In The Dark

Columbus, GA

#95 Jun 19, 2012
The local music scene is like a lawn in the dark. If someone doesn't warn you there is dog shit all over it you'll walk all in it and then you are in a mess. THE PEOPLE MUST BE WARNED OF THE LOCAL MUSIC SCENE.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#96 Jun 19, 2012
In The Dark wrote:
The local music scene is like a lawn in the dark. If someone doesn't warn you there is dog shit all over it you'll walk all in it and then you are in a mess. THE PEOPLE MUST BE WARNED OF THE LOCAL MUSIC SCENE.
Well, good luck with all that... heh.
Wait a second

Young Harris, GA

#97 Jun 20, 2012
There are some excellent, read; talented, musicians in the area who would like to make it, professionally. Sadly, they aim low, perhaps because they're afraid to take the chance, perhaps, and more likely, because they don't know (and aren't willing to find out) how to make it in the music business.

Still they dream of the fame they'd like to have as they perform before a scanty crowd for free or on karaoke night at a local watering hole!
These people

Columbus, GA

#98 Jun 20, 2012
These people, are commonly referred to as LOSERS.
Wait a second

Young Harris, GA

#99 Jun 20, 2012
These people wrote:
These people, are commonly referred to as LOSERS.
I disagree. It's a tough business and very competitive and not having the advantages a city can offer puts them at a serious disadvantage. The internet is proving to be a great platform for someone to be "noticed" but few know how to utilize it to it's fullest potential. Making a demo (or reel) and marketing it to the right people can be intimidating if you don't have the right background.

LOL! Computer geeks and creative types are at the opposite ends of the spectrum - and to succeed at anything these days requires a village.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#100 Jun 20, 2012
These people wrote:
These people, are commonly referred to as LOSERS.
Do you speak fro experience? Are you yourself a "Loser"?

You sure show the signs of being one, while hiding behind a fake name so you can pretend to be anything. Are you pretending to be a "Winner" today?

Guess what... it didn't work.

Anyway, follow the link below for a comprehensive overview of the local Columbus-Phenix City music scene with videos from local talent both young and old:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RusticViewer07/vi...

These videos can be viewed by Phenix City residents on East Alabama Cable-TV channel 7 throughout the days and nights... word is that there's discussion of a cable outfit on the Georgia side preparing to broadcast these on that side of the river as well in the near future
Nestor Luis Rivera

Westport, CT

#101 Jun 21, 2012
Dear Canton Geogia, what persige have been taken the Case of Joreli Rivera, Nunca hasido manorresta, does aparment they was Hell.Sincerely,Nestor Luis Rivera P.O Box 937 NOrwalk CT 06852

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#102 Jun 21, 2012
Wait a second wrote:
There are some excellent, read; talented, musicians in the area who would like to make it, professionally. Sadly, they aim low, perhaps because they're afraid to take the chance, perhaps, and more likely, because they don't know (and aren't willing to find out) how to make it in the music business.
Still they dream of the fame they'd like to have as they perform before a scanty crowd for free or on karaoke night at a local watering hole!
Thanks for the thoughtful post (though I'm not sure why you posted it it this thread supposedly about an Insurance Commissioner?) which unfortunately nails a lot of the troubles of being a performer in the Columbus-Phenix City area.
Wait a second

Young Harris, GA

#103 Jun 21, 2012
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the thoughtful post (though I'm not sure why you posted it it this thread supposedly about an Insurance Commissioner?) which unfortunately nails a lot of the troubles of being a performer in the Columbus-Phenix City area.
Just goin' with the flow! ;o)

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#104 Jun 21, 2012
Wait a second wrote:
<quoted text>
Just goin' with the flow! ;o)
True...

So, are you a local music performer, as I assume you might be?
Wait a second

Young Harris, GA

#105 Jun 21, 2012
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
True...
So, are you a local music performer, as I assume you might be?
No, I'm not. I was associated in no small way with the industry, directly and indirectly, and romantically ;o), for over thirty years.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#106 Jun 21, 2012
Wait a second wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not. I was associated in no small way with the industry, directly and indirectly, and romantically ;o), for over thirty years.
Hmmmmm... as Mr. Spock would say:

"Fascinating."
a voter

Lawrenceville, GA

#107 Jun 22, 2012
good quote

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#108 Jun 22, 2012
a voter wrote:
good quote
Heh... I was liking this one earlier today when "don't feed the trolls" was mentioned:

"Let them eat static." -Khan
Shane Bruce

Atlanta, GA

#111 Nov 20, 2012
Greetings All,

I'm absolutely astounded that this Topix post is still running even though the halcyon days of 2010 are well behind us. I must confess my ignorance of any and all things related to Del Ranch but hey, any place that has live music, crackers and water can't be all bad.

It is distressing to see several posts complaining about the deterioration of service at the Georgia Insurance Commissioner's office since the election of 2010. If you'd like to become more agitated drop by the old State ethics website and look at Ralph Hudgen's last financial filing. He's on the ballot in 2012 barring an act of god and you can look forward to 4 more years of service just like you're getting now.

maybe, just maybe it's time to get the hell out of republican/democrat politics. Maybe it's time to look Libertarian.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#113 Dec 11, 2012
Shane Bruce wrote:
Greetings All,
I'm absolutely astounded that this Topix post is still running even though the halcyon days of 2010 are well behind us. I must confess my ignorance of any and all things related to Del Ranch but hey, any place that has live music, crackers and water can't be all bad.
It is distressing to see several posts complaining about the deterioration of service at the Georgia Insurance Commissioner's office since the election of 2010. If you'd like to become more agitated drop by the old State ethics website and look at Ralph Hudgen's last financial filing. He's on the ballot in 2012 barring an act of god and you can look forward to 4 more years of service just like you're getting now.
maybe, just maybe it's time to get the hell out of republican/democrat politics. Maybe it's time to look Libertarian.
I agree with that, Shane... and am proud to say I voted for Gary Johnson for President this year, win or lose, he was still the best man for the job.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Jack

Saint Marys, GA

#114 Dec 11, 2012
So, you did not vote for Romney.
out and about

Youngstown, FL

#115 Dec 11, 2012
very few voted for romney, jack. thats whe he tucked his tail and ran!

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#116 Dec 11, 2012
Jack wrote:
So, you did not vote for Romney.
No, I found both Romney and Obama lacking, so I voted third party, for Johnson.

I've been around long enough and have seen enough to know the two parties are in cahoots, and neither wants to see a third party rise up and break their balance of terror.

I ubderstand the Democratic party works well for you and the Republican party works well for Chuck.

I find both to be lacking, ao to each his own I reckon.

As Gary Johnson himself says: "A wasted vote is voting for somebody you don't believe in and there were a lot of wasted votes tonight. There were more wasted votes tonight than I've ever seen. We all should be proud of ourselves because over the next four years none of us are gonna have to say we are responsible for this. I didn't vote for either one of 'em, I voted for Gary Johnson," Gary Johnson said.

The Third Party will grow as more and more Americans wake up and reject the two party monopoly of Republican-Democrat.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
rentalife

Savannah, GA

#117 Dec 15, 2012
will,i don't have a problem with third party candiates(or third or forth,for that matter)but the libertarians and anarchists idealogies seem just a little too close for comfort,for me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 11 min Oh my 56,655
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 4 hr tammy101 2,072
Christy Meyzger Mon Jenny 1
Sex Offender works for Culligan...in and out of... Sep 7 Lady Glock 5
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) Sep 5 faisha 186
TV, Internet and Phone (Nov '13) Aug '14 oking09 6
Sorry Neighbors (Mar '13) Aug '14 Lady Glock 4
Springfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Springfield Jobs

Springfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Springfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Springfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]