Posted in the Springfield Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Radio Fan

Springfield, MO

#1 Apr 30, 2012
Ah-ta what the hell?

KGBX canned Woody P. Snow. He was just about the only thing on local morning radio worth listening to.

Come on Clear Channel! What were you thinking? Oh, I know. You want me to go listen to generic nationwide syndicated shows instead of local ones that appeal to the community. scumbags.
ya never know

Blacklick, OH

#2 Apr 30, 2012
He does have his followers and has made quite a name for himself over the years.
Maybe he failed another piss test -LMAO.
Clear Channel

United States

#3 Apr 30, 2012
To the first person who has it all figured out, that's like saying NBC got rid of Tom Dye bc they want you to get your weather from the Today Show. Clear Channel is made up of markets just like this one. If you knew anything about business...well, you wouldn't be ranting on Topix. People that love Woody & say they'll never listen to KGBX ever again, will all hit their KGBX preset and be back in a month. We know more about you than you do, you can rant on Topix all you want to try and make your point, but my point will be made when your dial is set back to KGBX by summer. Let the people who know what they're talking about do their jobs, you just keep being a good little pawn and do as we say.
C YA

Columbia, MO

#5 May 1, 2012
Don't miss Woody P. a bit...he was a pompous, arrogant blowhard. I always miss Janet when she's not there!
Mornings are not the same

Jefferson City, MO

#6 May 1, 2012
I always enjoyed my morning ride to work listening to Woody and Janet...this is so sad for me. Woody told it like it is with a Christian opinion..now KGBX is going to be like any other station..I will be switching stations.
Suzie

Indianapolis, IN

#8 May 1, 2012
Woody was always there, Janet seldom, plus she always sounds like a dimwit.I will be searching the airways for a new talk show. Woody, you're already missed.
LilRebel

Streator, IL

#9 May 1, 2012
Clear channel you don't know squat! We liked Woody and Janet just the way they were, NOT the way you wanted to make them pre-recorded crap. I turned my dial Monday morning & will NOT turn it back unless it is Woody back on the air. I went to KOSP for morning show. YOU don't know more about us than we know about ourselves, your a new to the area, corporate minded waterhead who just see's dollar signs flash before your eyes. I hope those dollars get much smaller as you lose advertiser's also. YOU want me to be a "good little pawn", you can kiss where the sun don't shine if you think I will be your pawn, you sound just like the government is becoming. Woody might make political statements, but he was usually spot on correct & just told it like it was. You clear channel are the scum at the bottom of the pond!
Clear Channel

United States

#10 May 1, 2012
Dear Pawn,
Don't worry, our dollar signs aren't going anywhere, and neither are our 237million monthly listeners. In regards to advertising, why do you think we did this? It's not even been a week & we've already had an increase in people streaming KGBX. Do yourself a favor and quit embarrassing yourself on here, and if you've got something to say, put your name on it.
sarah

Burlington, IA

#11 May 1, 2012
i think the only person woody loves is his self. i will not miss him at all.
Sophie

Springfield, MO

#12 May 1, 2012
I feel sorry for everyone who feels they need to judge...whether it's listeners or Clear Channel. Clear Channel lost me a long time ago because of all the repeats through the day. I always listened to Woody & Janet in the morning then switched over to Star 92.9 where you don't have to hear the same song 4 times in one day while you're at work. Woody may have been opinionated but who isn't. I beleive he had a heart of Gold and so does Janet. I will miss you Janet as I have made the morning switch now to Star 92.9
Thom

Saint Louis, MO

#13 May 1, 2012
Woody was a lot more funny when he worked for a certain smaller station years ago and was coked out all the time. Actually, he was hilarious then. Subsequently he left to be a "big time" dj, mocking the ozarks before he left. After moving away, and failing, he returned to the ozarks and picked up Janet. Fast fwd to now.
Renee R

Springfield, MO

#14 May 1, 2012
I canned Clear Channel about six months ago. Working way too much toward national syndication stuff. If gave a crap about Ryan Seacrest, I'd watch him on tv, but I don't. I do miss listening to Kevin and Liz in the mornings, but I'm sure it won't be long until they screw with that too.
sarah

AOL

#15 May 1, 2012
i will try star radio 92.6 i love the older music anyway. kgbx, they play a lot of newer music which i do not like. woody i liked you better when you were on i think rock 99. so long !
Bob

Ozark, MO

#16 May 1, 2012
Woody is old, end of story. They canned him because he couldn't operate any of the equipment anymore, allegedly, due to his increasing dementia.

It's sad, but it happens. Janet might be on KY3 soon.
Music Lover

Columbia, MO

#17 May 2, 2012
Woody is very talented and will have a phenomenal future. Business is business and apparently CC knows a little bit about it since they're worldwide, imo.
Upset

United States

#18 May 2, 2012
Clear Channel wrote:
To the first person who has it all figured out, that's like saying NBC got rid of Tom Dye bc they want you to get your weather from the Today Show. Clear Channel is made up of markets just like this one. If you knew anything about business...well, you wouldn't be ranting on Topix. People that love Woody & say they'll never listen to KGBX ever again, will all hit their KGBX preset and be back in a month. We know more about you than you do, you can rant on Topix all you want to try and make your point, but my point will be made when your dial is set back to KGBX by summer. Let the people who know what they're talking about do their jobs, you just keep being a good little pawn and do as we say.
The fact that you are calling the Kgbx fans pawns is enough for me to move and never come back, what attitude you have! There are plenty of other stations to listen to or I can just play my IPod. Really, who needs Clear Channel?
Steve Roberson

Ozark, MO

#19 May 2, 2012
Clear Channel, if money is your only barometer of success then congratulations! You have a mogul conglomerate that works because the power stations support the less powerful...not because you make great decisions market to market. I DO know the industry and my family has put up with your egotistical station rapes and steam rolled choices that have nothing to do with local interests. This isn't about Woody, it was about a chemistry between two people that the local consumption enjoyed which is why they were number one here before you ever got involved. Did I agree with everything that Woody said or did? No, but the banter between him and Janet was special. You guys never consider that because it is your goal to produce a product that is never bound by a personality...it's all about machines now. Sorry, I'm machined to death already. It takes far more brilliance to recognize chemistry than it does to mold every station coast to coast in the same form when we can't even agree on politics. Be different for a change. Don't be so predictable. As several people said above, I'm done and had started making the complaints back when you started sucking away the personality for more stupid airhead tunes. Woody will be fine. Some station will suck him up soon. As for you guys, it will only be a short time before the personalities will be gone altogether. GOOD CALL! Brother....(btw, my name is attached, where is yours?)
Amy McHolland

Bolivar, MO

#20 May 3, 2012
Dear "Clear Channel",

You have quite a bit to say to those of us who miss Woody...You tell us to put our name one it, here is mine. Where is yours? Or will you contine to hide behind "Clear Channel". Your talk is big but everything else seems quite small and cowardly. If you aren't big enough to reply with your name, don't reply at all.
ROFLMBO

Branson, MO

#21 May 3, 2012
Clear Channel wrote:
Hmmmmmmmmmm, you judge those that make a post on TOPIX, yet you do the same. And you just aren't as smart as you think you are. I PROMISE I will not listen to a Clear Channel Station as long as I live. I will go to Satellite Radio, and make sure YOU have nothing to do with what I might want to listen!
Susan

Strafford, MO

#22 May 3, 2012
I will listen to the morning show one more time to make a list of the sponsors. Then I will write to all of those sponsors to let them know I will no longer support their products. Clear Channel, the Woody & Janet show was the ONLY time I listened to your channel so it's no problem to push the button that I already used for the rest of the day. It's obvious from your comments that you don't give a rat's behind for or have any respect for the local listeners so I'm sure you won't miss me and my money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Three missing women at Cox South (Oct '06) 8 min Richard the Real One 15,812
Christmas lights 31 min David 1
the x-spot! (Mar '14) 22 hr Now_What- 46
Larry Luna, a bad judge (Feb '15) Mon Kristen 24
Drury University women's basketball team (Mar '16) Dec 2 phantomscout 3
Lisha Masters: irrational and dangerous (Apr '12) Dec 1 Broken System 24
OCH Emergency Health Care Services (Nov '13) Nov 30 Holderfunb89 2

Springfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance