Springfield School Board Cuts Tuition Payments to County Vo-Tech Schools

Aug 30, 2010 Full story: Scotch Plains Patch

In what may be an indication of how area school districts deal with ongoing budget shortfalls, Springfield has become the first municipality in Union County to decline to pay tuition for the students it sends to the County's regional vocational-technical school.

Full Story
springfield resident

Monroe Township, NJ

#1 Sep 5, 2010
the springfield board of special education places students in voc tech stating it would be a great place for a child with special needs to get some kind of trade, the child goes gets that trade and enjoys it, than the springfield district takes away the resource rooms puts them in the general class rooms and lables the students now take away the voc tech what is wrong with this picture?? springfield can save money big time by getting away without those ladies working in the speical service room located at JD Highschool. They do nothing to help our special education students because there is no more speical ed. Remember ladies the speicial education was moved? so why not move you to the employment department....As far as being notified. The parents never get notified by the education department we get notified by our children so there are some more heads you can let go and savce some money.....
Npbard

South Plainfield, NJ

#2 Sep 6, 2010
springfield resident wrote:
the springfield board of special education places students in voc tech stating it would be a great place for a child with special needs to get some kind of trade, the child goes gets that trade and enjoys it, than the springfield district takes away the resource rooms puts them in the general class rooms and lables the students now take away the voc tech what is wrong with this picture?? springfield can save money big time by getting away without those ladies working in the speical service room located at JD Highschool. They do nothing to help our special education students because there is no more speical ed. Remember ladies the speicial education was moved? so why not move you to the employment department....As far as being notified. The parents never get notified by the education department we get notified by our children so there are some more heads you can let go and savce some money.....
I feel for you...I have a severely disabled child in Np and I'm sure it is a matter of time when het program is eliminated...I guess at that pointbi will seek an attorney...you should do the same, my friend...
springfiled resident

Monroe Township, NJ

#3 Sep 18, 2010
npbard from expierence you dont need an attorney (the cost is high thousands!! trust me, i have been there) you can go to the state and be represented by them since its the law.. hope all works out for you i feel like i won we are almost done with this school and i cant wait to move on

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr JOEL 70,105
Radio Stations in Union County NJ Oct 21 FLIPITYFLOP 1
A look back at some of Thomas Edison's greatest... Oct 17 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Presidential Visit to Union May Create Traffic ... Oct 16 FLIPITYFLOP 2
Scott Leahy, 37, Avenel (Jul '07) Oct 14 KIss 71
Five Questions With...Frank G. Mazzarella Oct 12 ROSENBERG 1
Winter Clothing Drive For Homeless Veterans On ... Oct 11 FLIPITYFLOP 1

Springfield News Video

Springfield Dating
Find my Match