Australia rejects proposal to host US...

Australia rejects proposal to host US carrier

There are 53 comments on the CBS 3 Springfield story from Aug 1, 2012, titled Australia rejects proposal to host US carrier. In it, CBS 3 Springfield reports that:

Australia has rejected a proposal by a Washington think tank to base a nuclear aircraft carrier strike group on Australia's west coast as part of a shift of U.S. military might to the Asia-Pacific region.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS 3 Springfield.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Annie Muk

Sweden

#42 Aug 3, 2012
Light Bearer wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite right. The USA military budget is unsustainable and the US cannot afford an arms race with China.
They want all allies to share their Imperialist policies. IE they want to reap the benefits of being the reserve world currency in the oil dollars, but cannot possibly spend any more on the MIC.
In particular they cannot afford to let China, Japan and India buy oil from Iran in Euros or a basket of currencies.
They probably dont want Australia to trade their oil and gas with Asian Countries unless it is in US Dollars.
Politely say no. We dont mind supporting you in joint projects but unless the Australian Dollar is included in the Petro Dollars forget it.
Possibly the most important point of all, yes.

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Foo

Lowood, Australia

#43 Aug 3, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Why hasn't it happen today?
Because large multi;national corporations , both private and state owned , have worked together to develop a large global network of import/export. They make huge profits or gain huge advantages , like access to consumer markets like USA and Europe.........but its not essential, and its not neccessary.......in fact , the way it has developed in the last 20 or more years , it has proven to have more problems than benefits..........mainly because of greed for both power and money by the big parties involved.......
oxbull

Medowie, Australia

#46 Aug 3, 2012
ask gina rinehart and colin barnett ?
don't they want to upset china...
Myth Buster

Kuching, Malaysia

#47 Aug 3, 2012
Foo wrote:
<quoted text>Because large multi;national corporations , both private and state owned , have worked together to develop a large global network of import/export. They make huge profits or gain huge advantages , like access to consumer markets like USA and Europe.........but its not essential, and its not neccessary.......in fact , the way it has developed in the last 20 or more years , it has proven to have more problems than benefits..........mainly because of greed for both power and money by the big parties involved.......
At least Karl Marx has a coherent theory about the economy.
You endorse central planning or what?
Foo

Lowood, Australia

#48 Aug 3, 2012
Well, I answered your question Myth.....and you just sidestep....Karl Marx has little to do with it...........ideology has little to do with....it's about sovereign countries and their individual needs and independance.....Your view comes from China's self-made predicament. Too many decades thinking that a huge population will make you safe from the world...and now you don't know what to do with them.......
Kaing

Medowie, Australia

#49 Aug 3, 2012
no is not karl marx or communist idiology that make china rich but the capitalist transfer all techno and manufacturer to china because of cheap labors that make china rich....
big mistake was made too late to do anything?...

“Ngali”

Since: Jun 08

Perth

#50 Aug 3, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
At least Karl Marx has a coherent theory about the economy.
You endorse central planning or what?
Karl Marx had a coherent theory - but it's REAL easy to be coherent when you simplify everything so much and ignore the inconvenient complexity of reality. All value does NOT come from labour alone - and Marxist ideas basically fall apart because he wasn't flexible enough to incorporate anything else outside of that.
Elias

Australia

#51 Aug 3, 2012
ngali wrote:
<quoted text>
Karl Marx had a coherent theory - but it's REAL easy to be coherent when you simplify everything so much and ignore the inconvenient complexity of reality. All value does NOT come from labour alone - and Marxist ideas basically fall apart because he wasn't flexible enough to incorporate anything else outside of that.
translation: sticky frameworks make for inflexible policies that don;t factor future variables.
Myth Buster

Kuching, Malaysia

#52 Aug 3, 2012
ngali wrote:
<quoted text>
I m not promoting Karl Marx.
When people bash China for stealing jobs they often borrow idea from Marxism ie more Gov interventions yet I doubt they know the consequence.
Foo

Lowood, Australia

#53 Aug 3, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
I m not promoting Karl Marx.
When people bash China for stealing jobs they often borrow idea from Marxism ie more Gov interventions yet I doubt they know the consequence.
Still don't get it Myth.?....the only reason China needs so many jobs ,is because they have too many people.....I never blame Chinese people for this , just the incompetant captains who have steered the ship.........too much government intervention is the problem , not more........it's about time all countries started to look within their own borders for the answers......I mean , it's a good thing to help your neigbours , but that's not an invitation for them to move in and live in your house , is it ?....or an invitation for them to run your household budget for you......
Myth Buster

Kuching, Malaysia

#54 Aug 3, 2012
Foo wrote:
<quoted text>Still don't get it Myth.?....the only reason China needs so many jobs ,is because they have too many people.....I never blame Chinese people for this , just the incompetant captains who have steered the ship.........too much government intervention is the problem , not more........it's about time all countries started to look within their own borders for the answers......I mean , it's a good thing to help your neigbours , but that's not an invitation for them to move in and live in your house , is it ?....or an invitation for them to run your household budget for you......
Do you know that the biggest challenge China's manufacturers face today is how to find sufficient workers?
Foo

Lowood, Australia

#55 Aug 4, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know that the biggest challenge China's manufacturers face today is how to find sufficient workers?
.....another "created" problem.....Your leaders want China to be the worlds factory ...but you have insufficient workers ?......try offering more money ......or introduce Quality control to produce better products......or do they need to make sure Australia's manufacturing infrastructure is totally dismantled , before they decide to do things properly ?
Know Your Game

Stanhope, NJ

#56 Aug 4, 2012
China has never made an aggressive move towards Aus.
If I remember, Aus invited US military to have presence there because they were afriad of China.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mark Tully: At ceiling, Pittsfield confronts re... Fri Art of No Deal 17
News Pittsfield City Council: Candidate steps up for... Fri Shakes My Head 6
News Suspect in Pittsfield liquor store robbery foun... Mar 23 Cops are Degenerates 9
News 'The church is people': Rev. Peter Gregory prou... Mar 14 Cops are Degenerates 4
News Puppy Place reopens, but not with official consent (Apr '08) Mar 13 Charlie Kelly 41
News EPA chief: Carbon dioxide not primary cause of ... Mar 9 Patriot AKA Bozo 1
News 'Friends' hope Morningstar will shine on Mar 6 Little Blue Alien 2

Springfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springfield Mortgages