Family of deceased inmate sues Somers...

Family of deceased inmate sues Somerset ...

There are 14 comments on the Jersey Journal story from Oct 7, 2008, titled Family of deceased inmate sues Somerset .... In it, Jersey Journal reports that:

The family of a man who hanged himself at the Somerset County jail last August is suing the county government and the Somerset County Sheriff's Office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Jersey Journal.

cev

AOL

#1 Oct 8, 2008
somerset county jail has the worst medical staff
the inmates are lucky to get out alive
chest

Buffalo, NY

#2 Oct 16, 2008
why do you say that ?what happened?
chest

Buffalo, NY

#3 Oct 16, 2008
Well they shouldn't of dones something illegal in the first place. Then he or she wouldn't have been in jail. Go cry to someone else.
get real

Brownsville, TN

#4 Nov 7, 2008
first thing, somerset does not have a jail. second, it is named pcdc, third, any one can sue any one but that doesn't mean anything. and last,
most of the inmates that go to jail are already in
poor health due to drug use and not taking care of themseleves before they ever go to jail. also inmates can pay for private health care and see a doctor, but most will not ask because they may have to pay for something which they are not use to doing becasue if they did pay thier own way they would not be in jail for drug use and selling, stealing, not taking care of thier kids, and would be working a job! the jail is not the
health dept. it's a jail!!!!! so good luck on hitting the lawsuit lottery and if that doesn't come thru, get a job!
get real

Brownsville, TN

#5 Nov 7, 2008
mike harris and his staff do everything by the book, they did not hang your loved one and would have done everything to prevent this from happening. why dont you also tell what your family members history was and his mental state,
ect. jim wilson, mike harris and others, treat inmates fair and are good to them as possible.
stop your belly aching

Lockport, NY

#6 Nov 12, 2008
Yeah Yeah Yeah The sorry champ shouldn't of placed himself in the position of getting into jail. Stop crying. The inmates deserve everyhting they get. If they wanted to be treated right they shouldn't of done the crime
Wow

Flemington, NJ

#7 Feb 2, 2009
I hope none of you have explorative children. Also, 15% of people in jail are there for dui's. They are there for six months more than a murderer. Hope you NEVER drink and drive. Hope anyone you love NEVER drinks and drives. Not all of the people in jail belong there. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty. Most of these people can't afford bail and are awaiting trial.
Court Officer

Scranton, PA

#8 Feb 3, 2009
The Hanging INMATE: Tuff crap on this person. I guess the Family loved him, but not enough to keep the idiot out of JAIL. He is where he belongs now. Not a bother to anyone, Family, what ever friends, Citizens (Which is now costing us money). Dead and still costing tax payers money, pisses me off. Should of hung himself at his parents home. Than I wounder who would be to BLAME.
prego

Somerset, KY

#9 Apr 22, 2009
inmatews are ppl to and my brothewr wqas muredered there by cowards pcdc should be shut down or get better staff wha cares and a new jailer our jailer sux
cincinnati

AOL

#10 Jul 22, 2009
How dare to say he is where he belongs now.I was charge once with something I didn't know any thing about,Mistaken for someone else.very innocent and was proven innocent.Did I deserve to be in jail even for 1 minute no hell no.You people are ignorant and hope this never happens to your child or hope your kin never hangs their self don't think you are above the law cause you are not,any thing can happen and it can happen to you like it did me and I don't do drugs or any crimes hard working person for 38 years but i was
arrested.CAN THIS HAPPEN TO YOU YES YES
joe w

Johnstown, PA

#11 Jan 3, 2015
I myself was in somerset county jail in 2003 and ws beat to the point were blood was coming from my ears nd knocked out . When I woke up the guard was telling the hospital staff I was a drug abuser and was just withdrawing
Karen Fletcher

Stamford, CT

#12 Jan 31, 2016
get real wrote:
first thing, somerset does not have a jail. second, it is named pcdc, third, any one can sue any one but that doesn't mean anything. and last,
most of the inmates that go to jail are already in
poor health due to drug use and not taking care of themseleves before they ever go to jail. also inmates can pay for private health care and see a doctor, but most will not ask because they may have to pay for something which they are not use to doing becasue if they did pay thier own way they would not be in jail for drug use and selling, stealing, not taking care of thier kids, and would be working a job! the jail is not the
health dept. it's a jail!!!!! so good luck on hitting the lawsuit lottery and if that doesn't come thru, get a job!
Boy. Aren't you the judge and jury? I have a friend in there and it ain't no pretty picture he tells me the only way people get out is in body bags
and you have the audacity to talk about those people get real
Karen Fletcher

Stamford, CT

#13 Jan 31, 2016
Karen Fletcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy. Aren't you the judge and jury? I have a friend in there and it ain't no pretty picture he tells me the only way people get out is in body bags
and you have the audacity to talk about those people get real
NOW how do you feel? Vindicated
Stop the ill

Jersey City, NJ

#14 Yesterday
stop your belly aching wrote:
Yeah Yeah Yeah The sorry champ shouldn't of placed himself in the position of getting into jail. Stop crying. The inmates deserve everyhting they get. If they wanted to be treated right they shouldn't of done the crime
You stupid bit*h, there's people in jail for petty crimes like jwalking. Just because someone is in jail dosent mean their bad people or especially deserve to die. Do you even know who this man was?? I don't think so. Soo go somewhere else with that bulls*it of "shouldn't of done the crime". Wait till someone you know ends up in jail over some dumb shit. That's when ur dumba*s will start thinking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fitness South Orange Mon zemil1076 1
Plumber (Apr '13) Jun 17 Chris333 2
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Jun 13 Joel 72,030
News Library Director Susan Calantone Resigns Jun 7 Doctor DooLittle 1
News Exploring the Queerness of Christianity with Ep... May '16 In Gods we Trust 4
News Scott Leahy, 37, Avenel (Jul '07) May '16 kiss 82
News Company president stole $1M in dental supplies,... May '16 Pete f 1

Springfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springfield Mortgages