Australia rejects proposal to host US carrier

Aug 1, 2012 Full story: CBS 3 Springfield 53

Australia has rejected a proposal by a Washington think tank to base a nuclear aircraft carrier strike group on Australia's west coast as part of a shift of U.S. military might to the Asia-Pacific region.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mentos Bottle Rocket

Australia

#1 Aug 1, 2012
Keep your nuclear arsenal in your own front yard yanks! We already let you test the bloody things here.. Now bugger off!
chueng

Australia

#2 Aug 1, 2012
yes good good australia u must listen to china ... u future with china ....
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#3 Aug 1, 2012
This is largely due to WA's reliance on the Chinese buying their minerals. Colin Barnett would wear a Chomsam use chopstiks and speak Mandarin to keep business going. Heck he'd even wear a red star and buy a copy of Mao's red book just to keep his benefactors happy.
Think

Melbourne, Australia

#4 Aug 2, 2012
Elias wrote:
This is largely due to WA's reliance on the Chinese buying their minerals. Colin Barnett would wear a Chomsam use chopstiks and speak Mandarin to keep business going. Heck he'd even wear a red star and buy a copy of Mao's red book just to keep his benefactors happy.
This is largely because it will cost 6 billion dollars to set up the port to base these ships here u stupid c*nt. How r u still alive?
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#5 Aug 2, 2012
Think wrote:
<quoted text>
This is largely because it will cost 6 billion dollars to set up the port to base these ships here u stupid c*nt. How r u still alive?
The Americans have pledged to foot the bill oh brainless one.
perspicacelly

Piatra Neamt, Romania

#6 Aug 2, 2012
chueng wrote:
good good australia u must listen to china ... u future with china ....
what if "song tai chin-fu loung ma" china future with (j)zapan?
Happy

Melbourne, Australia

#7 Aug 2, 2012
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
The Americans have pledged to foot the bill oh brainless one.
No f*ck-tard, it's a sign of defense like it has been for the last 60 years for us and Asia. This video is for the Philippines and the alliance against China.

&fe ature=related

The reason why u dont want to see a troop build up in Australia is because u hate us Elias. Game, set, match.
Annie Muk

Stockholm, Sweden

#8 Aug 2, 2012
Mentos Bottle Rocket wrote:
Keep your nuclear arsenal in your own front yard yanks! We already let you test the bloody things here.. Now bugger off!
BRAVO, Mr. Rocket!!!
Foo

Australia

#9 Aug 2, 2012
Mentos Bottle Rocket wrote:
It was the British that done the tests,actually....
Foo

Australia

#10 Aug 2, 2012
If any one bothered to read the article ,it was a proposal from a "think-tank"....and not endorsed by the US government....A "think-tank" is a really big steel drum ,with a ladder on the side of it, so people can climb into the tank and think about stuff that they regard as important.....I dont trust people who do things like that...it's weird.
Annie Muk

Stockholm, Sweden

#11 Aug 2, 2012
Foo wrote:
A "think-tank" is a really big steel drum ,with a ladder on the side of it, so people can climb into the tank and think about stuff that they regard as important.....I dont trust people who do things like that...it's weird.
I think the idea is for it to be "sound proof" so that the rest of us have no idea what mad plans they're hoping to subject us to.

I don't trust them either.

“NO ANZUS”

Since: Nov 10

Southern California

#12 Aug 2, 2012
Australia is like the 16yr old kid, blue hair,tattoos and with piercings, never worked a goddamn day in his life, who shits on dad.

Time America kicks Australia to curb. Think US is evil try blowing sugardaddy China. China man will own your mines you will be slaves.

So what did spitting on American troops, abusing our tourists and burning our flag accomplish Australia?

YOU WILL PAY Antiamerican AUSTRALIA. You are worst english speaking whites on planet. You deserve your fate.
giggles

Toorak, Australia

#13 Aug 2, 2012
Mr Humbert wrote:
Australia is like the 16yr old kid, blue hair,tattoos and with piercings, never worked a goddamn day in his life, who shits on dad.
Time America kicks Australia to curb. Think US is evil try blowing sugardaddy China. China man will own your mines you will be slaves.
So what did spitting on American troops, abusing our tourists and burning our flag accomplish Australia?
YOU WILL PAY Antiamerican AUSTRALIA. You are worst english speaking whites on planet. You deserve your fate.
America was never Australia's DAD, just an ALLY.
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#14 Aug 2, 2012
Happy wrote:
<quoted text>
No f*ck-tard, it's a sign of defense like it has been for the last 60 years for us and Asia. This video is for the Philippines and the alliance against China.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ZajffcRUkIsXX&feature=rel ated
The reason why u dont want to see a troop build up in Australia is because u hate us Elias. Game, set, match.
You didn't address my post (what a surprise), I said the American proposal included funding to cover the cost of infrastructure development in Perth to allow nuclear warships to dock. The issue for WA is the potential of China withdrawing vital trade in retaliation.

“Ngali”

Since: Jun 08

Perth

#15 Aug 2, 2012
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't address my post (what a surprise), I said the American proposal included funding to cover the cost of infrastructure development in Perth to allow nuclear warships to dock. The issue for WA is the potential of China withdrawing vital trade in retaliation.
China wouldn't withdraw trade in retaliation.

They wouldn't like it and would grumble - sure - but they still need Australian minerals etc - and trade is trade. People won't stop making money.

China trades with Japan everyday of the year -$300 billion worth - and they've just signed a direct currency trade agreement and are engaged in free trade negotiations...

Meanwhile Japan hosts the entire US 7th Fleet on China's front door with 50-60 ships, 350 planes and marines.

All while pissing off China every other day by, supporting Taiwanese independence, arresting their fishermen, and by being the guys who trashed China in WW2.

We'd be fine.
Foo

Windaroo, Australia

#16 Aug 2, 2012
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt the Chinese government are that silly...they need the resources just as much as we need to sell them.......and we dont need to sell them all that much ,really...
chueng

Australia

#17 Aug 2, 2012
14.6% Australia GDP come from resource?
Myth Buster

Kuching, Malaysia

#18 Aug 2, 2012
Chance of a hot war between China and USA is small because it will destroy the entire world.
Chinese don't believe in going to heaven.
Some Americans believe in going to heaven but most are in no hurry.

The military build up has to do with politics.
1) American love to elect the most cocky (presidential) guy to lead them. So candidates have to act cocky. After the election they have to decide if they want to bring the whole world to heaven, some hard decision to make!
2) Many states have large military industries and they need jobs no matter how they get them.
3) It makes good business sense to make allies pay the bills. There is no way USA can come up with the money. The whole idea can from think tank. Cocky politicians simply don't have the courage to say no in an election year.
Myth Buster

Kuching, Malaysia

#19 Aug 2, 2012
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
The proposal came from think tank which make a living by war mongering.
US Congress is in the mist of discussing defense cut.
Myth Buster

Kuching, Malaysia

#20 Aug 2, 2012
China will still trade with Australia even if Aus allows US carrier base in Aus.
It is reasonable to expect China to target Aus with more nuclear/conventional missiles if that were to happen and ordinary Aussies are not going to be too comfortable with that prospect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
16 Members And Associates Of La Familia Gang Ar... (May '08) Fri Unknown 296
Saugus town managers dismissal Sep 17 Surprise 1
Chow down on chowder Sep 13 Dave 1
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Sep 11 whimmersmith 4,702
Wilfredo Pabon of Springfield admits stabbing C... (Apr '10) Sep 10 your one and only 33
Oxycodone shortage stressing patients (Feb '09) Sep 7 Baljenni 450
Billerica's next Town Meeting debate: eliminati... Sep 2 hammerhead 1
•••
•••
Springfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Springfield Jobs

•••
•••
•••