Motorcycle Accident Yesterday On Lincoln Park Rd

Posted in the Springfield Forum

Jennifer

Bardstown, KY

#1 Mar 15, 2012
We are looking for ANY witnesses that might have seen the accident that occurred Yesterday: Wednesday March 14th around 5:30ish on Lincoln Park Rd by Cardinal Subdivision.

My 18yr old son was headed towards hwy555 on Lincoln Park Rd. As he was coming down the road he noticed a truck pulled off the shoulder parallel to the road.. as he got closer to the truck, the Truck pulled out doing a U TURN right in front of him.

My son was on his black and yellow Yamaha crotchrocket. He braked trying to stop from hitting the Truck and flipped headfirst over the handlebars!!!!! Of coarse the Bike FLIPPED too missing him thank goodness and shooting across the other side of the road!!!!!! The truck slowed down and asked him , "Are you OK?" THEN the Man LEFT!!!!! MY SON, HURT Pulled his motorcycle off the road!!

Thank goodness an off duty EMS worker was passing and proceeded to call for help!!!!!! At the same time the EMS worker was calling for help a friend of the family was on the phone with her husband as she rode by and quickly told him about the wreck and to bring his truck. He was there Quickly cleaning up the bike and mess, called me and then met me over at the hospital.

We don't know how long he was there before help arrived!

Thank goodness my son is walking away from this accident! He does have a broken Collarbone and major road rash BUT he is alive!!!

Description of the man, A WHITE man in a work truck (tools, ladders in back) This man caused this accident and then LEFT my son there hurt and in the middle of the road!!!!

If ANYONE was driving by around this time and saw this truck pulled off and has a better description of the vehicle OR lives in the area and saw what happened or has ANY INFO please come forward!!!! Thank You!!
More info

Mackville, KY

#2 Mar 15, 2012
What color was the truck? What make & model? If you can provide that, I bet someone knows who it may be.
michelle

Bardstown, KY

#3 Mar 15, 2012
I'm so sorry to hear about your son, thank goodness he is walking away. My husband rides motorcycles too, and it scared me to death every time he leaves the driveway. Hopefully somebody will know who this driver is and turn him in to the police.

“Tell it like it is”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4 Mar 16, 2012
Have you gone to the houses in that stretch of road with your story, you might get a lead there.
Jennifer

Bardstown, KY

#5 Mar 17, 2012
Thank You for your posts.

My son had surgery this morning and is doing good.

He doesn't remember the make and model because it happened so fast and with shock and adrenaline I'm not sure. The friends at the sceen said he was shaken pretty good. He says it was a light color full size truck.

Thank you Col_TAS Great idea and also I am going to the paper to see if they will print the story.
Thanks so much and hope we can find this man!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
House for Rent 6 hr Currious 2
Taylora Schlosser steppin downg 11 hr jas 3
Rich Mitch McConnell is against raising minimum... 13 hr mother of 3 1
Springfield meth dealers caught in Harrodsburg 19 hr Huh 5
Kim Carr (Sep '13) Thu Billy Hooper 8
hot girls at mc ds (Dec '12) Thu truth be known 8
Steve hale Thu blahblahblah 5
Springfield Dating
Find my Match

Springfield Jobs