Curious about a 30 year old murder (Apr '06) May 4 Enidi 293
T R U M P can save the USA Apr 29 Josh Mountaineer 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springfield Mortgages