Three missing women at Cox South
SunHawk

Joplin, MO

#3775 Feb 5, 2013
Mote wrote:
<quoted text>Grand Imperial Wizard?
Sorry Firefeathers, you have me confused with someone else. First, I denounce the KKK. Second, I don't play dress up and wear bedsheets. Third, I'm not a racist.
MoonOwl, you're the one spreading manure here. While the men responsible for this crime are still at large and enjoying their lives, you're talking about parking garages and EVP's. I hope you understand my frustration. This parking garage talk is a giant distraction.
As for my teeth, I do brush. I've only had one cavity my entire life. I also don't drink soda. That stuff can eat the tarnish off a penny, so just imagine what it does to your teeth.
MoteGoat...The men responsible for this crime are free and enjoying their lives? He is in Cell #7 and it's a long way from heaven.....Watch your step. Don't fall into your big rediculous mouth! Don't forget to floss!
SunHawk

Joplin, MO

#3776 Feb 5, 2013
Indigo wrote:
<quoted text>
I was looking at a Springfield Newsleader article from 2004 (10-Yr Anniversery)and the following excert from it stood out to me. Thought I'd share it:
Springfield Newsleader 2004
"One lead that surfaced two weeks into the investigation is keeping detectives busy today - Robert Craig Cox. Though family members of the three women say authorities have a list of 10 people they haven't ruled out, Cox jumps to the top."
It was the list of (10-People) that Law Enforcement hasn't been able to rule out. Not the fact that they're talking about Robert Cox in the article as well.
10-People in 2004 of which Law Enforcement still were not able to rule out as suspects.
Who does anyone think these 10-People may represent?
If you add up all the "Usual Suspects" that we've all talked about. From the people who last saw them, to the people involved in the Grave Robbing, to the Brother, to the Robert Cox, to Steve Garrison, to Carnahan, to the GJ3 (Actually 2, if you take Garrison out of the pool), that makes about 10-people.
It just makes me wonder who they were talking about.
10-years and 10-still possible suspects left on the table says something to me. It says that they possibly didn't rule out some of the people that have been claimed to have been ruled out!
It also unfortunately may mean that they really don't know what happened that night. 10-people is a lot of potental suspects to still have on the table 10-years later. Especially with all of the people (Usual Suspects) who its been claimed over the years were cleared by Law Enforcement.
Just something to think about! Definately makes you wonder!!
It appears that back when they dissapeared that Gerald Carnahan was never interviewed by the SPD. That would certainly be an interesting venture to complete.
SunHawk

Joplin, MO

#3777 Feb 5, 2013
Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>. Simply put, you are completely full of shit. That post proves it. Fraud, lunatic, whatever. Full of shit.
Extravagantly put, you have been dining in the cow pasture. Get your negative energy down here and we will prove you wrong! Brush your teeth before you arrive!
SunHawk

Joplin, MO

#3778 Feb 5, 2013
Indigo wrote:
<quoted text>
I was looking at a Springfield Newsleader article from 2004 (10-Yr Anniversery)and the following excert from it stood out to me. Thought I'd share it:
Springfield Newsleader 2004
"One lead that surfaced two weeks into the investigation is keeping detectives busy today - Robert Craig Cox. Though family members of the three women say authorities have a list of 10 people they haven't ruled out, Cox jumps to the top."
It was the list of (10-People) that Law Enforcement hasn't been able to rule out. Not the fact that they're talking about Robert Cox in the article as well.
10-People in 2004 of which Law Enforcement still were not able to rule out as suspects.
Who does anyone think these 10-People may represent?
If you add up all the "Usual Suspects" that we've all talked about. From the people who last saw them, to the people involved in the Grave Robbing, to the Brother, to the Robert Cox, to Steve Garrison, to Carnahan, to the GJ3 (Actually 2, if you take Garrison out of the pool), that makes about 10-people.
It just makes me wonder who they were talking about.
10-years and 10-still possible suspects left on the table says something to me. It says that they possibly didn't rule out some of the people that have been claimed to have been ruled out!
It also unfortunately may mean that they really don't know what happened that night. 10-people is a lot of potental suspects to still have on the table 10-years later. Especially with all of the people (Usual Suspects) who its been claimed over the years were cleared by Law Enforcement.
Just something to think about! Definately makes you wonder!!
Thank you for this interesting post. When the 3 women dissapeared, it would have been quite interesting if the SPD would have interviewed Gerald Carnahan. We feel strongly that if he was asked to take a polygraph test, that he would have declined.
IsAy

Spring Hill, TN

#3779 Feb 5, 2013
@ SunHawk. Thought I'd use the dowsing rods over a known grave first so maybe I could practice what you're preaching. While the rods didn't necessarily go any precise direction, but would cross at times I came away displeased with my results. I sat the recorder down and waited 30-minutes away from the site as I didn't want to disturb the sounds coming forth. I was saddened when I played back the recording as all I'm hearing is the sounds of the wind and possibly background noises of undetermined origin. Recommendations/suggestions would be most helpful. Please extend my respects to your fine camera girl "J" (maybe I need a beautiful camera girl for assistance).

@ Discussion. Does anyone know when the major case squad was formed to investigate the crime and what agencies were initially involved. What other agencies were brought in after this?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#3780 Feb 5, 2013
SunHawk wrote:
<quoted text>No reason for you to run for President. You're already the Grand Imperial Wizard! Get off that manure spreader, change your diet, and discover!
With all respect, please stop polluting this thread with your many comments that are so repetitive in nature. Everyone wants this case to get solved but the bickering back and forth is not going to do it.
Dog Man

West Columbia, SC

#3781 Feb 5, 2013
The paranormal stuff is real interesting and a lot of people are real fascinated with it and there's TV and movies about it and it's all in the pop culture.
I have suggested that another thread be started for just that sort of discussion. Where everybody there WANTS to talk about it pro or con. Because if everybody isn't into it or wanting to talk about it you are just setting yourself up for abuse despite your good intentions. We catch hell for the GPR and it's the real deal.
dale417

Ottawa, IL

#3782 Feb 5, 2013
just an observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Richard! I am writing a small piece on this case. Just wanted some reference material.
JAOBSERVER, as you are looking for source material and are close to Springfield to obtain these references, I suggest the MSU Meyer Library. It is a repository for government, UN and other official documents and contains microfiche/microfilm copies of the Springfield News-Leader and others from the time period. It was located in the basement of the library when I utilized it; might be elsewhere now. You could possibly find it on-line through the MSU Meyer Library site.
dale417

Ottawa, IL

#3783 Feb 5, 2013
Here is a link that might help: library.missouristate.edu/meyer/reference . You will probably have to type it in, as I'm not sure of the copy/paste functionality.
dale417

Ottawa, IL

#3784 Feb 5, 2013
At the bottom of the site is Springfield Newspaper index. Click it and it will transfer to a page where you can search the local paper and it is open to the public.
just an observer

Ozark, MO

#3785 Feb 5, 2013
dale417 wrote:
Here is a link that might help: library.missouristate.edu/meyer/reference . You will probably have to type it in, as I'm not sure of the copy/paste functionality.
Thank you so much. The link is working and functional and this is a very good suggestion. I may be spending a little time there.
Richard

Pearcy, AR

#3786 Feb 5, 2013
just an observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you so much. The link is working and functional and this is a very good suggestion. I may be spending a little time there.
Ok, I'm stoopid. How do I get to the newspaper articles? The link works fine but I'm not seeing the newspaper sub link. What am I missing?
just an observer

Ozark, MO

#3787 Feb 5, 2013
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I'm stoopid. How do I get to the newspaper articles? The link works fine but I'm not seeing the newspaper sub link. What am I missing?
I think it's just an index for what they have on file. You might have to go there or be a student to get in there. I will try my old university library (not around here) to see what I can access, but plan to visit their library if not.
NOMOREBS

Ozark, MO

#3788 Feb 5, 2013
JAO, you and Richard should get together and go to SMS and re-read all the articles. They are after all just conjecture of the press at the time. Since you want to write a book (big surprise since that has always been your intent even under your other screen name) it won't change much. Does Richard know who you really are? He is really not a bad fellow, just rather gullible.
just an observer

Ozark, MO

#3789 Feb 5, 2013
NOMOREBS wrote:
JAO, you and Richard should get together and go to SMS and re-read all the articles. They are after all just conjecture of the press at the time. Since you want to write a book (big surprise since that has always been your intent even under your other screen name) it won't change much. Does Richard know who you really are? He is really not a bad fellow, just rather gullible.
Who the heck are you and I sincerely doubt you know who I am. Richard seems nice enough to me, although I don't know him personally. If I am working on a book it has nothing to do with this case. Beyond that, you know where you can stick it!!!!!!!!!!
Richard

Pearcy, AR

#3790 Feb 5, 2013
NOMOREBS wrote:
Ha,Ha,Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha !!!!!

Lord have mercy!!
NOMOREBS

Ozark, MO

#3791 Feb 5, 2013
just an observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the heck are you and I sincerely doubt you know who I am. Richard seems nice enough to me, although I don't know him personally. If I am working on a book it has nothing to do with this case. Beyond that, you know where you can stick it!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my you do get upset when someone knows who you really are.
just an observer

Ozark, MO

#3792 Feb 5, 2013
NOMOREBS wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my you do get upset when someone knows who you really are.
Better yet, I know who you are!:) You spill and I will too!
NOMOREBS

Ozark, MO

#3793 Feb 5, 2013
Go ahead cause you are bluffing, but I am not Ms :-)
Richard

Pearcy, AR

#3794 Feb 5, 2013
NOMOREBS wrote:
Go ahead cause you are bluffing, but I am not Ms :-)
You're wrong, but we know who you are!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Springfield Three 1992 (Sep '13) 9 min Richard The Real One 22,308
News Passengers scream as Florida alligator leaps in... 1 hr Spotted Girl 3
HELP! Who is the best beautician/colorist is sp... 2 hr Gray 1
holly rentals or 417 rentals or chris gatley (Jun '14) Thu Annoyed 66
Jeffrey Allen Whitworth (Jul '15) Jan 17 StraffordMan 3
Transmission rebuild Jan 12 Mechanic 2
Sunrise Media Partners (Jan '13) Jan 12 Aaron 33

Springfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance