Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81678 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#73735 Oct 29, 2012
I don't think I've ever heard the wind "roar" through our trees here before. Tonight that's exactly what it's doing outside. And it's eerie. I don't like that sound when it's dark as pitch out there.
Blueminer

United States

#73736 Oct 29, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Blue, if you're still out there logged in, be safe and we'll send prayers your way.. Wish you were over here where all we're going to get is some snow and hefty winds. You check in and let us all know how you're fairing over there, ok?
I've got on a humongous pot of homemade vegetable soup cooking on the stove if anyone's hungry... Corn bread's going in the oven in about an hour. The Hope house is toasty warm and smells so fine right now. I feel bad that Blue is out there holed up in the cab of a semi, sitting all alone in a WalMart parking lot on this cold night....
Hello Nope. Well I took a nap, woke up and walmart was closed. So I'm sitting here listening to storm reports.

In the last hour I have seen about 15 of those blue/green and pink transformer flashes in the distance indicating new power outages.

This is my second hurricane type storm. The other was Hugo. And then there was the remnants of Ike.

Ike caught up w/me as I was driving across Ohio a couple years back. It tore up a lot of stuff way inland. Some of you probably remember when the remnants of Ike came through
Blueminer

United States

#73737 Oct 29, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just asking where she was as the character named Blueminer's Mama had not been on here. There is no need to call me ugly names, I will report this ugly treatment immediately. Please refrain from such unkind remarks
My mama never has been here and you know it. Ask me if I care if a phony like yourself reports anything! I do not put up fronts. Kma You are obviously fooling nobody but yourself. True to yourself you still come off w/the snide remarks then wawa when you get an appropriate response.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#73738 Oct 29, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>My mama never has been here and you know it. Ask me if I care if a phony like yourself reports anything! I do not put up fronts. Kma You are obviously fooling nobody but yourself. True to yourself you still come off w/the snide remarks then wawa when you get an appropriate response.
KMA? Not a very Christian thing to say. God bless you Blue and your mother as well.
Blueminer

United States

#73739 Oct 29, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
KMA? Not a very Christian thing to say. God bless you Blue and your mother as well.
I don't claim to be a Christian. However I don't claim to "believe" or just have "faith".
I know of God! The workings of our Father are difficult to miss.
Blueminer

United States

#73740 Oct 29, 2012
The biggest stories about this storm are gonna come out of New York.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#73741 Oct 29, 2012
I see now they are calling it a cyclone,, which honestly I did not know the difference between a hurricane and cyclone. Now I'm so much smarter, lol. At any rate, that sucker has a lot of rain it's going to dump on the easterners.

Location hidden

#73743 Oct 29, 2012
Yes. CBS has a special report on right now. The reporter is on the coast of NJ. Pretty amazing footage from today..

Location hidden

#73744 Oct 29, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
The biggest stories about this storm are gonna come out of New York.
Hi Blue. Glad you checked back in. You doing ok up there? Any more flashes from transformers?

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#73745 Oct 29, 2012
Are the BIRDS being affected by the weather again?
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#73746 Oct 29, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Nope. Well I took a nap, woke up and walmart was closed. So I'm sitting here listening to storm reports.
In the last hour I have seen about 15 of those blue/green and pink transformer flashes in the distance indicating new power outages.
This is my second hurricane type storm. The other was Hugo. And then there was the remnants of Ike.
Ike caught up w/me as I was driving across Ohio a couple years back. It tore up a lot of stuff way inland. Some of you probably remember when the remnants of Ike came through
I was in the area for Betsy in 1965 and later Camille (don't recall the year), then went to see the after effects of Katrina in Gulfport Mississippi and New Orleans. One of the most amazing things I have seen would be seashells piled up along side a chainlink fence over 3 miles inland.

Many people tend to shrug off hurricanes and tornadoes until they have actually been in one. Perspectives can soon change.

Location hidden

#73747 Oct 29, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in the area for Betsy in 1965 and later Camille (don't recall the year), then went to see the after effects of Katrina in Gulfport Mississippi and New Orleans. One of the most amazing things I have seen would be seashells piled up along side a chainlink fence over 3 miles inland.
Many people tend to shrug off hurricanes and tornadoes until they have actually been in one. Perspectives can soon change.
You said a mouthful there. You don't understand the sheer power that these storms bring until you've seen them in person. I agree with you 110%!
Blueminer

United States

#73749 Oct 29, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Blue. Glad you checked back in. You doing ok up there? Any more flashes from transformers?
Yep every four or five minutes I can see a flash somewhere. I just hope to be rollin early in the morn.

Location hidden

#73750 Oct 29, 2012
Millions are already without power in Jersey, and the worse they say is still 24 hours away as far as snowfall in West VA and eastern KY.. The snow is really piling up in the higher elevations right now.

I'm gonna make a quick phone call to check on a friend in West VA. Be back in a bit....
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#73751 Oct 29, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You said a mouthful there. You don't understand the sheer power that these storms bring until you've seen them in person. I agree with you 110%!
My entire neighborhood was devastated in the April 3, 1974 tornadoes. About 50 to 60 houses with nothing left but the foundations. My house stood right in the middle of all that and only had about $500 in damages. Makes one wonder?
Blueminer

United States

#73752 Oct 29, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Miss E, he's a real hateful beach.
Hateful beach trumps your pair of tiny raisins.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#73753 Oct 29, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Are the BIRDS being affected by the weather again?
They might be eating Humpaburns soot cakes. Hehehe. If they live through that junk they'll be ok.
Earlington, KY

#73756 Oct 29, 2012
Why is this still on here???

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#73758 Oct 29, 2012
Because no one asked to remove it the right way.
Maybe "pretty please" would work.
Maybe not.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#73759 Oct 29, 2012
Karma wrote:
Why is this still on here???
Because Karma is some of that Buddha foolishness. There is no Karma. Buddha is just a big old ugly fat rock statue idol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man indicted on murder charges in case of missi... 6 hr We Know 6
Jessica Tilley 13 hr Exxxxxxactly 2
Dustin Richardson Thu The truth 1
Black Nissan ext cab pickup with busted windshi... Jul 27 hola 2
Tasha wiser Jul 26 Alex 1
Kathy Boblett Jul 26 so be it 2
Why do wives walk out of marriage Jul 26 so be it 3

Springfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance