Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#16589 Jun 26, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
A Man for All Seasons

SIR THOMAS MORE
Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned 'round on you, where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is planted thick with laws, from coast to coast, Man's laws, not God's! And if you cut them down, and you're just the man to do it, do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Yep, one of my favorites.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_More (Thomas_More)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Man_for_All_Se... (A_Man_for_All_Seasons)
A Man For All Seasons is a play by Robert Bolt. An early form of the play had been written for BBC Radio in 1954, and a one-hour live television version starring Bernard Hepton was produced in 1957 by the BBC,[1] but after Bolt's success with The Flowering Cherry, he reworked it for the stage.

It was first performed in London opening at the Globe Theatre (now Gielgud Theatre) on 1 July 1960. It later found its way to Broadway, enjoying a critically and commercially successful run of over a year. It has had several revivals, and was subsequently made into a multi-Academy Award winning 1966 feature film and a 1988 television movie.

The plot is based on the true story of Sir Thomas More, the 16th-century Chancellor of England, who refused to endorse King Henry VIII's wish to divorce his aging wife Catherine of Aragon, who could not bear him a son, so that he could marry Anne Boleyn, the sister of his former mistress. The play portrays More as a man of principle, envied by rivals such as Thomas Cromwell and loved by the common people and by his family.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#16590 Jun 26, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Look lady. I have had some differences with IO and others on the left and I told then exactly how I felt about it. I don't just go along with anything the Libs spew out. Ya'll on the other hand will pat each other on the a$$ and it don't matter how stupid you republican buddies sound. Like that doofus bill. You both bein as smart as you and Syn are should never defend a moron like that. Neither one of you said anything against what you special friend Dave said about the Earth making new Oil 24/7. OMG. The republican party is even coming to their senses somewhat and distancing themselves from crazies like him and dumb chicks like DZ. My advice to ya'll is to do the same. They make ya'll look bad. Just sayin.
Don't criticize Aggie for something that I said. Just because you are closed minded and are not open to new theories and ideas mean nothing to me, and my ideas may mean nothing to her. Just because I am a conservative doesn't mean we all have the same identical ideas and thoughts. Many of the conservatives on this site are Republicans. Some such as myself are not.
We do all share a common bond of political conservatism. That is where the truth lies. We do not all share the same ideas of which car to drive or what soap to buy. If oil is abiotic or not is something that we do not share as a common interest and something that most people have never heard of. Most people do not care.
Funny you don't praise me when I say I am not in love or find faults with the Republican Party.
Synergy, which I think is a Republican, often has critical comments about the Republican party or it's candidates. We are being honest and we use facts to put our thoughts together, good or bad. We don't just spout the party line. It is what it is.
We stick together because we are political conservatives, regardless if one of us drives a Corvette, Smart Car, or rides a bicycle.
If the Republican party keeps moving left there will be no more need for the Republican Party. We can just vote Democratic as they will both be the exact same. I guess that is what you want. Just one party instead of one party disguised as a two party system. This is just MHO about the parties, but what difference does it make anyway? I am sure that some of my conservative friends do not agree with me on that statement and that is fine with me. Again we are all conservatives but are honest enough to have individual views on things.You can make fun of me, but they may find my statement unworthy to comment on. It doesn't mean that they approve or disapprove. They might say something to me. who knows?
Never blame anyone else for anything that I say as I have a habit of thinking outside the box and I always have. I apologize to no one for that.

Douglasville, GA

#16591 Jun 26, 2013
Synergy wrote:
Disregard post 16587. This should explain what I meant.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/25/opinion/snowden...
Excellent article and it pretty well covers that topic.

Douglasville, GA

#16592 Jun 26, 2013
I know that facts and truth will not matter to some of you as you read this article. I only posted it as I think you readers should be ready to open up your wallets because of Obamas new interest in so called climate change.
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/julia-seymour/20...
OMTE

Ford City, PA

#16593 Jun 26, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't criticize Aggie for something that I said. Just because you are closed minded and are not open to new theories and ideas mean nothing to me, and my ideas may mean nothing to her. Just because I am a conservative doesn't mean we all have the same identical ideas and thoughts. Many of the conservatives on this site are Republicans. Some such as myself are not.
We do all share a common bond of political conservatism. That is where the truth lies. We do not all share the same ideas of which car to drive or what soap to buy. If oil is abiotic or not is something that we do not share as a common interest and something that most people have never heard of. Most people do not care.
Funny you don't praise me when I say I am not in love or find faults with the Republican Party.
Synergy, which I think is a Republican, often has critical comments about the Republican party or it's candidates. We are being honest and we use facts to put our thoughts together, good or bad. We don't just spout the party line. It is what it is.
We stick together because we are political conservatives, regardless if one of us drives a Corvette, Smart Car, or rides a bicycle.
If the Republican party keeps moving left there will be no more need for the Republican Party. We can just vote Democratic as they will both be the exact same. I guess that is what you want. Just one party instead of one party disguised as a two party system. This is just MHO about the parties, but what difference does it make anyway? I am sure that some of my conservative friends do not agree with me on that statement and that is fine with me. Again we are all conservatives but are honest enough to have individual views on things.You can make fun of me, but they may find my statement unworthy to comment on. It doesn't mean that they approve or disapprove. They might say something to me. who knows?
Never blame anyone else for anything that I say as I have a habit of thinking outside the box and I always have. I apologize to no one for that.
First off, Moses you don't tell me what to do. Secondly, if they are going to criticize others on this this thread for being a complete and pathetic moron like yourself; then they need to criticize you as well when you're makin an a$$ out of yourself. They think you're stupid, as I do, but you're one of their "friends", so you get a pass. I was not critcizing Ag. I like Ag. She is the most brilliant holy roller I know. I was givin her advice to make herself more credible to the opposing "team" by tellin her to blast your stupid a$$ and not be part of your coudle. You are dumb republican that is embarassed by your party so you call yourself a "conservative". Yet you don't want to CONSERVE our oil. Are you seein the how stupid you sound? I do. Oh if I reply to Ag; why dont you let her reply to me? She will do so in her own time and she sure doesn't need a dummy like you to do it for her. Thank I'm outtta here.

Douglasville, GA

#16594 Jun 26, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>First off, Moses you don't tell me what to do. Secondly, if they are going to criticize others on this this thread for being a complete and pathetic moron like yourself; then they need to criticize you as well when you're makin an a$$ out of yourself. They think you're stupid, as I do, but you're one of their "friends", so you get a pass. I was not critcizing Ag. I like Ag. She is the most brilliant holy roller I know. I was givin her advice to make herself more credible to the opposing "team" by tellin her to blast your stupid a$$ and not be part of your coudle. You are dumb republican that is embarassed by your party so you call yourself a "conservative". Yet you don't want to CONSERVE our oil. Are you seein the how stupid you sound? I do. Oh if I reply to Ag; why dont you let her reply to me? She will do so in her own time and she sure doesn't need a dummy like you to do it for her. Thank I'm outtta here.
Aggie can reply to you any time she wants to. Nothing stopping her. I am not answering for her and she might not even agree with me I don't know.
She might value your opinion of her about as much as I value your opinion of me. That is a big fat zero my man. I am sorry that you are so ignorant and such a narcissus. All you want to do is stir up trouble and try to belittle others by calling them childish names. I guess that gets you the attention that you so badly crave.
OMTE

Ford City, PA

#16595 Jun 26, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Aggie can reply to you any time she wants to. Nothing stopping her. I am not answering for her and she might not even agree with me I don't know.
She might value your opinion of her about as much as I value your opinion of me. That is a big fat zero my man. I am sorry that you are so ignorant and such a narcissus. All you want to do is stir up trouble and try to belittle others by calling them childish names. I guess that gets you the attention that you so badly crave.
LoL. WoW. You're a loser Mr Bigdummy1. Chicknbutt was right about you tinfoil hat man. You are majorly pathetic and stupid too boot. Don't talk to me no more. Please?
Sick Puppy

Saint Marys, GA

#16596 Jun 26, 2013
Anyone not from Washington or ever been there. The entire bunch needs to go away. Need new blood to fill congress and senate.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

#16597 Jun 26, 2013
Sick Puppy wrote:
Anyone not from Washington or ever been there. The entire bunch needs to go away. Need new blood to fill congress and senate.
Paul Broun 2014.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#16598 Jun 26, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Time will tell. I do know that under the single payer system that one was not allowed to pay for their own private medical care. I think you and all the other progressives are going to be shocked with the decline in medical care that you are going to receive.
If I understand what you are referring to, Section 4507 of the Balanced Budget Act of 1997 made it unallowable for a patient to privately pay for something that Medicare would cover. If the physician did allow the patient to pay privately for whatever reason - privacy (they didn't want to report a potentially embarrassing condition, i.e. a venereal disease) or a new treatment that was not yet approved - the physician could lose ALL Medicare payments for two years. So if Patient X had a condition for which there was an approved treatment and there was a new unapproved treatment - the patient COULD NOT decide they wanted the new treatment and choose to pay for it himself.

That is my understanding of it. I stand to be corrected if it is wrong. But I see no reason to think that if the govt can do that with the Medicare program, it can and eventually will do the same with Obamacare if it not repealed or drastically amended. And once too many physicians are opting out of Obamacare, why is it not reasonable to then thing the govt will take away the opt out option?

The following is the contract for physicians to "opt out" of the Medicare program.
http://www.cahabagba.com/part-b/enrollment-2/...

Location hidden

#16599 Jun 26, 2013
^^^^ "to then think"
Who

Broken Arrow, OK

#16600 Jun 26, 2013

"Obama: I won’t make churches conduct gay marriages."

That's mighty white of Obama.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-i-wont-ma...

Location hidden

#16601 Jun 26, 2013
billybob wrote:
<quoted text>
Those pesky fact always tend to tie the tongues of folks like you. Why don't you OPEN your mind to the truth, you can still hate the current President and the party he represents, just don't lie about it. You didn't refute one statement, you can't. So go off in the corner and play with yourself, or better yet just go away.
"folks like" us do not "hate the current President and the party he represents" - we hate the policies Obama and the Dems are ramming down the throat of this country (too often with the help of wishy washy Republicans). We see that those policies are detrimental to this country and to the freedoms upon which this country was founded.

As far as refuting your statements, if others are like me, they started to and realized "what is the point?" When someone starts out with statements like the following:

" you are not being spied on unless you are considered a possible threat to national security,"
" You got something to hide you need to be worried, if you don't who cares what you do, nobody.. "
"In the news today the fact that the IRS has also done the same to liberal groups that its being crucified for doing conservative to groups. Its called doing their JOB"

We realize you are so brainwashed that no number of facts could possibly make you see reality or see the danger in a government that targets a group for "criticizing the government." (IG report on the IRS targeting of Tea Party groups)
Who

Broken Arrow, OK

#16602 Jun 26, 2013
"National Cathedral Rings Bells to Cheer Gay Marriage."

Obama won't have to make Churches marry gays.
These Churches seem overjoyed at the prospect.

"Bells also rang at other Episcopal, Methodist, Presbyterian, Unitarian and other Christian churches."

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/06/26/nat...
Who

Broken Arrow, OK

#16603 Jun 26, 2013
Here's a pic of a gay couple.

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/ublnhJePG89...

“Marble Man”

Dallas, GA

#16604 Jun 26, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
"folks like" us do not "hate the current President and the party he represents" - we hate the policies Obama and the Dems are ramming down the throat of this country (too often with the help of wishy washy Republicans). We see that those policies are detrimental to this country and to the freedoms upon which this country was founded.
As far as refuting your statements, if others are like me, they started to and realized "what is the point?" When someone starts out with statements like the following:
" you are not being spied on unless you are considered a possible threat to national security,"
" You got something to hide you need to be worried, if you don't who cares what you do, nobody.. "
"In the news today the fact that the IRS has also done the same to liberal groups that its being crucified for doing conservative to groups. Its called doing their JOB"
We realize you are so brainwashed that no number of facts could possibly make you see reality or see the danger in a government that targets a group for "criticizing the government." (IG report on the IRS targeting of Tea Party groups)
We especially hate the fact that government schools have churned out out a clueless and uneducated citizenship, that cannot see that they are being used by the very people they elected.

Location hidden

#16605 Jun 26, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
I know that facts and truth will not matter to some of you as you read this article. I only posted it as I think you readers should be ready to open up your wallets because of Obamas new interest in so called climate change.
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/julia-seymour/20...
Can't imagine why the networks don't mention the "climate warming lull" - maybe because it neither fits their narrative nor helps advance the agenda of the climate change alarmists? Thanks for sharing.

Location hidden

#16607 Jun 26, 2013
Who wrote:
"Obama: I won’t make churches conduct gay marriages."
That's mighty white of Obama.
http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-i-wont-ma...
Yeah, sure he won't. The link below gives examples of the contortions Obama has gone through over the gay marriage issue. Let's just wait until gay couples start being denied the use of churches for gay wedding ceremonies. How fast do you think Obama's Justice Department will start bringing the hammer down?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/05/...

“Marble Man”

Dallas, GA

#16608 Jun 26, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, sure he won't. The link below gives examples of the contortions Obama has gone through over the gay marriage issue. Let's just wait until gay couples start being denied the use of churches for gay wedding ceremonies. How fast do you think Obama's Justice Department will start bringing the hammer down?
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/05/...
They'll start by using the IRS as a weapon to challenge their tax exempt status.

Location hidden

#16609 Jun 26, 2013
@BigDave
Actually I thought the questions you raised about renewable fossil fuels were interesting and I looked up some articles. I just don't know enough about it to have an opinion on it. That is one of the reasons I like Topix, when people behave and don't act like they're back in Middle School, subjects can be brought up that hopefully invite people to do a little research and learn something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tybee councilman proposes beach smoking ban 6 hr Neutral Observer 7
Rincon Community Yard Sale Jan 21 monarchenergy 1
Heidt Murders (Nov '08) Jan 19 my jeeze 6
Review: Williams Carpet Cleaning Nov '14 tommy f 1
Blanket drive to benefit area animal shelters Oct '14 Tonya 1
Christy Meyzger Sep '14 Cathy 2
Sex Offender works for Culligan...in and out of... (Apr '14) Sep '14 Lady Glock 5
Springfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Springfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:15 am PST

ESPN 8:15AM
Jaguars hire Greg Olson as O-coordinator
Bleacher Report10:45 AM