xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30952 Jul 3, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Funny on how they invest in Big Pharma companies that make those products and covered all birth control until the ACA was passed.
Sally Kohn statement:
www.politifact.com
Funny how that's nothing but bull:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffreybrown/2014...
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30953 Jul 3, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Sen. Richard Blumenthal(D-Conn) pointed out that his Women's Health Protection Act, which would ban states from enacting some of the 205 and counting laws Republican controlled Statehouses have passed since 2011.
One wild guess who's against it, but there's no war on women.
House Republicans countered by submitting even more bills against women, all the while saying jobs were more on their minds than women's rights.
Who block's every viable jobs bill? Except the one's full of poison pill amendments.
Yeah. Don't you hate those politicians that block jobs?

http://majorityleader.gov/JobsTracker/
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30954 Jul 3, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Yah, that would be kooky if corporations were allowed to enforce their own personal religious views on their employees, wouldn't it?
Correct. It's a good thing they don't.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30955 Jul 3, 2014
Canton wrote:
Or like forcing your child to pray to another religion's god in a tax funded public school, or forcing a religious fairytale to be taught in the science classes of that same publically funded school. Darn those Liberals!
Right you are. Who do parents think they are wanting their children to be taught certain subjects? The nerve of some people.

That's the problem with parents these days, they think they can actually parent. Little do they know that parents shouldn't be looking out for their children, that's what government is for. What would a parent know about their child anyway?
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30956 Jul 3, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, or like the Supreme Court putting one religion above all other religions. Completely against what this nation was founded on.
It is?

Then why did DumBama give a pass on Commie Care to Quakers and the Amish?
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30957 Jul 3, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool, and since people are people, just like corporations, my religion tells me "Thou shall not kill". so I want every cent of my tax money that went towards paying for GW Bush's war returned to me pronto.
You have a deal. You can have your war money back and I'll take back the money my taxes went to for all these social programs.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30958 Jul 3, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
The Supreme Court decision in the Hobby Lobby case had nothing to do with the Constitution. You're welcome.
What do you think the Supreme Court is for? They are there TO judge issues based on the Constitution.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30959 Jul 3, 2014
half breed wrote:
<quoted text>Coming from a guy who admittedly gets paid to sit on his fat, diabetic @ss all day long and complain about the "evil Muslim president", that really doesn't mean a whole lot.
Make sure to invite lil Jeffy to your drunken lynch mob, you two seem to have a lot in common...
My fat diabetic @ss works all day so you have products in the store to purchase. Without us, you'd starve.
half breed

Van Wert, OH

#30960 Jul 3, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
My fat diabetic @ss works all day so you have products in the store to purchase. Without us, you'd starve.
No, without you, the trucking industry would just replace your fat, diabetic @ss and never miss a beat. Face it, you're not the center of the universe. You're just a whiny, overpaid gofer constantly playing the victim card.
Now have fun with your drunken lynch mob, ya racist douche...
Canton

Canton, OH

#30961 Jul 3, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It is?
You mean that Christians and Christians are different than Christians? No more punch for Rubber Ducky.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30962 Jul 3, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean that Christians and Christians are different than Christians? No more punch for Rubber Ducky.
The Supreme Court didn't rule on Christianity, they ruled on freedom of religion.

Or are you aware of any religion that supports abortion?
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30963 Jul 3, 2014
half breed wrote:
<quoted text>No, without you, the trucking industry would just replace your fat, diabetic @ss and never miss a beat. Face it, you're not the center of the universe. You're just a whiny, overpaid gofer constantly playing the victim card.
Now have fun with your drunken lynch mob, ya racist douche...
So what are you doing for Forth of July Troll? Going to come here and shoot off your mouth?
ino

Waverly, OH

#30964 Jul 3, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It is?
And unions!!! Anything that can hurt that POS Zero Care is a great day for America.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#30965 Jul 3, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Sure did had to do with the US Constitution and SCOTUS cases argued under the Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993 where the 1st amendment was being violated just like Hobby Lobby's religious beliefs were being violated that they held.
The Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment states that Congress shall not pass laws prohibiting the free exercise of religion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_Freedo...
Read the decision. The court applied the statute, not the first amendment.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#30966 Jul 3, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think the Supreme Court is for? They are there TO judge issues based on the Constitution.
They are also there to be the court of last resort on federal law issues. The Hobby Lobby case was not a first amendment case.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#30967 Jul 3, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
With out you, some other high school dropout would drive the truck. No worries.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#30968 Jul 3, 2014
<quoted text>
Read the decision. The court applied the statute, not the first amendment.
I know the Constitution was involved with the reason for the decision.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#30969 Jul 3, 2014
<quoted text>
They are also there to be the court of last resort on federal law issues. The Hobby Lobby case was not a first amendment case.
it was a first amendment issue and the SCOTUS went about it a different way which is why the Liberals are up in arms.

The New Law of Religion

Hobby Lobby is for religion what Citizens United was for free speech—the corporatization of our basic liberties. But Hobby Lobby is also unprecedented in another, equally important way. For the first time, the court has interpreted a federal statute, the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (or RFRA), as affording more protection for religion than has ever been provided under the First Amendment. While some have read Hobby Lobby as a narrow statutory ruling, it is much more than that. The court has eviscerated decades of case law and, having done that, invites a new generation of challenges to federal laws, including those designed to protect civil rights.

To see how we got here requires some history. In the 1960s and 1970s, the Supreme Court adopted an expansive interpretation of the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment. In a pair of cases, Sherbert v. Verner (1962) and Wisconsin v. Yoder (1972), the court held that the government may not impose substantial burdens on religion unless it has a “compelling interest” and “no alternative forms of regulation” could be used to advance that interest. But in 1990, the Supreme Court repudiated this balancing test for assessing Free Exercise claims. In Employment Division v. Smith, which upheld a federal law banning the use of peyote, the court declared that generally applicable laws can incidentally burden religious practices without violating the First Amendment, and that the government does not need to provide any special justification for such laws.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politi...
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#30970 Jul 3, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Don't you hate those politicians that block jobs?
http://majorityleader.gov/JobsTracker/
You need to quit posting useful links. It riles the libs & koolade drinkers & i am tired of about reading how challenged they are
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#30971 Jul 3, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Right you are. Who do parents think they are wanting their children to be taught certain subjects? The nerve of some people.
That's the problem with parents these days, they think they can actually parent. Little do they know that parents shouldn't be looking out for their children, that's what government is for. What would a parent know about their child anyway?
That's what the "village" is for. I don't mean to correct you on that!(<:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 3 hr enough now 31,422
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr tcaud 19,486
Ferguson creates talking points in Dayton 15 hr Leon Harrison 1
Regarding agitators and demonstrators in Ferguson: 16 hr Leon Harrison 1
pants up, don't loot! 17 hr masterofconcretep... 3
It was fun, seeing MSNBC's Chrissy the Sissy Ha... Tue The Hack Checker 1
Sheela Angel in East Dayton Tue Fact 2
Springboro Dating
Find my Match

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Springboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Springboro