First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sheila

Kansas City, KS

#1 Sep 12, 2011
Does enyone know abouut 417rentals. are theygood to rent from or stay away.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2 Sep 12, 2011
Their houses are junk and they really take their time with repairs. It took ten days for them to fix my furnace in the middle of winter. I pay for at least six months of rent at a time, but they keep sending people to collect money from me. Look them up on on the BBB website. There are some amazing complaints about them there. They actually rented a house to a lady that they had not closed on. The bank evicted her and threatened to take legal action against the renter. Sometimes you don't have a lot of choice when looking for a rental due to poor credit of financial constraints, but if you have any other options, STAY AWAY!
sheila

Mission, KS

#3 Sep 13, 2011
thank you . I will look somewhere else.
Wondering

United States

#4 Sep 13, 2011
How long, rastabobsled, you've lived in your current abode?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#5 Sep 14, 2011
I have recently upgraded to a non-slum lord rental. I rented from 417 long enough to warn anyone who asks. Maybe they can avoid the experience I had.
MemyselfandI

United States

#6 Sep 16, 2011
I think in a way they are worth the hassle. You really need to do your homework when looking at their houses tho before you chose. Some house are complete crap while others they are completely remodeling and are very nice. I like them because when I rent a house I want left the f alone. I used to have a landlord that would enter my house of a day to turn down the thermostat even though he didn't even pay the dam electric bill!
Nancy

Springfield, MO

#7 Jan 22, 2012
My friends and I found the perfect house to rent and it happens to be under 417 Rentals. We're college students and I've done my research on the 417 Rentals, but our problem is it's the best house we can find for how limited options we have (lack of jobs, etc). What do you suggest for first-time, college renters when it comes to 417 Rentals?
MemyselfandI

Springfield, MO

#8 Jan 22, 2012
417 does have some very crappy houses but the first response was right. If you have bad credit and really need a place ot stay they are great! Plus they aloow pets and don't descriminate. If you are going to go thru them you really need to do your homework on the house or you can be in a heap of chit! Do a good walk through and find anything that needs fixed BEFORE YOU HAND OVER THE MONEY! Once the money is handed over things go really slow. If your already renting from them and need somthing fixed you have to send in a request, email them and call. Really stay on them and it doesn't take that long to get somthing fixed. From what I can tell they do have their draw backs but the cheaper rent off sets it by quite a bit!
Mattie

Springfield, MO

#9 Jan 30, 2013
I rent from them now. They have never fixed anything without having their hand forced. The only way to get things fixed is to hire a pro and deduct it from your rent. They'll send out illegals who do a crappy job. All my windows and fuse box were even painted shut when I moved in. The carpet had not been seamed. Make sure to give them a COPY of your bill. Do NOT give them the original. They will take you to court the first time if you do. They claim to be broke but that isn't true. They are running other operations too. If you go to their website and look up their properties, they actually own NONE of them. The bank does. With all the properties they own, one would think they would pay off ONE of them. When he does go belly up, everyone renting from him will be homeless.
dont try

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Jan 30, 2013
Don't bother with the Jacques company. The worst slum lords I have ever dealt with. I have one bit of quick advice to add to the good advice above, before you rent check the age of the home and the utilities. The age of the home can make a tremendous difference due to energy efficient windows and doors; newer furnaces etc; and INSULATION. Big big deal in old homes, esp ones that were not properly insulated during a "remodel"
horrible

Springfield, MO

#11 Feb 26, 2013
I rented from 417 now known as Hollywood rentals. They tried to charge me a ton of money when I moved out for things wrong but they was wrong when I moved in...they never fixed anything.DON'T RENT FROM THEM THEY WILL SCREW
YOU.

Since: Mar 13

Springfield

#12 Mar 26, 2013
They are the reason two of my friends died. They had shatterproof glass installed in the upstairs of a very old, junk house and Superglued the windows shut. The house was set on fire and they were trapped inside. They're planning on suing. DON'T RENT FROM THEM!
Midtown Home Owner

Pierce City, MO

#14 Apr 16, 2013
Slum lords, with no regard for the neighbors who have to put up with what they put in these houses. I can't even open my windows, and have slept with a tv on for a year to not hear the dogs barking all night long at 1715 N national. And yes, the person who lives there has had police called on her and ticketed....
Jim

Jefferson City, MO

#15 Dec 11, 2013
Don't believe everything you read on the Internet. Most things are written by people with nothing better to do with there time than write spiteful things about honest businesspeople. They'd rather put people down who put in an honest day's work than work themselves!

I had the privilege of renting from 417 and would do so again. If you pay your bills on time and honor your lease agreement-you'll never have any problems from them. Sneak in a bunch of hobos or fill the place with cats and dogs-you'll probably get evicted just like you would anywhere else.

If your a decent person looking for a decent place to rent at a good price-give them a call.
jody and john langstraat

Springfield, MO

#16 Jan 2, 2014
Yes they have alot of older run down homes. But it up to the individual to do your homework. He does fix everything. But it does take a couple of days. We have been here for three years. I have only been late one time. Yes they will send their working to come out and bother you. They only complaint I have is their office should be open. So we can go in and talk to a live person. I would recommend renting from them. You get what you pay for. So take your time.
Michelle Hudson

Springfield, MO

#17 Jan 8, 2014
I can honestly say when I rented from 417 rentals we never had any problems, we paid rent on time, things got fixed on time...In fact if we weren't home his workers came back later to work on what needed to be done. There is always a downside to any property you rent and then theres a good side...Up to you.
Joe

Little Rock, AR

#18 Jun 23, 2014
I BEG PEOPLE DO NOT RENT FROM HOLLY RENTALS 417 RENTALS OR CHRIS GATLEY WE FOUGHT COCK ROACHES AND BED BUGS ENTIRE YEAR THERE. ALSO CHRIS AND WORTHLESS OFFICE HELP WOULD NOT FILL OUT RENTAL REFUNDS FOR SEVERAL DOZEN OF US WHO WERE EXCELLENT RENTERS AND TENANTS!!! ISN'T THAT ILLEGAL?? IDK???
Joe

Little Rock, AR

#19 Jun 23, 2014
Jim wrote:
Don't believe everything you read on the Internet. Most things are written by people with nothing better to do with there time than write spiteful things about honest businesspeople. They'd rather put people down who put in an honest day's work than work themselves!
I had the privilege of renting from 417 and would do so again. If you pay your bills on time and honor your lease agreement-you'll never have any problems from them. Sneak in a bunch of hobos or fill the place with cats and dogs-you'll probably get evicted just like you would anywhere else.
If your a decent person looking for a decent place to rent at a good price-give them a call.
YOU GOT TO BE JOKING???ARE YOU FOR REAL???
Person

United States

#20 Jun 24, 2014
If you look them up through the Better Business Bureau, you'll see they received very low scores and a high amount of complaints that end in their lawyer advising them not to comment. They're scam artists I'm sure.
I bet Jim is GATLEY

Springfield, MO

#21 Jun 25, 2014
No one would brag about one of his shit hole houses like that. Gatley changes his company name as soon as he starts getting too many complaints. Saw one of his motels on the news about how it was a meth lab. 417 rentals, holly rentals, and he has another one he uses. He even rented a house he didn't own. He sucks!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Three missing women at Cox South (Oct '06) 26 min dale417 10,891
Springfield Police ( REPENT ) Wed Israel Powers 2
Satan And Springfield Apr 27 believe JESUS... 5
One God Not Three ( REPENT) Apr 27 believe JESUS... 5
Assembly Of God ( REPENT) Apr 27 believe JESUS... 1
News KY3 Rewind to 1983: Tornado devastates southern... (May '08) Apr 27 HeavenlyReza 4
The Springfield Three 1992 (Sep '13) Apr 27 ArkyEmbalmer 21,582
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springfield Mortgages