Local jobs that do not drug test

Posted in the Springfield Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Cannibis Jones

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 23, 2012
 

Judged:

7

6

6

I've recently moved to Springfield, Mo. from Mobile, Al. to be closer to my ailing parents. Does anybody here in Springfield have a list or knowledge of local jobs that DO NOT drug screen applicants? This information would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Freedom

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 24, 2012
 

Judged:

8

8

6

Most small local companies do not, and almost all corporations do. Forcing a person to pee in a cup is simply dehumanizing. I would not want to work for a company that treats people like animals. If a person isn't doing their job, an employer can fire them for not doing their job, regardless of the reason.
Most businesses in the down-town area do not drug test. Price Cutter does not drug test, Dillon's uses a saliva test which is less dehumanizing than pee. Most local bars and restaurants do not test.
I shop at businesses that treat their employees with respect, so I like to know which ones drug test for that reason. I will NOT shop at Walmart or any company that forces a person to pee in a cup. I want to shop where people are treated with respect. Forcing people to pee in a cup is a great indicator of how the company will treat you after you are hired, employees deserve respect.
SuZ

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 24, 2012
 

Judged:

9

8

6

I'd think the insurance company would be behind it rather than the company its self ... accident liability , the cost of drug rehab is probably a pretty penny . I dont see it as dehumanizing ... seems the company simply doesnt want to carry the risk of an employee's illegal activity .
Chuck Amuck

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 25, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

I can understand them not wanting people to be high at work but what somebody does in their free time shouldnt be their business. If I smoked pot when on a fishing trip friday night and get a pee test monday morning thats positive and get fired, thats stupid. A joint isnt going to keep me high 3 days.
Oh My

Sedalia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 25, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Privately owned companies have both the right as well as the responsibility to maintain a safe and productive workplace. Public agencies are tasked with being good stewards of public funds, and as such should have rigid drug testing programs to prevent waste, fraud and abuse.

The fact is that drug users have higher absenteeism, greater incidence of theft and generally lower productivity not to mention a much greater incidence of being involved in accidents. Whether this is directly due to the effects of the drugs being used, or the general lack of character that afflicts drug users is subject to debate.

It is very true that a person has the absolute right to refuse drug testing, unless said testing is a condition of probation or parole. It is also just as true that no individual person can claim a "right" to any specific job or employment status. If you want the job, but it requires that you refrain from using heroin, the choice is yours to make.

Alternatively, you could risk your own financial livelihood, start your own business and employ nothing but stoners if that is what you want.
tammy

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

a company I used to work for made people do drug tests. they hired someone who passed the test. This person lasted 3 days and on the 3rd day came back from lunch so stoned they thought they were at the zoo! ran around and jumped on counters tried to get in grocery cart! so much for drug testing! lol
it was a retail store.
Stubborn Old Man

Joplin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 24, 2012
 

Judged:

10

7

3

Oh My wrote:
Privately owned companies have both the right as well as the responsibility to maintain a safe and productive workplace. Public agencies are tasked with being good stewards of public funds, and as such should have rigid drug testing programs to prevent waste, fraud and abuse.
The fact is that drug users have higher absenteeism, greater incidence of theft and generally lower productivity not to mention a much greater incidence of being involved in accidents. Whether this is directly due to the effects of the drugs being used, or the general lack of character that afflicts drug users is subject to debate.
It is very true that a person has the absolute right to refuse drug testing, unless said testing is a condition of probation or parole. It is also just as true that no individual person can claim a "right" to any specific job or employment status. If you want the job, but it requires that you refrain from using heroin, the choice is yours to make.
Alternatively, you could risk your own financial livelihood, start your own business and employ nothing but stoners if that is what you want.
Hogwash......What you posted just parrots the unfounded talking points of the Anti-Marijuana campaign that has perpetuated the "Demonizing" marijuana for more than 40yrs.

What people do in their free time is THEIR BUSINESS!! PERIOD! And if it doesn't have a negative impact on their job.....then stay out of their business already.

Why don't you apply the same logic to Alcohol and Tobacco that consistantly kill hundreds of thousands of people every year, but yet where is the outrage and control exerted by insurance companies and businesses when it comes to these two proven killers......Oh yea, I forgot, they are both "Legal Killers", so its ok to indulge in those. We won't "Take Your Job Away From You" for using "Those Drugs"......but god forbid, don't partake of the Marijuana, cause then we'll have to fire you. F-N hippocrites!
anthony

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 24, 2012
 

Judged:

8

5

4

Stubborn Old Man wrote:
<quoted text>Hogwash......What you posted just parrots the unfounded talking points of the Anti-Marijuana campaign that has perpetuated the "Demonizing" marijuana for more than 40yrs.

What people do in their free time is THEIR BUSINESS!! PERIOD! And if it doesn't have a negative impact on their job.....then stay out of their business already.

Why don't you apply the same logic to Alcohol and Tobacco that consistantly kill hundreds of thousands of people every year, but yet where is the outrage and control exerted by insurance companies and businesses when it comes to these two proven killers......Oh yea, I forgot, they are both "Legal Killers", so its ok to indulge in those. We won't "Take Your Job Away From You" for using "Those Drugs"......but god forbid, don't partake of the Marijuana, cause then we'll have to fire you. F-N hippocrites!
That just shows your as stupid now as when you were younger
Stubborn Old Man

Joplin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 24, 2012
 

Judged:

6

2

2

anthony wrote:
<quoted text>
That just shows your as stupid now as when you were younger
While your busy NOT using your brain, let me help you out here Mr. Brain Child: Its "You're".....not "Your".......STUPID!
anthony

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 24, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Oh wow!! Now you hurt my feelings
Freedom

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 24, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Drug testing encourages people to switch from harmless plants such as marijuana, to much stronger drugs such as LSD. The only test ever developed for LSD can only detect it after 3 hours from the time someone takes it. LSD can still be potent 12 hours after they take it! That means a person can take LSD, get a drug test 12 hours later, still be tripping out of their mind when they take the test and still pass! A person who smokes marijuana can fail a test 30 days after they smoke it. Drug testing just encourages people to switch to harder drugs that tests can't detect. Drug testing does NOT work to stop people from using drugs, it only causes people to switch to stronger ones.

“Resident Husky”

Since: Aug 09

Ralphie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 24, 2012
 
I've heard there are other drugs, such as acid, that can't even be detected in a piss test.

However, I've also heard its a mind altering substance, and not just for the duration of a trip either.
little john

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 25, 2012
 
you all say it is your right, and i agree it is your right to do drugs.

what about the employers rights, as a busness owner do i not have the right to hire anyone i wish, there is a hospital near by that will not hire you if you use Tobacco produsts of any kind.

how about the states and cities that say you can't smoke in stores, again as a busness owner is it not my right to allow somkers in my store, if you are a nonsmoker you don't have to come to my store.

with all that said, smoking pot is still illegal, just like stealing and if you do either at my place of bussinss you are gone.
Judas

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 19, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

1

I can tell you that in the gaming industry,(casino employees) people are generally not drug tested. Coming to work high is never encouraged but they generally regard what you do in your free time as your business.

I have worked in back offices of 5 casinos,(over a year as a heroin addict, always a pot smoker)for 6 years and have never been tested.
Judas

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 19, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Post Script:

Oh My, from Sedalia, Montana is an ill informed chode.

Have you any evidence to show "the general lack of character that afflicts drug users"?

Can you back up anything you say? Do you have a mind of your own, or do you just repeat things you hear?

"Prohibition... goes beyond the bound of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded" -Abraham Lincoln

I believe Mr. Lincoln was ahead of his time and I agree with him wholeheartedly. Miss whatever from Montana clearly stands in opposition to "the very principals upon which our government was founded".

Here's a link for the alcohol-is-just-as-bad folks. In fact it's worse.

http://www.bakadesuyo.com/what-is-the-most-ha...

Here's one statistic that shows you, Oh My, are in the minority on drug policy in America.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/150149/record-high...

Basically, people like "Oh My" need to grow up and seek out some facts for themselves, but they are lazy and stupid.

Are you okay with me calling you that Oh My? A good way to put me in my place would be to whip out some evidence of your own. Got any?
yeah yeah

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 19, 2012
 
Even the state of missouri doesn't drug test its workers.... is this a sign that politicians are drug addicts? Doubt it because if they were high on a regular basis then they wouldn't be such jerkoffs.
Frasocrass

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 21, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Cannibis Jones wrote:
I've recently moved to Springfield, Mo. from Mobile, Al. to be closer to my ailing parents. Does anybody here in Springfield have a list or knowledge of local jobs that DO NOT drug screen applicants? This information would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Would you rather have a job and a life, or use drugs? You have to choose. People who can't live life on life's terms are some sad individuals. It's a weakness to need artificial stimulation.
Born High

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 24, 2012
 
Please tell me what's artificially stimulating abt "Weed" and i will quit right now!!#%&*
Born High

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 24, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

By the way I never grow tired of stating this, "Weed" is a natural herb that grows from the earth, all other substances Are Man Made "Drugs" that are "Artificially Stimulating", if you ask me a lot of people including myself partake in things that artificially stimulates us everyday, people mess up and get fired everyday does this mean that they were all high?? Sounds like the people oppressing us just needs One More Scapegoat!!!!!!
giddygirl

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jul 24, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Born High wrote:
By the way I never grow tired of stating this, "Weed" is a natural herb that grows from the earth, all other substances Are Man Made "Drugs" that are "Artificially Stimulating", if you ask me a lot of people including myself partake in things that artificially stimulates us everyday, people mess up and get fired everyday does this mean that they were all high?? Sounds like the people oppressing us just needs One More Scapegoat!!!!!!
That is the stupidest argument I've ever heard

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Springfield Forum right now

Search the Springfield Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Jim 92,142
Three missing women at Cox South (Oct '06) 4 hr missourigal 8,024
Three Missing Women: 15 Years Later (Jun '07) 9 hr Ghost Hunter 291
The Springfield Three 1992 (Sep '13) 9 hr Chickenmannnnnnnnnn 2,319
Move to Amend free event in Springfield, MO 10 hr Scott Youngkin 28
MO Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Heal... (Aug '10) 14 hr dear guest 18,909
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) Fri guest 6,872
•••
•••
•••
Springfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Springfield Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Springfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••