Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#32923 Aug 17, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>
I question myself about a limited draft draft today. I just can't quite make it thru all of the variables such as a quota number,( not more than 10%?) length of enlistment (18-24 mos?) & drafting criteria.
Pops, what I'd like to see is required public service for ALL young people (men and women.) It doesn't have to be in the military, but that would be an option. Some people have genuine moral objections to combat. But that wouldn't keep them from working in a hospital, or assisting those in need.
Canton

Canton, OH

#32924 Aug 17, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a completely unreliable and irrelevant report.
And you are too stupid to realize why.
woof
He always runs to Big Daddy Koch when he gets a butt whooping. He gets called out for not being able to find a source outside of oil company propaganda on a regular basis. He'll cry about shooting the messenger here in a minute.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32925 Aug 17, 2014
Canton wrote:
Hey Pops. Here's the guy you voted for, bringing our nation closer together by calling 47% of Americans, including seniors and vets, a bunch of free loaders...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PyJ_k2z-nTAXX
You are such a putz. You do not know who I voted for or if I even voted in any given election for any specific candidate ! You often just make many things up & assume others. We all know what ASSUME means. You are living proof that you are talking out of your ARS because we can smell the stink.
Canton

Canton, OH

#32926 Aug 17, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Ammunition is in great demand partly because of supply and demand, something liberals know nothing about. With liberals, it's always a conspiracy theory and not business which is why Democrats should never be in charge of anything.
Supply and demand you say? Hey Colorado. "Just Say No". Ahhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha! Think I'll go clean my AR15 and look at the huge pile of rounds I easily acquired at a sporting goods shop by the mall. You know us Liberals.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32927 Aug 17, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Pops, what I'd like to see is required public service for ALL young people (men and women.) It doesn't have to be in the military, but that would be an option. Some people have genuine moral objections to combat. But that wouldn't keep them from working in a hospital, or assisting those in need.
I agree with your expansion of the subject. The Peace Corp would be a fine alternate service. Even certain community service depending on ones background. I coached recreational soccer for more than a decade & found it quite gratifying. NO pay other than the feel good feeling of keeping kids off of the streets & trying to guide them through growth. Animal shelters & parks & beaches can all use help & would teach mutual social support.
The last positions that I mentioned could be functions that would allow someone to work a regular job & be with their families.
There are 3 conscientious objectors that have been awarded the Medal of Honor. They weren't afraid, just properly objected as the label states. Desmond Doss, Thomas W Bennett & Joseph G LaPointe JR All 3 brought the ultimate recognition to their tier of people.Blessed are they & their families besides the lives that they saved.
Slumlord Weather Expert

Van Wert, OH

#32928 Aug 17, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you implying?
I'm not implying anything. I'm flat out SAYING that every time the diabetic paper boy opens his trap, he's full of sh!t. Seriously, let's all take a look back at xxxretarded's favorite talking points. Cigarette smoke isn't harmful to children, commies took away my health insurance (because I couldn't afford to pay for it myself), gubment took muh guns, education is overrated, climate change isn't happening, most blacks are too dumb to understand politics, Romney was a liberal plant to make Obama seem more appealing, and on and on and on...
Yep, all easily debunked, racist crackpot bullshitt. Next...
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#32929 Aug 17, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
May 21, 2014, 8:14 AM
What's behind the national ammo shortage?
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/whats-behind-the-...
The ammunition shortage is a real thing. Here’s why it happened.
Updated by Danielle Kurtzleben on July 1, 2014, 3:30 p.m. ET
\Gun dealers report shortages of ammunition
Chuck Raasch, USA TODAY 12:11 a.m. EST February 18, 2013
http://www.usatoday.com/news/
Your USAToday link doesn't lead to a story, but the CBS news one does. If you had read it, you would see that it proves my position and completely debunks yours. Thanks, Ray.

"Gun and ammunition sales have been rising since 2008, largely amid concerns over gun control efforts by the Obama administration. They spiked again in late 2012 and early last year after a gunman killed 20 children and six adults at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut.

"There are a lot of wild stories," said Mike Bazinet, public affairs director with the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), the gun industry's trade association, in an interview with the Alaska Dispatch news site. "One story we've heard anecdotally is that the government is buying up all the ammo. That is not true. Government purchases have gone down over last three years."
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32930 Aug 17, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>
A thought that I have about your helpful chart is that many many more of the lower income group are likely felons for multiple reasons like child support deficits that reach a felonious amount & just about any drug conviction are not eligible for enlistment, that is not likely with the higher income group. And most of the higher group would be the officers which of course serve longer duty times.
All of these things affect the chart. A clear cause & effect issue.
You cannot forget that the poor have a higher high school dropout rate as well. I'm not sure, but I thought that you had to be at least be a high school graduate to join the military.

I didn't get to Old Guys links yet because I'm kind of busy today, but this one shows that it's not the rich or the poor that join our military. It's pretty much middle-class America serving our country, and we do have volunteers from families that do pretty well in life.
Slumlord Weather Expert

Van Wert, OH

#32931 Aug 17, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Your USAToday link doesn't lead to a story, but the CBS news one does. If you had read it, you would see that it proves my position and completely debunks yours. Thanks, Ray.
"Gun and ammunition sales have been rising since 2008, largely amid concerns over gun control efforts by the Obama administration. They spiked again in late 2012 and early last year after a gunman killed 20 children and six adults at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut.
"There are a lot of wild stories," said Mike Bazinet, public affairs director with the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), the gun industry's trade association, in an interview with the Alaska Dispatch news site. "One story we've heard anecdotally is that the government is buying up all the ammo. That is not true. Government purchases have gone down over last three years."
Oops. Maybe the racist paper boy should just stick to his precious Heritage Foundation links. At least they won't directly contradict his batshitcrazy paranoid agenda...
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32932 Aug 17, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooooh scary. Still got your guns? The claim was Obama was going to take away all of our guns. I still got mine. You still got yours? Know anyone who had their guns taken away by Obama? Me neither. Therefore, you Tea Baggers were completely wrong once again, are unable to admit you were completely wrong and choose pathetic right wing blogs to fuel your spin instead of facing the absolute FACTS. The Tea Baggers cried and cried that Obama was going to take away all of guns and nothing like that has even come close to happening.
That's because we have a US Constitution and a Supreme Court to stop them thankfully.

But the point of these articles (and many more I have) is that Democrats all across the country ARE putting the fear of gun restrictions and ammo taxations into Americans. They are the people responsible for the overwhelming interest in firearms the past several years. In some places line New York, they already started.

So don't be so quick to criticize people about being worried of government making it harder to purchase guns or ammo. And if DumBama (or if Hillary follows him) are able to turn our Supreme Court into a liberal mecca, you're damn right they may be able to disarm Americans down the road.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32933 Aug 17, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a completely unreliable and irrelevant report.
And you are too stupid to realize why.
woof
Well WTF asked you to look at it?
hellenredman

Pittsburgh, PA

#32934 Aug 17, 2014
Slumlord Weather Expert

Van Wert, OH

#32935 Aug 17, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because we have a US Constitution and a Supreme Court to stop them thankfully.
But the point of these articles (and many more I have) is that Democrats all across the country ARE putting the fear of gun restrictions and ammo taxations into Americans. They are the people responsible for the overwhelming interest in firearms the past several years. In some places line New York, they already started.
So don't be so quick to criticize people about being worried of government making it harder to purchase guns or ammo. And if DumBama (or if Hillary follows him) are able to turn our Supreme Court into a liberal mecca, you're damn right they may be able to disarm Americans down the road.
Blah blah blah Liberal Democrats blah blah blah Dumbama dun it. I'm smarter than everyone else. That's why I drive a truck for a living...
hellenredman

Pittsburgh, PA

#32936 Aug 17, 2014
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32937 Aug 17, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot forget that the poor have a higher high school dropout rate as well. I'm not sure, but I thought that you had to be at least be a high school graduate to join the military.
I didn't get to Old Guys links yet because I'm kind of busy today, but this one shows that it's not the rich or the poor that join our military. It's pretty much middle-class America serving our country, and we do have volunteers from families that do pretty well in life.
Good point. From my experience, need for a HS diploma is a little flexible. IF a military branch has their quota, a diploma would be required. IF they haven't achieved their needed numbers it can be waived. The recruiter will inquire as to why you didn't get a diploma & proceed from there. Family hardship, personal behavior or whatever.
Our military is getting more technical every year so a diploma is a starting point.
It is a 'mixed bag' Recruits do take the ASFAB test which carries a lot of weight since it is geared a lot towards military needs/occupations. That test can seperate those that were advanced through demanding schools & did not graduate & not so demanding schools where anyone can graduate. The process can be judgmental at many points.
All of the advancements in equipment, gear & weapons does increase our defense budget but it is saving American & ally lives while taking enemy lives. Sadly, that is a goal of warfare. It's difficult to put a value on that.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32938 Aug 17, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet Pops claims it was Obama that divided this nation.
You really are a troll & a tool. Your comment has no connection to previous posts as you think that they do. Except maybe in your own mind.
You are nearly unique.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32939 Aug 17, 2014
Canton wrote:
Here's Jerry Falwell blaming Liberals and gays for 9/11. He's the guy who GW Bush often looked to for advice. Divide the nation much? Hey Pops, be sure to blame Obama.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =MK_hYsCkDH4XX
A lot of people looked to Falwell for advice. As with Jackson, Billy Graham, & others. The point is how they acted on such advice. NOT who they solicited for advice. Especially since NONE of us were privy to those countless conversations with numerous presidents, NOT just Bush II. Conversations by phone, snail nail, electronic media or in person.
You have no chance to know where or what was being inquired of or the objectives by either party, do you tool ?
You see what you WANT to see, you hear what you WANT to hear, you say/post what you WANT to post, you ASSUME what you WANT to assume, without concern to being even slightly objective or informed. troll
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32940 Aug 17, 2014
Canton wrote:
Gee, Tea Baggers are not only hoarding assault weapons but are also hoarding ammo too? Shocking.
You know or should know that the vast number of private weapons are NOT assault weapons.
Ammo & weapons are like the chicken & the egg. A firearm without ammo is NOT a weapon. Without 1 there can not be the other. What's your tool non-point troll?
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32941 Aug 17, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet Pops claims it was Obama that divided this nation.
You asked me to compare presidents. Agnew was never a president. Once again. you show that you are a tool, a very rusty tool. See how you twist things? Of course you don't.
Obama is still the most divisive president in my 12 president lifetime.
Canton

Canton, OH

#32942 Aug 17, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> You asked me to compare presidents. Agnew was never a president. Once again. you show that you are a tool, a very rusty tool. See how you twist things? Of course you don't.
Obama is still the most divisive president in my 12 president lifetime.
So basically take all of your last several posts and realize that you have completely and once again misunderstood everything that has been said on this forum. You are like trying to explain a credit card to a retarded chimp. This is the part where you claim it was the Liberals that wanted credit cards for animals. Not the Conservatives. Then you'll toss in either a blatant lie, like you claiming I asked you to compare presidents, or you will be so baffled by common phrases that people will get sick of trying to explain it to you a hundred times and move on. It is most certainly bedtime for you, Bonzo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dayton's Best Pizza? Really!? (Nov '14) 1 hr Mama larosa 14
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 22 hr TN Voter 20,083
We hope Republicans are not serious! Sun The Old Cold Warrior 2
Miamisburg Mafia 3rd generation (Apr '13) Sun Montie 4
sexting Sun Sma 6
Anyone know John Vlahos? Sat Sos 3
Family Law Attorneys (May '14) Sat Nope 29
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springboro Mortgages