Buddy's Auto Mall takes advantage of it's clients!

Posted in the Springfield Forum

memyselfandi

Springfield, MO

#1 Mar 25, 2011
Don't go there if something is wrong with your car. You'll take it in to see whats wrong with it (like a diagnostics check or compression test) and you will come out of there with all sorts of new parts on your car that weren't needed and unauthorized to do so, yet you can't get your car until you pay your bill. Everyone wants a new set of spark plugs put on their car with a blown head gasket LMAO! All it took was a simple compression test rather than new sensors and spark plugs. How the hell does spark plugs cost me $100? I am a woman that knows hardly nothing about cars and I can change spark plugs in a whole 15 minutes it does not take an hour and a half especially for a "so called" professional mechanic!
I paid a total of almost $300 just to have my car towed back home after they made my car worse than what it was in the first place! They had my car for 3 weeks and every day I would call it was "we're just now getting to it" WTH!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2 Mar 25, 2011
You got taken advantage of by a used car dealer?! Shocking! Seriously. Take you vehicle to a real mechanic. Stuarts auto on commercial does fine work and are fairly priced. Good people.
memyselfandi

Springfield, MO

#3 Mar 25, 2011
Used car dealer? I see no used cars for sale? It's a mechanic shop. Whats the difference between Stuart's and Buddys? They are both mechanics? I went to Buddy's because someone told me maximum performance was crap and told me to go to Buddy's. I guess it's a never ending circle of cheap chit mechanics looking to take advantage of you. I will have my husband fix the car. I should have in the first place but he was busy with something and thought I would fork out the cash well shit I REALLY forked out the cash in the end. I trust no mechanic I will have everything fixed at home from now on.

Location hidden

#4 Mar 25, 2011
From their website.
"-30 acres of domestic & foreign recycled parts
-New & used auto glass & body parts
-Towing & rental cars available
-Nationwide parts locator service
-Complete body shop & auto service center
-Buy here, pay here used cars
-Top dollar for wrecked & disabled cars"

Not only are they a buy-her-pay-here used car dealer, they are also a junkyard that specializes in used parts.
The difference between them and Stuarts is huge. They are certified professionals who I have trusted for 4 years now. When a repair is too much to do myself,I can count on them to do a quality job with quality parts. The key is having enough sense to tell the difference.
memyselfandi

Springfield, MO

#5 Mar 25, 2011
Okay that might be on their website but when you go out there it is obvious they have no used cars for sale. I think every mechanic can screw someone over easily it doesn't really matter on how much "sense" you have. It is just having enough "sense" to contact an attorney and then claims court afterwards. Stuart's garage might be wonderful and I am not saying he is not I am just saying all of the cockroaches can really screw you over and there is really nothing you can do about it except sue. I appreciate your concern though and glad you have had such a great experience but I think I will run the risk in my own home garage before I do this crap again.

Location hidden

#6 Mar 25, 2011
Doing your own repairs is really the best way to go. You know exactly what is done and do not have to pay for labor. Sooner or later though something will stump me and I have to bite the bullet and pay to have the repair done.
Dan

Ozark, MO

#7 Oct 19, 2011
I've been a certified mechanic for over 40 years. I have also ran my own shop-both mechanical and body. I bought a car from Buddy's for my daughter. They were the best I've ever experienced. Fair. Honest.
I've spoke with the owner personally and is very committed to honest deals throughout his opperation. When I bought this 2004 Rendevous,I had about 10 side deals (all verbal) they were going to do to the car. EVERY ONE WAS FULFILLED PERFECTLY.
These guys are as good as it gets. And yes I know what I'm talking about!
chris

Garden City, MO

#8 Oct 19, 2011
post somewhere else with your complaints,nothing on better buisness bureau,have some respect and take it up with them.dont know them but probably would use them ,sure wouldnt go by this website for places to go all anybody does on here is talk trash
MemyselfandI

Springfield, MO

#9 Oct 21, 2011
Oh so do you have your customers purchase platinum spark plugs and wires for a car with a blown engine?

Glad to hear about you "PURCHASING" a car from them. My problem was their shop. oh.......I don't really understand why you bring up your credentials in mechanical and body work as I didn't bring a car to your shop.

Don't have to take my word for it I just wish I had read the horrible reviews before I was suckered into having my car towed there and my car towed back.

I can see why you would think that charging someone for a sensor, oil change, plugs and wires right before you tell them their head gasket is blown is legitimate, you probably do buisness the same way. They saw a female come through the door and began running a train on me the minute my wheels hit their garage.
MemyselfandI

Springfield, MO

#10 Oct 21, 2011
Itsme 09/07/2010
These guys are Rude and unprofessional. I called looking for front-end suspension: A steering knuckle price and whole front-end suspension price, I was told it was there a week ago. First guy I talked to swore up and down that nobody had ever called about the parts and said they Didn't have any of it (He "talked to everyone in the office") He was rude and very coy; disrespectful. I had my friend call back 2 minutes later and they do have the part.

Well; I'm paying for it so I call back, since the First guy asked about ABS like it was important, just to Make sure this was the right part since 3 minutes prior..they didn't have Any of the parts and now they have them all.

So, They put me on the phone with Tom and get talked to like I'M an idiot because I don't know exact terms to parts (although he knew Exactly what I needed)... Newsflash; I'm a 25 year old Female just looking to buy the right parts. Another Newsflash; Having one douche working for your company is dangerous, having two smells like Out of Business. Clean your act up.. I'll look elsewhere in the meantime.
Was this review helpful? 00 Report Abuse | Subscribe to Itsme's reviews
Comment on Review

ynot 05/11/2010
dont let rick hook you, he is just about the biggest crook you will ever deal with . his prices are not what he will quote you , his parts are not what he says, his warranty may as well be non existant, good place to stay away from . trust me i learned the hard way.
Was this review helpful? 00 Report Abuse | Subscribe to ynot's reviews

annonomous 12/02/2007
wouldnt buy any parts there, they tell you one price and charge you another after you get there to pick up what you need, or theyll tell you they have it and dont but can order for an additional charge

by JJ Ljunggren 01/24/2011
I thought the service was generally good. I got what I asked for at the price that was quoted to me over the phone. The only criticism I have is they were not always clear when it came to when the repair would be complete. I did bring my vehicle in after a snow storm, which I know is a busy time for service shops.
Was this review helpful? 00 Report Abuse | Subscribe to JJ Ljunggren's reviews
Comment on Review

5 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months
Complaint Type Total Closed Complaints
Advertising / Sales Issues 1
Guarantee / Warranty Issues 1
Problems with Product / Service 3
Billing / Collection Issues 0
Delivery Issues 0
Total Closed Complaints 5

Need I say more?
GotScammed

Billings, MO

#11 Apr 1, 2013
Buddy's took advantage of my 18 year old daughter. She bought an $8,000 car and a month later it needed $2700 worth of transmission work! It kept dying. She got it back last week. It still has a dirty valve making it run rough. It's a 2005 Mariner (Escape). The owner if Buddy's was VERY rude to her, slamming his tractor door. They said they had it "checked out in their shop and it was fine." No way could it have been fine!!!! DON'T GO THERE EVER! Tell everyone!
mickey j

Columbia, MO

#12 Aug 14, 2013
i worked at buddys auto mall lol what a joke glad they let me go got maggs auto salvage yard

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Springfield Three 1992 (Sep '13) 11 min olddog 11,373
Three missing women at Cox South (Oct '06) 1 hr hornetforever 8,988
417 Northside (May '13) 17 hr Youknowwho 48
How do you pronounce Missouri (Nov '06) 17 hr Youknowwho 132
Springfield hero 17 hr Youknowwho 2
holly rentals or 417 rentals or chris gatley (Jun '14) Tue meme 27
the per on hi self marble snitch idiot Tue fact 1
Springfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web