Review: Cantrell's Patriot Homes

Posted in the Springfield Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Homeowner

Springfield, MO

#1 Oct 5, 2010
These people are the worst people I have ever had to work with. They are inconsiderate and build cheap houses. Do NOT buy from Cantrell, he is a worthless and selfish builder.
Tara

Springfield, MO

#2 Oct 5, 2010
These people are in fact HORRIBLE. NEVER buy a Cantrell home. He is a con artist who is making money on unsuspecting buyers. NEVER EVER use Cantrell homes for anything.
Bag of Bones

Branson, MO

#3 Oct 5, 2010
Perhaps you would like to furnish us with some particular grievences against this company?

Tell us the actual problems you had with them instead of just generalizations, and open-ended bytching.
Bodie

Sorrento, FL

#4 Oct 6, 2010
B oB yu are such a PR**K
Less than Proud Homeowner

United States

#5 Oct 20, 2010
OK, where to start with the grievances......the fact that everything falls apart, The drywall work (taping, mudding, texture) is all crap.....they try to hide it with all the texturing but you STILL see the junk work. They didn't even use drywall adhesive to hold them to the stud...about two screws per stud (wouldn't be a problem if they used adhesive, but they didn't) so they slap against the studs if any door is shut. The warping on the siding outside that STILL hasn't been fixed. The windows used, fall apart (tabs cracked away from frame, can't shut a window with out breaking them!!) Th appliances are the cheapest things money can buy! My fence isn't plumb and my gate will hardly close! My "indestructible" floor (so i was told that's what it was) couldn't handle a paper clip without causing some kind of damage. All the weather striping around windows and doors let wind AND dirt in (seriously, IT'S WEATHERLESS stripping!). My insulation IS CRAP!!!! I have a room that is 15 degrees warmer or colder than the rest of the house!!! The HVAC isn't properly vented and ratio the ratio of air to ducts are not equal! The insulation in my attic isn't even and is totally missing in some parts. So, i hope that is enough "grievences" spell it right!!!!!(grievances)for you all!!!
Bag of Bones

Branson, MO

#6 Oct 21, 2010
Certainly no way to know if they used drywall adhesive - unless you watched them build it.

But MOST intelligent home buyers would do a pre-purchase inspection (or have one done) BEFORE buying a home.

Cheap windows, cheap appliances, attic insulation installed wrong (or missing), a fence that isn't plumb - all things that should have been discovered before you signed any documents. You could have walked away and found a better home builder.

But it's a good list, thanks - now others can learn from your stupidity.
Bodie

Sorrento, FL

#7 Oct 21, 2010
Bag of Bones wrote:
Certainly no way to know if they used drywall adhesive - unless you watched them build it.
But MOST intelligent home buyers would do a pre-purchase inspection (or have one done) BEFORE buying a home.
Cheap windows, cheap appliances, attic insulation installed wrong (or missing), a fence that isn't plumb - all things that should have been discovered before you signed any documents. You could have walked away and found a better home builder.
But it's a good list, thanks - now others can learn from your stupidity.
you are stil a Pr**k
Bag of Bones

Branson, MO

#8 Oct 21, 2010
Bodie's car buying experience:

The windshield was cracked, the engine smoked, it had rust in the fenders, one tire was flat and it had used condoms under the passenger seat,

...but - it was in Bodie's budget, so she bought it.

Soon, she will post on Topix how terrible the dealer was and how she was ripped off.
Bag of Bones

Branson, MO

#9 Oct 21, 2010
QUOTE: "you are stil a Pr**k"

You spelled "Prince" wrong.
SGJ

Ozark, MO

#10 May 18, 2011
Homeowner wrote:
These people are the worst people I have ever had to work with. They are inconsiderate and build cheap houses. Do NOT buy from Cantrell, he is a worthless and selfish builder.
We're about ready to close on contracted home with Patriot Homes.
Seems as though the appraisal came up 50 feet short. Ryan is not going to make it right as of now. Did your issue deal with that possibly?
Mistyw

Ozark, MO

#11 May 18, 2011
Bodie wrote:
<quoted text>you are stil a Pr**k
Did you have any issues not getting what you thought you bought?
Upgrades, square footage, etc.
Mistyw

Ozark, MO

#12 May 18, 2011
Homeowner wrote:
Any issue not getting what you were promised, like upgrades, size you contracted for?
inspector

Ozark, MO

#13 Aug 4, 2011
adhesive is not required to install sheet rock. You get what you pay for a cheap house is cheap materials. you want quality jump to the $200,000 price range.
SuZ

Springfield, MO

#14 Aug 6, 2011
My trailer still has the wheels on it.
John

Springfield, MO

#15 Aug 7, 2011
Bag of Bones wrote:
Bodie's car buying experience:
The windshield was cracked, the engine smoked, it had rust in the fenders, one tire was flat and it had used condoms under the passenger seat,
...but - it was in Bodie's budget, so she bought it.
Soon, she will post on Topix how terrible the dealer was and how she was ripped off.
So you mean to tell me that it's OKAY for Cantrell's product to SUCK because it is cheap?? That's pathetic. And it's obvious you work for the company because anyone that has had to LIVE in one of your cheap as fu*k homes would know about these products. LITERALLY every person on my block has complains about you guys. It's pathetic.
BHJ

Springfield, MO

#16 Aug 7, 2011
These people use the cheapest supplies possible, but we were two recent graduates and newly-weds so we did what we could.
The drywall hardly can hold up paintings, let alone a towel rack.
EVERY door in the house creaks like it is 200 years old because they didn't level them, I would assume. Not sure why else doors on a 1-year-old house would crack like this.
The fence (that we paid 3000 to add) is just over a year old and is falling apart and warped, our neighbors had some planks fixed, wish we would have.
The yards NEVER grew on our entire block because of the white trash 'landscapers' they use didn't even water newly seeded lawns for over THREE weeks after they seeded! And they sure as hell didn't know how to operate a hydroseeder.
It took them building houses behind us for them to fes up and re-grade our whole block because it wasn't built to code and we had flooding after a tenth of an inch of rain!
If you are a construction worker, you should be PROUD of the product you put together, but you can just tell that Cantrell's Patriot Homes could not care LESS about your house.
Seriously, we could not have been MORE excited about buying our first house and having it built brand new, it's too bad it ended up this way.
BHJ

Springfield, MO

#17 Aug 7, 2011
Oh, and we could have had a lawsuit against the fencers that, after our re-grading project and putting the fence back, not only threw our lock away but also drove a nail-gun nail INTO our steps that lead to our back porch! It had never been there before they re-fenced and it still had the casing on the nail!

But Ken apologized a million times so we just dropped it.
DBB27

Springfield, MO

#18 Dec 5, 2012
I have lived in 2 of their homes, and watched them being built. the are junk. How they ever pass inspections is beyound me. I working in construction for 18 years, and have seen better dog houses. ALL the comments being made about the drywall are true. Not to mention the roof leaks and doors that dont fit right. As for Ken, thats a matter unto its self. Buyer and renters beware

Since: Jul 10

United States

#19 Dec 5, 2012
DBB27 wrote:
I have lived in 2 of their homes, and watched them being built. the are junk. How they ever pass inspections is beyound me. I working in construction for 18 years, and have seen better dog houses. ALL the comments being made about the drywall are true. Not to mention the roof leaks and doors that dont fit right. As for Ken, thats a matter unto its self. Buyer and renters beware
If it's that shitty, why did you buy / rent one a second time?
Mark Walker

Nixa, MO

#20 Feb 10, 2013
In tough economic times it's nice to have a home builder that works on my side. Cantrell's Patriot Homes was straight forward with every detail and dollar. Their team worked to get our home just right. We look forward to enjoying our quality home for many years to come.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Springfield Three 1992 (Sep '13) 25 min Rustys Brother 21,681
Three missing women at Cox South (Oct '06) 28 min IsAy 13,905
the x-spot! (Mar '14) 12 hr Matt 37
Sobuxone Thu Grace 1
Judge Holden (Apr '06) Aug 23 Billy long 26
News The pastor who could (Mar '08) Aug 20 Eldo 24
snitch (Aug '13) Aug 20 BBQ 60

Springfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance