Since: Jul 12

Villa Rica, GA

#5577 Apr 1, 2013
Doo wrote:
This is like Fox News!
We are better than Fox News! We really tell it like it is.

Villa Rica, GA

#5578 Apr 1, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep telling yourself that.
Those of us paying the AMT always love to hear from Right Wingers how "they" support the country, and those if us writing the checks are selfish for even asking them to throw their money in the pot.
The biggest contribution to the tax base Right Wingers provide is when they're forced to pay a gasoline tax to drive to their rallies, where they whine like little babies that someone wants them to pay taxes or pull their own weight.
Right Wingers support their country- as long as they aren't required to pay their share or actually fight in their idiotic wars.
You know, maybe Right Wingers will show us all how they support personal responsibility - by buying medical- insurance instead of making me pay their medical bills - hey, it's only for a few years - until they get their government Social Security checks and their government medical care, and their government prescription drugs.
Wait, they're Right Wingers - they only demand support from the government - they never actually contribute to the cause.
It is hard to believe that you keep saying the same things over and over. Your like a parrot. The problem is that you make no sense and your b.s. is so full of holes. You have been given factual information and you just disregard it and keep spewing out more crap. You are a real piece of work.
We just covered the same thing a day ago but you never stop. You just start it all over again hoping that someone will side with you and your far out ideas. I said ideas, not facts.
I am not going through all of this again. Not today anyway.

Villa Rica, GA

#5579 Apr 1, 2013
uninformed opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
u really r that stupid. Didn't think it was possible. Maybe it's an April Fool joke.
I have come to the opinion that Informed Opinion is just trying to stir the pot. Nobody could honestly believe most of the things that he says. Not even him. This guy is just trying to wring out a dry rag.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#5580 Apr 1, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope they do. I'd enjoy seeing the Reps get their butt handed to them on an even bigger scale than the last election.
What you fail to realize is that while YOU may want to pursue insane policy, most Americans are just as sick as can be of the Republican record from the last 12 years. And those silly Republicans just keep on making things worse for themselves with their insanity and crazy agenda that benefits NO-ONE in the middle-class.
MORE interesting information about the consequences of Obamacare. Mitch Mcconnell IS a republican, so I KNOW you won't want to believe it, but he quoted some legitimate sources. If you libs don't wake up soon, our country is going to be in a hopeless situation. It probably already is, but at least you'll understand why.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/03...

Location hidden

#5581 Apr 1, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is hard to believe that you keep saying the same things over and over. Your like a parrot. The problem is that you make no sense and your b.s. is so full of holes. You have been given factual information and you just disregard it and keep spewing out more crap. You are a real piece of work.
We just covered the same thing a day ago but you never stop. You just start it all over again hoping that someone will side with you and your far out ideas. I said ideas, not facts.
Astounding, isn't it? He will go down with the ship swearing that he was right. Pitiful.

Villa Rica, GA

#5582 Apr 1, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, I would donate to, and vote for a "real" Conservative in a minute.
A "real" Conservative, like Teddy Roosevelt, or Dwight Eisenhower.
One who'll:
- break up the investment banks,
- break up the oil companies,
- won't bankrupt us with illegal idiotic wars,
- won't double or triple the debt,
- won't turn a budget surplus into a Trillion Dollar deficit;
- won't kill out troops starting wars to get re-elected,
- send employers who hire illegals to jail,
- raise taxes on the rich,
- cut taxes for the middle class,
- increase the inheritance tax to 75% to stop the creation of the greatest income disparity in the history of the modern world,
- pay whatever it costs to make public schools competitive with the rest of the world,
- cut the bloated War Department budget
- provide Medicare for all Americans.
Wow - a "real" conservative - now that's exciting.( watch it "Bored" - I don't mean it that way).
I am now laughing. You guys see what I mean? He is not for real. This guy is just amusing us and himself.

Location hidden

#5583 Apr 1, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how many times I have asked one of the libs to list what Obama has ACTUALLY DONE for the middle class. No takers, so far. Surprise!
domino

Brooks, GA

#5584 Apr 1, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
FUNNY post. You should take your act on the road. What is the conservative share? Give me a percentage or a number.
SO! There are NO conservatives in the military? See how absolutely consumed with ignorance you are?
Your entire post is just more of your
nonsense. Typical moocher nonsense.
That is so unreal. He has just proven to everyone here that he knows nothing what so ever about the military. Most are Republicans. Democrats are too afraid to fight. Go to Camp Pendleton in California and allow him to spew his crap and I guarantee a Marine will see that he carries his teeth out in his hand.
Bored

Commerce, GA

#5585 Apr 2, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Astounding, isn't it? He will go down with the ship swearing that he was right. Pitiful.
He thrives on pity parties and like to play patty cake with dufus.
Doo

Dalton, GA

#5586 Apr 2, 2013
You guys are just sore losers. Obama won like it or not. If it were done all over again he would win again today. Why? Because he is always two steps ahead of the compitition. He knows their moves long before they realize he is on to them. That's why he always wins. Republicans have no viable contenders for the White House. Face it!

Location hidden

#5587 Apr 2, 2013
Doo wrote:
You guys are just sore losers. Obama won like it or not. If it were done all over again he would win again today. Why? Because he is always two steps ahead of the compitition. He knows their moves long before they realize he is on to them. That's why he always wins. Republicans have no viable contenders for the White House. Face it!
Obama is nothing more than a social experiment. How many times am I going to have to point that out????
He is always two steps ahead of the competition? WHAT competition? He didn't know his tail from thrid base when he got elected the first time and he STILL won. He didn't have viable competition and that was by design.
Obama won the presidency just like he "won" the Nobel Prize for Peace. It was handed to him for doing nothing but showing up. Now! YOU need to face THAT.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#5588 Apr 2, 2013
Bored wrote:
Median family income under Bush II went from $50k to $56k while he was in office.

Median family income has gone from $56k under Obama to what it is today,$50.

Obama has wiped out every improvement Bush made for the average worker.
Somebody should tell the economists that. All recognized economists say it dropped.

But don't take my word for it.

Here are the facts about middle class incomes in the Bush years:

For the first time since at least World War II, middle-class families finished the first decade of the 21st century poorer and with lower incomes than they had 10 years earlier.
... according to a study out Wednesday by the Pew Research Center's Social and Demographic Trends project.
... Median household income dropped nearly $3,500 for a three-person middle-class household, to $69,487 a year, after adjusting for inflation, the Pew study said. The median household's net worth dropped 28% to $93,150. Incomes have dropped since 2000,
..."That the middle class always enjoys a rising standard of living is part of America's sense of itself, and it has always been true — until now," Taylor said in an interview, describing the 2000s as a "lost decade" for the middle class.
... The middle class grew smaller, poorer and more pessimistic during the decade, Pew said after analyzing both its own polling data and a raft of government and private economic reports. The results show even a weakening of Americans' traditional faith that their children will be better off than their parents...
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#5589 Apr 2, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody should tell the economists that. All recognized economists say it dropped.

But don't take my word for it.

Here are the facts about middle class incomes in the Bush years:

For the first time since at least World War II, middle-class families finished the first decade of the 21st century poorer and with lower incomes than they had 10 years earlier.
... according to a study out Wednesday by the Pew Research Center's Social and Demographic Trends project.
... Median household income dropped nearly $3,500 for a three-person middle-class household, to $69,487 a year, after adjusting for inflation, the Pew study said. The median household's net worth dropped 28% to $93,150. Incomes have dropped since 2000,
..."That the middle class always enjoys a rising standard of living is part of America's sense of itself, and it has always been true — until now," Taylor said in an interview, describing the 2000s as a "lost decade" for the middle class.
... The middle class grew smaller, poorer and more pessimistic during the decade, Pew said after analyzing both its own polling data and a raft of government and private economic reports. The results show even a weakening of Americans' traditional faith that their children will be better off than their parents...
Here's a different source - same facts:

September 27, 2010 01:00 PM
Americans' Incomes Sank After Bush Tax Cuts

Bush's was the worst eight-year economic record of any modern president.
... by 2007 the U.S. reached levels of income inequality not since 1929. And now, it turns out, Americans' incomes dropped ominously after the tax cuts Bush bragged "meant people had more money in their pocket."

... Just days after the Census Bureau reported a jump in poverty during even before the start of the December 2007 Bush recession, Johnston reported, "Total income was $2.74 trillion less during the eight Bush years than if incomes had stayed at 2000 levels."

... Even if we limit the analysis by starting in 2003, when the dividend and capital gains tax cuts began, through the peak year of 2007, the result is still less income than at the 2000 level. Total income was down $951 billion during those four years.

Average incomes fell.

Average taxpayer income was down $3,512, or 5.7 percent, in 2008 compared with 2000, President Bush's own benchmark year for his promises of prosperity through tax cuts.

... And to be sure, the Bush tax cuts which have already drained the Treasury of $2.3 trillion were a major contributor to the record U.S. income gap:

In only two of the eight Bush years, 2006 and 2007, were average incomes higher than in 2000, but the gains were highly concentrated at the top. Of the total increase in income in 2007 over that in 2005, nearly 30 percent went to taxpayers who made $1 million or more...

One of every eight dollars of the tax cuts went to the 1 in 1,000 taxpayers in the top tenth of 1 percent, the annual threshold for which was in the $2 million range throughout the last administration.

Right Wingers love to rewrite history to wipe out the memories of their repeated debacles - sadly - they usually succeed in getting us to forget.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#5590 Apr 2, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>Here's a different source - same facts:

... by 2007 the U.S. reached levels of income inequality not since 1929. And now, it turns out, Americans' incomes dropped ominously after the tax cuts Bush bragged "meant people had more money in their pocket."

Average incomes fell.

Average taxpayer income was down $3,512, or 5.7 percent, in 2008 compared with 2000, President Bush's own benchmark year for his promises of prosperity through tax cuts.

Right Wingers love to rewrite history to wipe out the memories of their repeated debacles - sadly - they usually succeed in getting us to forget.
Need more proof ?

Closing The Book On The Bush Legacy
RONALD BROWNSTEINSEP 11 2009, 10:41 AM ET

Thursday's annual Census Bureau report on income, poverty and access to health care closes the books on the economic record of George W. Bush.

It's not a record many Republicans are likely to point to with pride.

On every major measurement, the Census Bureau report shows that the country lost ground during Bush's two terms. While Bush was in office, the median household income declined, poverty increased, childhood poverty increased even more, and the number of Americans without health insurance spiked.

By contrast, the country's condition improved on each of those measures during Bill Clinton's two terms, often substantially...

... Consider first the median income.--- When Bill Clinton left office after 2000, the median income stood at $52,500 (measured in inflation-adjusted 2008 dollars).
- When Bush left office after 2008, the median income had fallen to $50,303. That's a decline of 4.2 per cent.

That leaves Bush with the dubious distinction of becoming the only president in recent history to preside over an income decline through two presidential terms

- The median household income increased during the two terms of Clinton (by 14 per cent, as we'll see in more detail below),

... Bush's record on poverty is equally bleak.

- When Clinton left office in 2000, the Census counted almost 31.6 million Americans living in poverty.

- When Bush left office in 2008, the number of poor Americans had jumped to 39.8 million (the largest number in absolute terms since 1960.)

Under Bush, the number of people in poverty increased by over 8.2 million, or 26.1 per cent. Over two-thirds of that increase occurred before the economic collapse of 2008.

The story is similar again for access to health care.

- When Clinton left office, the number of uninsured Americans stood at 38.4 million.

- By the time Bush left office that number had grown to just over 46.3 million.

- When Clinton left the number of Americans in poverty stood at 11.3 per cent;

- Bush left that had increased to 13.2 per cent.

So the summary page on the economic experience of average Americans under the past two presidents would look like this:
Under Clinton, the median income increased 14 per cent. Under Bush it declined 4.2 per cent.

Under Clinton the total number of Americans in poverty declined 16.9 per cent; under Bush it increased 26.1 per cent.

Under Clinton, the number of Americans without health insurance, remained essentially even (down six-tenths of one per cent); under Bush it increased by 20.6 per cent.

The fact is that the economy performed significantly better for average families under Clinton than under the elder or younger Bush or Ronald Reagan.

The wretched two-term record compiled by the younger Bush on income, poverty and access to health care should compel Republicans to answer a straightforward question: if tax cuts are truly the best means to stimulate broadly shared prosperity, why did the Bush years yield such disastrous results for American families on these core measures of economic well being?
Cleotis

Dalton, GA

#5591 Apr 2, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is nothing more than a social experiment. How many times am I going to have to point that out????
He is always two steps ahead of the competition? WHAT competition? He didn't know his tail from thrid base when he got elected the first time and he STILL won. He didn't have viable competition and that was by design.
Obama won the presidency just like he "won" the Nobel Prize for Peace. It was handed to him for doing nothing but showing up. Now! YOU need to face THAT.
One thing I agree with you on is the competition. What competition? The GOP has none like I said. Thanks for agreeing. Obama is doing a great job....admit it!
Doo

Dalton, GA

#5592 Apr 2, 2013
Cleotis is coming around after all this time. Great!
again

Commerce, GA

#5593 Apr 2, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Undoubtedly, the conservatives didn't show up to vote because of who was nominated PLUS Obama didn't win by a landslide, so MOST of the nation???? Ummmm....NO. You just keep living in your "Obama is going to help me" world. Brace yourself. Nah....don't even think about it. Just let it happen.
Again, don't let the facts muddle whats left of your mind. Obama had more votes cast for him than any candidate in HISTORY in the last election. The majority is not the most, how convient for you. Trying to back up you warped views is a chore a will admit. But you also put all the blame for things on one man, ignorning the hundreds in the congress sitting on their hands only concered with what the folks back home think of them next election cycle. As for Obama helping me, I don't think anyone can help me after what Bushy did to this country. Don't see or hear much from him,can't really blame him for laying low in Texas, even he knows what he did.
again

Commerce, GA

#5594 Apr 2, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep telling yourself that.
Those of us paying the AMT always love to hear from Right Wingers how "they" support the country, and those if us writing the checks are selfish for even asking them to throw their money in the pot.
The biggest contribution to the tax base Right Wingers provide is when they're forced to pay a gasoline tax to drive to their rallies, where they whine like little babies that someone wants them to pay taxes or pull their own weight.
Right Wingers support their country- as long as they aren't required to pay their share or actually fight in their idiotic wars.
You know, maybe Right Wingers will show us all how they support personal responsibility - by buying medical- insurance instead of making me pay their medical bills - hey, it's only for a few years - until they get their government Social Security checks and their government medical care, and their government prescription drugs.
Wait, they're Right Wingers - they only demand support from the government - they never actually contribute to the cause.
Again you have nailed it.
Talkers

Commerce, GA

#5595 Apr 2, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a different source - same facts:
... Just days after the Census Bureau reported a jump in poverty during even before the start of the December 2007 Bush recession, Johnston reported, "Total income was $2.74 trillion less during the eight Bush years than if incomes had stayed at 2000 levels."
... Even if we limit the analysis by starting in 2003, when the dividend and capital gains tax cuts began, through the peak year of 2007, the result is still less income than at the 2000 level. Total income was down $951 billion during those four years.
Average incomes fell.
... And to be sure, the Bush tax cuts which have already drained the Treasury of $2.3 trillion were a major contributor to the record U.S. income gap:
In only two of the eight Bush years, 2006 and 2007, were average incomes higher than in 2000, but the gains were highly concentrated at the top. Of the total increase in income in 2007 over that in 2005, nearly 30 percent went to taxpayers who made $1 million or more...
One of every eight dollars of the tax cuts went to the 1 in 1,000 taxpayers in the top tenth of 1 percent, the annual threshold for which was in the $2 million range throughout the last administration.
RONALD BROWNSTEINSEP, a man after the grail.
Like you, full of words where a picture is worth a thousand words.

The graph shows up Ronald's and your lies.

Obama has sunk us to a new low.

http://www.anthonyworlando.com/2012/09/02/cha...
chicknbutt

Decatur, GA

#5596 Apr 2, 2013
Talkers wrote:
Gee, I wonder what happened at the end of 2008, and who was responsible for it happening?

It must be Obama's fault, because the Republicans handed over a nice pristine perfectly operating country and economy to him, right?

Right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christy Meyzger Sep 30 Cathy 2
Sex Offender works for Culligan...in and out of... (Apr '14) Sep '14 Lady Glock 5
TV, Internet and Phone (Nov '13) Aug '14 oking09 6
Sorry Neighbors (Mar '13) Aug '14 Lady Glock 4
Search continues for missing Guyton man Jul '14 Just me 1
Make money from home Jun '14 antonio wiggins 2
Bloomingdale child porn suspect caught by Effin... Jun '14 David May 2
Springfield Dating
Find my Match

Springfield Jobs

Springfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Springfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Springfield