Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#32151 Jul 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I do remember. Why is it we can no longer buy regular light bulbs? I would say that was George Bush. Why is it diesel fuel is so much more expensive now because of lower sulfur restrictions? That's right, George Bush again. Oh, and lets not forget a little thingy you on the left bring up about Obama phones. The program was started with government paid landline phones by Ronald Reagan. Then George W Bush expanded the program to cover cell phones.
Speaking of Reagan, didn't he raise taxes and grant amnesty to Mexicans at the time? Certainly we cannot forget the largest government program expansion by George W Bush called Medicare Part D. That was before DumBama topped him with Commie Care. The housing crisis? Yes, Bush joined in with helping minorities that could not get homes secure a loan.
I don't want to be too partisan here because Clinton also gave into Republican demands and requests. NAFTA, Welfare Reform, lowering capital gains taxes just to name a few.
The point is you are completely wrong. Other Presidents did work with what they had, not work alone like DumBama. They took a little, gave a little, nobody got everything but everybody got something. It's something real leaders do.
To you, any government action at all is a liberal agenda.

As far as your give and take argument, you should tell that to the GOP. Remember that little meeting on Obama's first inauguration day where they swore to oppose every single Obama proposal? How in the name of perdition was Obama supposed to work with that?
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32152 Jul 27, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> Speaking for myself, no, I am not retired but Nixon's auto-pen signature is on my discharge papers.
I still clearly remember the Nixon-Kennedy TV debates in 1960 on a fluttering picture on a B&W TV.
Can't quite retire yet because of a couple failed business ventures. But I tried. No regrets, just disappointments. If either venture was successful, I would be on easy street. Chit happens, at least I had 2 chances. That's cool. Many people do not have an opportunity to take any chance.
Agree and disagree Pops.

I respect any working man be they a restroom cleaner or a CEO of a major corporation. I have even more respect for those that took chances in their lives be they a success or a failure.

I am invested in real estate and also invested in the commodities market for several years in the past. Very risky business. Much like you, I tried and have no regrets.

Liberals have quite the opposite opinion of mine. They have no respect for the working man. They loathe and comment in a condescending way at people like us; cutting us down because we don't have an advanced education or perhaps some physical disability that stops us from advancing ourselves.. And to think, these are the very same people that consider themselves the compassionate of our society.

They do however embellish those that never tried. Those that never took risks or worked hard or led their lives in a responsible way. They adore people that became government dependents.

Where I disagree with you is that there are people that cannot take advantage of opportunities. I believe nearly every American has the ability to take risks and try to better themselves. I believe every real American has opportunities. It's just that you have to be ready for them when they come along.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32153 Jul 27, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
To you, any government action at all is a liberal agenda.
As far as your give and take argument, you should tell that to the GOP. Remember that little meeting on Obama's first inauguration day where they swore to oppose every single Obama proposal? How in the name of perdition was Obama supposed to work with that?
Any government action is a liberal agenda? Really? Now what did I post that wasn't a liberal agenda but a conservative one by these past Republican Presidents? You must be a Democrat. You are a born liar.

You are also a typical liberal because you cannot admit you made a mistake. Liberals never make mistakes, only conservatives do.

It's not a wonder why we are such a politically divided country. Debating a liberal is like debating a drunk that refuses to believe he has a drinking problem.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32154 Jul 27, 2014
<quoted text>
All I did was point out how na´ve and uninformed your complaint that Obama was failing to represent 310 million people and then pointed out how you changed the subject after I did so.
The failure is that of the people who somehow believe that a POTUS has singular power to implement the principles of his platform. A platform is goals, not promises, no matter the vernacular they may be expressed in. President Obama, like any president before him, would have implemented every single campaign position he took if he had sole authority to do so. That's not how the system is built.
Obama did NOT say,'if I can' do this or can do that. He said,'I WILL do this and that'. It was also stated that the 'Executive' does not 'represent'.
You can't unring the bell no matter how much you try..
Do you want a 'lemon twist' with that series posts? YOU have created one...
But on the positive side of our communications, WE have pointed out that many if not most politicians are liars & that many if not most voters have few expectations/standards of our elected officials. That's a true shame.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#32155 Jul 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Any government action is a liberal agenda? Really? Now what did I post that wasn't a liberal agenda but a conservative one by these past Republican Presidents? You must be a Democrat. You are a born liar.
You are also a typical liberal because you cannot admit you made a mistake. Liberals never make mistakes, only conservatives do.
It's not a wonder why we are such a politically divided country. Debating a liberal is like debating a drunk that refuses to believe he has a drinking problem.
I admit I have a difficult time dumbing down my discourse so you can understand it. When I try, sometimes things get lost in translation. My bad.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#32156 Jul 27, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Obama did NOT say,'if I can' do this or can do that. He said,'I WILL do this and that'. It was also stated that the 'Executive' does not 'represent'.
You can't unring the bell no matter how much you try..
Do you want a 'lemon twist' with that series posts? YOU have created one...
But on the positive side of our communications, WE have pointed out that many if not most politicians are liars & that many if not most voters have few expectations/standards of our elected officials. That's a true shame.
You too. Trying to discuss these matters with you is like trying to explain them to a four year old.
They cannot kill a Spook

Detroit, MI

#32157 Jul 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
More like a schizophrenic on an acid trip
wow

Mountain View, CA

#32158 Jul 27, 2014
U r to dumb and queer shut the hell up idiotretards
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32159 Jul 27, 2014
<quoted text>
TARP was in reaction to an emergency, not part of any political agenda.
Emergency? No matter, it was still the Liberals M.O. to deal with the issue. Conservatives would have let GM & Chrysler go bankrupt in the traditional ways, NOT have tax dollars bail them out. We'll never know if holding companies or private funds or any other combination would have bailed them out but we do know that tax payers have lost out on the bailout.
The Government has absolutely NO business in being financially invested in private business.Not that it hasn't happened before & that it won't happen again but Taxpayers dollars are not supposed to be for such things. There are/were private investment groups that could/would have intervened.
YES, It would have been a shame if either company basically closed their doors, it would have been economically devastating but that still does not make the use of tax dollar intervention proper.Especially since the unions benefited. A payoff to union backing? Maybe not but it Looks like it.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32160 Jul 27, 2014
<quoted text>
You too. Trying to discuss these matters with you is like trying to explain them to a four year old.
You're right. And YOU are the four year old.
They cannot kill a Spook

Detroit, MI

#32161 Jul 27, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Emergency? No matter, it was still the Liberals M.O. to deal with the issue. Conservatives would have let GM & Chrysler go bankrupt in the traditional ways, NOT have tax dollars bail them out. We'll never know if holding companies or private funds or any other combination would have bailed them out but we do know that tax payers have lost out on the bailout.
The Government has absolutely NO business in being financially invested in private business.Not that it hasn't happened before & that it won't happen again but Taxpayers dollars are not supposed to be for such things. There are/were private investment groups that could/would have intervened.
YES, It would have been a shame if either company basically closed their doors, it would have been economically devastating but that still does not make the use of tax dollar intervention proper.Especially since the unions benefited. A payoff to union backing? Maybe not but it Looks like it.
Follow the money. It all circles back to democrats
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32162 Jul 27, 2014
<quoted text>
I admit I have a difficult time dumbing down my discourse so you can understand it. When I try, sometimes things get lost in translation. My bad.
In other words, I'm right and you are wrong which is why you would never accept my challenge. So once again, what did I post that was not a liberal agenda by these Republican Presidents?

I expect more BS garbage that you are too above me to go down to my level. Typical liberal.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32163 Jul 27, 2014
<quoted text>
YOU are the one lacking in 'translation' skills. As far as 'dumbing down' you are the King!
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32164 Jul 27, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Emergency? No matter, it was still the Liberals M.O. to deal with the issue. Conservatives would have let GM & Chrysler go bankrupt in the traditional ways, NOT have tax dollars bail them out. We'll never know if holding companies or private funds or any other combination would have bailed them out but we do know that tax payers have lost out on the bailout.
I seem to remember Hostess going under, and nobody bailed them out. This week I purchased my box of Ho-ho's as I did before because somebody purchased the company and made it better and profitable.

Our federal government should not be a lending institution. Our federal government should be addressing federal matters--not private ones.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the constitution, that grants Congress the right, of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
James Madison, annals of Congress, 1794
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32165 Jul 27, 2014
<quoted text>
You should tell that to the GOP. Remember that little meeting on Obama's first inauguration day where they swore to oppose every single Obama proposal? How in the name of perdition was Obama supposed to work with that?
IF Obama had told the truth about his true goals, he may not have been elected. We'll never know. But it was obvious from the very beginning that Obama was/is a very polarizing person. He doesn't work across the aisle either, he doesn't pay attention to polls, he doesn't even pay attention to electronic request for whatever topic. He has promised to address issues with 'X' number of signatures & has instead raised 'X' number of signatures up to 'Z' number of signatures & still can not be properly responsible..
The man is as honest as the scorpion on the back of the Fox swimming across the waterway..
As far as your 1st question...the repubs behaved just as one might expect to the comment...'they can ride in the back'...Put the Kool Aide down dude
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#32166 Jul 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, I'm right and you are wrong which is why you would never accept my challenge. So once again, what did I post that was not a liberal agenda by these Republican Presidents?
I expect more BS garbage that you are too above me to go down to my level. Typical liberal.
That would require a whole new debate over what is a liberal agenda and what isn't. As I said before, there isn't a government action other than war that you wouldn't consider part of a liberal agenda. The fact remains, a president is elected to act an executive and pursue the agenda that he ran on, not the agenda of the person he defeated.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#32167 Jul 27, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> You're right. And YOU are the four year old.
Ah, the dreaded "I know you are but what am I" gambit. The true mark of the mature.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32168 Jul 27, 2014
<quoted text>
All I did was point out how na´ve and uninformed your complaint that Obama was failing to represent 310 million people and then pointed out how you changed the subject after I did so.
The failure is that of the people who somehow believe that a POTUS has singular power to implement the principles of his platform..
Interesting since that is EXACTLY the way that so many things have been blamed on Bush over the last 5 yrs. Duck & Cover on Bush's back which YOU have just neutralized by stating that the POTUS is NOT accountable for everything. So there goes Obama's ( & yours) excuses for 5 years.
I still go back to Obama stating without qualification, that he WOULD do this & that HE would do that (including but NOT limited to transparency) & that he has only passed out the Kool Aide & that you among others have consumed it with blindness.
They cannot kill a Spook

Detroit, MI

#32169 Jul 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I seem to remember Hostess going under, and nobody bailed them out. This week I purchased my box of Ho-ho's as I did before because somebody purchased the company and made it better and profitable.
Our federal government should not be a lending institution. Our federal government should be addressing federal matters--not private ones.
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the constitution, that grants Congress the right, of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
James Madison, annals of Congress, 1794
I have a truck queation for you since this thread has left the topic of the 2010 ohio governor race.

Have you driven trucks with the Freightliner / Sterling tuff trak suspension. It is spring suspension that looks like a cross between an after market replacement for a Mack camelback and a volvo T-ride. How did you like them and what were they on?
Nut job

Ada, OH

#32170 Jul 27, 2014
U r all stupid queers get a life politic queers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Today's Leon Harrison Quotation 1 hr Fan of Leon The Man 8
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 20 hr Chuck 19,852
Brian Perry Sun margaret 1
tony dozier (Jan '10) Sun smiles 24
strip clubs (Nov '11) Sat anonymous 11
News Former Channel 7 anchor hired by Channel 2 (Nov '12) Apr 24 Leroy 17
theodore franks missing since 1986 Apr 23 wyatt 1
More from around the web

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]