Police: Synthetic drug a factor in te...

Police: Synthetic drug a factor in teen's death

There are 4 comments on the Springfield News-Leader story from Nov 20, 2012, titled Police: Synthetic drug a factor in teen's death. In it, Springfield News-Leader reports that:

Springfield police believe the influence of a synthetic drug caused a 19-year-old Glendale High School graduate to lay down in the middle of U.S. 65 just before he was fatally injured by a passing car.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Springfield News-Leader.

MrsTrish

Ozark, MO

#1 Nov 20, 2012
Congrats Prohibitionist. You insane and immoral policies indirectly led to this young man's death. The legal substances created by man are far, far worse than the drugs they are made to mimic,
sarah

United States

#2 Nov 20, 2012
MrsTrish wrote:
Congrats Prohibitionist. You insane and immoral policies indirectly led to this young man's death. The legal substances created by man are far, far worse than the drugs they are made to mimic,
Someone must have forced it upon him.
some people

Branson, MO

#3 Jan 8, 2014
sarah wrote:
<quoted text>Someone must have forced it upon him.
No. The war on drugs lays waste to thousands of peoples loves every day. No one forced drugs on him. He's 19 years old, he knows which end is up. And he knew what he was doing. These synthesized drugs that have broke out onto the scene over the last four years is incredibly abrasive and strange.

For a long time you couldn't even go to a club without hearings sniffs in the bathroom, or go to someone's loft and smell this disgusting odor that could only be compared to pickles or cat piss. I stopped going out. Eventually people did this shit so consistently it made everyone completely insane. I even had a friend who tried to kill herself with a screwdriver because she was so spun on "meow."

Years before "meow," made it's arrival there was a lot of Ex and Molly around, I can't say I was involved with all of it (sometimes a bit of it.) but the parties and clubs were a lot more fun before all that pissy smelling crap blew up on the scene. I've seen this shit destroy a lot of lives.

I will say this though, a lot of the people I know who had problems with meow eventually got over it and were able to move onto better things. It's not completely hopeless.
some people

Branson, MO

#4 Jan 8, 2014
It's just no surprise that this poor man got so twisted on this insanely harsh drug that he lost control. It is so sad to see this stuff actually happen. I bid him peace and rest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Three missing women at Cox South (Oct '06) 14 min Matt suchean 15,793
the x-spot! (Mar '14) 19 hr Now_What- 46
Larry Luna, a bad judge (Feb '15) 23 hr Kristen 24
Drury University women's basketball team (Mar '16) Dec 2 phantomscout 3
Lisha Masters: irrational and dangerous (Apr '12) Dec 1 Broken System 24
OCH Emergency Health Care Services (Nov '13) Nov 30 Holderfunb89 2
Katie Webb (Sep '15) Nov 30 Holderfunb89 12

Springfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance