Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#17907 Jul 11, 2013
It is obvious that Obamas news media is trying to divide the races with the Zimmerman case. Of course it was to Obamas advantage before the election.
Now they are trying to divide Hispanics into races. They used the term "White Hispanic" to describe Zimmerman. I guess that means there are also black Hispanics.
The truth is they thought Zimmerman was white to start with and even said he was a member of the Tea Party. Oops, it was the wrong Zimmerman. Oh well, lets just make it up to serve our purposes. So we will say he is white even though he is Hispanic. Soon pictures were posted of Zimmerman and everyone thought , this guy isn't white as he looks Hispanic. So that is how George Zimmerman became a "White Hispanic".

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/...
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

#17908 Jul 11, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know alot about Obamacare as I stated, but you seem really passionate about warning people of the adverse effects of this unrepealable law. It has got me curious. Can you explain to me in simple terms, the high and lows of this health care reform law, and how it will affect the different age groups and classes? I personally think the idea of Obamacare is for people to have insurance, so they can go to the doctor and prevent major health problems. This over the long term would eventually make for a healthier public. Now, indigent people just hurt and wait till they can't stand it no more and go to the E.R. with no means to pay, and the government and hospitals foot the bill for their care. Don't they? In return the hospitals charge paying patients $40 for aspirin. I know to start off there is going to be an increase in healthcare insurance premiums, but eventually if the public becomes healthier, by getting preventable care, then these major health issues should decline. Ya think? In time premiums should stable out and after that decline, and if these hospitals aren't left holding the bag, then prices of treatment should decline as well. Like I said I don't have that much interest in this issue, because there are far more pressing issues at hand. Issues that could be the end of this great nation and could make or break Obamacare. Until these issues are resolved with our government. Obamacare will be low on my list of worries. I'm just curious as to if you can explain to me why I should hate Obamacare in your own words.:)
Great post.

It always comes back to the same simple facts.

If you carry insurance or pay taxes you currently pay for those who don't.

Nobody, even our Right Wing friends can dispute that.

Whether that's good or bad doesn't matter - it just is.

ObamaCare will, to greater or lessor extent, cause uninsured people to become insured.

Even out Right Wing friends don't dispute that - they only argue about it's imperfections.

So.....

Anyone who believes uninsured people should become insured people, whether by perfect or imperfect legislation, support ObamaCare.

Anyone who doesn't believe uninsured people should become insured people are against ObamaCare.

How simple can this be ?
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#17909 Jul 11, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with that is that the main stream media wouldn't report it. They are back in Protect Mode.
Surely you have determined THAT.
WOW! That means the good old days of Woodward & Bernstein and the Washington Post are gone too, huh. When did this happen. Obama is more powerful and tyrannical than Nixon was. Gimme a break!
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

#17910 Jul 11, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>He shall forever more be known as "ignored opinion".
Please,

My black lab recently ignored the CSPAN shows explaining the efficacy of surgical implantation of stents vis a vis other methodologies utilized to address arterial cardiac insufficiency.

That doesn't mean the information presented isn't accurate - that just means some information requires a level of intellectual
sophistication not available to all potential audiences.

But, here's the good news - my black lab enjoys many of yours and Syn's posts - he says their a little immature for his taste - but hey.. don't feel offended - he's a really smart dog.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#17911 Jul 11, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask the leftists such questions all the time, they never answer though. They just bob and weave, shuck and jive, deflect, deny, and when all else fails, attack.
+1

Hence, the clueless and uneducated moniker...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#17912 Jul 11, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>If it is accurate then I am confident that the mainstream media will pick up on it, I will take is more serious then.
If this poster thinks someone from the MSM will report negatively on something that impacts the current administration, well...
Who

Broken Arrow, OK

#17913 Jul 11, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post.
ObamaCare will, to greater or lessor extent, cause uninsured people to become insured.
Even out Right Wing friends don't dispute that - they only argue about it's imperfections.
So.....
Anyone who believes uninsured people should become insured people, whether by perfect or imperfect legislation, support ObamaCare.
Anyone who doesn't believe uninsured people should become insured people are against ObamaCare.
How simple can this be ?

Not as simple as you make it and not so simple even you can understand.

Fact is even Obama doesn't understand it, those who are trying to administer it don't understand it, the insurance companies don't understand it, and the public in general don't understand it.

All your post regarding Obamacare shows you don't know what it's going to cost, how it's going to affect those without insurance, how it's going to affect those with insurance, how it's going to affect tax revenue, and how it's going to affect the federal and State budgets.

In fact, you are like Pelosi WHO said "we don't know what's in it but we/re going to pass it."
And now that it has passed they still don't know what's in it, how to implement it, what the affect on the budget will be and how much taxes will need to be RAISED to fully implement it.

You believe your taxes will go down if those lazy sorry people buy Obamacare. You believe it is going to reduce medical care when those lazy sorry people buy Obamacare. You believe people will become healthier when those lazy sorry people buy Obamacare.

A lot of those lazy sorry people will not pay the high premiums and a lot of those lazy sorry people don't have the extra money to pay the premiums.

The pie in the sky called Obamacare is just a mirage, full of dung just waiting to drop on the American people.

jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#17914 Jul 11, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
If this poster thinks someone from the MSM will report negatively on something that impacts the current administration, well...
liberal press, liberal president, liberal senate. Now, if just get the wackos off the Supreme Court and get control of the House of Reps- then things will start to get better!

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#17915 Jul 11, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Well dammit now, I just hadn't thought about that! I guess that means we will have to rely on you wackos for all our information in the future, huh.
Yes. You left wing looneys don't offer up any reliable information.:)
Who

Broken Arrow, OK

#17916 Jul 11, 2013
"In response to a request from House Budget Committee Ranking Republican Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, the Congressional Budget Office [CBO] confirmed that President Obama’s massive health care law will increase prescription drug prices. The CBO confirms the range of onerous restrictions and requirements will drive health care costs up, at odds with the claims made by its proponents. CBO’s letter specifies that manufacturers will have an incentive to raise drug prices and that, as a result, health care costs will increase for some seniors and for those who are uninsured."

Location hidden

#17917 Jul 11, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know alot about Obamacare as I stated, but you seem really passionate about warning people of the adverse effects of this unrepealable law. It has got me curious. Can you explain to me in simple terms, the high and lows of this health care reform law, and how it will affect the different age groups and classes? I personally think the idea of Obamacare is for people to have insurance, so they can go to the doctor and prevent major health problems. This over the long term would eventually make for a healthier public. Now, indigent people just hurt and wait till they can't stand it no more and go to the E.R. with no means to pay, and the government and hospitals foot the bill for their care. Don't they? In return the hospitals charge paying patients $40 for aspirin. I know to start off there is going to be an increase in healthcare insurance premiums, but eventually if the public becomes healthier, by getting preventable care, then these major health issues should decline. Ya think? In time premiums should stable out and after that decline, and if these hospitals aren't left holding the bag, then prices of treatment should decline as well. Like I said I don't have that much interest in this issue, because there are far more pressing issues at hand. Issues that could be the end of this great nation and could make or break Obamacare. Until these issues are resolved with our government. Obamacare will be low on my list of worries. I'm just curious as to if you can explain to me why I should hate Obamacare in your own words.:)
lol Good try, OMTE. I, along with the other conservatives, have posted simple to understand articles and have tried to explain in simple terms what the pitfalls are. You have had access to that information. I can tell by the tone of your post that you aren't open to anything except that Obamacare is going to save the day. There ARE other pressing issues, however, Obamacare is just as important as the other issues, in my opinion. Actually, you can click on the link about Obamacare that I posted an hour or so ago and that will give you SOME information. I'm curious. How did you feel about this law being FORCED on us in the first place. No one (including CONGRESS) had read it. It was supposed to be published online for a lengthy amount of time(BEFORE it was passed) so that the American public could read it and become familiar with it. It WASN'T. That was another of Obama's blantant lies. He KNEW what would happen to it. It was pushed through rather clandestinely mainly because Obama wants to go down in history as being the Father of our socialized medicine. THAT is ALL he cares about. This law was forced on us and it will affect each and every one of us. I think everyone will agree that we needed healthcare reform, but this law is a DOG. As time passes, more and more people(some Dems included) are getting concerned. A majority of the American public DID NOT want it and now that number is larger. We don't have a choice now.
Who

Broken Arrow, OK

#17918 Jul 11, 2013
"How Much Does ObamaCare Cost The Average American?

The cost of ObamaCare plans depend on a number of factors including: the market your purchasing insurance in, your health status, the quality of the plan and your income, to name a few. Plans range from bare-bones "Bronze" plans to high-end "Platinum" plans. "Bronze" plans for individuals are expected to cost between $4,500 and $5,800 a year in 2016. But if you make less than 4 times the Federal poverty line ($11,170 in 2012), you’ll pay less by virtue of receiving tax credits. Someone making up to 133% of the FPL will get credits so that his net payment will be only 2% of income, while those making 300% to 400% of FPL will pay 9.5% of FPL.

Please note that while ObamaCare regulates insurance companies, you will still be purchasing private insurance (unless you choose to pay the penalty or are covered under Medicaid/Medicare)."

FPL = FEDERAL POVERTY LEVEL.

This from the mouth of the obamacare site.

"Subsidies for out-of-pocket costs, if you buy in your state's online marketplace Up to $28,763 for singles and Up to $58,564 family of 4."

$28K and $58K for subsidies??? Where is the hell is that money coming from???

http://obamacarefacts.com/costof-obamacare.ph...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#17919 Jul 11, 2013
OMTE wrote:
u don't know a lot about a lot of things.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#17920 Jul 11, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>WOW! That means the good old days of Woodward & Bernstein and the Washington Post are gone too, huh. When did this happen. Obama is more powerful and tyrannical than Nixon was. Gimme a break!
Obama makes Nixon look like Shirley Temple.

Location hidden

#17921 Jul 11, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post.
So.....
How simple can this be ?
I DID read this because I knew you would defend that dog of a law. The FOP must be the ONLY union that is still supporting Obama in regard to Obamacare. Ah, I digress.
Obamacare is NOT FUNDED. If the young and healthy decide they STILL don't want to become insured, they won't. They can pay a penality or just slip through the cracks. The poor will most likely get some type of voucher because they will STILL BE POOR and won't be able to pay for insurance. The rich won't care. They'll pay for THEIRS or figure out some loophole because they know how to do that. Okay. SOMEONE has to pay for Obamacare. Hmmmm.......wonder who? Do you honestly need help with that answer? As far as those with pre-existing conditions being able to get insurance, perhaps. It won't be an OPEN DOOR to everyone with pre-existing conditions. Again, THAT healthcare will be expensive. Hmmmmm.....wonder who will be picking up THAT tab? The rich won't. The poor can't. Ummmm.....let's see. Who will pay for THAT? Care to guess?
You looney libs have NO CLUE about this debacle.

Location hidden

#17922 Jul 11, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>WOW! That means the good old days of Woodward & Bernstein and the Washington Post are gone too, huh. When did this happen. Obama is more powerful and tyrannical than Nixon was. Gimme a break!
So, you are saying that the main stream media ISN'T left wing bias???????? Seriously?
It's really a waste of time to try and get you libs to hear anything other than the Koolaid rhetoric. Never seen anything like it. Hope I never will again.

As far as your reference to the Nixon era....this is a whole different ballgame than those days. This media built Obama up to be something that he obviously isn't and they intend to protect their "baby". You give ME a break.

Location hidden

#17923 Jul 11, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>liberal press, liberal president, liberal senate. Now, if just get the wackos off the Supreme Court and get control of the House of Reps- then things will start to get better!
I would expect as much from you.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#17924 Jul 11, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama makes Nixon look like Shirley Temple.
He hasn't been forced to resign in shame yet(Nixon= the only U.S. president to ever have to do that).You can save the post, I know, it is just because the liberal press loves him so much.
OMTE

Ford City, PA

#17925 Jul 11, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
lol Good try, OMTE. I, along with the other conservatives, have posted simple to understand articles and have tried to explain in simple terms what the pitfalls are. You have had access to that information. I can tell by the tone of your post that you aren't open to anything except that Obamacare is going to save the day. There ARE other pressing issues, however, Obamacare is just as important as the other issues, in my opinion. Actually, you can click on the link about Obamacare that I posted an hour or so ago and that will give you SOME information. I'm curious. How did you feel about this law being FORCED on us in the first place. No one (including CONGRESS) had read it. It was supposed to be published online for a lengthy amount of time(BEFORE it was passed) so that the American public could read it and become familiar with it. It WASN'T. That was another of Obama's blantant lies. He KNEW what would happen to it. It was pushed through rather clandestinely mainly because Obama wants to go down in history as being the Father of our socialized medicine. THAT is ALL he cares about. This law was forced on us and it will affect each and every one of us. I think everyone will agree that we needed healthcare reform, but this law is a DOG. As time passes, more and more people(some Dems included) are getting concerned. A majority of the American public DID NOT want it and now that number is larger. We don't have a choice now.
I skip them posts because of my lack of interest in Obamacare. If you didn't want to give me an answer in your own words, then all all you had to say was no. I was not sayin that I agreed or disagreed with Idea of Obamacare. I was simply stating what I gathered from my limited knowledge of Obamacare of what the plus side of Obamacare was and how it was explained to me. That Obamacare is a long term health care reform plan that will have to be ammended over time to work out the kinks. Why doesn't Congress stop trying to repeal it all together and get to work on ironing out the kinks?
Now as for it being shoved down our throats I wouldn't know about that. I just don't have any knowledge on that to comment on it either way. I do and have said in previous posts that I believed Obamacare was self serving for Obama to seal his name in the history books. That he could have accomplished so much more in his two terms as POTUSA if he would have offered up Obamacare as an olive branch to the far right winger and let the bill die. No bill or law is worth dividing this country in half. Our government is broken and divided. We are payin these men in Washington to do nothing but bicker and argue. While they decide what's best for the american people in back room meetings and what you get is a bill that is too comprehensive, that no one understands enough to dispute it in a manner to out do Obama's speeches. So you get people that are clueless to what's going on and do choose sides based on speeches and misguided trust of their party. While everybody in the Republican party are looking for scandals to make the news. The real issues are being overlooked and any legit mistakes, are filed in with the ridiculus witch hunt that has taken place this year. Oh and if I wanted to spend all day reading links that you provide, then there would be no time to talk to you.:) I was really just wanting to see if you could objectively look at the ups and downs of a flawed bill and give and honest opinion based on facts, in your own words. Guess not. That is why conservatives are loosing their foot hold in America and that reason is you all sound the same. Most sound like a recording of Bush. ;(

Location hidden

#17926 Jul 11, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>I skip them posts because of my lack of interest in Obamacare. That is why conservatives are loosing their foot hold in America and that reason is you all sound the same. Most sound like a recording of Bush. ;(
Soooooo, you've not read ANY of the posts that have been going back and forth for a looooong time????? Okay. How about reading the post I posted a little while ago questioning WHO is going to pay for Obamacare. THAT is a legitimate post. I explained that the young and healthy are going to be expected to sign up for insurance and pay for the rest of us. Do YOU think that is going to happen? Statistically, the young and healthy DON'T insure themselves. They either can't afford it OR they don't think it's important because they are young and healthy. The Obama admin has for the past few weeks been trying to get professional athletes to make commericals telling the young and healthy to sign up for insurance. The athletes coundn't run away from that fast enough. That isn't working, so far. That should give you a peek into how messed up that law is. Everything I posted about the bill being forced on us is 100% true. I think most people were open to healthcare reform, but when they realized(and it was too late) that the bill had already been signed into law before any of us were given the opportunity to read it, that's when the trust started going down the tube. Congress admitted it hadn't even read the bill. Remember Pelosi's brilliant line, "We have to pass the bill to know what's in it."? It's unimaginable to realize that we are now STUCK with a law that will affect us tremendously that no one had read. Obama intended to pass that law and he didn't care if we wanted it or not. Now the chickens are coming home to roost and Obama is scrambling. The middle class is going to get s-c-r-e-w-e-d BIG TIME. WE will be funding Obamacare. As far as ALL people with pre-existing conditions being insured, depends on how much they are willing to pay and the pre-existing condition. Again, "someone" has to pay for that insurance. I am assuming you understand the dilemma the business owners with 50 or more employees are facing, right? If not, let me know.
Now, Obama assured us all that if we were happy with our current insurance, we would be able to keep it. Another lie. The various insurance providers are NOT on board with Obamacare. On a personal level, my costs are already going up. A few days ago I posted about talking with a girl that is currently in nursing school. I commented that she had chosen a profession that was in demand. She said that they were being informed that due to Obamacare, instead of having one nurse for every three patients, there would be one nurse for every NINE patients. She is worried that she might not get a job. Think about it. ONE nurse for every NINE patients. That level of care is concerning. The libs on Topix accused me of making it up. With the addition of everyone "supposedly" being insured, it stands to reason that seeing a doctor will be very difficult. I'm healthy, but when I've called to make annual appointments, many times I have been told in order to get in sooner than perhaps a couple of weeks or more, I would have to see the PA. The PA's are pretty good, but they aren't doctors. Also, senior citizens will be put on the back burner and anyone who says they won't are either blantantly lying or delusional. Seniors won't be approved for various surgeries due to their remaining lifespan. As Obama so eloquently said, "In some cases, it will just be better for you to go home and be comfortable."(Although I used quotation marks, those aren't his EXACT words, but the meaning is there.) I have already had to delete most of your post to fit this in. How about explaining YOUR last sentence about us all sounding like Bush.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News More than 100 Savannah-Chatham police officers ... Jun '15 codygliss 1
News Court date set for Rincon chief's traffic charges May '15 pepper23 1
Best Chinese in Pooler May '15 JMHS 1
pooler May '15 bg 2
News Pooler Council denies vapor shops' request for ... Mar '15 Schmones 1
News Tybee councilman proposes beach smoking ban (Jan '15) Feb '15 YOU STINK 9
Rincon Community Yard Sale (Jan '15) Jan '15 Anonymous 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springfield Mortgages