Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Springboro Forum

Comments (Page 694)

Showing posts 13,861 - 13,880 of28,644
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
why?
robots can do it.
all of it.
robots will be the future for what was union assembly jobs.
scanners will replace all cashiers.
see gas stations as model for fact check
remember the employee that checked your oil while they filled up the car; and washed the windows.
scanners replaced them.
the USA is not the only market to sell something; and if Americans boycott something, there is plenty of fish to sell to out of America.
you along with many require a dose of reality.
As America fumbles, the opportunity out of America escalates for the ambitious.
There is a vote next week to have Michigan become a right to work state. It can't be stopped by elected state management because they all want Michigan to be a right to work state.
Michigan becoming a right to work state cripples all unions across this country.
of course the teachers union is protected; and is only group spending money to complain about the upcoming vote.
you want to see income really get separated into have and have nots, then watch close.
ambitious folk will eliminate 50% of current jobs; and replace them with a scanner of some type.
ROBOTS!
ROBOTS!
ROBOTS!
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
you along with many require a dose of reality.
Yeah, reality. Like a Romney landlside, a stock market crash on November 7, violent revolution, impeachment trials, and Texas dividing into 5 smaller states? You mean that reality? Oh my.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Wow, I must check the moon.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't the CEO make the damn twinkies himself?
Very much too busy prepping the parachutes and researching beach homes and tax shelters.

woof
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
The union didn't close the company. The company chose not to live up to its contract with the employees and closed. Only the company can close the company.
Sry Chee, have to disagree on this one. The company seems to have closed primarily because of the trucker union contract. That contract created a inefficient duplication of employment that created an excessive expense that cost the bakers union workers their jobs. To a point, I fault the ownership that signed the truckers union contract. The company had 2 choices at that time, agree or disagree. They agreed. BUT the other choice was to shut down then. Instead Hostess shut down now, timing is the only difference. But the union pushed that. I guess that owners accepted the trucker contract with the expectation of continuing business, NOT closing business.
This is a classic example of a struggling company getting involved with a capital finance group...Borderline Solvency, regular banks won't take the risks under certain circumstances. They truly wanted to stay open or the money drys up. These Capital Finance companies do NOT set up to shut companies down! They stand to make more money IF the company survives in the long run or until it can be or restructured resold.
If you ask about the CEO in charge of shutting the company down being approved of $125,000 a month salary, I would like to hear the federal bankruptcy judge explain that too. But that was the courts decision, NOT Hostess, NOT the union or even the capital finance company
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
By honoring its contract. By not paying out outrageous bonuses.
Hostess was a victim of vulture capitalists, not unions. But Rush will never say that so you won't learn that.
Can't honor monetary issues without real money. Only the government can do that & does with historic frequency.
The courts approved the bonuses that I think that you are posting about. If I am wrong about that last point, just let me know.
Bankruptcies are special courts like criminal, divorce/family, traffic etc. THEY are the law. We may disagree but we have to trust them because the numerous sides are represented by their own lawyers. No real choice.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he win? The last I checked, all one need to win the presidency was 270 electoral votes. How many did President Obama get?
Obama got 332 E Votes. ;-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
What was their choice? With unions, it's difficult if not impossible to find replacements for union people. Unions will harass and even threaten non-union replacement workers. How was Hostess supposed to continue business with no workers?
What did they do in 04, XX? Filed Bankruptcy. Now 8 Years later, PING.
Interesting. They don't want to be held to the Contract, so they are pulling a Bain.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

These figures have been deemed a Hoax. Real number for Fox viewers is 69 IQ.A study released last week claims that Fox News viewers have an average IQ of 80 - which is 20 points lower than the national average.

The study has won national media attention via Yahoo News, where it's been Tweeted 500+ times and gained over 600 comments. It's become one of the top ten "hot" politics topics on Reddit, and it was also written up at the Daily Paul.

Unfortunately, the study looks a lot like a hoax.

The Yahoo story is based on a press release supposedly published by the "Intelligence Institute," a supposed think-tank that doesn't exist. The press release provides no links to the "Institute" or to the study the only link takes you to an unrelated study published by Fairleigh Dickinson University in May.

The study's alleged author, P. Nichols, told a remarkably unconvincing story when reached by phone. He explained to PJMedia's Charlie Martin that he couldn't release the study because of a confidentiality agreement. And he confessed to a very dubious method: he collected data by calling households in rural areas where he suspected residents would be ill-informed and uneducated. In other words, he deliberately chose study participants likely to seem "low IQ."

"Nichols" also cited a spurious-sounding motive for his study: he told PJMedia that it was commissioned by a Republican group who wanted to discredit the Tea Party (and presumably Fox-watching) sector of the GOP.

Via Yahoo News, Reddit, and PJMedia.

Read Full Story
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. They don't want to be held to the Contract, so they are pulling a Bain.
See post 15141

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Hostess Bankruptcy: Company Files For Bankruptcy Just Two ... www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/11/hostess-ban...

MAE ANDERSON and MICHELLE CHAPMAN 01/11/12 04:33 PM ET .... Hostess Reenters Bankruptcy Less Than Three Years After ... Hostess Brands, Maker of ...
Excerpt From Above Link.

This company has tremendous potential if we can remove the barriers to success," Driscoll said.

The Teamsters Union, which represents about 7,500 of Hostess' delivery drivers and merchandisers, said in a statement on Wednesday that it is also committed to working toward a solution.

The company's filing comes nearly three years after its predecessor emerged from bankruptcy proceedings. That company, called Interstate Bakeries and based in Kansas City, Mo., filed for bankruptcy protection in 2004 and changed its name to Hostess Brands after it emerged in 2009.

Hostess said Wednesday that its previous efforts to change, including the prior Chapter 11, were insufficient. Under its most recent bankruptcy filing, it is looking to restructure into a "strong, competitive" company.

In its filing with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, Hostess listed about $860 million in debt. The company's biggest unsecured creditor is the Bakery & Confectionary Union & Industry International Pension Fund, which it owes about $944.2 million.

In the filing, Hostess also listed its estimated assets between $500 million and $1 billion and its estimated liabilities at more than $1 billion.

The Irving, Texas-based company said that it will be able to maintain routine operations thanks to a $75 million financing commitment from a group of lenders led by Silver Point Capital LP.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Vulture capitalism not unions killed Twinkies - Salon.com www.salon.com/2012/11/20/vulture_capitalism_n...

Nov 20, 2012 ... Vulture capitalism not unions killed Twinkies ... the debt was owned by hedge funds Silver Point Capital and Monarch Alternative Capital,...
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Vulture capitalism not unions killed Twinkies - Salon.com www.salon.com/2012/11/20/vulture_capitalism_n...
Nov 20, 2012 ... Vulture capitalism not unions killed Twinkies ... the debt was owned by hedge funds Silver Point Capital and Monarch Alternative Capital,...
ha ha

robots will perform these unskilled functions moving forward; and scanners replace cashiers.

Michigan as early as next Monday may become a right to work state.

as you cheer your election win, in reality you lose.

over the cliff we all will go; and no debt ceiling raise.

taxes will be raised on everyone; and the govt shutdown to any new spending.

your trash talk is quite humorous.

you think you won; but expect 4 years more of the same with a forced balanced budget, which will eliminate the possibility of Obamacare being implemented.

IQ?....well it would appear those dummies you want to scream about just played you like a drum.

Unions will be destroyed by Michigan's right to work state, Obamacare won't be implemented; and that 47% that pays zero federal income tax will be very soon will be. A forced balanced budget has just been imposed for the next 4 years.

you go ahead and blame the GOP all you want; but remember 49% of this nation is cheering.
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
ha ha
robots will perform these unskilled functions moving forward; and scanners replace cashiers.
Michigan as early as next Monday may become a right to work state.
as you cheer your election win, in reality you lose.
over the cliff we all will go; and no debt ceiling raise.
taxes will be raised on everyone; and the govt shutdown to any new spending.
your trash talk is quite humorous.
you think you won; but expect 4 years more of the same with a forced balanced budget, which will eliminate the possibility of Obamacare being implemented.
IQ?....well it would appear those dummies you want to scream about just played you like a drum.
Unions will be destroyed by Michigan's right to work state, Obamacare won't be implemented; and that 47% that pays zero federal income tax will be very soon will be. A forced balanced budget has just been imposed for the next 4 years.
you go ahead and blame the GOP all you want; but remember 49% of this nation is cheering.
Here we go again with your Nostradamus trip. Perhaps if we take into account your last predictions, it will explain why everyone thinks you are buck nutty. You lost, son. Nobody cares if you get over it. My prediction about you is that you'll be up in a clock tower with a deer rifle within a decade.
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

I forgot to mention the part where your evil plan will be thwarted by R2D2 and Robocop.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Save Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again with your Nostradamus trip. Perhaps if we take into account your last predictions, it will explain why everyone thinks you are buck nutty. You lost, son. Nobody cares if you get over it. My prediction about you is that you'll be up in a clock tower with a deer rifle within a decade.
in a decade I will be retired on the beach fishing everyday.

if social security is around, then 5 years after I retire I will be eligible to collect on what I paid in.

keep laughing......I will be at you.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
Wow, I must check the moon.
woof
why?

you howl at anything.

you going to howl going over the fiscal cliff, or govt shutdown due to debt ceiling being declared the REAL ceiling, or Michigan becoming a right to work state this month.

I am howling at the fact that the 47% who don't pay any federal income tax today will be in 2013; and that with a govt shutdown Obamacare will be impossible to implement.
free

Sidney, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

The emperor has no clothes. Oblame-a has snookered the 47% plus the mystery 4% who stuffed the ballot box with ignorant voters.

They will howl when the wealthy withdraw their assets from the economy and all that's left are Liberal Dirty Democrat crumbs to fight over.

Take away the Republican targets and all you have left is a circular firing squad.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Save Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
what you should have said is how stupid you were to be left holding a bag of crap.

read the news dummy.

by next Monday there is an 80% chance of Michigan becoming a right to work state.

and that fiscal cliff thingy....hold on...you are going for a ride.

at least this ride you will pay for, unlike your last 8 years ride.

back to the Clinton era we go....balanced budget and all.

obamcare has ZERO chance of implementation when the govt is shut down.

you just keep claiming how great of a win you had, as the 49% who voted against your win actually do.
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
what you should have said is how stupid you were to be left holding a bag of crap.
read the news dummy.
by next Monday there is an 80% chance of Michigan becoming a right to work state.
and that fiscal cliff thingy....hold on...you are going for a ride.
at least this ride you will pay for, unlike your last 8 years ride.
back to the Clinton era we go....balanced budget and all.
obamcare has ZERO chance of implementation when the govt is shut down.
you just keep claiming how great of a win you had, as the 49% who voted against your win actually do.
I'm not claiming we won. We flat out whooped your @sses. It was on national television. As far as all of the other Revelations Madlibs you keep clucking about, it doesn't even put a ripple in my pond. See there are these things called facts, and the fact is you have been so wrong about everything else you have claimed, that we all view you like some kind of dancing dwarf in a jester's suit that we toss coins at and laugh. Now please wait by the door because Obama's robot army will be by soon to collect your guns and your Bibles. Aaaaah ha ha ha ha ha! Aaaaaah ha ha ha ha!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 13,861 - 13,880 of28,644
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Springboro Discussions

Search the Springboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 57 min Truth 18,502
I dare to care. Let us fairly share! 5 hr The Duke of Hazard 1
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 9 hr Insanely Hypocritical 31,015
craphole with red truck (Aug '08) 10 hr Janet Harrison 33
The Fed is dumping illegals. 14 hr The Duke of Hazard 2
tina 22 hr been a long time 5
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sun gertrud 227
•••
•••
•••
Springboro Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Springboro Jobs