2013 Special Election Results

May 7, 2013 Full story: 700WLW Cincinnati 13

Emergency services issues did well, the Delhi Twp Fire-EMT increase passed, as did the Deer Park/Silverton Joint Fire District increase.

Full Story

“Civic Innovation Designer”

Since: Mar 11

Springboro, Ohio

#1 May 8, 2013
214,910 people living in Warren County (according to 2011 census), 35,624 registered voters, 6,599 ballots cast. That's 18% of voter turnout, and 3% of the total number of residents.

Democracy FTW!(Who in the HELL thinks our system of local governance is actually working?!?)
focus

Fairborn, OH

#2 May 9, 2013
Add this fact..the mayor spends out of state union money to support himself and his buddies in the idea..ie,, the "good ole boys". How does the average citizen stand a chance getting into politics when the other side is flush with union money, lots of union money ?
candidacy

Springboro, OH

#3 May 9, 2013
focus wrote:
Add this fact..the mayor spends out of state union money to support himself and his buddies in the idea..ie,, the "good ole boys". How does the average citizen stand a chance getting into politics when the other side is flush with union money, lots of union money ?
Man, you are typical. Why don't you get your tea party buddies to support your candidacy? They have plenty of money. But alas, you would never run - then you might be part of the solution and not the "problem" that you ramble on about. Much easier to sit at your computer and complain.
focus

Fairborn, OH

#4 May 9, 2013
candidacy wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, you are typical. Why don't you get your tea party buddies to support your candidacy? They have plenty of money. But alas, you would never run - then you might be part of the solution and not the "problem" that you ramble on about. Much easier to sit at your computer and complain.
you haven't a clue buddy...been there done it...so don't sit there and tell me otherwise....and what's with you people's phobia about the tea party ?? and your are typical....being clueless !

Springboro, Ohio

#5 May 9, 2013
focus wrote:
you haven't a clue buddy...been there done it...so don't sit there and tell me otherwise....and what's with you people's phobia about the tea party ??
At the moment, I'm wrestling with the same thoughts, to get more involved with local governance, but it's the politics which ultimately stand in my way. I severely struggle to understand the Tea Party, even though I share their views on smaller government. It's their hack-and-slash, starve the beast view of the government as the enemy that I cannot comprehend.

But when I talk with people about my solutions for an open, inclusive government, it seems that most people are in the debate to defeat the opposition. To talk about participatory budgeting says nothing about crushing the Union stranglehold, and when I walk back to how the people can reclaim control over their government in place of the Unions and Corporations, our limited choices in the deathmatch of politics instantly places me somewhere I would rather not be.

It frustrates me to have such a limited debate, when the attitudes of smaller government and personal liberty are commonly shared on a local level, but understanding our alternatives simply isn't there. Like I said, it's a deathmatch which leaves me no room to compete.
candidacy

Springboro, OH

#6 May 10, 2013
focus wrote:
<quoted text>
you haven't a clue buddy...been there done it...so don't sit there and tell me otherwise....and what's with you people's phobia about the tea party ?? and your are typical....being clueless !
"Been there done it" as in....ran and lost?

And phobia about the tea party? Extreme right wing...or left wing....that's the phobia. Nothing gets done when you are so extreme either way. Working together gets things done and moves everyone forward.
What a Bully

Piqua, OH

#7 May 10, 2013
candidacy wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, what a bully you are!

The only way to be part of the "solution" is to stop bullying your neighbors, to help you help others vote yes to unnecessary CCFD tax increases; No need to run for political office and join the FD wall of shame; just go to the polls and VOTE NO to new taxes.

Man, What a Responsible thing to do!
Well Duh

Piqua, OH

#8 May 10, 2013
christopherritter wrote:
<quoted text>
At the moment, I'm wrestling with the same thoughts, to get more involved with local governance, but it's the politics which ultimately stand in my way. I severely struggle to understand the Tea Party, even though I share their views on smaller government. It's their hack-and-slash, starve the beast view of the government as the enemy that I cannot comprehend.
But when I talk with people about my solutions for an open, inclusive government, it seems that most people are in the debate to defeat the opposition. To talk about participatory budgeting says nothing about crushing the Union stranglehold, and when I walk back to how the people can reclaim control over their government in place of the Unions and Corporations, our limited choices in the deathmatch of politics instantly places me somewhere I would rather not be.
It frustrates me to have such a limited debate, when the attitudes of smaller government and personal liberty are commonly shared on a local level, but understanding our alternatives simply isn't there. Like I said, it's a deathmatch which leaves me no room to compete.
well duh...christopherritter.... aren't you special!

your blathering nonsense placed on this blog is somewhere
that I wish it wouldn't be.
Get Real

Piqua, OH

#9 May 10, 2013
candidacy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Been there done it" as in....ran and lost?
And phobia about the tea party? Extreme right wing...or left wing....that's the phobia. Nothing gets done when you are so extreme either way. Working together gets things done and moves everyone forward.
Neither "Candidates" nor "elected officials" get anything done by PUSHING and SHOVING voters to the polls to vote for Additional levies just because it is time....

.....whether it's the firefighters union or the teachers union,
IF the issue is NEW TAXES, then the responsible choice is NO!

NO additional CCFD levy in November!

YES in November to Springboro Schools Renewal Levy, with NO
New Taxes!
Answer

Piqua, OH

#10 May 10, 2013
christopherritter wrote:
214,910 people living in Warren County (according to 2011 census), 35,624 registered voters, 6,599 ballots cast. That's 18% of voter turnout, and 3% of the total number of residents.
Democracy FTW!(Who in the HELL thinks our system of local governance is actually working?!?)
Well, on May 7th, A Total number of 3829 Township/Springboro Voters Proved that Our system IS working when they went to the polls to Just Say NO to an unfair, unnecessary, levy request of 93% CCFD fire levy taxes.

Can you answer this question:

How much of Taxpayers hard earned money did Mr.Kidd waste on this unnecessary evil Say yes to 3 failed campaign?

Government WASTE is the problem; and government's greed for MORE money than needed is the root of all evil.

The system works for good when citizens for responsible spending just say NO to new taxes. Enough is Enough!

Springboro, Ohio

#11 May 10, 2013
Answer wrote:
Well, on May 7th, A Total number of 3829 Township/Springboro Voters Proved that Our system IS working when they went to the polls to Just Say NO to an unfair, unnecessary, levy request of 93% CCFD fire levy taxes.
No sir, it shows that YOUR system is working, that enough government anger can be generated to empower a disaffected minority to decide the fate of our emergency services. That's the evil, I tell you, the black tendrils which have crawled through our television screens, distorting how we view our local government.

If the system WAS working, the majority of our community would feel more compelled to take ownership of their governence. Like someone saying: "Hey, why can't we all decide for ourselves like we do on Facebook?" While there would still be what? 3% or 6% of residents who would always be complaining about taxes, they at least wouldn't be the ones deciding whether or not we need to invest more in our community.

"I was the President of the United States." (Ronald Reagan)
God Bless America

Piqua, OH

#12 May 10, 2013
christopherritter wrote:
<quoted text>
No sir, it shows that YOUR system is working, that enough government anger can be generated to empower a disaffected minority to decide the fate of our emergency services. That's the evil, I tell you, the black tendrils which have crawled through our television screens, distorting how we view our local government.
If the system WAS working, the majority of our community would feel more compelled to take ownership of their governence. Like someone saying: "Hey, why can't we all decide for ourselves like we do on Facebook?" While there would still be what? 3% or 6% of residents who would always be complaining about taxes, they at least wouldn't be the ones deciding whether or not we need to invest more in our community.
"I was the President of the United States." (Ronald Reagan)
Proud to be an American! Where ever American has the freedom to vote NO.....

"When the Berlin Wall came tumbling down, I had to give the old man his due, even if I never gave him my vote."
(Barack Obama)
Question

Piqua, OH

#13 May 10, 2013
Answer wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you answer this question:
How much of Taxpayers hard earned money did Mr.Kidd waste on this unnecessary evil Say yes to 3 failed campaign?
Government WASTE is the problem; and government's greed for MORE money than needed is the root of all evil.
The system works for good when citizens for responsible spending just say NO to new taxes. Enough is Enough!
Does anyone know how much Mr. Kidd spent on the campaign
trying to 'help citizens say yes to a 93% fire levy tax increase?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 5 hr ino 31,495
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 5 hr Boro parent 31,281
Dennis Gannon trying to cover his past! 6 hr Tina 4
greene county humane society 6 hr Tina 5
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr Chuck 19,285
Representative Mike Turner is a Pentagon Pimp 13 hr The New Cool Warrior 1
For readers, not breeders and bottom feeders: Mon Fan of Leon The Man 2

Springboro Jobs

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Springboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Springboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]