Red Light Camera still makes You pay

Red Light Camera still makes You pay

Posted in the Springfield Forum

Larry

United States

#1 Mar 19, 2013
I guess the City Council or Police Dept keeps removing my Red light comments.YOU CAN NOT GET A RED LIGHT TICKET REDUCED because the City Council passed and ordinace to not reduce tickets for running a Red Light.If you are the third car becareful it will catch you and you will get a ticket to pay their salary!!!!!!!!
really

Houston, MO

#2 Mar 19, 2013
Don't run a red light and you won't have to worry about it.
Will

Ozark, MO

#4 Mar 21, 2013
Studies show if you lengthen the yellow light you will have very few accidents or people running red lights but you can't make money on that so they won't do it.
So creep up to the green light at 10 miles an hour and when your right up to it floor it and pray. I get through every time though everyone else has to pass me. It's the world we live in people. It's not right but it's survival in 2013.
Norm

San Jose, CA

#6 Mar 24, 2013
really wrote:
Don't run a red light and you won't have to worry about it.
Agreed!
Dean

Mount Vernon, MO

#8 May 18, 2013
Norm wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed!
Try driving a 42,000 lbs motor home on a street with a 45 to 60 mph speed limit and going through a traffic light that has had the time of the yellow light shortened just to catch more people on red. The companies that are installing the cameras won't put them in unless the city agrees to shorten the length of time that the yellow light is on to the lowest time allowed by law. Seems to me they are more interested in collecting fines than they are in safety.
an observer

Cameron, MO

#9 May 19, 2013
I wish they would raise the fine to $1000, then maybe those drivers who come thru the red lights when the other traffic has a green signal would get the message they are not SPECIAL, that in fact they are breaking the law.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#10 May 22, 2013
I'd love to see some new article (local, reliable) that actually states the cameras are back on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
donald trump 3 hr Johnny Sausage Fi... 3
Republican-Trump tax Reform only profits the We... 10 hr I am a republican 6
Have you seen? Wed Creepy Bear 1
The Springfield Three 1992 (Sep '13) Wed Watching It 28,216
Science is GOOD Wed Nikola Tesla 2
New Wed Hmmm 7
Anyone Know Hannah Elizabeth Gordon? (Nov '16) Sep 19 ICE QUEEN 5

Springfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance