Heroin use rises in St. Louis area; f...

Heroin use rises in St. Louis area; feds say Springfield could ...

There are 7 comments on the KYTV Springfield story from Apr 16, 2010, titled Heroin use rises in St. Louis area; feds say Springfield could .... In it, KYTV Springfield reports that:

A new drug trend is hitting Missouri. Law enforcement agents say the rise in heroin use could spread from the St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KYTV Springfield.

“Resident Husky”

Since: Aug 09

Ralphie

#1 Apr 17, 2010
with the current array of drugs already floating around springfield, I sure hope that no one manages to make it down here from st. louis with the stuff.
tim

Arnold, MO

#2 May 24, 2011
tim
tim

Arnold, MO

#3 May 24, 2011
I am a recovering heroin addict and the use of heroin in St. Louis and the surrounding areas is at an all time high. This drug is an epidemic and it is killing our youth. It is much easier to get and can be smoked and snorted making it easier to use. Please be on the lookout for warning signs. You will notice the persons performance whether it is at school or work slowly slip. Not showing up on time grades slipping. You will notice the person not taking care of their physical appearance as far as not brushing their teeth, not showering, and other personal hygience. Becoming reckless and not caring about consequences, stealing money. Not interested in normal activities and secluding themselves. A couple normal physical signs are itching alot, nodding out, slurred vocabulary, track marks obviously on their arms, hands and even feet. Their are many many more. Heroin turned my life upside down and I am blessed to still be here. I have overdosed several times and lived to talk about it. Several of my friends have not been so lucky. There is help out there.
josh

United States

#4 Mar 3, 2013
The shit is serious. It will take over you in a blink of an eye. I sit and watch ppl i know slowly slippin away and they cant even see it. Its terrible wish ppl beinging it would rot in jail.
Anonymous

Kansas City, KS

#5 Mar 4, 2013
I used to live in STL.. The usage is insane there and it's all walks of life using it now.. And if people think it isn't in Springfield they are sadly mistaken.. Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it's not around. It's a life ruining substance.. I'm not sure why people start to use a substance like this when you know what the negative ramifications are..
Awake87

Rock Hill, SC

#7 Jan 12, 2015
I'm from stl and i used the boy for 6 years. I lived in springfield during some of my time using heroin and I would make the 6 hour round trip just to buy dope from stl bc there wasn't any in spfd. It always surprised me that someone didn't take advantage of the market in spfd and bring some down to sell. Now I hear it's coming down that way. Doesn't surprise me at all. Never touch the stuff if ur reading this and considering it. It will steal your soul. Stole almost all of my best friends lives. Most of my friends r dead. I survived somehow and I'm lucky. God works in mysterious way. Rip to everyone who's gone.
Awake87

Rock Hill, SC

#8 Jan 12, 2015
tim wrote:
I am a recovering heroin addict and the use of heroin in St. Louis and the surrounding areas is at an all time high. This drug is an epidemic and it is killing our youth. It is much easier to get and can be smoked and snorted making it easier to use. Please be on the lookout for warning signs. You will notice the persons performance whether it is at school or work slowly slip. Not showing up on time grades slipping. You will notice the person not taking care of their physical appearance as far as not brushing their teeth, not showering, and other personal hygience. Becoming reckless and not caring about consequences, stealing money. Not interested in normal activities and secluding themselves. A couple normal physical signs are itching alot, nodding out, slurred vocabulary, track marks obviously on their arms, hands and even feet. Their are many many more. Heroin turned my life upside down and I am blessed to still be here. I have overdosed several times and lived to talk about it. Several of my friends have not been so lucky. There is help out there.
It's been an epidemic for years in stl. They just started calling it that recently bc white kids from the suburbs like me were and are dying. Congrats on ur sobriety man. I'm right there with u. That stuff is no joke. I overdosed numerous times. Norcan in my arm. Shouldn't be here like u said so we both should thank God every day for each breath we take. Good luck in all your endeavors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alex and Marsha 6 hr Heartbroken 3
The Springfield Three 1992 (Sep '13) 11 hr Annoyed 22,237
Three missing women at Cox South (Oct '06) 14 hr Not a fry cook 16,365
CI Micki?? Wed Mariah013 1
Juvenile System "Informal Adjustment" (Mar '12) Tue HD Mom 62
Jeffrey Allen Whitworth (Jul '15) Tue StraffordMan 3
Buff Lamb (Nov '09) Tue Rusty 58

Springfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance