Curious about a 30 year old murder
Cold Case

Montclair, NJ

#81 Nov 20, 2009
The flood occurred in 1999 and all of the records were water damaged. Since that time all of these records have been freeze dried and are in storage. There was never a cover up that is total bs. What you all forget is that Springfield PD investigated this case along with the Union County Prosecutor's Office, who by the way, also maintain case files for this case. So people lets stop the nonsense and if you have nothing worthwhile to contribute please don't. Cindy contact the Prosecutor's Office and ask them to open the case again if you have any new information that might lead to who committed this murder. Good Luck.
what

Allentown, PA

#82 Nov 20, 2009
Cold Case wrote:
The flood occurred in 1999 and all of the records were water damaged. Since that time all of these records have been freeze dried and are in storage. There was never a cover up that is total bs. What you all forget is that Springfield PD investigated this case along with the Union County Prosecutor's Office, who by the way, also maintain case files for this case. So people lets stop the nonsense and if you have nothing worthwhile to contribute please don't. Cindy contact the Prosecutor's Office and ask them to open the case again if you have any new information that might lead to who committed this murder. Good
Luck.
What else can you say? Youre obviosly one of the cops from back the n since you know about the records. Why would someone ask the case to be reopened by a bunch of fools? Really they didnt help then, why would they help now. Cover up or not the pigs didnt even come close to solving this. Just like why didnt they find her body way sooner? I mean all the teens hung up there and partied, wouldnt that be one of the 1st places they checked??? And wasnt there a pig shooting range right by there. Maybe a cop accidentally shot her and his partner helped him cove it up. Who knows, one thing we all know though is the springfeild pigs were useless. Maybe the family wouldve got help if they contributed $ to the local politicians...
SRB

South Hackensack, NJ

#83 Nov 29, 2009
Cindy DePalma wrote:
This is very good information and a good possibility. Jeanette's route that day could of put her right at the Bladis' house as it was on the way to the train station in Summit where she was headed. If anyone knows Donna please tell her to contact me through this website.
<quoted text>
A Richard Bladis is listed in the White Pages on Summit Rd. Look it up if you want the exact address.Mountainside but he must have an unlisted phone number. Donna Bladis is also listed as in the whitepages for Mountainside. No address listed or phone number published. Like I said. I met Donna's daughter at a nail salon. I went to Dayton, too. Graduated in '79. Had always been scared by the incident. Maybe I assumed Donna was grounded because she said she wasn't allowed to leave the house. I guess 'cause she was having a party. Why was she going to the Summit Train Station?
TheVoiceOfReason

Philadelphia, PA

#84 Nov 29, 2009
Wow. Are you all serious? This is the most ridiculous group of posts I have ever had the misfortune to read. First of all, it's disgusting how badly the lot of you want to lay claim to this girl like she's some sort of celebrity. Everyone is claiming to be some sort of distant cousin or friend- simply awful. How do you think that makes her real family feel?

Also, The drama you are trying to create around this is sickening "Ooh guess who I ran into and what I found out"....oh please. A psychic? Seriously? You talked to the victim via a medium? I doubt even you believe that. You just want to blow smoke on some website and maybe, just maybe, somebody will think you are important for two seconds.

Also, I hate to point this out since you all are all so dedicated to playing conspiracy theory, but cases go unsolved all the time. Sure, it's possible that there was some sort of police cover-up ....possible but not very plausible. Most cover-ups are made public eventually. This is due to the simply fact that secrets are hard to keep. This could just be a case that couldn't yet be solved. It's easy to blame the easiest scapegoat, which in the absence of a conviction, is the police. Still, it is important to remain objective and not participate in exercises in misdirected anger.

One final note, a good majority of these posts had absolutely atrocious spelling. The best was the one poster who kept calling others "incompitent".....I hope the irony isn't lost on you.

I am in no way affiliated with this case. In fact, I barely know anything about it. I just happened upon this site, and was absolutely transfixed by the gross display of human ignorance. This is in no way directed at the actual family members, just the leeches with nothing better than to tell stories and capitalize on a tragedy.
Summitgal

Trenton, NJ

#85 Nov 30, 2009
TheVoiceOfReason wrote:
Wow. Are you all serious? This is the most ridiculous group of posts I have ever had the misfortune to read. First of all, it's disgusting how badly the lot of you want to lay claim to this girl like she's some sort of celebrity. Everyone is claiming to be some sort of distant cousin or friend- simply awful. How do you think that makes her real family feel?
Also, The drama you are trying to create around this is sickening "Ooh guess who I ran into and what I found out"....oh please. A psychic? Seriously? You talked to the victim via a medium? I doubt even you believe that. You just want to blow smoke on some website and maybe, just maybe, somebody will think you are important for two seconds.
Also, I hate to point this out since you all are all so dedicated to playing conspiracy theory, but cases go unsolved all the time. Sure, it's possible that there was some sort of police cover-up ....possible but not very plausible. Most cover-ups are made public eventually. This is due to the simply fact that secrets are hard to keep. This could just be a case that couldn't yet be solved. It's easy to blame the easiest scapegoat, which in the absence of a conviction, is the police. Still, it is important to remain objective and not participate in exercises in misdirected anger.
One final note, a good majority of these posts had absolutely atrocious spelling. The best was the one poster who kept calling others "incompitent".....I hope the irony isn't lost on you.
I am in no way affiliated with this case. In fact, I barely know anything about it. I just happened upon this site, and was absolutely transfixed by the gross display of human ignorance. This is in no way directed at the actual family members, just the leeches with nothing better than to tell stories and capitalize on a tragedy.
I agree with your post but I do believe the investigation was very poorly handled and possibly to protect someone associated with it. This case was news for two weeks and then nothing, not a peep about it. The poor girl wasn't found miles away, it was practically in her back yard. And she wasn't dumped at the murder scene it took quite an effort to get her there because it was quite a remote and desolate part of the quarry. You are correct concerning these posts but hopefully someone will stumble upon this forum and offer constructive insight concerning this case.
SRB

South Hackensack, NJ

#86 Dec 1, 2009
TheVoiceOfReason wrote:
I'm sorry that you think we have too much time on our hands. But maybe it is a form of group therapy for those of us who lived in the area after Jeannette disappeared. Most of us who grew up in the Mountainside/Springfield area during the 1970's were very effected by the murders and the reported suicides that occurred. I was an active independent 10 year old when Jeannette was reported missing.I did not know her. But my father read me the article in the Star Ledger. For years after, I was not allowed to ride my bike alone. Walk home from school. Walk to my friend house. I remember sprinting home from my best friend's house so as not to get abducted myself. It was very frightening! And then the young man who jump from the watertower. Most Springfield/Mountainside children could see the tower from their homes. Going to the top of the tower with my parents was a really big deal. It was a right of passage to kids in the area. To think of someone jumping is horrifying to a young teenager. I am surpised that there were not any copycot jumpers. And, then the Manoff murder. In the '70 most of the mothers were home alone during the day. The thought of maybe coming home to seeing your mother chopped into bits (like Dexter)is mind boggling. As children we expect our parents to keep us safe. This was out of their control. Especially since there was no closure with either of the murders. I didn't think about the DePalma, Water Tower and Manoff Murders 'til my own teenage son brought it to my attention. He reads Weird NJ. It brought on a series of conversions with both my teenage boys about walking alone, especially at night. Another Dayton graduate (after '79) died jumping from a hitchhiker's car when things got creepy with the driver of the car. Let's hope something like this never happens again to our communities.
Chimney Ridge

United States

#87 Dec 1, 2009
SRB wrote:
<quoted text>
But maybe it is a form of group therapy for those of us who lived in the area after Jeannette disappeared.
I agree.

and my best wishes go out to the Depalmas.
Adriana62

Iselin, NJ

#88 Dec 1, 2009
TheVoiceOfReason wrote:
Oh how wrong you are to judge those you dont even know.You are asking to be judged when you do that.I dont care if people agree with my method of trying to find out what happened to Jeanette nor do I need the attention.I'm open minded and have had many years of experience with psychics so naturally I would go that route.We are all psychic but the ability lies dorment in most of us.Not all the people who post messages are crackpots.Many are moved by this case as I am.If family and friends feel better airing their views who are you to criticise? I believe Jeanette has come to terms with her death and is happy.It is those left behind that must find a way to cope.We all have different ways of handling grief.Dont add to it by being harsh.You clearly need to work on your compassion and realize that you are a being of love, that is your true nature.
Summitgal

Trenton, NJ

#89 Dec 2, 2009
Group therapy, people? The only one who may need group therapy is the post referring to the father who read his ten year old child murder articles from the local paper. You, I can understand having nightmares. I suppose I would as well if my parents read me stories like that when I was a child. Some of the posts are nonsense and these are the posts TheVoiceOfReason is referring to. And these posts are from "family and friends"? This is where family and friends meet to console each other? Are you kidding me? Inspite of the nonsense posted here this forum may very well attract legitimate information and be taken seriously. I certainly hope this will be the outcome. And Adriana62 I have much interest in the paranormal, always have and do not consider you a crackpot but I do not have faith in mediums. Someone suggested in a previous post to contact the prosecutor's office and ask the case be reopened. I for one will do this, will anyone else? Perhaps if we put our efforts towards this we can contribute toward the effort to solve this.
melissa

North Port, FL

#90 Dec 2, 2009
TheVoiceOfReason wrote:
having spoken to jeanette's family,i feel that they are grateful that jeanette has not been forgotten.she was a much better person than you appear to be.
and the irony that i see here is that you spent so much time on your post and added nothing helpful.prehaps you should take up a hobby.
SRB

South Hackensack, NJ

#91 Dec 2, 2009
Summitgal wrote:
Group therapy, people? The only one who may need group therapy is the post referring to the father who read his ten year old child murder articles from the local paper. You, I can understand having nightmares. I suppose I would as well if my parents read me stories like that when I was a child. Some of the posts are nonsense and these are the posts TheVoiceOfReason is referring to. And these posts are from "family and friends"? This is where family and friends meet to console each other? Are you kidding me? Inspite of the nonsense posted here this forum may very well attract legitimate information and be taken seriously. I certainly hope this will be the outcome. And Adriana62 I have much interest in the paranormal, always have and do not consider you a crackpot but I do not have faith in mediums. Someone suggested in a previous post to contact the prosecutor's office and ask the case be reopened. I for one will do this, will anyone else? Perhaps if we put our efforts towards this we can contribute toward the effort to solve this.
I'm sorry. I didn't realize that this site was just for family and friends. Good luck with your investigation.
melissa bladis

Clifton, NJ

#92 Dec 3, 2009
im donnas daughter from mountainside, not the one from the nail salon, you still want to get in touch with her? and what for?
melissa bladis

Clifton, NJ

#93 Dec 3, 2009
Cindy DePalma wrote:
This is very good information and a good possibility. Jeanette's route that day could of put her right at the Bladis' house as it was on the way to the train station in Summit where she was headed. If anyone knows Donna please tell her to contact me through this website.
<quoted text>
im donnas daughter melissa, my mom says she knows you and would like your e-mail adress
Cindy

Newark, NJ

#94 Dec 4, 2009
I really would like to talk to Donna. She can email me at [email protected] Thanks
melissa bladis wrote:
<quoted text>
im donnas daughter melissa, my mom says she knows you and would like your e-mail adress
Mark Moran--Weird NJ

Belleville, NJ

#95 Dec 8, 2009
jon wrote:
My mom used to live right by the Depalma's and this case has always interested me. I have read alot on the case and I do believe that she was denied a fair investigation by police for whatever reason. I have noticed that a lot of people claim that the weird new jersey story is false, does anyone know why ppl claim that the weird nj story is a fabrication? What details did they lie about?
There is nothing false or fabricated about the story in Weird NJ. All facts were taken directly from newspaper accounts from the time of the killing or from quotes from people who knew Jannette personally, such as members of her family. Many of the news reports from the time contained speculation. That speculation is clearly pointed out in our article as theirs and not our own. If anyone thinks they can prove that WNJ deliberately falsified any information I would be interested in having them post the exact quote from our article on this forum that they believe to be a fabrication. WE DARE YOU.
kat

Plymouth Meeting, PA

#96 Dec 8, 2009
realfamily wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah those cops were incompitnent fools, they never even took photos of the crime scene or body.Why are you defending them??
I happen to know that the police did in fact take pictures (many) at the crime scene! People should stick to the real facts.
what

Allentown, PA

#97 Jan 6, 2010
Summitgal wrote:
FYI I did contact the asst. district attorney from back then and he acted like he never even heard of Jeanette, his excact words were "that case or name doesnt ring a bell", I responded how could you not remember one of the coldest cases you dealt with and she was missing for weeks, then he said oh wait I vaguely remember that case. Then he directed me somewhere else but not before he questioned me with great concern about who I was. He was more concerned with who I was then who Jeanette was.Good luck, theyre not gonna release records to a non family member.
what

Allentown, PA

#98 Jan 6, 2010
I would like to thank weird NJ for doing this story. I know they published the truth but they also published stuff people wrote to them or said to them and the only lies are the ones that came from some of those people like that idiot Rick and his group of freinds. Read what he said on the phone, he contradicts himself many times.I also wish weird NJ would continue with this case, but this time they should allow family access to the letters and contacts they get about my aunt Jeanette
closetotheedge

Piscataway, NJ

#99 Jan 7, 2010
It amazes me that in this discussion of Springfield unsolved murders no one mentioned Sylvia Karlsberg.A great mother and gentle soul
Cindy

Toms River, NJ

#100 Jan 8, 2010
I don't recall anyone by thst name but I do recall that there were other murders in Union County around the same time of my sister's murder. Joan Kramer? The one found dead in Maplewood lying on a bed of leaves?
closetotheedge wrote:
It amazes me that in this discussion of Springfield unsolved murders no one mentioned Sylvia Karlsberg.A great mother and gentle soul

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News N.J. 8th graders reportedly snub Paul Ryan at D... 1 hr Rooty Rootbeer 4
South Orange Photo with Ryan refused Fri Rooty Rootbeer 3
News Fights, arrests after 300 youths converge on N.... Fri pugs 1
Review: Blue Circle Marketing May 25 dlynch 1
Union County Criminal Mugshots and Arrests Records (Sep '16) May 25 info 3
Compressor for air conditioner May 21 Sallyanne Oettinger 1
News Meet this N.J. city's first black and first fem... May 17 kate 1

Springfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance