First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Yanni Grosdidier

Neosho, MO

#21 Jul 6, 2012
Don't eat at Ziggie's, every time I've been roped into going (twice), the water has tasted strongly of bleach

“http://obbop.wor dpress.com/”

Since: Oct 08

Fight the feds for freedom

#22 Jul 7, 2012
Most of the several decades of my life was spent in other states though I have done a LOT of traveling and interacted with folks in 46 of the 48 contiguous states.

I hereby declare that I have encountered more sheer ignorance and idiocy among the citizenry of the Springfield area than in any other locale.

Of course the locals will bemoan my declaration and this is indicative of the ample ignorance embedded in the populace.

I do long for the day when I can depart this cultural backwater and the large number of trashy backwards imbeciles infesting this area.

Commence lambasting ye brainwashed knee-jerk rhetoric-spewing buffoons.
SuZ

Springfield, MO

#23 Jul 7, 2012
Dont know ... but I had a Ruben a few weeks back that rocked . Dont know why anyone would use Thousand Island dressing instead of brown mustard but they put that on the side so I cant complain. Onion Rings were really good also and I'm typically not one to eat any type of onion. When I go out to eat I dont drink water .... so that one I dont know.
SuZ

Springfield, MO

#24 Jul 7, 2012
Obbop wrote:
Most of the several decades of my life was spent in other states though I have done a LOT of traveling and interacted with folks in 46 of the 48 contiguous states.
I hereby declare that I have encountered more sheer ignorance and idiocy among the citizenry of the Springfield area than in any other locale.
Of course the locals will bemoan my declaration and this is indicative of the ample ignorance embedded in the populace.
I do long for the day when I can depart this cultural backwater and the large number of trashy backwards imbeciles infesting this area.
Put the thesaurus away and get real. You usually have a point to make and for the most part its on track ... but this talking down all the time is just rude . Find a different site - its that simple.

“Resident Husky”

Since: Aug 09

Ralphie

#25 Jul 7, 2012
Obbop wrote:
*Yawns*
SuZ

Springfield, MO

#26 Jul 7, 2012
Punnchy wrote:
<quoted text>
*Yawns*
Glad it wasnt just me ... act almost British
SuZ

Springfield, MO

#27 Jul 7, 2012
SuZ wrote:
Dont know ... but I had a Ruben a few weeks back that rocked . Dont know why anyone would use Thousand Island dressing instead of brown mustard but they put that on the side so I cant complain. Onion Rings were really good also and I'm typically not one to eat any type of onion. When I go out to eat I dont drink water .... so that one I dont know.
I dont like cheese on it either and its better if you use real butter when browning it. Thousand Island .. yuck

#28 Jul 8, 2012
SuZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Put the thesaurus away and get real. You usually have a point to make and for the most part its on track ... but this talking down all the time is just rude . Find a different site - its that simple.
Meh.

#29 Jul 8, 2012
Remember, folks, entering SE Missouri for the first time; to communicate with the majority of ill-educated locals you will have to reduce your written and vocal outputs to around an 8th-grade level.

Sad but true.

“Resident Husky”

Ralphie

#30 Jul 8, 2012
Can't tell if Obbop's trolling or just being a bigot.....

#31 Jul 8, 2012
"bigot".

A term I see often.

A typical knee-jerk rhetoric-type word used by those who have been successfully indoctrinated into the cult of political correctness.

But, since this is the opinion of a Disgruntled Old Coot my opinion is as worthless as any other.

“Resident Husky”

Ralphie

#32 Jul 8, 2012
Thankfully your allowed to be an Old Coot as long as ya dont discriminate, hate, slander, or generally go about having a bad mouth in public. Society lets these types of people roam free even at their old age till they cross these bounds. Past that you`ll be finding yourself in a group or retirement home.

#33 Jul 9, 2012
"...as long as ya dont discriminate, hate, slander, or generally go about having a bad mouth in public. "

My experiences have taught me that your declarative statement is best interpreted as "Do not disagree with me."

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#34 Jul 9, 2012
For a good Mexican restaurant, definitely El Charro!
We love it!

Price Cutters is a good food store chain, but I recommend Hyvee.
There are Michael's stores for Arts and crafts, and for fun things to do, there aren't many.
There are bars, a few nightclubs, but Springfield doesn't have very much in the way of entertainment.
The streets, for the most part though, are very safe to walk on.
Hope you enjoy it.

“Resident Husky”

Ralphie

#35 Jul 9, 2012
Obbop wrote:
"...as long as ya dont discriminate, hate, slander, or generally go about having a bad mouth in public. "
My experiences have taught me that your declarative statement is best interpreted as "Do not disagree with me."
Naw, anyone's allowed to disagree, but it's better if they do it with tact.
PuppyTeeth

Springfield, MO

#36 Jul 11, 2012
Newbie wrote:
My husband and I are moving to Springfield really soon. We're unfamiliar with the area and would love some tips from locals. Feel free to answer as many or as few as you'd like. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
1. Which veterinarian would you recommend?
2. Good restaurants?(Especially non-chain restaurants)
3. Grocery store suggestions, especially for a good selection, specials, etc.
4. Good bowling alley?
5. Good place to buy homemade foods/crafts/both?
6. Good place to buy cheap or used furniture?
7. Fun things to do?
8. Good place to buy used items like a vintage store or flea market (not a junk store)
9. Anything else you'd like to suggest for us to visit/check out would be appreciated!
Thank you!!!
Hi there! My wife and I moved to Springfield about 3 months ago so I might not have the experience of long time residents here, but here are my opinions.

1. We don't have a veterinarian yet.
2. Restaurants:
a) American-Cheddars, Lamberts (in Ozark), Cedars
b) Italian-Bambinos
c) Mexican-Tortillerias Perches
d) Japanese-Ohana
e) Chinese-Hibachi Supreme buffet
3. Best grocery store in Springfield for selection and for being nice is the Hy-Vee on the corner of Battlefield and Kansas Expressway. I go there sometimes, but in all truth, I'm cheap and usually shop at the Aldis near my house.
4. I've only been to Battlefield Lanes and Sunshine Lanes. I prefer Battlefield Lanes but have also heard nice things about Enterprise Lanes.
5. Cheap Furniture-There is a place on the corner of Sunshine and Fremont called "Twice as Nice" (I think) that has good, inexpensive furniture.
6. Fun things to do outside of the tourist stuff (like Bass Pro for example)is to go to the local parks which are pretty nice. My favorite is Nathaniel Greene park but I also like Sequiota as well.
7. Not too familar with antique stores but there is a big one just west of Kansas Expressway on Battlefield and also a couple on Glenstone.

Springfield, MO

#37 Jul 12, 2012
PuppyTeeth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi there! My wife and I moved to Springfield about 3 months ago so I might not have the experience of long time residents here, but here are my opinions.
1. We don't have a veterinarian yet.
2. Restaurants:
a) American-Cheddars, Lamberts (in Ozark), Cedars
b) Italian-Bambinos
c) Mexican-Tortillerias Perches
d) Japanese-Ohana
e) Chinese-Hibachi Supreme buffet
3. Best grocery store in Springfield for selection and for being nice is the Hy-Vee on the corner of Battlefield and Kansas Expressway. I go there sometimes, but in all truth, I'm cheap and usually shop at the Aldis near my house.
4. I've only been to Battlefield Lanes and Sunshine Lanes. I prefer Battlefield Lanes but have also heard nice things about Enterprise Lanes.
5. Cheap Furniture-There is a place on the corner of Sunshine and Fremont called "Twice as Nice" (I think) that has good, inexpensive furniture.
6. Fun things to do outside of the tourist stuff (like Bass Pro for example)is to go to the local parks which are pretty nice. My favorite is Nathaniel Greene park but I also like Sequiota as well.
7. Not too familar with antique stores but there is a big one just west of Kansas Expressway on Battlefield and also a couple on Glenstone.
Thank you! Awesome suggestions!!:)

Springfield, MO

#38 Jul 12, 2012
SuZ wrote:
Assume its smoking in public business ban. You know the same law that was put in place by every other larger cities years, if not decades ago - but hey you can still live in town and own a chicken lol(depending on the amount of land you have). To be honest the entire neighborhood had fun with the one that was running around last summer. Like the Turkey out in Galloway. Bold as you please walk up and peck my car.
I love the smoking ban. I've longed for a day I could go out to eat or go bowling and not feel sick afterward.and have to wash my clothes and take a shower immediately after getting home. I'm all for freedoms, but not when they infringe on others. I prefer to breathe clean air. I'm allergic, so when I am around it, my throat gets scratchy, my contacts stick to my eyeballs, and my nose gets stuffy. If you ask me, it's no different than walking around and spraying poison in people's faces, yet that would have been punishable by law for years.

It makes no sense to me that smokers think that it's an infringement on their rights to limit smoking in public. It's been an infringement on everyone else's rights all along. I support the efforts of the Americans for Non-Smokers Rights, as I believe we all have the basic fundamental right to not have our public air poisoned. Do it at home if you wish, and I'll support your right to do that, but not around people who don't choose to breathe cancerous air.
Lyla Burns

Bountiful, UT

#39 Aug 27, 2012
Good luck with your move, if you need any piano movers then I can tell you where to go. It sounds like people have already suggested some great places for you to go. I hope you enjoy your new home! http://www.braymore.ca

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Springfield Three 1992 (Sep '13) 27 min Monkeyman 13,131
Oriental building on National and Kearney befor... 15 hr oldtimer 1
Recent Tattoo Shop Break-In's Thu Corazon 3
Youngblood's Automotive Thu Tired-of-it 2
Teamsters Local 245 (Mar '11) Jan 29 Martin 16
1400 North Side Gang Jan 29 Tired-of-it 5
Three missing women at Cox South (Oct '06) Jan 28 Rusty 9,088
Springfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Springfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:06 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:06AM
Ranking Re-Sign Priorities for Chiefs
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 5:32 AM
Eric Berry "in good spirits" during visit from Chiefs brass
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?