woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#20327 Sep 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The people who are clueless are those who use Rush, Hannity and Fox as some sort of argument instead of bringing something of substance to the table.
You leftists don't even realize how you've been brainwashed by your leaders to respond that way like a programmed robot.
Conservative tells the truth.
Response: Rush, Hannity Beck.
Conservative points to something Obama did wrong.
Response: it's the Republicans fault.
Conservative criticizes Obama's actions.
Response: Republicans are racist.
You people are so much like a machine I bet I could tell you what your response is going to be before you even post it. I don't know if there's an individual thought among any of you liberals.
Sean Hannity on the NSA
Under Bush: "Our techniques are working, we've got the NSA program here, we've got the Patriot Act program here. You know...It's staggering to me that we are even debating the use of these techniques in this country even at this time."

Under Obama: "Big Brother is monitoring your every move, whether it be online or on the telephone. These actions by the Obama administration are clear,a very clear violation of the Fourth Amendment."
I don't see any irony here.
Offers

Waverly, OH

#20328 Sep 9, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Sean Hannity on the NSA
Under Bush: "Our techniques are working, we've got the NSA program here, we've got the Patriot Act program here. You know...It's staggering to me that we are even debating the use of these techniques in this country even at this time."
Under Obama: "Big Brother is monitoring your every move, whether it be online or on the telephone. These actions by the Obama administration are clear,a very clear violation of the Fourth Amendment."
The ball can be thrown in both courts. Obama has flip flopped on issues, He is the pres. Remember gay marriage, he was against it then he was for it.
NBC has been caught lying how many times ?
5 years
What good things has Obama done for the country?
I can find none!!!!!

Since: Aug 12

United States

#20329 Sep 9, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Sean Hannity on the NSA
Combined with the fact the IRS is singling out individuals for targeting and destruction plays no part in this does it??? Someone begs to differ with Caesars views..... ehhh just destroy em.

NSA monitoring Americans views to create indivdual profiles would never be parused by the irs.
Annie

Twinsburg, OH

#20330 Sep 9, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>. Who started the stimulus program ? Slumping economy? Inflation ? Resulting in food stamp or starve! The phones are not Obama phones- your wrong on that too! Healthcare money, going straight to Obama, too? If your not a truck driver, like POP's, your dumb enough to be! Just saying!
You're dumb enough not to use contractions correctly.
Frank

Mount Gilead, OH

#20331 Sep 9, 2013
Offers wrote:
<quoted text>The ball can be thrown in both courts. Obama has flip flopped on issues, He is the pres. Remember gay marriage, he was against it then he was for it.
5 years
I can find none!!!!!
. Then vote for Bush again! That's YOUR choice! Or move to Russia- that's your choice also! Sounds to me like you confused! Just saying!
UDintWinThat

Canton, OH

#20332 Sep 9, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
Combined with the fact the IRS is singling out individuals for targeting and destruction plays no part in this does it??? Someone begs to differ with Caesars views..... ehhh just destroy em.
NSA monitoring Americans views to create indivdual profiles would never be parused by the irs.
Or you could take a brave stand on high efficiency light bulbs and claim your not a trained poodle of the energy industry. You know, the one GW Bush deregulated and caused the gulf coast to be soaked in magically disappearing oil.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20333 Sep 9, 2013
Offers wrote:
<quoted text>The ball can be thrown in both courts. Obama has flip flopped on issues, He is the pres. Remember gay marriage, he was against it then he was for it.
5 years
I can find none!!!!!
And who can forget this one? It's DumBama talking to an audience saying Bush spending four trillion dollars on the Bank of China credit card was irresponsible and un-patriotic:

One of DumBama's first lies. Here he states nobody making under $250,000 will see a new tax of any kind, and once invading the white house, increases taxes on cigarettes typically purchased by lower and middle-class people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Pops

Newport, KY

#20334 Sep 9, 2013
Claude wrote:
<quoted text>. Did pops notice the airline derulation, or the trucking deregulation, or the Iraq war, or the Katrina handling , or the read my lips, or the wall street failure,or the 911 , mission accomplished , or the Haliburton payola, that ALL happen under Obama----0r was this truck driver born---LAST NIGHT!! How about the 350 pieces of dead wood in congress? GMAB!!
' read my lips' was GHWB.*** There are WAY more than 350 pieces of 'deadwood' in congress & you pretty much used a good name for them.*** Numerous sessions of Congress VOTED for the war in Iraq or it would never have been funded & pursued.*** As far as 'mission accomplished', didn't Obama quite recently state that (paraphrasing) Al Quida has been centrally destroyed & are no longer a threat?*** The so called 'Halliburton payola' as you call it, was NOT controlled by Bush or Cheney or Condi or Collin or any other one person. Congress controls the money, remember?
What are you trying to say about any of these others seeming points ?
Lastly, why & when did I become a truck driver? And why do you use 'truck driver' in a denigrating way? Just curious about that.
Pops

Newport, KY

#20335 Sep 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And who can forget this one? It's DumBama talking to an audience saying Bush spending four trillion dollars on the Bank of China credit card was irresponsible and un-patriotic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =DyLmru6no4UXX
One of DumBama's first lies. Here he states nobody making under $250,000 will see a new tax of any kind, and once invading the white house, increases taxes on cigarettes typically purchased by lower and middle-class people:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
You omitted a brand new tax, the tax on Tanning Beds. Take a guess which income group(s) use Tanning Beds.
So Obama not only raised a tax (tobacco) he created a whole new one.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20336 Sep 9, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> You omitted a brand new tax, the tax on Tanning Beds. Take a guess which income group(s) use Tanning Beds.
So Obama not only raised a tax (tobacco) he created a whole new one.
Worse than that. The new tobacco tax went to expand CHIP. CHIP is a program set up by Republicans to help families who couldn't afford healthcare for their disabled or sickly child. DumBama used this money to give healthcare to children belonging to families making up to $80,000 per year plus some illegal aliens.

So Zero increased taxes on people making $20,000,$30,00,$40,000 per year to provide government healthcare to upper-middle class families.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#20337 Sep 9, 2013
UDintWinThat wrote:
<quoted text>
Or you could take a brave stand on high efficiency light bulbs and claim your not a trained poodle of the energy industry. You know, the one GW Bush deregulated and caused the gulf coast to be soaked in magically disappearing oil.
Better to have diasappearing oil with GW than have disappearing jobs with Caesar Obamus. Then of course Caesar offers disappearing oil rigs now...... off to other parts of the world as well...... while the Chinese continue to drill for oil in the gulf and off the shores of California. Fine job Caesar!!!!
Pops

Newport, KY

#20338 Sep 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Worse than that. The new tobacco tax went to expand CHIP. CHIP is a program set up by Republicans to help families who couldn't afford healthcare for their disabled or sickly child. DumBama used this money to give healthcare to children belonging to families making up to $80,000 per year plus some illegal aliens.
So Zero increased taxes on people making $20,000,$30,00,$40,000 per year to provide government healthcare to upper-middle class families.
I didn't know that. Do you have some sort of research link for that? I would like to learn more if it's out there.
I don't make much money & need a room mate since I could afford only the Spartan dwelling for myself without a room mate so this sort of stuff gets my attention when I am struggling to get along.
Frank

Mount Gilead, OH

#20339 Sep 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
. I bet you are the center of attention, at the head of the table, with all your knowledge, at all the truck stops! Probably running off route, to hear your next news flash! Instead of always finding fault, why not improve your imagine, and run for office! Or it is easier, just complaining? Just saying!!
Pops

Newport, KY

#20340 Sep 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =DyLmru6no4UXX
Add to this link; HTTP://WWW.POODWADDLE.COM/WORLDCLOCK.SWF & make comparisons for total debt, debt per person & debt per TAXPAYER!! Sad, very sad. It makes Obama out to be a very tremendous B. S'er
Pops

Newport, KY

#20341 Sep 9, 2013
I respect the office of president, that does NOT mean that I respect the holder of that office.
That's two different things.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20342 Sep 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
CHIP is a program set up by Republicans to help families who couldn't afford healthcare for their disabled or sickly child.
I remember it a bit differently:
"(Senator Edward)Kennedy was intrigued by a children's health insurance plan in Massachusetts that had passed in 1996, and met with a Boston Medical Center pediatrics director and a Massachusetts state legislator to discuss the feasibility of a national initiative. Kennedy also saw using an increase in tobacco taxes as a way to pay for the expanded coverage. Thus, in October 1996, Kennedy introduced a bill to provide health care coverage for children of the working poor, to be financed via a 75 cents a pack cigarette tax increase." The legislation was eventually co-sponsored by Orrin Hatch.

Did Republicans support the bill?
"Republicans also criticized the bill as an open-ended entitlement program, although it was structured as a block grant rather than an entitlement. Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott was an early opponent of the measure, calling it a "big-government program" that would not pass."
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
DumBama used this money to give healthcare to children belonging to families making up to $80,000 per year plus some illegal aliens.
Interesting, since the program is administered by states, and not by the federal government. That's why it's the "State Children's Health Insurance Program." Each state creates it's own rules.

Let's see what the cutoff is in Ohio: "In Ohio, SCHIP funds are used to expand eligibility for the state's Medicaid program. Thus all Medicaid rules and regulations (including cost sharing and benefits) apply. Children from birth through age 18 who live in families with incomes above the Medicaid thresholds in 1996 and up to 200% of the federal poverty level are eligible for the SCHIP Medicaid expansion program. In 2008, the maximum annual income needed for a family of four to fall within 100% of the federal poverty guidelines was $21,200, while 200% of the poverty guidelines was $42,400."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Children%2...
Pops

Newport, KY

#20343 Sep 9, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't know that. Do you have some sort of research link for that? I would like to learn more if it's out there.
I don't make much money & need a room mate since I could afford only the Spartan dwelling for myself without a room mate so this sort of stuff gets my attention when I am struggling to get along.
How in the world could someone, anyone, judge this post; Spam, disagree & or clueless when it only ask questions & for information.
This previous post gives NO opinions or tries to make a point but is 'judged' as Spam, Clueless & Disagree!?!?
How can one disagree with a question? How can one find a question as 'Spam' or 'Clueless'???
Close minded bias is ALL OVER those judgements. How sad that there are so many closed minded, blinders on minds out there.
So Sad!
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20344 Sep 9, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't know that. Do you have some sort of research link for that? I would like to learn more if it's out there.
Pops, sorry to hear you are struggling financially. Unfortunately, the SCHIP program is aimed at the children of working poor, and not adults.

However, you sound like the kind of person that will benefit from Obamacare. Kentucky has decided to go along with the Medicaid expansion, which means low income Kentuckians will receive assistance to buy health insurance.

"ObamaCare Medicaid Expansion sets the eligibility level for Medicaid at 133% FLP, although there is a special deduction to income equal to five percentage points of the poverty level raising the effective eligibility level to 138% of poverty." Currently, the Federal poverty guideline is $11,490, so, if you make less than $15,850 a year, you will qualify.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20345 Sep 9, 2013
Oops! Forgot to include the link for that quote:
http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacares-medicaid...
Pops

Newport, KY

#20346 Sep 9, 2013
I have no dependents & at this time I make/earn a gross of $22k a year from a small company that has 31 employees counting the owners.
They offer insurance but because of the size of the company, premiums amount to 30% or so of my NET pay even tho I work about 7-8 hrs of overtime every week. Count in the deductables & co-pays it amounts to 1/2 of my net pay. That does NOT leave me money for groceries, car insurance, rent, gasoline etc but seems to put me above the 'assistance' income level.
So why should I give a diddley about Obama Care?
It doesn't include me. In fact it seems that I am blocked out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Chuck 19,285
greene county humane society 2 hr The New Cool Warrior 4
Representative Mike Turner is a Pentagon Pimp 2 hr The New Cool Warrior 1
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 2 hr Worth Repeating 31,280
Dennis Gannon trying to cover his past! 20 hr happy camper 2
For readers, not breeders and bottom feeders: 22 hr Fan of Leon The Man 2
Mart Crowe (May '12) Sun rjd 61

Springboro Jobs

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Springboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Springboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]