Pops

Newport, KY

#19751 Aug 4, 2013
ScandalBot wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad that you can handle the fact that no one was talking to you. As far as Clinton banging that fat girl, I'm guessing every president has done it. Now the "Christianity" since Washington thing. Is that why the founder's of our country made it VERY clear not to mix politics and religion? Besides, Washington was a Deist. Now show me a statue of Jesus in our nation's capital. Ooops, all Greek and Egyptian gods. Wonder why?
Once again your 'thinking' is distorted. ANY one that posts here is talking to EVERYONE that reads those post. NEXT,..."made it very clear not to mix politics & religion.' Then why are congressional sessions started with prayer?
Find statues of Jesus in D.C.? How about at many churches? Besides, I personally don't care if there are or are not presentations of Jesus, Bhudda, Moses, Abraham, RA, Mohammad or anyone else. It's the freedom to do so. The constitution forbids the government ENDORSEMENT of religion. It does NOT compel intolerance, in fact it's just the opposite, the FREE expression of religion. But you should know that.
Pops

Newport, KY

#19752 Aug 4, 2013
Oh, by the way, IF EVERY president was 'banging' fat chicks (which is a preposterous presumption) there is NO justification for the lies & denials that followed in congress. To have done so was a felony.
ScandalBot

Canton, OH

#19753 Aug 4, 2013
Pops wrote:
Oh, by the way, IF EVERY president was 'banging' fat chicks (which is a preposterous presumption) there is NO justification for the lies & denials that followed in congress. To have done so was a felony.
Funny. Thought this thread was about Ohio. Guess it's just another example of how EVERYTHING revolves around you.
Pops

Newport, KY

#19754 Aug 4, 2013
ScandalBot wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny. Thought this thread was about Ohio. Guess it's just another example of how EVERYTHING revolves around you.
Nice try to be evasive. NOT. You yourself have commented on religion, elections, Obama, health care, taxes, name calling & more that are NOT pertaining to Ohio. So what is your point?
ScandalBot

Canton, OH

#19755 Aug 5, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Nice try to be evasive. NOT. You yourself have commented on religion, elections, Obama, health care, taxes, name calling & more that are NOT pertaining to Ohio. So what is your point?
I live in Ohio so it makes sense that I would post on an Ohio thread. You?
ScandalBot

Canton, OH

#19756 Aug 5, 2013
Pops wrote:
At least Clinton didn't cheat on his wife while she was lying in a hospital bed with cancer. You know, like "traditional family values" champion Newt Gingrich did.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#19757 Aug 5, 2013
ScandalBot wrote:
<quoted text>
At least Clinton didn't cheat on his wife while she was lying in a hospital bed with cancer. You know, like "traditional family values" champion Newt Gingrich did.
You meant John Edwards.

Remember that clown running for VP under our current joke of Secretary of state?

America flushed those John's, but gave John Sr. a parting glory reign.

The guy who fathered a love baby while his wife raised his other children while having chemo then dying.

The traditional values are nowhere in the Democratic party, and fleeing the GOP as well.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#19758 Aug 5, 2013
ScandalBot wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Like if Hillary had cancer, that would have stopped him. LOL!
Pops

Newport, KY

#19759 Aug 5, 2013
ScandalBot wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, Clinton & Gingrich do not compare to each other. Besides your meaning another Dem, That being J. Edwards, Gingrich was never president nor did he run for the White House. Here you go, using obfuscation to hide your lack of logic while trying to bolster your weak view point.
Pops

Newport, KY

#19760 Aug 5, 2013
ScandalBot wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in Ohio so it makes sense that I would post on an Ohio thread. You?
Not that it's any of your business or that anyone needs justification to be on this thread but I work in Ohio & live in the Cincinnati metro area. So it makes sense that I would post on an Ohio thread.(<:
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#19761 Aug 5, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>You're right, Clinton & Gingrich do not compare to each other. Besides your meaning another Dem, That being J. Edwards, Gingrich was never president nor did he run for the White House. Here you go, using obfuscation to hide your lack of logic while trying to bolster your weak view point.
Very weak indeed.

Newt didn't ask his wife for a divorce while she was in the hospital. She asked him for the divorce. It's apparent that their relationship was on the rocks for some time.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#19762 Aug 5, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Very weak indeed.
Newt didn't ask his wife for a divorce while she was in the hospital. She asked him for the divorce. It's apparent that their relationship was on the rocks for some time.
Court documents indicate that Newt wanted a divorce (he was having an affair with a younger woman), but his wife rejected that idea:

"The documents, and interviews with people close to the couple at the time, contradict the Gingrich claim about who wanted the divorce.

Newt Gingrich filed a divorce complaint on July 14, 1980, in Carroll County, saying that "the marriage of the parties is irretriebably (sic) broken."

Jackie Battley Gingrich, the congressman's wife and the mother of Jackie Gingrich Cushman, responded by asking the judge to reject her husband's filing."

And then, there's what he told a close friend:

"Leonard H. "Kip" Carter, a former close Gingrich friend, backed the contention that it was Newt Gingrich who wanted the divorce.

"He (Gingrich) said,'You know and I know that she's not young enough or pretty enough to be the wife of a president,' " Carter, who now lives in South Carolina, told CNN recently, relating the conversation he had with Gingrich the day Gingrich revealed he was filing for divorce. Carter served as treasurer of Gingrich's first congressional campaigns."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/26/politics/gingri...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#19763 Aug 6, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Court documents indicate that Newt wanted a divorce (he was having an affair with a younger woman), but his wife rejected that idea:
"The documents, and interviews with people close to the couple at the time, contradict the Gingrich claim about who wanted the divorce.
Newt Gingrich filed a divorce complaint on July 14, 1980, in Carroll County, saying that "the marriage of the parties is irretriebably (sic) broken."
Jackie Battley Gingrich, the congressman's wife and the mother of Jackie Gingrich Cushman, responded by asking the judge to reject her husband's filing."
And then, there's what he told a close friend:
"Leonard H. "Kip" Carter, a former close Gingrich friend, backed the contention that it was Newt Gingrich who wanted the divorce.
"He (Gingrich) said,'You know and I know that she's not young enough or pretty enough to be the wife of a president,' " Carter, who now lives in South Carolina, told CNN recently, relating the conversation he had with Gingrich the day Gingrich revealed he was filing for divorce. Carter served as treasurer of Gingrich's first congressional campaigns."
http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/26/politics/gingri...
The Gingrich Divorce Myth
Posted on December 2, 2011 | Updated on December 27, 2011| Corrected on December 27, 2011

FULL QUESTION
Did Newt Gingrich ask his former wife to sign divorce papers on her deathbed?

FULL ANSWER

For almost three decades, Newt Gingrich has been dogged by a story that he served his first wife divorce papers while she lay in a hospital bed battling — or in some versions dying from — cancer. It didn’t happen that way.

In fact, Gingrich, the presidential candidate and former House speaker, and his first wife, Jackie Battley, had already separated before she was hospitalized. He had filed for divorce, and she was seeking alimony and custody of their two children. And while Battley had earlier undergone cancer surgery, this time she was in the hospital recovering from surgery to remove a tumor that — according to one of the couple’s daughters — was benign. Battley isn’t talking to reporters, but she’s still very much alive.

According to the former couple’s second daughter, Jackie Gingrich Cushman, the divorce had been set in motion months before the hospital visit. Cushman broke her silence about the incident in a column in May of this year, around the time Gingrich announced that he was running for president. She wrote that her parents told her and her sister that they were divorcing well before her mother was hospitalized in the summer of 1980.

Cushman, May 2011: As for my parents’ divorce, I can remember when they told me.

It was the spring of 1980.

I was 13 years old, and we were about to leave Fairfax, Va., and drive to Carrollton, Ga., for the summer. My parents told my sister and me that they were getting a divorce as our family of four sat around the kitchen table of our ranch home.

Soon afterward, my mom, sister and I got into our light-blue Chevrolet Impala and drove back to Carrollton.

Later that summer, Mom went to Emory University Hospital in Atlanta for surgery to remove a tumor. While she was there, Dad took my sister and me to see her.

It is this visit that has turned into the infamous hospital visit about which many untruths have been told. I won’t repeat them. You can look them up online if you are interested in untruths. But here’s what happened:

My mother and father were already in the process of getting a divorce, which she requested.

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/12/the-gingrich...
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#19764 Aug 6, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Posted on December 2, 2011 | Updated on December 27, 2011| Corrected on December 27, 2011
FULL QUESTION
Did Newt Gingrich ask his former wife to sign divorce papers on her deathbed?
FULL ANSWER
For almost three decades, Newt Gingrich has been dogged by a story that he served his first wife divorce papers while she lay in a hospital bed battling — or in some versions dying from — cancer. It didn’t happen that way.
In fact, Gingrich, the presidential candidate and former House speaker, and his first wife, Jackie Battley, had already separated before she was hospitalized. He had filed for divorce, and she was seeking alimony and custody of their two children. And while Battley had earlier undergone cancer surgery, this time she was in the hospital recovering from surgery to remove a tumor that — according to one of the couple’s daughters — was benign. Battley isn’t talking to reporters, but she’s still very much alive.
According to the former couple’s second daughter, Jackie Gingrich Cushman, the divorce had been set in motion months before the hospital visit. Cushman broke her silence about the incident in a column in May of this year, around the time Gingrich announced that he was running for president. She wrote that her parents told her and her sister that they were divorcing well before her mother was hospitalized in the summer of 1980.
Cushman, May 2011: As for my parents’ divorce, I can remember when they told me.
It was the spring of 1980.
I was 13 years old, and we were about to leave Fairfax, Va., and drive to Carrollton, Ga., for the summer. My parents told my sister and me that they were getting a divorce as our family of four sat around the kitchen table of our ranch home.
Soon afterward, my mom, sister and I got into our light-blue Chevrolet Impala and drove back to Carrollton.
Later that summer, Mom went to Emory University Hospital in Atlanta for surgery to remove a tumor. While she was there, Dad took my sister and me to see her.
It is this visit that has turned into the infamous hospital visit about which many untruths have been told. I won’t repeat them. You can look them up online if you are interested in untruths. But here’s what happened:
My mother and father were already in the process of getting a divorce, which she requested.
But the fact still remains that Newt wasted over $14 million on a witch hunt that that led to the impeachment fiasco, all the while having an affair during it.
Scandalbot

Canton, OH

#19765 Aug 6, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Not that it's any of your business or that anyone needs justification to be on this thread but I work in Ohio & live in the Cincinnati metro area. So it makes sense that I would post on an Ohio thread.(<:
So the state under your name is a lie? Thanks for clearing that up. Wonder what else you lie about?
Scandalbot

Canton, OH

#19766 Aug 6, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>You're right, Clinton & Gingrich do not compare to each other. Besides your meaning another Dem, That being J. Edwards, Gingrich was never president nor did he run for the White House. Here you go, using obfuscation to hide your lack of logic while trying to bolster your weak view point.
I haven't lied about anything. You get caught lying often. I base my logic on the years I worked for Newt Gingrich. You base your mouth on emailed Tea Bagger newsletters.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#19767 Aug 6, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>

Did you notice the correction to your article, which was added on December 27th?

"Update, Dec. 27: In fact, Newt Gingrich had already filed for divorce about two months before the September visit, and Battley was contesting the divorce."
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#19768 Aug 6, 2013
Scandalbot wrote:
<quoted text>
So the state under your name is a lie? Thanks for clearing that up. Wonder what else you lie about?
Pops isn't lying about living in the metro Cincinnati area. Newport is literally right across the river. It's 5 minutes from downtown Cincinnati.
Scandalbot

Canton, OH

#19769 Aug 6, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Pops isn't lying about living in the metro Cincinnati area. Newport is literally right across the river. It's 5 minutes from downtown Cincinnati.
I'm just rattling his cage because he always butts in but then calls everyone else rude. Also, I have caught him blurting out things, on purpose or not, that are just plain false. His claim about our deficit under Obama for instance. Many of the links people provide on here as "fact", usually lead directly to a Tea Party propaganda site.
Scandalbot

Canton, OH

#19770 Aug 6, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Like if Hillary had cancer, that would have stopped him. LOL!
Agreed, but then Clinton was just being a dog, where Newt tried to set himself up as a pillar of what traditional family values should be. Also, did you know that the Koch brother oil billionaires had a direct hand in penning The Contract with America?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 2 hr Boro parent 31,281
Dennis Gannon trying to cover his past! 4 hr Tina 4
greene county humane society 4 hr Tina 5
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr Chuck 19,285
Representative Mike Turner is a Pentagon Pimp 10 hr The New Cool Warrior 1
For readers, not breeders and bottom feeders: Mon Fan of Leon The Man 2
Mart Crowe (May '12) Sun rjd 61

Springboro Jobs

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Springboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Springboro

Personal Finance