Etta

Angola, NY

#1 Jan 22, 2013
Hi in our search to find a suitable new place to live.. We've been researching MO. Looks like everything we want! I posted to a few places and then got a little concerned bring from rural NY, we don't face a lot if racism outright, my concerns are someone mentioned kkk meetings and such in MO, Thot never crossed my mind?! I worry bc our adopted daughter is biracial? We are both white.. She definitely looks African American. Does anyone honestly think this will be an issue here?!
Please Move To Branson

Sparta, MO

#2 Jan 23, 2013
Dear Etta in Rural New York State

No, emphatically NO! Come on down to Branson Missouri, we'd love have you all come live with us in the beautiful Missouri Ozark Mountains.

Because GOD walks these old Ozark Hills with us everyday,
and GOD teaches us Ozark Mountaineers how to love our new neighbors and show & tell them about
a NICE PLACE TO LIVE & RAISE KIDS.

It's the best place in these Divided States of America to live now that the entire country is in an economic downturn.

Most of us believe what Martin Luther King said:
'We Shall Overcome".
Etta wrote:
Hi in our search to find a suitable new place to live.. We've been researching MO. Looks like everything we want! I posted to a few places and then got a little concerned bring from rural NY, we don't face a lot if racism outright, my concerns are someone mentioned kkk meetings and such in MO, Thot never crossed my mind?! I worry bc our adopted daughter is biracial? We are both white.. She definitely looks African American. Does anyone honestly think this will be an issue here?!
I am a white person too and I am seeing a few bi-racial kids come into the super markets here in Branson with their parents,
which is usually a pretty white woman with a black husband,and they always have good looking kids too.

GOD made us all,black white, Mexican, we are all GOD's children.
Plese consider moving to Branson Missouri.
You can google us and find out more about the friendly Branson Missouri-Show Me Hillbillies!

ps: just to be 100% honest with you,
35 miles south of Branson, in a little known town of Zinc, Arkansas, which is near Harrison Arkansas, is the National Headquarters of the egregious-infamous KKK.
But they are like a toothless tiger....

they don't bother anybody anymore.

It was on the TV news recently how the Mayor of Harrison Arkansas is trying to change the image of his nice town, because of the KKK
gets all their mail # P. O. Box 2222-Harrison,Ark.

You can google that too.

Branson Missouri Is the best place in these Divided States of America to live now that the entire country is in an economic downturn.

Most of us believe what Martin Luther King said:
'We Shall Overcome".

Please consider moving to Branson, because we are everything that you want..

Thank You and may GOD bless you and your family.
Stay in NYC

Tianjin, China

#3 Jan 23, 2013
TBH you and the little black child would feel better in the liberal progressive state of NY that transplanting yourselves. You obviously wanted more black culture in your family consider instead a move to a black region and see how the white parents fit in.

As for what God thinks about people, of course he loves us all. However hates multiculturism which is a plan from Satan to destroy God's people, so dont try and use God to justify your behavior.

There is a growing black community in Springfield you may fit into. Outside of that, not much.

hope that helps!
aur56

Monett, MO

#4 Jan 23, 2013
Etta wrote:
Your kids will be fine in Springfield, I raised 2 bi racial boys in this area, inter racial families are welcome..There is KKK in Arkansas ,around Harrison area. No need to worry about them, they stick to their nasty selves. Not welcome in Missouri..t's a good ,smaller city to live in with lots of kid friendly activities for you all. Good schools etc...Welcome if you move here.
aur56

Monett, MO

#5 Jan 23, 2013
To Etta....remember this is the bible belt so take alot of this in stride...cost of living is much less than back east ( i moved from east coast 24 years ago) you'll like it here, good folks, good place ,don't let the negative on Topix run you off. Topix is mostly for the ugly side of peoples opinions...

Since: Jan 13

Whately, MA

#7 Jan 24, 2013
Had you paid any attention to my post you would realize I am from a tiny rural community not NYC. Ignorance is bliss I guess still. Thank you for your input though.
Stay in NYC wrote:
TBH you and the little black child would feel better in the liberal progressive state of NY that transplanting yourselves. You obviously wanted more black culture in your family consider instead a move to a black region and see how the white parents fit in.
As for what God thinks about people, of course he loves us all. However hates multiculturism which is a plan from Satan to destroy God's people, so dont try and use God to justify your behavior.
There is a growing black community in Springfield you may fit into. Outside of that, not much.
hope that helps!
Need Firewood

Branson, MO

#8 Jan 24, 2013
No problem. We are pro life, pro god, pro gun, pro freedom, pro sanctity of marriage, pro low taxes and will stand up for these things. We hope you agree.
aur56

Monett, MO

#9 Jan 24, 2013
Need Firewood wrote:
No problem. We are pro life, pro god, pro gun, pro freedom, pro sanctity of marriage, pro low taxes and will stand up for these things. We hope you agree.
Etta doesn't need to agree with anything you just said, it's her choice to agree or not. She is welcome to live here regardless.We are NOT ALL proguns, pro life,etc...this is America we can choose.

Since: Jan 13

Angola, NY

#10 Jan 24, 2013
Need Firewood wrote:
I agree in fact the reason we are moving is the gun laws changed here in Ny. One if our best friends just had to close up his gun shop he do proudly opened and ran on his own. NY takes another Mom and Pop business down... Very sad actually.

Since: Jul 10

Fairfax, VA

#11 Jan 24, 2013
Etta-Thomas wrote:
<quoted text>I agree in fact the reason we are moving is the gun laws changed here in Ny. One if our best friends just had to close up his gun shop he do proudly opened and ran on his own. NY takes another Mom and Pop business down... Very sad actually.
You will enjoy it here. Overall good people, and the recent population boom (last 20 years or so) means there are a lot of folks like yourself that have moved from all different areas. Not the most racially diverse area, percentage-wise, but doesn't carry the entrenched bigotry that sometimes might be expected from a predominantly white city.

More so than other places I've lived, folks around here are mostly concerned with doing their thing and letting others do theirs. Very conservative, but with enough fringe liberalism to provide a healthy balance.
Ozkr

Bratislava, Slovakia

#12 Jan 24, 2013
Need Firewood wrote:

Pro family too which is not multicultural.. neither is pro God multicultural.
Ozkr

Bratislava, Slovakia

#13 Jan 24, 2013
aur56 wrote:
We are NOT ALL proguns, pro life,etc...this is America we can choose.

We dont get to choose pro life. It was decided by the supreme court.

Pro gun is the second amendment of the constitution.(state constitution too.) What other parts of the constitution do you not agree with?
Ozkr

Bratislava, Slovakia

#14 Jan 24, 2013

OP starts a thread suggesting everyone who doesnt support mix-race family are 'racist'. The term 'racist' didnt even exist before globalist marxism (1828 Websters). The term was simply invented to label anyone who opposes the marxist open border globalism.

Real racism is found in Darwin's origins of species and resulting eugenics policies.

Whether this yahoo claims to be pro gun or not it is an agenda to plant multiculturism in the south to subvert the founding culture and overthrow society. Maybe the #1 poster (OP) is telling the truth about wanting to leave NY due to gun control or maybe plans to infiltrate the south because we are oppose gun control to 'change, the region.

Rep Charlie Rangel:

Rep. Charlie Rangel on Guns: "Some of the Southern Areas Have Cultures that We Have to Overcome"
January 21, 2013
Rangel responded by saying:“New York is a little different and more progressive in a lot of areas than some other states and some of the southern areas have cultures that we have to overcome.”
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/rep-charlie-r...

Since: Jul 10

Fairfax, VA

#15 Jan 25, 2013
Ozkr wrote:
OP starts a thread suggesting everyone who doesnt support mix-race family are 'racist'. The term 'racist' didnt even exist before globalist marxism (1828 Websters). The term was simply invented to label anyone who opposes the marxist open border globalism.

Real racism is found in Darwin's origins of species and resulting eugenics policies.

Whether this yahoo claims to be pro gun or not it is an agenda to plant multiculturism in the south to subvert the founding culture and overthrow society. Maybe the #1 poster (OP) is telling the truth about wanting to leave NY due to gun control or maybe plans to infiltrate the south because we are oppose gun control to 'change, the region.

Rep Charlie Rangel:

Rep. Charlie Rangel on Guns: "Some of the Southern Areas Have Cultures that We Have to Overcome"
January 21, 2013
Rangel responded by saying:“New York is a little different and more progressive in a lot of areas than some other states and some of the southern areas have cultures that we have to overcome.”
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/rep-charlie-r...
Who cares when the word came into being? Racism is the belief that the characteristics of one's race make it superior to another. Whether you subscribe to that belief or not, it can't be argued that there are folks that do. It's up to you to attach your level of acceptance to that belief.

If you were able to read with any context, the OP didn't get on a soapbox about race. She stated that they had a multiracial daughter, and asked about how that is received in this area. Simple question. Your nonsense about an "invasion" of sorts is absurd, as is the bolstering of your belief by using a quote from one if the biggest buffoons in Congress.
white man

New Zealand

#18 Jan 27, 2013
Ima. inbreed
white man

New Zealand

#19 Jan 27, 2013
Mississippi 4lyf. my dad is my uncol my mum is my unty yeeeee haaaaaa my wife iz my sister yeeeeee hasaaa. I've had a lot of blck man in my lyf tme they all cry lyk lul gurls yeeeee haaaaaa
Uber-Bro of the Unborn

Norfolk, VA

#20 Feb 5, 2013
Is there a link between racism and abortion? Let's all judge for ourselves by exploring the web-site of Life Dynamics Incorporated!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Three missing women at Cox South (Oct '06) 23 min olddog 11,778
Cox Clinic Ozark 8 hr Misty_L 1
Drew Garrison (Mar '15) 22 hr Curious 9
Firehouse Sports Bar Jun 22 Delilah 1
Crossdressers in springfield want to talk (Mar '15) Jun 22 Justin_Justina 9
Mark Edward Sager Jun 22 Raymond 1
Donald Trump FACT Jun 21 Now_What 31
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springfield Mortgages