Three missing women at Cox South
Hurricane

Kansas City, MO

#2786 Dec 7, 2012
Mote wrote:
<quoted text>Hurricane, I'll make a note of that. I got the 4:00 PM time from this June 1993 article.
http://news.google.com/newspapers...
Well, that article is totally in error. Sherrill and Suzie declined an invitation to go out to dinner with the Kirby's after graduation ceremonies, preferring to spend time at home together over pizza. One of Suzie's friends went by the house to deliver a graduation cake after she got off work and was surprised to find Suzie still there. She wasn't feeling well. Suzie and her friend spent some time together with Sherrill taking pictures before Suzie finally left for the party at approx 7:30 - 7:45.

I think you will find the early articles from the N-L, and some tnru the AP to be the most accurate.
IsAy

Murfreesboro, TN

#2787 Dec 7, 2012
@ Discussion.

Has it been discussed whether a hidden house key could have been placed on top of the outside light fixture?
unwrapper

Sikeston, MO

#2788 Dec 7, 2012
Could someone please direct me to as link to view the 48 hours episode? I tried the one one page 122, but it stops almost 30 minutes in and wont work.
cant say

Billings, MO

#2789 Dec 7, 2012
on the uniforms ---steven eugene garrisons dad was a greene county , deputy sheriff , and steve was raised up , as a boy scout , .........further more ...........steven eugene garrison was released from prison on may 15th 1992 , ...........having been arrested and held held since july 1st, 1989 , ....his history shows a missouri department of corrections warrant for violation of kansas -parole , issued on july 10th 1989 ..........so from the day ater kelle anne workman went missing at the dog wood store actually ( hemp-and pipe shop and dirty movie ) store .until barely 2 weeks before the ( 3-suzy stacy and sheryl ) went missing ,,........steve was in jail , ........shirley rose ---jackie johns ---debbie lewis ----kelle anne workman ----suzy streeter ---stacy mccall -sheryl levitt ., ........the joplin girl --tracy pickett , ....( i did get a relative on facebook to state that the same man from anderson mo. was questioned , ........that was involved in killing johnnie jones at 703 fremont , .....the day after fletchers bar b q re-opened
cant say

Billings, MO

#2790 Dec 7, 2012
richard ----you are wrong on the sentence of steve garrison , ....it is cout 1 -30 ys ---count 2 30yrs and count 3 30 yrs , .........all to be concurrent , and 10 yrs on count 4 consectitive , ........you must satisfy the 30 before you can serve the 10

Since: Dec 12

Elizabethtown, KY

#2791 Dec 7, 2012
unwrapper wrote:
Could someone please direct me to as link to view the 48 hours episode? I tried the one one page 122, but it stops almost 30 minutes in and wont work.
Comment #2607 Posted by Mote has a link that I watched and it works.
Richard

Little Rock, AR

#2792 Dec 7, 2012
cant say wrote:
richard ----you are wrong on the sentence of steve garrison ,....it is cout 1 -30 ys ---count 2 30yrs and count 3 30 yrs ,.........all to be concurrent , and 10 yrs on count 4 consectitive ,........you must satisfy the 30 before you can serve the 10
Apparently I was misinformed. I read the published account and then was apprised that the sentences ran concurrently. Had they been consecutive he would be well over 100 years old before he could be released.

Now I don't know this for a fact but I suspect if he were to cut a deal and tell everything that he knows he might get a sweeter deal from the prosecutor's office and conceivably paroled sooner and put into the witness protection program. But evidently he has chosen to clam up completely.

This might be something you might know. Are you aware that he might have owned a similar van parked on the police department's lawn for several months? I have heard that rumor somewhere. Do you know of anything about this?
Mote

Eureka Springs, AR

#2793 Dec 7, 2012
@ Richard

In post #633, Charles Tuna posted that the Grand Jury asked him about a van he rode in with Garrison.

In post #782, he stated that was the only time he knew Garrison to be driving a van.

Richard, is that what you're thinking of?
Richard

Little Rock, AR

#2794 Dec 8, 2012
Mote wrote:
@ Richard
In post #633, Charles Tuna posted that the Grand Jury asked him about a van he rode in with Garrison.
In post #782, he stated that was the only time he knew Garrison to be driving a van.
Richard, is that what you're thinking of?
I heard it somewhere else but evidently that is another indication that Garrison may have owned such a van. Thanks for researching that. The one thing I am about 99% sure of is that it was a van of an early vintage that had the "inboard" engine between the two front seats. As Dog Man has noted the early GM vans also had that configuration. In any event it is possible; not proven.

On post #562 in Websleuths, Thread #5, Trooogrit makes was I believe to be a very sound theory. If we carry it forward and include the uniforms it is plausible that entry and the conveyance needed would all have been in place to carry out this crime. This is the link. Trooogrit is a reliable investigator who has studied this case closely.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.p...
cant say

Billings, MO

#2795 Dec 8, 2012
fact - steven eugene garrison was in jail from ( july 2nd 1989 , .....arrested on possession charge , ...warrent for return was issued from modoc on july 10-1989 , and he was in jail until may 15th 1992 , .......he was in jail from 1 day ater kelle anne workman went missing until 3 weeks before the 3 went missing , ,..............he did not own the van -he borrowed it from a friend , ricky dykes had such a van , ( photos prove it ) , .......and dykes and garrison were friends , ............garrisons method of operarion was to right for a girl , ......................you see this when he escapes from custody and rapes that girl , ........the same thing is whenj you see him in prison for 3 years and is released and the 3 go missing 3 weeks later
Richard

Little Rock, AR

#2796 Dec 8, 2012
cant say wrote:
fact - steven eugene garrison was in jail from ( july 2nd 1989 ,.....arrested on possession charge ,...warrent for return was issued from modoc on july 10-1989 , and he was in jail until may 15th 1992 ,.......he was in jail from 1 day ater kelle anne workman went missing until 3 weeks before the 3 went missing ,,........he did not own the van -he borrowed it from a friend , ricky dykes had such a van ,( photos prove it ),.......and dykes and garrison were friends ,.........garrisons method of operarion was to right for a girl ,.........you see this when he escapes from custody and rapes that girl ,........the same thing is whenj you see him in prison for 3 years and is released and the 3 go missing 3 weeks later
Assuming what you say is true (and I have no personal knowledge), can you speculate or do you know what may have led either of these two gentleman to the Levitt house that night? And what about the GJ3 and Cox? How did they fit into this deal? And was that gang out in Rogersville involved?
Mote

Eureka Springs, AR

#2797 Dec 8, 2012
Richard wrote:
I heard it somewhere else but evidently that is another indication that Garrison may have owned such a van. Thanks for researching that. The one thing I am about 99% sure of is that it was a van of an early vintage that had the "inboard" engine between the two front seats. As Dog Man has noted the early GM vans also had that configuration. In any event it is possible; not proven.
On post #562 in Websleuths, Thread #5, Trooogrit makes was I believe to be a very sound theory. If we carry it forward and include the uniforms it is plausible that entry and the conveyance needed would all have been in place to carry out this crime. This is the link. Trooogrit is a reliable investigator who has studied this case closely.
Richard, Charles Tuna describes the van he rode in with Garrison in posts #1997,#1998, and #2013. In post #2013 he said this...

"it does seem that there was a motor cowel between the seats,couldn't swear though."

As for the uniforms, I really don't see the point. It just seems like a lot of trouble to go through just to get the door cracked open. If the perp was known to one of the women, there would be no need to play dress up.
Mote

Eureka Springs, AR

#2798 Dec 8, 2012
There is one thing I can't figure out.

If it's the same van involved in the disappearance and the police are looking for a van matching its description, why is Garrison driving it around Springfield in the summer of 1992?
Mote

Eureka Springs, AR

#2800 Dec 8, 2012
Mote wrote:
There is one thing I can't figure out.
If it's the same van involved in the disappearance and the police are looking for a van matching its description, why is Garrison driving it around Springfield in the summer of 1992?
or anytime after June 7, 1992 for that matter?
Samsung

Hollister, MO

#2801 Dec 8, 2012
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI Please note that early FORD vans also had the "inboard" engine , as it was the standard configuration for all 60 era and some 70 era vans by all makers except corvair and VW (they were rear engine machines.
cant say

Billings, MO

#2802 Dec 8, 2012
garrison may have used a old van ----borrowed ----but he did not own the van , ............his buddy did
Richard

Little Rock, AR

#2803 Dec 8, 2012
Mote wrote:
<quoted text>Richard, Charles Tuna describes the van he rode in with Garrison in posts #1997,#1998, and #2013. In post #2013 he said this...
"it does seem that there was a motor cowel between the seats,couldn't swear though."
As for the uniforms, I really don't see the point. It just seems like a lot of trouble to go through just to get the door cracked open. If the perp was known to one of the women, there would be no need to play dress up.
You are correct. We cannot, and I have checked, there is no way to positively prove this was "the" van nor whether it was the particular model believed used in the abductions.

As to the uniforms, much speculation has been made of how exactly was entry made into the house. I can state that the police made an effort to find those uniforms and I do not know if they were ever found. It would not be unreasonable to believe that a rapist or someone preying on vulnerable women would have a leg up if they showed up at the front door in uniform. For example, I can recall the time I was living out on Hiway J and a train overturned with chlorine gas leaking. The Greene County sheriff's deputy arrived at the door with the lights revolving and told us to vacate the home as it was dangerous to remain in the vicinity. That was like 2 AM in the morning. I was half asleep when I answered the door but we hightailed it out of there quickly. But at the same time I was cautious in that our house was located out of sight of other homes and would not have been seen if this was a ruse to get into our house. As an aside, this home was later burglarized.

If someone showed up at the front door in a police uniform and even if they had the van in the driveway they could easily have gotten one of those flashing lights that they put on the top of police vehicles and it would have been unlikely that any of the three women would have gone outside to inspect the vehicle to see if it was a genuine police vehicle.

It's all speculation but I am just attempting to show what might have gone down. There has to be some way to get the door opened. If we are to believe that the women knew this person that would answer that question but so far as I know of all of the individuals thought to be suspects only one failed the polygraph.

Don't take this to the bank but I believe the suspect list consists of 10 possible suspects. Cox and Garrison are believed to be on the list. Don't ask me.
Mote

Eureka Springs, AR

#2804 Dec 8, 2012
Richard wrote:
If someone showed up at the front door in a police uniform and even if they had the van in the driveway they could easily have gotten one of those flashing lights that they put on the top of police vehicles and it would have been unlikely that any of the three women would have gone outside to inspect the vehicle to see if it was a genuine police vehicle.
It's all speculation but I am just attempting to show what might have gone down. There has to be some way to get the door opened. If we are to believe that the women knew this person that would answer that question but so far as I know of all of the individuals thought to be suspects only one failed the polygraph.
Don't take this to the bank but I believe the suspect list consists of 10 possible suspects. Cox and Garrison are believed to be on the list. Don't ask me.
I'm not saying it's impossible, but it seems like a leap to connect missing uniforms to the 3MW case. It's funny you should mention those flashing lights that they put on the top of vehicles. When I read this theory the other night, I was reminded of the "Blue Light Rapist" who terrorized Arkansas in the 1990s. Robert Burmingham was his name. http://thecabin.net/stories/070199/sta_060799...

As for suspects, the police can only polygraph who they know about. We may be dealing with a fringe player here.
Richard

Little Rock, AR

#2805 Dec 8, 2012
My eyeballs are about to fall out of my head but I've been looking at many e-mails and PMs from the past year or so. I'm going to throw this out for discussion.

Although the GJ3 probably played a part either before, during or after the abductions, it does not appear that any of them actually was what is referred to as the "prime perp." And his name does not appear to be among the various "usual suspects" that have been bandied about.

I think there is an unknown person out there who has kept and is keeping a low profile and is the one who took the women but is not the one who actually carried out the murders. The women could have been kept alive for up to a month before being murdered.

I think this man somehow managed to worm his way into either Sherrill's or Suzie's life (most likely Sherrill) and this is why that door was unlocked to let this person in. This suggests that the stolen police uniforms would not have been required.

It does appear more likely than not upon entry that a gun was used to gain their compliance. I believe that both Sherrill and Suzie knew this man but that Stacy didn't know him or at best only had a passing acquaintance with him possibly explaining why she would have resisted being taken.

We still have the problem of how the van would have been moved from the corner of Kentwood and Delmar and backed into the Delmar home. That would almost certainly have required an "assistant."

Now it appears that virtually all of the "usual suspects" save one passed the polygraph. That one person could either have been the "prime perp" or the assistant. BUT, if the "prime perp" is not someone on the radar map it is highly unlikely he would have been polygraphed. But the "assistant" probably was.

I do believe that this "prime perp" is on the street even today and is known by the police but they do not have evidence to indict him for this crime. I do believe he is probably under surveillance. But he thinks is super smart and not going to be caught.

In summary, I think we can throw out all of the "usual suspects" as being the "prime perp" but any could be considered among the possible "assistant" (and that net would spread far and wide) but we have someone out there we do not know of. I believe this person is in and out of Missouri. As per the police bulletin on the 20th anniversary anyone knowing of such a person should contact the SPD. All they need is a little more evidence to bring this case to a conclusion, find the remains and put this person on death row.
Samsung

Hollister, MO

#2806 Dec 8, 2012
FACT is Richard, a simple credit card could have gained the perp(s) entrance, or even easier, a simple lock smith device. All the uniforms, flashing lights, and other parafanilia you dream up was totally unnecessary, but it makes you look important right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the x-spot! (Mar '14) 12 hr Bihornyguy 12
snitch (Aug '13) 12 hr Snitch are Heros 45
any fat bottoms still up Mon chubbytop 1
The Springfield Three 1992 (Sep '13) Sun SialTheFirst 19,900
Sign the petition to end prohibition of life-sa... Sun End Cannabis Proh... 1
tired of this Mo state it sucks (springfield) (Jan '13) Aug 25 notagain 26
Raves? Aug 23 Guest101 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springfield Mortgages