Leap from burning hot air balloon kil...

Leap from burning hot air balloon kills man from Mountain Grove

There are 47 comments on the KYTV Springfield story from Aug 18, 2008, titled Leap from burning hot air balloon kills man from Mountain Grove. In it, KYTV Springfield reports that:

One man died and another was taken to a hospital in Springfield after a hot air balloon accident early Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KYTV Springfield.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
lost

San Antonio, TX

#1 Oct 4, 2008
what a tragic accident to such a good man. it was such a shock to have lost bill in this way. You just never know when you might not get to see a loved one again. The loss of Bill has been so hard on everyone. I know his wife Leslie and she has had a hard time with his death. we all need to keep his family in our prayers.
mom2many

Plattsburg, MO

#2 Jan 6, 2009
I know of Leslie too & if it's not about getting or dealing drugs....she doesn't give a @@@@! She ruins good people & the only other thing she "might" be having a hard time with is finding her next victim!
Mtngrovian

Federal Way, WA

#3 Jan 7, 2009
mom2many wrote:
I know of Leslie too & if it's not about getting or dealing drugs....she doesn't give a @@@@! She ruins good people & the only other thing she "might" be having a hard time with is finding her next victim!
Good for you for speaking the truth about Leslie!!
Also from mtn grove

Lees Summit, MO

#4 Jan 15, 2009
mom2many wrote:
You had ought to be ashamed of yourselves. Bill and leslie had their troubles but leslie loved bill very much and lets not forget here "BILL" loved leslie very much and ive seen first hand the way his so called friends in mountain grove have acted. Bill would so ashamed of the way they have treated his wife during his passing. He wouldnt have allowed this when he was alive, so why now is it okay to act in this way! She is Bill's wife and should be treated with respect!! And as for the comments! This isnt the place for personal attacks on his widow. You must not have know Bill very well or you wouldnt have said such spitefull things!!!!!!
From the Grove

El Dorado Springs, MO

#5 Jan 15, 2009
Also from mtn grove wrote:
<quoted text>
You had ought to be ashamed of yourselves. Bill and leslie had their troubles but leslie loved bill very much and lets not forget here "BILL" loved leslie very much and ive seen first hand the way his so called friends in mountain grove have acted. Bill would so ashamed of the way they have treated his wife during his passing. He wouldnt have allowed this when he was alive, so why now is it okay to act in this way! She is Bill's wife and should be treated with respect!! And as for the comments! This isnt the place for personal attacks on his widow. You must not have know Bill very well or you wouldnt have said such spitefull things!!!!!!
I don't know Leslie at all but I did know Bill from back when he was married to Mary and I agree he'd never allow this at all.
Panther

San Jose, CA

#6 Jan 15, 2009
Bill and leslie were and still are the bigest Meth dillers in the area. She is killing our kids slowly by selling these drugs!!!!!!!!!!
whatwouldyouknow

El Dorado Springs, MO

#7 Jan 17, 2009
Its funny how behind this shield you can say things as if they was true! "PANTHER AVA, MO"!!!!
Just more of the cheap shots at his widow and now at the late Mr. blair. And let me guess your a christian too. Your awful bold behind your cover here on this page, but you might take care of saying such things you could be held liable for?? This was about the balloon accident not about your cheap shots against "THE BLAIRS" It saddens me to the lenghts people in our community will go, to slander and hurt others. Everyone will pay for there own actions, including "you" that is if you believe in GOD!!!!
sarah barton

Lawson, MO

#8 Jan 18, 2009
bill is and was my uncle and for anyone to sit on this and talk shit on him is absoulty horrible. my uncle was a great man and we are still mourning his death and as for leslie it is also hard for her and unless u have been in her shoes you should not sit here and judge anyone !!!!
From the Grove

Collins, MO

#9 Jan 18, 2009
sarah barton wrote:
bill is and was my uncle and for anyone to sit on this and talk shit on him is absoulty horrible. my uncle was a great man and we are still mourning his death and as for leslie it is also hard for her and unless u have been in her shoes you should not sit here and judge anyone !!!!
Like I said I knew your uncle back when he was married to Mary. I used to watch Rayna and Robert when they'd go out. I thought Bill was a wonderful and funny man. My heart goes out to you and your family and just remember that Bill isn't far from any of you as he'll forever be in your heart.
suprised

Cameron, MO

#10 Jan 19, 2009
for those of you who seem to enjoy the slander and vicious attacks on bill and leslie blair(expecially leslie blair)i feel sorry for. i assume your lives are awful miserable to have posted such things as if it was the truth.... its amazing being adults you are so quick to point fingers at these people. as of one of them being deceased! i dont think this was created to voice your slander and vicious words on leslie or bill blair. like alot others above have also said . you should find shame in your actions. i pray for you and hope some compassion be found upon you when you find yourself in a time of great sadness. i guess i wasnt aware that GOD was living in mountain grove missouri, being all the judgement that is being passed down by some of you wonderful people that feel you are to be so judgemental. the loss of your spouse is awful and friends and family should be there for support. i pray for his widow and family to find some peace in this time of grief...
Are You Sure

El Dorado Springs, MO

#11 Jan 21, 2009
Even if any of it was true (which that's not what I'm saying AT ALL) don't you think its coming at a bad time? Bill's kids could be on here and reading this crap you keep saying about his dad. And even if Bill is the "meth diller" that you say he is, his kids may be the next person to read your attacks. Think about what they are going through and now you want to add to their pain? Would tell his kids that no one should mourn Bill because he was a terrible person? God, I can only hope not. This is sad.
all over

Kahoka, MO

#12 Jan 22, 2009
Are You Sure wrote:
Even if any of it was true (which that's not what I'm saying AT ALL) don't you think its coming at a bad time? Bill's kids could be on here and reading this crap you keep saying about his dad. And even if Bill is the "meth diller" that you say he is, his kids may be the next person to read your attacks. Think about what they are going through and now you want to add to their pain? Would tell his kids that no one should mourn Bill because he was a terrible person? God, I can only hope not. This is sad.
if everyone would just keep from posting things that are just to be rumors! they need to understand how hurtfull there words can be to everyone who knew and loved Bill!
Local MG Gal

San Jose, CA

#13 Jan 22, 2009
Panther wrote:
Bill and leslie were and still are the bigest Meth dillers in the area. She is killing our kids slowly by selling these drugs!!!!!!!!!!
You know it is one thing to down Leslie, at least she can defend herself. I couldn't imagine saying that to anyone after the loss of a family member, but that is called having a HEART.
Second- how dare you down Bill... I could not imagine how you can actually lay your head on your pillow at night... How is HE suppose to defend himself??? I could not imagine being a family member and reading the things that are put on here... Let this mans soul rest and let his family be... I just hope and pray that the rest of his family don't read these things... sad that there is nothing else to talk about than horrible RUMORS about Bill... I have never met such a kinder man! He truly had a heart of gold and if you knew so much about him, you would know that! He would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it, he was just that type of person, always smiling, always laughing... we need more people like Bill in this world and less like you!
Are You Sure

El Dorado Springs, MO

#14 Jan 22, 2009
all over wrote:
<quoted text>
if everyone would just keep from posting things that are just to be rumors! they need to understand how hurtfull there words can be to everyone who knew and loved Bill!
Just to clarify!!! I wasn't saying that these rumors were true nor was I backing them.
ElectricalTape

Des Moines, IA

#15 Jan 23, 2009
I am from Springfield but was reading this out of curiosity. I am sickened that people would talk smack like this, with a family in mourning. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Obviously you aren't, but you have made fools of yourselves on here.
suprised

Lawson, MO

#16 Jan 24, 2009
Mtngrovian wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you for speaking the truth about Leslie!!
"YOU" AND "MOMMYTOOMANY" I THINK HAVE MADE ENOUGH OF YOUR HURTFULL REMARKS TO LAST EVERYONE ON HERE AWHILE. I HOPE YOULL FIND SOMEWHERE IN COLD HEART TO FIND COMPASSION FOR SOMEONE OTHER THAN YOURSELVES, AND YOUR NOT AS HEARTLESS AS YOU BOTH HAVE APPEARED ON HERE TO BE! AS FOR THE TRUTH, WELL I THINK YOUR BOTH LACKING!!!!! IM SURE LESLIE AND HIS CHILDREN ARE HAVING A HARD ENOUGH TIME DEALING WITH THE LOSS OF BILL. WE ALL GRIEVE IN DIFFERENT WAYS, AND MAY SHOW THERE HURT AS OTHERS. AND WITH ALL THESE "KIND WORDS" FLYING AROUND IM SURE ITS MAKING THERE LOSS SO MUCH HARDER. JUST ALWAYS REMEMBER SOMEDAY IT MAY BE YOU, AND IS THIS HOW YOU WOULD WANT TO BE TREATED! BESIDES WHO ARE WE TOO JUDGE, ANYONE....
whatwouldyouknow

El Dorado Springs, MO

#17 Jan 25, 2009
I find it funny how all of you that say all of these slanderus remarks do so behind bogas names so you cant be held liable for slander. If you fell so stroung about this lady and her husand than say what you have to say but use your real names and location.Then the truth will be known
toofunny

Cameron, MO

#18 Jan 26, 2009
whatwouldyouknow wrote:
I find it funny how all of you that say all of these slanderus remarks do so behind bogas names so you cant be held liable for slander. If you fell so stroung about this lady and her husand than say what you have to say but use your real names and location.Then the truth will be known
WHATS YOUR NAME? LOL
oh sure

El Dorado Springs, MO

#19 Jan 26, 2009
toofunny wrote:
<quoted text>
WHATS YOUR NAME? LOL
But she/he wasn't on here spreading rumors about a man who is no longer here to defend himself.
toofunny

Cameron, MO

#20 Jan 26, 2009
So..he/she is still saying people wont use their names when hs/she didnt have the guts to use theirs either.I have not said one word about the people but I just think its funny that anyone would get on a forum and gripe about people not using their names when they arent doing it. I dont use my name but I dont expect anyone else to either. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Three Missing Women Fresh Start (Dec '11) 9 hr Mary Quite Contrary 967
The Springfield Three 1992 (Sep '13) 21 hr Wow 27,992
JOHN peppercorn King of bootheel Sat Ricardo montobomb 1
3MW Mystery Sat Mary Quite Contrary 24
Pat Corman Reiser Aug 18 CASA 1
Assembly Of God and COPS ( REPENT) Aug 18 espionage 11
Ricky Dykes sr. (Mar '11) Aug 17 Tweety bird 28

Springfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance