Patch sues Redstone Properties for $1...

Patch sues Redstone Properties for $16M in bonus payments

There are 78 comments on the North Adams Transcript story from Jul 19, 2008, titled Patch sues Redstone Properties for $16M in bonus payments. In it, North Adams Transcript reports that:

He started off as the company's golden boy, a top earner with a rosy future. Now, he's suing the Williamstown-based land management and development firm for allegedly failing to pay him millions of dollars in ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Adams Transcript.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
PPP

Cambridge, MA

#63 Aug 14, 2008
jobs wrote:
<quoted text>They may need jobs and their children certainly will
And clearly you are another Patten minion.
Another view FWIW

United States

#64 Aug 24, 2008
First of all there are many facets to all of this. The common thread to the entire company and most principals involved has been to overlook all disrections, illegal, immoral and unethical activity as long as the money was coming in.
Now that the market had softened significantly employees (current and former), now partners and even customers are feeling the brunt of the run and gun, make them up as you go company policies.
It's also kind of ironic that Patch is suing for unpaid bonusses when he allowed the firing of a top salesperson weeks before she was due a hefty bonus and needless to say never got paid.
Drugs, sex, and lying are only the tip of the iceberg when you discuss the dealings of this company. I am just stunned that no one has based an HBO series off of this --- YET.
Thanks

Milton, MA

#65 Aug 27, 2008
Thank you FWIW. This company was the biggest joke ever to work for.
USC Sucks

Milton, MA

#66 Aug 27, 2008
Cal Crosby wrote:
I'm way late in joining this discussion, which I fear is growing stale, so I'll just offer these few observations:
1) I've met and consorted with Steven Patch, and can confirm with 100% confidence that he is indeed a monumental jackass.
2) The magnitude of Patch's jackassery does not a losing lawsuit make, however. The law is the law - if he's entitled to that bonus money, then Patten should pay up. Whether or not Patch is a flaming douchebag of epic proportions - and, my goodness, is he ever - has nothing to do with it.
3) I think it's telling that Patten's lawyers are clearly working very hard to dismiss Patch's claims based on the premise that Georgia law, and not the law of Massachusetts, should apply. The Massachusetts Wage law is notoriously pro-employee, particularly when it comes to determining commissions-based compensation owed to terminated employees - a fact of which Patten's lawyers are undoubtedly aware in arguing for application of Georgia, which is presumably less favorable to Patch.
4) As for the ethical propriety of Mike Patten's business in general, I have to agree with postings on this board from the obvious genius known as "Land Whisperer." Mike is a stand-up guy, a gentleman, and a straight-shooter in my experience (which admittedly is based on almnost no contact with him, but I'm a known savant when it comes to reading people, so just accept it). And at bottom, he's in the business of selling land to willing and ready buyers who oftentimes are sophisticated businesspeople. No one is forced to buy anything until they know exactly what they're buying, they've read the full terms of the deal, and they sign on the the line that is dotted. This isn't Glenn Gary, Glenn Ross, for chrissake - these people aren't being taken aside individually and given the slow, hard sell over fancy dinners and single malt scotches until they succumb to the unctuous charms of Al Pacino. They're adults who are financially able and who - and this is key - come to Patten looking to buy land. Call me crazy, but I'm a pro-free market, freedom of contract guy, and I say unless you can find something IN WRITING that suggests these buyers aren't getting what they bargained for, then you can't find anything that proves Patten has ever done anything wrong in that regard.
5) "Dingus Khan" has the best moniker on this board.
Anybody that writes or speak like Yoda, "The magnitude of Patch's jackassery does not a losing lawsuit make," should not be taken seriously. Patten minion.
jassy303

Troy, NY

#67 Sep 7, 2008
bite me franco, and its douche not touche.
jassy303

Troy, NY

#68 Sep 7, 2008
touche with d in the front
Chris Farley

Cambridge, MA

#69 Sep 18, 2008
It's a French word..but you would have no knowledge of that b/c you live in Adams, IN A TRAILER DOWN BY THE RIVER!
wal mart greeter

West Springfield, MA

#70 Sep 18, 2008
Chris Farley wrote:
It's a French word..but you would have no knowledge of that b/c you live in Adams, IN A TRAILER DOWN BY THE RIVER!
What's wrong with Adams and his sister, North Adams.
Concerned citizen

Limington, ME

#73 Jan 30, 2011
I chose the name concerned citizen because I am concerned by the fact that everyone on here has their own die hard opinion yet, none of you know what the hell you are talking about. I suspect that if you did you would be directly involved in the case against Redstone Properties and society as a whole would be coming to you for accurate judgment towards peoples' character. What most concerns me are the claims by a great number of you that you know what you're talking about yet, none of you can spell. Egads! Just so all of you well-knowledged, world-cultured, salt-of-the-Earth, able to cast the first stone, folk are aware, there is a feature on your computer,(you know, that thing you jerk-off onto nightly), called spell check. Google it because clearly you are unaware of how it works.

-CC
Thanks Harry

West Springfield, MA

#74 Jan 31, 2011
Harry destroyed sport aviation at the North Adams airport when he bought most all of the hangars and raised the rents, demanded his mechanic's do all inspections and work and each owner must have a million dollar liability insurance policy on their aircraft. Also he stored all kinds of items such as cars and farm equipment in said hangars in clear violation of FAA policy which says aviation only at this federal funded airport.The FAA cleared up the storage problems but a once thriving sport aviation airport has been reduced to a ghost town as compared to what once was. Thanks Harry.
Ring Ring -LVW-

Nashville, TN

#75 May 24, 2011
Has anyone heard from Stephen Patch?.....the guy ran some classic training sessions. "If you tell me how big the F-ing lake is one more time I am going to F-ing kill you"(all of this while swinging a golf club around). Those that were there and survived I consider my brothers and sisters for life, LOL.
Former Employees

Dillon, CO

#76 Jul 22, 2011
I am sitting here tonight with three former employees...Mike Patten is a great leader and land developer. He runs an ethical organization and a pleasure to work for. Not familiar with the details of the Stephen Patch situation but I believe Mike Patten will handle it fairly.
My Brother

Dillon, CO

#77 Jul 22, 2011
I am still having nightmares of the golf club flying close to my skull all the while trying to concentrate on closing the sales training call...gotta love it!
sher

Philadelphia, PA

#78 Jul 22, 2011
Former Employees wrote:
I am sitting here tonight with three former employees...Mike Patten is a great leader and land developer. He runs an ethical organization and a pleasure to work for. Not familiar with the details of the Stephen Patch situation but I believe Mike Patten will handle it fairly.
Tell Mike an old friend from Stamford says "hi".
cil

Adams, MA

#79 Jul 25, 2011
sher wrote:
<quoted text>Tell Mike an old friend from Stamford says "hi".
was this back in the day when you hitch hiked the world and sold your ass for a ride? why don't you tell everyone!! i'm sure they would all like to her you rant!! lol besides you are really ugly now! he won't know who the hell you are!! lol
chbpod

East Greenwich, RI

#80 Jul 25, 2011
Ignore- Cil copycat aping
Just passing by

Bristol, CT

#81 Jul 20, 2012
he is a scumbag and now I know why his kids and everyone else hates him ...and believe me ...I know 1st hand about the golden boy
Mrs Patch wrote:
<quoted text>I hope you are wrong! He owes me for his...
Hear Ya

East Hartford, CT

#82 Jul 24, 2012
Indigo wrote:
Isnt't that the MO of most of the cut-throat developers who make gods of $$$. Mis-lead, mis-represent, and take advantage of the little guy. It's amazing to me that anyone wants to work for a Patten.
Sounds like bad news to me. However there is a ton of unethical corrupt companies in Southern New England unfortunately.
Beware if you're living in the state to the south of Massachusetts, the Nutmeg state, and need to hire a probate lawyer!
Beware of whom you hire for corruption is King in Connecticut, as far as the Probate system goes. You and your family could easily be raked over the coals or end up dying an early death, if you hire an unethical probate lawyer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Consultant shares reuse ideas for St. Mary's in... Jun 18 Praxis33 2
News Latest: Van where Dallas suspect found dead cat... Jun 14 jubalboy 1
News Wilfredo Pabon of Springfield admits stabbing C... (Apr '10) Jun 11 Nobody 34
News MedExpress, BHS planning walk-in medical facili... Jun 8 imabeliever 1
News American views on illegal immigrants being gran... Jun 6 tomin cali 2
BAD motorcycle accident last night (Aug '09) May '15 his name plz 36
ann cinelli springfield, ma arrested for DUI May '15 falcetti14 1
More from around the web

Springfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Springfield Mortgages