Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Seville, OH

#33410 Aug 31, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Outstanding. You proved you dont know what you are even talking about.
Democratic and liberal support for John McCain in 2008
Senator John McCain, the Republican Party nominee, was endorsed or supported by some members of the Democratic Party and by some political figures holding liberal views in the 2008 United States Presidential Election. McCain Democrat and McCainocrat are terms applied to Democrats who supported McCain.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_and_l...
That interesting, but it doesn't tell us on what issues McCain was to the left of Obama. You said you voted for Obama because McCain was too far left. Come on man, there must be one or two issues that you can easily point to that explain your position. Unless of course, you are completely full of shit. That would explain this quite well, actually.
Undercover Bro

Akron, OH

#33411 Aug 31, 2014
McSame McCain was AGAINST raising the GI BILL EDUCATION BENEFITS - OBAMMY RAISED THEM ANYWAY! WE LOVES OBAMMY!
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#33412 Aug 31, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Still trying to come up with those issues where McCain was to the left of Obama or did you just give up?
Here were the big differences between the two, back in 2008:

"McCain was a prominent and ardent supporter of the decision to invade Iraq and vows to keep U.S. troops there until the war is won. He recently said 2013 was a reasonable date for achieving that goal and ending U.S. involvement.

Obama, an Illinois senator, was an early opponent of the war who has promised to remove U.S. combat troops from Iraq within 16 months of taking office.

The chasm is similar on taxes. McCain supports extending President George W. Bush's cuts and cutting corporate tax rates, while Obama would let Bush's cuts expire for wealthy Americans -- those making more than $250,000 annually -- and raise capital gains tax rates, another item that normally affects primarily high-income earners.

McCain, an Arizona senator, opposed Bush's cuts when they were passed in 2001 and 2003 because he said they would increase the budget deficit and disproportionately favor the wealthy. He supports extending them now, saying they would offer help to a struggling economy.

The two already have clashed over Obama's opposition to McCain's idea of a summer holiday from the federal gasoline tax. Obama called it a political stunt that would provide little help, while McCain said the idea could give a slight boost to struggling families seeking a vacation.

Obama also would renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement, blamed by some Democrats and labor unions for costing U.S. jobs. McCain opposes amending the pact and says it has been beneficial.

The two candidates have sharply different approaches to health care reform, which consistently ranks as the second-biggest domestic issue after the economy in national opinion polls.

McCain would use tax credits to help shift from employer-based insurance coverage to an open market system where people can choose from competing policies.

Obama would keep the existing job-based system and expand government involvement. He supports universal health coverage for the 47 million Americans without insurance, although he would only require coverage for children."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/06/04/us-...

I don't see McCain being to the "left" of Obama on any of those issues. Maybe our friend from Indianapolis can point out a specific issue where that was the case.

Interesting that some here think of Obama as a very liberal President, but he wound up endorsing some of of McCain's positions when he became President. In the name of compromise, Obama made the Bush tax cuts permanent and went for McCain's "open market system" in healthcare (instead of the single-payer plan favored by most Democrats.)

It's also good to remember that McCain was right about the effect of the Bush tax cuts, when he said they "would increase the budget deficit and disproportionately favor the wealthy."

I think McCain might have made a good President, but he made a terrible mistake when he selected Palin for his Vice President. It was a reckless stunt. She was not equipped to become President if if he had been unable to serve his term.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#33413 Aug 31, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think McCain might have made a good President, but he made a terrible mistake when he selected Palin for his Vice President. It was a reckless stunt. She was not equipped to become President if if he had been unable to serve his term.
For one, not many people vote on a president because of the VP running mate. Two, it didn't matter who the Republicans ran with because everybody was still voting against Bush. And three, if McCain won and something terrible happened to him making Palin our President, she would have done a ten times better job than this moron in the White House we have today.
d pantz

United States

#33414 Aug 31, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
That interesting, but it doesn't tell us on what issues McCain was to the left of Obama. You said you voted for Obama because McCain was too far left. Come on man, there must be one or two issues that you can easily point to that explain your position..
Seeing the left all gun ho about bombing Iraq, Syria, and now taking sides in Russian conflict I would say foreign policy but during the campaign you would've never known that the president is a liar.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#33415 Aug 31, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
After Obama won the Dem nomination, I predicted to the office mgr where I then worked that McCain would pick a minority for a running mate. She thought that I was koo-koo.
I had no idea who it would be.
Still don't know why he chose Palin over any others on his list.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#33416 Aug 31, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
For one, not many people vote on a president because of the VP running mate.
When the candidate is an old man, the chance of a VP becoming President is much greater. I think many who liked McCain thought Palin was not equipped to be President.
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Two, it didn't matter who the Republicans ran with because everybody was still voting against Bush.
Everybody except for the 46% that voted for McCain. That election could have gone either way.
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And three, if McCain won and something terrible happened to him making Palin our President, she would have done a ten times better job than this moron in the White House we have today.
Palin is an uneducated, inexperienced bimbo with an inflated sense of of her own competence. But I can understand why you like her...

“ I AGITATE LIBERALS”

Since: Sep 11

Bellefontaine, OH

#33417 Aug 31, 2014
"Still don't know why he chose Palin over any others on his list. "

Four reasons McCain chose SARAH:

1. She is a WOMAN

2. She was a successful Governor (He is a legislator)

3. McCain needed to "shake up" the country's prevailing campaign mood

4. McCain was in trouble with the republican party base & was in danger of either that base not voting or bolting to a third party.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#33418 Aug 31, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> After Obama won the Dem nomination, I predicted to the office mgr where I then worked that McCain would pick a minority for a running mate. She thought that I was koo-koo.
I had no idea who it would be.
Still don't know why he chose Palin over any others on his list.
Because what McCain realized is that our elections are not about ideas and solutions. Our elections are about popularity. How does one look? How does one dress? How does one speak?

McCain is an older guy and while he speaks okay, he doesn't necessarily have the ability to move people. He also realized he would have trouble getting conservatives out to vote for him.

So along comes Sarah Palin. A much younger person and very pretty to boot. She had that cheerleading speaking ability to rile the crowd and held the conservative views that McCain lacked. She was perfect for the position. She had all the things that McCain didn't have.

Now if our elections were about ideas and solutions, and we had conscious and sober voters, then yes, McCain could have made a better choice. But out of all the people running for the presidential nomination on the Democrat side, they chose the candidate with the least experience and ideas. So what does that tell you about our electorate?

“ I AGITATE LIBERALS”

Since: Sep 11

Bellefontaine, OH

#33419 Aug 31, 2014
"Still don't know why he chose Palin over any others on his list."

FOUR reasons McCain selected SARAH:

1. She is a WOMAN

2. His campaign was on stall mode

3. He needed to appeal to right wingers, such as myself, to keep us from bolting to a third party.

4. She was a successful state governor, whereas, he is a legislator
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#33420 Aug 31, 2014
DON W SOUTH wrote:
She was a successful Governor.
What do you consider Sarah Palin's main successes as Governor? I know that she successfully resigned after only two years in office.
Canton

Canton, OH

#33421 Aug 31, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Because what McCain realized is that our elections are not about ideas and solutions. Our elections are about popularity. How does one look? How does one dress? How does one speak?
McCain is an older guy and while he speaks okay, he doesn't necessarily have the ability to move people. He also realized he would have trouble getting conservatives out to vote for him.
So along comes Sarah Palin. A much younger person and very pretty to boot. She had that cheerleading speaking ability to rile the crowd and held the conservative views that McCain lacked. She was perfect for the position. She had all the things that McCain didn't have.
Now if our elections were about ideas and solutions, and we had conscious and sober voters, then yes, McCain could have made a better choice. But out of all the people running for the presidential nomination on the Democrat side, they chose the candidate with the least experience and ideas. So what does that tell you about our electorate?
You have forgotten number 5. The Koch Brothers bought her a ticket to ride and the slack jawed , gun hoarding Bible voters loved her catchy oil lobby sponsored catch phrases.

Here's two of the reasons she made it as far as she did, right now. Well informed by the looks of them...

Canton

Canton, OH

#33422 Aug 31, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Seville, OH

#33423 Aug 31, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
McCain's desperate appeal to the unconscious and drunk voters certainly worked on you.
Abe Lincoln

Columbus, OH

#33424 Aug 31, 2014
Kasich is the best by far. No one else is capable of bringing business to Ohio. Strickland is great for sending it away.
Abe Lincoln

Columbus, OH

#33425 Aug 31, 2014
Ted Strickland was in the pockets of the unions and drove business out of Ohio. If he were elected, watch the exodus again.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#33426 Aug 31, 2014
This was my first exposure to Sarah Palin, her first interview after McCain chose her for his running mate. The fact that she did not know what "the Bush Doctrine" was, and then tried to fake an answer was very troubling.

And a few days later, when Katie Couric asked what magazines or newspapers that she read, and she couldn't name even one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Those were not difficult questions.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#33427 Aug 31, 2014
Canton wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =fsEoqm0pawwXX
Wow, good thing she never made it to VP. We are in such better hands now in case something happens to the President:

https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Abe Lincoln

Columbus, OH

#33428 Aug 31, 2014
Ted Strickland is a buddy to Barack Obama...Enough said!
stonewall

Cleveland, OH

#33429 Aug 31, 2014
We love us some Kasic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dennis Gannon trying to cover his past! 2 hr happy camper 7
not John Agenbroad too ? (Oct '08) 5 hr SPECIAL 309
Police Chief: was justice served in Springboro ... (Dec '08) 5 hr SPECIAL 166
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 6 hr SPECIAL 31,282
greene county humane society Tue Tina 5
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Tue Chuck 19,285
Representative Mike Turner is a Pentagon Pimp Tue The New Cool Warrior 1
Springboro Dating
Find my Match

Springboro Jobs

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Springboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Springboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]