Another Big Business making poverty.

Posted in the Springfield Forum

Since: Sep 12

Springfield, MO

#1 Oct 26, 2012

Springfield, MO

#2 Oct 26, 2012
I do not work or have never worked for this company. But I have family that do and most if not all of this documentary is true.

Since: Jul 10

United States

#3 Oct 27, 2012
Gonna need cliff notes....do not have 2 hours to waste watching nonsense. The few minutes I could tolerate seemed to boil down to the following:

Big company makes lots of money, structures a work environment that controls work product and employee behavior, and employees are supposedly not happy with their piece of the pie. Did I miss anything?
Jim

Mayo, FL

#4 Oct 27, 2012
Thanks for the link.

Springfield, MO

#5 Oct 28, 2012
Cometland wrote:
Gonna need cliff notes....do not have 2 hours to waste watching nonsense. The few minutes I could tolerate seemed to boil down to the following:
Big company makes lots of money, structures a work environment that controls work product and employee behavior, and employees are supposedly not happy with their piece of the pie. Did I miss anything?
Yes but its okay. If you feel minimum wage is where it should be, or firing someone due to medical reasons, even lying about your "work structure" to get people in your training classes. And so on....Then the nonsense I posted is not for you. You may move along so we don't waste anymore of your time.
SuZ

United States

#6 Oct 28, 2012
OALA-EGO wrote:
<quoted text>Yes but its okay. If you feel minimum wage is where it should be, or firing someone due to medical reasons, even lying about your "work structure" to get people in your training classes. And so on....Then the nonsense I posted is not for you. You may move along so we don't waste anymore of your time.
Are they holding people as slaves and forcing them to work there???
SuZ

Springfield, MO

#7 Oct 28, 2012
Dude are you just sitting around waiting for me to sign on so you can post with the same name now or what ??
This behavior is getting more and more freaky.

United States

#8 Oct 28, 2012
Involuntary servitude ended in this country 150 years ago. No one is forced to work for anyone else.

If people don't like the policies of a company, they can choose not to work for them and/or refuse to purchase their products and services. It's a simple as that.

Springfield, MO

#9 Oct 28, 2012
True it is a choice but looking at it another way.. All of these people left and wanted to speak out. This could be valuable to someone that is currently looking for work and give them a heads up of what could be possible. Think of it as a background check only its on the business your applying for.
Opinions
Are
Assholes
-
Everyones
Got
One.
Ted

New Port Richey, FL

#10 Oct 30, 2012
I worked at the Springfield call center for six months. I hated every minute of it.

I hope and pray that places either unionizes or shuts down. The sooner it happens the better!

United States

#11 Oct 30, 2012
Ted wrote:
I worked at the Springfield call center for six months. I hated every minute of it.

I hope and pray that places either unionizes or shuts down. The sooner it happens the better!
Maybe both. Going union is a great way to shut down a business.

You guys are good for a laugh. What's all this nonsense crying about that they don't pay enough, benefits are bad, working conditions don't give you the warm fuzzies? IT'S A CALL CENTER!! It shouldn't be a career move to work there. Their business model is centered around low pay, low skill, high turnover. If they paid you 20 bucks an hour with good benefits, the companies that outsource to them couldn't afford the service and would just maintain their own call centers.

If you think a company sucks, don't work there. It seems like simple concept, but when you ask these people why they work there you get a pretty standard reply. "It's the only job I could get / was qualified for". And who is to blame for your lot in life, again?
Ted

New Port Richey, FL

#12 Nov 19, 2012
I'd like to see Tuchman and his cronies do some day labor!

Euless, TX

#13 Nov 19, 2012
Ted wrote:
I'd like to see Tuchman and his cronies do some day labor!
Why? That's a ridiculous statement. He doesn't need to worry about such nonsense, because he has made decisions in his career that have elevated him to such a place as to not do that type of work. What a world you live in, to assume that if somebody else is successful it must have come at the expense of someone else's well-being.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Springfield Three 1992 (Sep '13) 4 hr TonyHOldMontereyM... 19,312
News Well-known Nixa Doctor dies on vacation (Mar '09) Wed Leandra 4
The Venues Tue Curious 1
Jeannie Johnson Jul 28 Curious 1
Jeannie Johnson Jul 28 Curious 1
Sheriff Jul 27 Observer 7
holly rentals or 417 rentals or chris gatley (Jun '14) Jul 26 417sucks 38
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springfield Mortgages