Comments
3,181 - 3,200 of 49,723 Comments Last updated 59 min ago
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3393
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
At a doc appt. this afternoon, while in the waiting room, I overheard ......
Were they able to extract your head from your butt?
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3394
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

1

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>Ahh... the rest of this is just too much drivel to respond to. Typical Makers/Takers argument. Yawn. Typical "Lets pretend we're COMPLETELY BLIND to the Massive Huge OVERWHELMING contribution to the deficit made the Republican Policy, Tax Cuts, and Two Unfunded Wars Just to Make Daddy and the Defense Contractors Happy. Yawn.

You even pulled out the pathetic Neil Boortz Santa Claus argument.
Every Republican president since Ronnie Ray-Gun has added trillions to the national debt.

Ask these Right Wingers finally identify a single Republican president - who offered a balanced budget - or who didn't raise the national debt by trillions and trillions.

Then listen to the silence.

Can anyone seriously question that President Cheney - er - Bush - in eight years nearly destroyed not just America but most, if not all the industrialized world.

Thanks Bush/Cheney for the unfounded tax cuts for the rich;
The destruction of the American economy;
3,000 dead Americans under the WTC;
The destruction of the national banking system;
Three wars we never paid for;
The shredding of the Constitution; and
The creation of the largest transfer of wealth from the middle class to the richest people on Earth.

Yep- we can trust Republicans - their record is so spotless.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3395
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

ChicknButt wrote:
But this part is worth noting.

As I just responded to you in another thread -

The Financial Services Moderation Act was authored by Phill Graham , of all things - wait for it - a Texas Republican. A Republican from Iowa introduced it to the House. They did so under pressure from .... wait for it!... Big Banking -(who woulda guessed Republicans doing the will of Big Banking?).

Then there was the Commodities Futures Modernization Act, brought into legislation by .... wait for it.... Phil Graham - A Texas Republican doing the will of his big-money players who pulled his strings.

At that time there were both House and Senate Republican majorities.

Wall Street Deregulation was the result of Texas Republicans and Big Banking. Fact.

You DON'T know enough to be dangerous.
Great post.
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3396
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
It's quite interesting that all these erudite individuals in here (unregistered, of course) can't answer simple questions that would show they don't know what they're talking about. You're using the racism word quite freely, I'm wondering if you really know what it means. Probably not, but that's not surprising.
Of all the times I've seen racism or racist claims in these types of posts, I'm thinking there is only one post that was blatantly racist, but it was obviously someone trying to stir things up.
BTW, you might want to research the difference between racism and bigotry.
great point bill! would you please explain the diff? i am not kiddin' on this one. i agree that there is a big diff,and that the two originate from different areas(sorta),but i would be very intrested in your explanation(but please,try to keep it to 4000 words or less)afterwards,if i disagree,i may even offer mine.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3397
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Every Republican president since Ronnie Ray-Gun has added trillions to the national debt.
Ask these Right Wingers finally identify a single Republican president - who offered a balanced budget - or who didn't raise the national debt by trillions and trillions.
Then listen to the silence.
Can anyone seriously question that President Cheney - er - Bush - in eight years nearly destroyed not just America but most, if not all the industrialized world.
Thanks Bush/Cheney for the unfounded tax cuts for the rich;
The destruction of the American economy;
3,000 dead Americans under the WTC;
The destruction of the national banking system;
Three wars we never paid for;
The shredding of the Constitution; and
The creation of the largest transfer of wealth from the middle class to the richest people on Earth.
Yep- we can trust Republicans - their record is so spotless.
Don't forget about the great Katrina response!
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3398
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

3

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I responded anyway.

You will need to do your own research. I've explained it on Topix more than once, I do not feel the need to do it again. Kinda like addressing tax items, not worth the effort and too many people argue the facts.

I do promise, though, that the rationale will make some sense, as it's a "positive influence" by those that reduced it from prior rates...

Consider this idea: if you were picking fruit in someone's orchard and were told you could keep as much fruit as you wanted (the orchard you're in is limitless) except that you had to pay a 15% fee (of what you picked), would you work harder and longer than if that 15% fee was (say) 40%? You probably will do it anyway to keep 60%, but I'm expecting the effort would be greater if you were to keep 85%...Perhaps you'd invest in some machinery to help you, some additional help, etc....
Another Right Wing economic fairy tale - taxes prevent investment.

Taxes never have, and never will, prevent investment.

Let's consider this:

Daddy left you $800 Million when he left this stressful life.

You can invest that $800 Million and receive $50 Million a year after taxes,
or
you can invest that $800 Million and receive $40 Million a year after taxes,
or
You can invest that $800 Million and receive $30 Million a year after taxes,
or
you can put $800 Million in plastic PVC pipe and bury it in the back yard, and receive $0.

Are you gonna say - no thanks - I don't want $50 Million, or $30 Million, or $30 Million this year in income ?

Are you gonna say - No Sir, I'll pass up $30 Million and take $0 instead.

The investor obviously invests regardless of the tax rate he'll pay on the income.

As Warren Buffer said, the tax rate never, ever, prevents any investor from investing because some income is always better than no income.

There are 8 Billion reasons to believe Warren Buffet knows what he's talking about.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3399
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
At a doc appt. this afternoon, while in the waiting room, I overheard two well dressed ladies (they may have been sales reps) discussing taxes and the $16.5 TRILLION deficit. One of them brought up an interesting point that I have not researched, but it very well may be true:
The federal government took in more revenue last year than any prior year. Yet, the deficit grew.
IF that's true, how can anyone (particularly Pelosi AND the clueless and uneducated) think we DON'T have a spending problem? There's not enough tax revenue to cover what we have, yet people want more...
According to the Brookings Institute estimate for 2012, those women are correct. When dollars have been adjusted to make them comparable, 2012 will set a record of $2.089 trillion brought in, but will have spent $3.212 trillion. Looking at the last ten years, from 2002-2008, the federal govt spent on average $304 billion more than it brought in, averaging a negative 2.47% of GDP. Since Obama has been in office (2009-2012), the govt has spent on average $1,169 billion more than it has brought in, averaging 9.05% of GDP. And Pelosi says we don't have a spending problem? Her idiocy is truly stunning.
uninformed opinion

Jacksons Gap, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3400
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Were they able to extract your head from your butt?
rumor is ur wifey gave him a LONG physical. cough, cough.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3401
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>According to the Brookings Institute estimate for 2012, those women are correct. When dollars have been adjusted to make them comparable, 2012 will set a record of $2.089 trillion brought in, but will have spent $3.212 trillion. Looking at the last ten years, from 2002-2008, the federal govt spent on average $304 billion more than it brought in, averaging a negative 2.47% of GDP. Since Obama has been in office (2009-2012), the govt has spent on average $1,169 billion more than it has brought in, averaging 9.05% of GDP. And Pelosi says we don't have a spending problem? Her idiocy is truly stunning.
Agreed that we have a spending problem.

It's called:

- the War Department,
- Iraq,
- Pakistan,
- Afghanistan,
- Corporate welfare, and
- Farm subsidies.

Thanks Goodness the left and the middle and the right can agree on something.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3402
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

In 2002 the US population was 287,000,000. In 2012 it was 313,000,000. A difference of 9.059%. When you add per-capita influences into the equation the argument doesn't flow in the direction you want it to anymore.

Your idiocy is truly stunning. You'll fall for any bit of propaganda floating around. Use your brains people. Don't believe everything you hear.
uninformed opinion

Jacksons Gap, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3403
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

uninformed opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
rumor is ur wifey gave him a LONG physical. cough, cough.
a detailed oral exam 2.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3404
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

uninformed opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
a detailed oral exam 2.
Really? You're quoting yourself so you can double-down on a juvenile barely coherent and completely unfunny and unimaginative insult that only an inbred redneck from Moody Alabama would come up with?

By the way, did you hear about the Alabama Governors mansion burning down?

It almost took out the whole trailer park.
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3405
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

it is my very humble opinion that wifes,girlrfiends,and family members should be left out of these discussions.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3406
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Right Wing economic fairy tale - taxes prevent investment.
Taxes never have, and never will, prevent investment.
Let's consider this:
Daddy left you $800 Million when he left this stressful life.
You can invest that $800 Million and receive $50 Million a year after taxes,
or
you can invest that $800 Million and receive $40 Million a year after taxes,
or
You can invest that $800 Million and receive $30 Million a year after taxes,
or
you can put $800 Million in plastic PVC pipe and bury it in the back yard, and receive $0.
Are you gonna say - no thanks - I don't want $50 Million, or $30 Million, or $30 Million this year in income ?
Are you gonna say - No Sir, I'll pass up $30 Million and take $0 instead.
The investor obviously invests regardless of the tax rate he'll pay on the income.
As Warren Buffer said, the tax rate never, ever, prevents any investor from investing because some income is always better than no income.
There are 8 Billion reasons to believe Warren Buffet knows what he's talking about.
Besides your ridiculous example involving more money than your average investor will ever see, what you are completely ignoring is that with "investment" comes "risk". With your average investment - be it in the stock market or lending money to an entrepreneur to start a business or lending money to a friend there is no GUARANTEE that you will get ANY of your money back, much less make a profit. That is one of the main reasons that the capital gains rate is lower than the tax rate on income, it is an acknowledgement of and incentive to engage in the RISK.
uninformed opinion

Jacksons Gap, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3407
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You're quoting yourself so you can double-down on a juvenile barely coherent and completely unfunny and unimaginative insult that only an inbred redneck from Moody Alabama would come up with?
By the way, did you hear about the Alabama Governors mansion burning down?
It almost took out the whole trailer park.
where is Moody Alabama?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3408
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides your ridiculous example involving more money than your average investor will ever see, what you are completely ignoring is that with "investment" comes "risk". With your average investment - be it in the stock market or lending money to an entrepreneur to start a business or lending money to a friend there is no GUARANTEE that you will get ANY of your money back, much less make a profit. That is one of the main reasons that the capital gains rate is lower than the tax rate on income, it is an acknowledgement of and incentive to engage in the RISK.
+1 well stated

Some people just don't have the experience or knowledge about something, so they use ridiculous examples to try and make a point...

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3409
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Every Republican president since Ronnie Ray-Gun has added trillions to the national debt.
Ask these Right Wingers finally identify a single Republican president - who offered a balanced budget - or who didn't raise the national debt by trillions and trillions.
Then listen to the silence.
Can anyone seriously question that President Cheney - er - Bush - in eight years nearly destroyed not just America but most, if not all the industrialized world.
Thanks Bush/Cheney for the unfounded tax cuts for the rich;
The destruction of the American economy;
3,000 dead Americans under the WTC;
The destruction of the national banking system;
Three wars we never paid for;
The shredding of the Constitution; and
The creation of the largest transfer of wealth from the middle class to the richest people on Earth.
Yep- we can trust Republicans - their record is so spotless.
Did Bush PROMISE to cut the debt in half? Nope! Did Obama? Yep!(And by the end of his first term.) So.....yer! We can trust Democrats.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3410
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget about the great Katrina response!
Hey! Remember THIS?????

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3411
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

uninformed opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
where is Moody Alabama?
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/ny2ks/...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3412
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

uninformed opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
where is Moody Alabama?
If we were playing Jeopardy, the correct "answer" would be:

The location of your ISP (apparently).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Springfield Discussions

Search the Springfield Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
President Obama Jul 12 Lyle 1
Search continues for missing Guyton man Jul 9 Just me 1
Make money from home Jun '14 antonio wiggins 2
Bloomingdale child porn suspect caught by Effin... Jun '14 David May 2
New to Area- Recommend Youth Softball Clubs for... Jun '14 Anonymous 1
Vandalism and petty crime in Pooler Jun '14 Maria 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Springfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Springfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Springfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Springfield
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••