Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments (Page 1,641)

Showing posts 32,801 - 32,820 of47,070
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
bobby

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

ugly?

certainly.!

when the difference between marriage & friendship cannot be said in a single sentence, even when it is the same exact couple.
bobby

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

why not throw flames for an unnecessary comma?

yet stroking of character is my choice, since it is my half of the equation.
bobby

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

you could blame the website for not allowing italics, but i could disgrace you for not knowing me well enough to use capslock or quotations.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

I have to give Bobby props for being an equal opportunity offender. CDC would be so proud.
bobby

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

you rat traps function as if i am constantly crashing into a lower layer of NT society.

dont forget, societies are anarchy to that of civilization - simply because there was a creation put into existance other than civilization as a whole.

uniqueness & individuality can & does exist when civilization is without any form of society.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

marriage is the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife while friendship is a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard

see it is possible in one sentence

smile
jojo666

Eureka, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

wow good thing this country has nothing more to worry about than this!!!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

jojo666 wrote:
Equality is always a top priority.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

jojo666 wrote:
I would hope that the idiots who run our country have some ability to multi-task.

“Marriage Equality”

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
marriage is the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife while friendship is a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard
smile
Marriage is the social institution under which two consenting adults establish their decision to live as spouses.

See, I've made it even better.

As for friendships, you apparently have sex with your friends but the vast majority of us do not.

Always willing to help, Kuntmary.
bobby

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

i don't think i would choose the word institution, & i also don't think i would use the word under.

but furthermore, your black & white definition of two words is dry & pale compared to definition gathered from an existance of relationship.

i mean duh,
anybody can write two definitions with a comma seperating the two lines.

truth be told, your definitions can be held as negligence since the amount of detail is shallow.

when words cannot express the full emotional value entailed in the resolution of the definitive situation, life would & should seem dull or lite.

because the definition of institution itself shows the possible shallow opportunity that breaches into life to trim or hold weight dragging emotions down.
..this is the definition i enjoyed,
'a well-established and structured pattern of behavior or of relationships that is accepted as a fundamental part of a culture.'

simply because the wording says 'well-established'.. you miss the point of the word 'structured'
it has an S .. to further prove a point of problem, the next word is 'pattern'
it has a P

we all know structured patterns are something like gears, and we all know gears have teeth, so why is it difficult to realize those gears are locked into a 'pre-set'
because no floating is generally acceptable when using presets.

we see the words 'well established' and we think 'oh there is a long list of room to move about'
but the next two words..
the S is a maze
the P is Yahoo! for sticking the tongue out
yes, seriously, it can be viewed like a nightmare where people think they are going off into some secret carnival to enjoy a really rare experience (as if they were VIP) but when they get there, the S and the P kicks in as they realize their freedom is being shackled, causing them to question whether they are going to be murdered as they are being held hostage.

by your view,
in marriage, the persons cannot be 'attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard'
why? because the definitive has already been used to define friendship, and you can't use the definition twice expecting a difference.

but that is the problem with using labels to summarize resolution in the first place.
i see resolution as able to be definitive in & of itself.
little debbie

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

My mommies both love me very much. They kiss each other all the time. I have a crush on bobby.
Can't tell my mommies because I'm think they will get mad at me. I'm so confused.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KiMare wrote:
smile
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is the social institution under which two consenting adults establish their decision to live as spouses.
See, I've made it even better.
As for friendships, you apparently have sex with your friends but the vast majority of us do not.
Always willing to help, Kuntmary.
Statistically an increasingly large number of heterosexuals do, and even more homosexuals do.

As to your made up definition of marriage, this question;

If you call the tail on a dog a leg, what is it?

Marriage will always involve a man and woman, bride and groom, and husband and wife.

Oh, and hold the ponderous propensity for children.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

bobby wrote:
i don't think i would choose the word institution, & i also don't think i would use the word under.
but furthermore, your black & white definition of two words is dry & pale compared to definition gathered from an existance of relationship.
i mean duh,
anybody can write two definitions with a comma seperating the two lines.
truth be told, your definitions can be held as negligence since the amount of detail is shallow.
when words cannot express the full emotional value entailed in the resolution of the definitive situation, life would & should seem dull or lite.
because the definition of institution itself shows the possible shallow opportunity that breaches into life to trim or hold weight dragging emotions down.
..this is the definition i enjoyed,
'a well-established and structured pattern of behavior or of relationships that is accepted as a fundamental part of a culture.'
simply because the wording says 'well-established'.. you miss the point of the word 'structured'
it has an S .. to further prove a point of problem, the next word is 'pattern'
it has a P
we all know structured patterns are something like gears, and we all know gears have teeth, so why is it difficult to realize those gears are locked into a 'pre-set'
because no floating is generally acceptable when using presets.
we see the words 'well established' and we think 'oh there is a long list of room to move about'
but the next two words..
the S is a maze
the P is Yahoo! for sticking the tongue out
yes, seriously, it can be viewed like a nightmare where people think they are going off into some secret carnival to enjoy a really rare experience (as if they were VIP) but when they get there, the S and the P kicks in as they realize their freedom is being shackled, causing them to question whether they are going to be murdered as they are being held hostage.
by your view,
in marriage, the persons cannot be 'attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard'
why? because the definitive has already been used to define friendship, and you can't use the definition twice expecting a difference.
but that is the problem with using labels to summarize resolution in the first place.
i see resolution as able to be definitive in & of itself.
bobby

you said it couldn't be done

I did it and did it well

stop whining and i hope your life never depends on words as you use them because it won't go well

snicker

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

little debbie wrote:
My mommies both love me very much. They kiss each other all the time. I have a crush on bobby.
Can't tell my mommies because I'm think they will get mad at me. I'm so confused.
the real mommy loves you more than the pretend mommy

bobby doesn't like girls

smirk

“Marriage Equality”

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
bobby
you said it couldn't be done
I did it and did it well
stop whining and i hope your life never depends on words as you use them because it won't go well
snicker
Well then, Hunty, there's yet another thing you two have in common.
the REAL fact king

Brazil, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

little debbie wrote:
I will yank you for a cheeseburger today
the REAL fact king

Brazil, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

little debbie wrote:
get us pictures dumbass
bobby

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

how about an order of protection?

i said DIFFERENCE between the two in one line, as did you.

then you changed the word DIFFERENCE into DEFINITION.

lets look together:
difference
definition

see how the letters don't line up exactly together?

what you did was further add to humiliation and cruel punishment, as well as place shame upon yourself & your DNA structure.

“Marriage Equality”

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
the real mommy loves you more than the pretend mommy
bobby doesn't like girls
smirk
unless one of them is a blow up doll, they are both real mommies. once a douche bag, always a douche bag, Kuntmary.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 32,801 - 32,820 of47,070
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Springfield Discussions

Search the Springfield Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr It is Time 3,781
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 17 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,537
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) Sat Be kuel 505
Tax Day Demonstrations Ask for Graduated Tax Apr 17 BBishere2 1
Durbina s War Chest Swelling Apr 17 BBishere2 1
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Apr 16 Be kuel 1,808
IL Who do you support for Attorney General in Illi... (Oct '10) Apr 16 Be kuel 638
•••
•••
•••
Springfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Springfield Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Springfield People Search