Three Missing Women: 15 Years Later

Three Missing Women: 15 Years Later

There are 339 comments on the ozarksfirst.com story from Jun 7, 2007, titled Three Missing Women: 15 Years Later. In it, ozarksfirst.com reports that:

The story of the three missing women would soon gain nationwide attention. Springfield officers say it ranks as the most notorious case they've ever worked.
via OzarksFIRST.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ozarksfirst.com.

Richard

Pearcy, AR

#103 Jan 24, 2013
Roberto wrote:
<quoted text>
Three days....wow I'll bet you had a nervous breakdown...
Damned near did. I had to get my updates by telephone. Very frustrating. Finally on the news last night the Little Rock news report at 10 PM reported on this outage. I could only say "Now you tell us." It was so aggravating, I can't begin to tell you.
Richard

Pearcy, AR

#104 Jan 26, 2013
Charles Tuna, please call me. Richard
Richard

Pearcy, AR

#105 Jan 27, 2013
Well, I had hoped to see more action over on this site. If anyone wants to talk seriously about the 3MW case I would be happy to do so in a civilized, sane manner.

I'm still interested in the alleged peeper in Willard.
Truth Seeker

West Plains, MO

#106 Jan 28, 2013
Richard,why you would be interested in peeper activities. Was that what you did for fun in Southern Hills back in 1977? We had lots of reports of a peeper in that area back then.
Richard

Pearcy, AR

#107 Jan 28, 2013
Truth Seeker wrote:
Richard,why you would be interested in peeper activities. Was that what you did for fun in Southern Hills back in 1977? We had lots of reports of a peeper in that area back then.
Robert, I want to know if it was for one specific person that night in Willard. That would exclude a possible suspect.
Truth Seeker

West Plains, MO

#108 Jan 28, 2013
Richard, are you so paranoid that you call everyone who questions you Robert? I think you need meds
Richard

Pearcy, AR

#109 Jan 28, 2013
Truth Seeker wrote:
Richard, are you so paranoid that you call everyone who questions you Robert? I think you need meds
I only call you Robert.
Richard

Pearcy, AR

#110 Jan 28, 2013
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>
If I recall correctly, the daily report in the Springfield News-Leader had a list of criminal activity on page 2 of the newspaper. If I were there in Springfield I would go to the Springfield library and pull those newspapers and see if such activity actually took place. Alternatively I would look up the local police chief and ask him to check his records in Willard. He was always helpful to me.
I'm not sure if Willard had its own little newspaper; perhaps a weekly journal or something.
It must be nearly 20 miles from Willard to the Delmar address which would rule out him as being in the Levitt home. I believe we could identify the individual and eliminate him as a suspect, if in fact, the report was true.
I can now report that any "peeping tom" report in Willard on 6/7/92 did not occur.
Goatburger

Branson, MO

#111 Jan 29, 2013
Kathee wrote:
<quoted text>
Hoss, could you please contact me.
Kathee Baird
meyer_n [email protected]
My wife saw Jackie Johns talking to the people in the blue pickup
at the pizza place and quick stop at cc & 160. The morning after she talked to the Christian county sheriffs dept. that blue truck was in front of our house in Nixa. They took off down the road backwards when they saw us. That could have only have come from the sheriff's office.
IsAy

Spring Hill, TN

#112 Jan 30, 2013
@ Butch. Question - Did he blue pickup actually drive "backwards" or did they turned around and go back from whence they came?
Goatburger wrote:
<quoted text>
They took off down the road backwards when they saw us.
cant say

Nixa, MO

#113 Jan 30, 2013
jackies dead , and it upset my grandmother for years , they were friends , ......my grandmother was a school teacher and active , in political circles with , .hundreds of acres of land , and family ties to southern webster county and christian county for well over a hundred years , ..........grandma made a point of looking into jackies death , and made 100's of calls , talked to lots of people and was (sure ) even then that carnahan did it , ..........but jackie seen stuff she wasn't supposed to see
Goatburger

Branson, MO

#114 Jan 30, 2013
IsAy wrote:
@ Butch. Question - Did he blue pickup actually drive "backwards" or did they turned around and go back from whence they came?
<quoted text>
The driver put it in reverse and went back from whence they came.
IsAy

Chapel Hill, TN

#115 Jan 30, 2013
@ Butch. Appreciate the honest answer to a question. Very refreshing!
WonderIf

Lake Jackson, TX

#116 Feb 2, 2013
SuZ wrote:
And they probably smell better than my worn out snatch.
seriously? wtf?
Richard

Pearcy, AR

#117 Feb 6, 2013
In my opinion the case is now solved. The police have all the information they need. It is now up to them to do the remainder, arrest and jail the perpetrators, then for the jury to find them guilty and for the judge to exact the prescribed punishment.
just an observer

San Diego, CA

#118 Feb 6, 2013
Richard wrote:
In my opinion the case is now solved. The police have all the information they need. It is now up to them to do the remainder, arrest and jail the perpetrators, then for the jury to find them guilty and for the judge to exact the prescribed punishment.
Let's hope it moves along fast!
Richard

Pearcy, AR

#120 Feb 8, 2013
check in check out wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe they did, but it seems like there was something said in one of the forums pertaining to a window peeper in the neighborhood sometime prior to that night.
It may not be the same thing you are referencing but someone said there was such a report in Willard, outside Springfield. I checked with the authorities and there were no reports of any such incidents that night. If it happened in Springfield perhaps someone else can document whether it is valid or not. It is not inconceivable that it did happen and it is not inconceivable that one of the perps had such a history.

“Tired of the BS.”

Since: Feb 13

Hot Springs, Arkansas

#121 Feb 16, 2013
Info only. Now posting as "Richard -the real one." To many people trying to post as me. This should stop it.

“Tired of the BS.”

Since: Feb 13

Hot Springs, Arkansas

#122 Feb 25, 2013
Anyone catch last night's "I solved a murder?" This was incredible but true.

Essentially the evidence was found from the very beginning way back in 1984. The case went unsolved for 20 years (just like this case) and the prime suspect couldn't be convicted because of the missing piece linking him to the crime. Well, to make a long story short, the murdered college coed's roommate decided to tackle the problem head-on. In so doing she wound up being lied to and having to deal with the most incompetent cops on the planet if what she said is true. She placed no less than 700 phone calls which were ignored. Then we was told the evidence had been flooded and was no longer available. She kept checking and one day she reaches a rookie cop and he tells her the evidence is still in the evidence room.

She takes it upon herself to become a registered private eye in order to gain entry to the files. What does she find? The original DNA evidence but it was never tested that far back. Well it was checked out and she gets a call from the new detective who tells her "we got our man." She assumes it was the prime suspect. It was not. It turned out to be a serial rapist who had gotten into the coed's room, raped her and stabbed her 27 times. AND he was about to be let out on parole.

Morale of this story. You are only a safe as the number of rounds in your weapons. The cops are a mere 10 minutes away but by then you will be dead. And we wonder why this crime has gone unpunished. Wonder no more. These guys couldn't find their way to the outhouse. Disgusting.
Mote

Eureka Springs, AR

#123 Feb 25, 2013
Richard -the real one wrote:
Anyone catch last night's "I solved a murder?" This was incredible but true.
Essentially the evidence was found from the very beginning way back in 1984. The case went unsolved for 20 years (just like this case) and the prime suspect couldn't be convicted because of the missing piece linking him to the crime. Well, to make a long story short, the murdered college coed's roommate decided to tackle the problem head-on. In so doing she wound up being lied to and having to deal with the most incompetent cops on the planet if what she said is true. She placed no less than 700 phone calls which were ignored. Then we was told the evidence had been flooded and was no longer available. She kept checking and one day she reaches a rookie cop and he tells her the evidence is still in the evidence room.
She takes it upon herself to become a registered private eye in order to gain entry to the files. What does she find? The original DNA evidence but it was never tested that far back. Well it was checked out and she gets a call from the new detective who tells her "we got our man." She assumes it was the prime suspect. It was not. It turned out to be a serial rapist who had gotten into the coed's room, raped her and stabbed her 27 times. AND he was about to be let out on parole.
Morale of this story. You are only a safe as the number of rounds in your weapons. The cops are a mere 10 minutes away but by then you will be dead. And we wonder why this crime has gone unpunished. Wonder no more. These guys couldn't find their way to the outhouse. Disgusting.
Note to self: Don't ever go missing or turn up dead in that city.

Thank goodness for private investigators.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Springfield Three 1992 (Sep '13) 2 hr Janies Got A 28,524
Bad neighborhoods for home-buying? (Feb '12) 11 hr Jason Alexander 25
417 Northside (May '13) Nov 20 Wow 59
patricks family restaurant (May '15) Nov 20 support nixa busi... 5
donald trump Nov 19 mike 12
Sub Nov 19 Curious 1
steve bannon Nov 18 Ramsey Bolton 1

Springfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springfield Mortgages