Should I let my 12 yr old get her nip...

Should I let my 12 yr old get her nipples pierced?

Posted in the Springfield Forum

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
feedback needed

United States

#1 Oct 12, 2008
We both agreed after some arguing that she won't get a tattoo until she's at least 18. She wants me to compromise and let her get her nipples pierced. I don't like it, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as a tattoo. I'd like your opinions, and share them with her while we make our decision. Thanks!
Al Dente

Chesterfield, MO

#2 Oct 13, 2008
Who will she show them to?
Jared N

Ray, OH

#3 Oct 13, 2008
Wow. First, how is getting her nipples pierced better than a tattoe. Both are obvious bad choices for a 12 year old girl. Like the above posts says, who is she going to be showing the piercings to. It would be extremely disturbing to me if my 12 year old daughter wanted her nipples pierced because obviously she wants to show them to somebody. I would say the best choice would be to actual be a good parent and say no to both. She is 12 years old for crying out loud. Next I would find out why she wanted them in the first place. Obviously something is not right in your daughter's life and yours if you are going to "compromise" with your 12 year old daughter to get nipple piercings! Stand up to your daughter and just say no.

Since: Mar 08

United States

#5 Oct 14, 2008
I certainly hope it's a joke but with some of the parenting I witness, it may well not be...
SCB

Kansas City, MO

#6 Oct 14, 2008
This is a prime example of why our children are growing up too fast and not being able to enjoy being a child.
NO she shouldn't be allowed to do either until she is 18 and not living under your roof anymore.
feedback needed

United States

#8 Oct 14, 2008
Her father left us when she was three. I'm a single Mom with 2 kids that want to be adults. Sometimes I think I'm goin crazy. It's not thier fault. I blame her dad for leaving me to make these decisions and put up with chaos if I don't give in. I feel like I'm goin crazy, and just don't know what to do anymore. I've done the best I know how and I feel like I've failed in some way. It's either I give in or my life is a living hell.
lay the law down

Flagstaff, AZ

#9 Oct 14, 2008
Lay the law down now and the will thank you when they are 18. She is 12 she has no choices. Thats why you are the mother.

Since: Mar 08

United States

#10 Oct 15, 2008
feedback needed wrote:
It's either I give in or my life is a living hell.
In no way do I assume to judge your parenting skills or to believe I have any answers..All I can say is this concerning the above part of your post...

If you DO give in to a 12 year old, your life WILL become a living hell in the years to come..

The old saying is "You ain't seen nothing yet"..

I hope you find someone close who can offer a constructive way for you to become head of your household...God bless you and your child..

“One lucky girl!”

Since: Mar 07

Springfield, MO

#11 Oct 16, 2008
Uh, no! No way would I let my 12 year get her nipples pierced.
Mum with teenage girl

East Grinstead, UK

#12 Nov 8, 2008
No right minded tattoo artist etc in their right mind would do this. The simple solution is say NO and if she does get it done behind your back, you tell her you will ensure that the person who does it is charged by the police. She is a Minor under your control and anyone touching her nipples is guilty of child molestation, it's as simple as that. She could be taken from your home and placed in care if they think she's out of control.

Then there's the physical development side of this What if it gets infected?- that could cause real problems. Then there's the fact it could mean that when she has kids, if her breasts have been infected, she'll never be able to breast feed and even if she doesn't want to, she could have real pain when her milk comes in. It increases the chances of breast cancer later in life. She's 12 - she's going to be naturally beautiful. She doesn't need to use ink and metal to improve on that.
appears on your post

Belton, MO

#13 Nov 8, 2008
I would understand this question if it was about your daughters ears being pierced. But nipples, on a 12 y/o? Do your job that you signed up for when you spraed your legs. BE A PARENT
Traveler

United States

#14 Nov 8, 2008
Ma'am, I fear if you have to seek advice on this, the battle is already lost. You have got to decide for yourself whether you want to be a mother or a buddy. If you choose to be a buddy, don't stop at the piercings, give in to the tattos and let her become a billboard for nonsence. On the other hand, should you decide to be her mother, no excuses. Forget the Dad,(he didn't do his job), the question is are you willing to do yours? If so, then get after it. You are worried about her making your life hell? What is up with that? She should be the one who is worried of you turning her little pampered life into what I am sure she will consider abuse. If she is worth the effort, she will eventually see it was not abuse, but love. The choice is yours, for your daughter's sake, make the right one.
Mum with teenage girl

East Grinstead, UK

#15 Nov 9, 2008
You said the father's gone, what other support do you have? Any family that help you out, or good friends? I'm not seeing a woman who wants to be a buddy but a weary woman who'd had all the confidence and stuffing knocked out of her and your kid knows it. Are you seeking advice - or endorsement to show your girl that a 12yr-old having pierced breasts isn't normal, or acceptable? My ma always used to say -'the girls at work think'- when really it was her decision but she just wanted us to know that she had other people agreeing with her, gave her that extra bit of strength. If this is the case, seek help.
Hiezam

New Zealand

#16 Nov 9, 2008
no, shes too young
Hiezam

New Zealand

#17 Nov 9, 2008
no, shes too young
nbarker

AOL

#18 Nov 9, 2008
Who is the parent in the family. Why would you even have this discussion with a child? At 12 YO you should be debating what type of clothing she is wanting to buy. You really scare me, to think that this is even a subject of discussion. I fear that I will have yet another juvenile to deal with in the court system through rehab.
YouMustBeJoking

Suisun City, CA

#19 Nov 11, 2008
If this is true, and you are actually considering this, go online before you make a decision. Go online and look up photos of nipple piercings that have gone wrong. Scarring, disfiguration, plastic surgery, and just as the lady from the UK stated, problems breast feeding and even breast cancer.
Plus, you don't want to give a rebellious 12 year old the opportunity to expose a private part of her body.
KCMarketMama

Shawnee, KS

#20 Nov 12, 2008
feedback needed wrote:
Her father left us when she was three. I'm a single Mom with 2 kids that want to be adults. Sometimes I think I'm goin crazy. It's not thier fault. I blame her dad for leaving me to make these decisions and put up with chaos if I don't give in. I feel like I'm goin crazy, and just don't know what to do anymore. I've done the best I know how and I feel like I've failed in some way. It's either I give in or my life is a living hell.
Are you serious???!! I know it's hard raising kids. I know that teenage girls are impossible little monsters. But it is YOUR responsibility to be the adult. I don't care if she HATES you. You have to say no. She's 12. Besides, even with your consent I'm not sure any piercer worth going to will peirce the nipples of a 12 year old girl. If you can't stand up for yourself and your daughter, however perhaps you should compromise with a cartiledge peircing.

“I wanna funk yo junk.”

Since: Apr 08

L.A.

#21 Nov 13, 2008
Trolling the West Plains forums with the retard shit wasn't enough for you???
What a joke

New Bern, NC

#22 Nov 13, 2008
Where is the important news!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Springfield Three 1992 (Sep '13) 1 hr RIchard 28,771
How do you pronounce Missouri (Nov '06) 9 hr James 134
Where in Missouri should I live. 9 hr Newly Weds 1
Couples & Swingers (Nov '10) Thu ForRealTho 8
Three Missing Women Fresh Start (Dec '11) Dec 12 Janies Got A 983
Crossdressers in springfield want to talk (Mar '15) Dec 10 Holly Anna 40
tired of this Mo state it sucks (springfield) (Jan '13) Dec 9 firstblackladdieb... 31

Springfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springfield Mortgages