fratedawg

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Oct 23, 2012
I am not undermining the importance and need for our police, they are our friends. When out jogging and I see one cruising the neighborhood, I will wave in appreciation. However, after experiencing an unnecessary tailgating by the local police, I have come to the conslusion that some maybe pushing their duties a little too far.

Turning out of my neighborhood onto 741, there was only one other car on the road (around 2am), a police car. I needed to get over to the right lane but the Police car was there to the right, slightly behind me. Then he pulled over into my lane right behind me, way too close. Well I needed to move to the right lane anyways to make a turn, so I moved over. He moves right with me. What the heck????

PULL ME OVER if it makes you happy. My tags are current, car is new, I'm going to work........ just because I'm the only car on the road you have to hassle me?

This isn't an isolated incident. I've been in Boro for 10 years. My neighbors and I have come to the same conclusion as they've had similar experiences. Springboro cops are borderline harassing their citizens unnecessarily at times.

Vent over.
BoroPoliceReform

Girard, OH

#2 Oct 24, 2012
Its not borderline - its an absolute!!

Springboro Police has very poor leadership.

Springboro Police DOES NOT understand community policing.

These guys are absolutely harrassing our community.

They are supposed to be a part of the community, only one or two live in Springboro, and the rest have established an "Us against Them" situation.

I should add, you dont have to live in Springboro to be a part of it....

When was the last time you saw a Springboro Police officer shake a kids hand? Have a smile on their face? make any effort to reach out to the community in a positive way?

What can we do? Who has the balls to stand up and say something to city leaders?

Its scary. The backlash could be horrible.

So we just keep our heads low and hope they dont pull us over.

Its rediculous!!
no doze

Germantown, OH

#3 Nov 16, 2012
Wow! These guys really need to WAKE UP!
This evening my daughter complained that 2 Springboro cops standing between 15-20 feet away were completely ignorant of a group of "weird" kids smoking pot while they were standing on Main St sidewalk during Christmas in Springboro.
jump start

Dayton, OH

#4 Nov 17, 2012
I don't care if they pull people over at 2am...better safe than sorry.
SilentKnight

United States

#7 Dec 12, 2013
Then you are an idiot. I feel, and SERVED FOR, the Right of citizens to be left alone if they are doing nothing wrong. Harassment is harassment. I will NOT put up with it under color of law anymore than I will put up with it citizen on citizen. What the hell is the matter with you??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 11 min Canton 31,207
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 44 min The King of Dixie 19,241
"Is there an ISIS crisis at levy time?" 9 hr The New Cool Warrior 2
aaaccckkk!!! it is a fact! 9 hr Lesbian Lover 1
Concealed carry in Boro's schools - not a matte... (Jul '13) 12 hr the tip of the ic... 74
ING is now Yoya, a brand-new investment and ret... Sep 20 Leon Harison 3
This is your lucky Monday! Sep 20 Leon Harison 7
•••
•••

Springboro Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Springboro News, Events & Info