Police: Requiring prescription for pseudoephedrine would help Springfield's meth problem

Nov 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Springfield News-Leader

A Springfield City Council committee will hear a presentation today from the police department's top drug cop.

Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Dec 4, 2012
Dr Alex

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

What a pain in the --- when you get a cold or alergies. Just run up healthcare cost, and make it harder on the good folks. LESS LAWS please. Why do these morons we elect just keep passing rule after rule. Just stop!
Taxpayer

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

I've got to agree with the above poster. Stop making more laws.. Good grief. I don't want to go to a doctor to get a prescription if me or my family is sick.
Bubba Leroy Artifus Jones

Clinton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

I say just quit making the drug all to gather, however I am sure the dopers could just subsitute something else. We don't need less laws, we need less drug infested people. All they do is take up space on the earth and breathe decent peoples air. The world would be a better place without them, it just takes nature too long to weed them out.

Since: Sep 12

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Bought some cold medicine at the grocery store and was asked for my ID. Fine no problem...But its a bit overboard when they tried to card my 14 year old standing next to me. Um that's my daughter and I'm the one with the credit card waiting to pay for my purchase. Dumbass!
SuZ

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Oh at one time my insurance stopped paying for the stuff even when my doctor was writing the scripts. So the Docs idea was to go get something from the pharm. What that lead to was adding it to allergy med my insurance would pay for. So I had to either take the 1 box of 24 hour (which I didnt always need 24 solid hours leading it to effect my sleep) or I was allowed to only get one box of the 6 hour (so when I needed it for a longer period on certain days my box ran out). Never was "real sure" when I was allowed to get another.
It also made me depend more on steriod nose spray and I hate steriods.
Did you hear about the guy that over turned the ambulance due to sneezing ... yeah, I'm that bad. People use to tease me about it until they saw just how serious it could be.
I have one stupid allergy to dye color used when making medicine.
So just because they require a doctors script doesnt mean most insurances will cover it anyway.
SuZ

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

I can use one type of soap (that isnt even a soap- I know weird) one kind of laundry detergent, Cant take generic pill, we've found out over the years that some companies use something from milk, which I am also allergic to, as an additive when making generic medications. I say leave us alone ... as life isnt hard enough as it is . *sniff sniff*
Sane

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Bubba? why should we suffer? Why not let the meth heads poison themselves? I agree they suck, but the rest of us have to put up with this nonsense. We already live in a police state. Why more bull?
Accountant

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

We do live in a town that is over policed already. We don't need anymore laws. Especially laws similar to this

Since: Sep 12

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

I believe I will just stop taking over the counter/prescription medicine and go with the natural fight of what ails me. I rarely take pills anyway unless its a aspirin.
http://www.teabenefits.com/
SuZ

Carthage, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Doubt the guy that flipped the ambulance on 65 hwy will be as supportive. Not everyone is effected to the same degree , by the same things, or for the same length of time.

Clinton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

SuZ wrote:
Doubt the guy that flipped the ambulance on 65 hwy will be as supportive. Not everyone is effected to the same degree , by the same things, or for the same length of time.
You know that is Bullshit the same as the rest of us. Nobody has ever flipped an ambulance from sneezing.

Clinton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

The only ones that benefit when a drug is made prescription is the Fat Cat Doctors who get an excessive Office Call to write the prescription, and the Drug Companies who rip people off on the price of the drug. I say just make the drug illegal to make in the first place than the dopers will have to find something else to substitute with killing themselves. Maybe they will find something that will work quicker, then the earth can be shed of them
IToldYouSo

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

OALA-EGO wrote:
I believe I will just stop taking over the counter/prescription medicine and go with the natural fight of what ails me. I rarely take pills anyway unless its a aspirin.
http://www.teabenefits.com/
You just nailed it! Although medications have their place in the treatment of illness, PREVENTIVE measures are by the cheapest method to treat sick people. If a person has high cholesterol due to their diet, change the diet and exercise would seem the most logical and cost effective way to treat the problem.

With the flat out epidemic of Methamphetamine abuse in this country one would thing requiring ID's would be least thing that could be done.
blah blah blah

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

IToldYouSo wrote:
<quoted text>
You just nailed it! Although medications have their place in the treatment of illness, PREVENTIVE measures are by the cheapest method to treat sick people. If a person has high cholesterol due to their diet, change the diet and exercise would seem the most logical and cost effective way to treat the problem.
With the flat out epidemic of Methamphetamine abuse in this country one would thing requiring ID's would be least thing that could be done.
There is an inherited type of high cholesterol that in time requires med. maintance regardless of diet. Its has more to do with the liver.
Take my word for it the ambulance flipped . I can only suggest you never( and I assure you - you will not ) be in a vech with me when going 70 mph and I start to hachoo hachoo hachoo hacoo hachoo hachoo hachoo .......... windows up, doesnt matter.
And as I said ... Ive had an entire life of Docs that have had to treat theses hachoos and have yet to find a preventive way to deal with it.. be it filters , showering as soon as I walk in the door blah blah blah
Trust me I dont like taking stupid allergy medication as it is .
IToldYouSo

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

blah blah blah wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an inherited type of high cholesterol that in time requires med. maintance regardless of diet. Its has more to do with the liver.
Take my word for it the ambulance flipped . I can only suggest you never( and I assure you - you will not ) be in a vech with me when going 70 mph and I start to hachoo hachoo hachoo hacoo hachoo hachoo hachoo .......... windows up, doesnt matter.
And as I said ... Ive had an entire life of Docs that have had to treat theses hachoos and have yet to find a preventive way to deal with it.. be it filters , showering as soon as I walk in the door blah blah blah
Trust me I dont like taking stupid allergy medication as it is .
You missed my point Blah, Blah, Blah regarding Cholesterol. My comment stated due to diet. I know several people with the same condition you have and they too are taking medication to control their Cholesterol levels.
Don't think I questioned an Ambulance flipping over due to someone sneezing. Anytime someone's is distracted while driving, the likely hood of an accident skyrockets. A sneeze will make a person blink, lose their breath and jerk their head about. A wreck can happen just that fast.
Best of luck to you with your medical condition.
blah blah blah

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

@Bubba -you dont make something illegal when its the only thing that makes it possible for some of us to function during certain times of the year. What do you want to bet the stuff on the streets all those junkies are now chasing doesnt even include my allergy medication anymore. Oh, dont you worry, the price is still sky high .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Springfield Forum right now

Search the Springfield Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The Springfield Three 1992 (Sep '13) 25 min Rusty 5,961
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 49 min The Anti Liberal 95,514
Springfield doesn't have a ghetto or dangerous ... (May '12) 52 min Person 75
Three missing women at Cox South (Oct '06) 2 hr Jen123 8,532
Should preachers run for political office ? 7 hr Lord Bacon 1
One religious belief needs to be wiped from the... 9 hr junkheap 9
MO August 3 Missouri Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) 11 hr vote to vote 10,207
•••
•••
•••
•••

Springfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Springfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••