Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#29321 Jun 4, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan's tax cuts for the wealthy was supposed to "trickle down" to the masses. For many years prior, gains in productivity translated into rising family incomes for the workers. Ever since the Reagan tax cuts, those increases in productivity have only benefited the wealthy few.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_inequalit...
For the longest time, Canton has ragged on how Reagan raised taxes. You know, not a real conservative???

So are tax increases or decreases responsible?

To answer that, I cite my favorite conservative economist, Dr Walter Williams:

Politicians, businessmen and labor-union spokesmen have whined about the decline in U.S. manufacturing. Before looking into what they say is the sad decline in U.S. manufacturing, let’s examine what has happened in agriculture. In 1790, farmers were 90 percent of the U.S. labor force. By 1900, only about 41 percent of our labor force was employed in agriculture. By 2008, less than 3 percent of Americans are employed in agriculture. What would you have Congress do in the face of this precipitous loss of agricultural jobs? One thing Congress could do is outlaw all of the technological advances and machinery that have made our farmers the world’s most productive. Our farmers are so productive that if needed, they could feed the entire world.

Let’s look at manufacturing. According to Dr. Mark Perry’s Department of Labor employment data, in his article “Manufacturing’s Death Greatly Exaggerated,” U.S. manufacturing employment peaked at 19.5 million jobs in 1979. Since 1979, the manufacturing workforce has shrunk by 40 percent, and there’s every indication that manufacturing employment will continue to shrink. Before you buy into the call for Congress to do something about manufacturing job loss, there are some other facts to be considered.

According to the Federal Reserve, the dollar value of U.S. manufacturing output in November was $2.72 trillion (in 2000 dollars). Today’s manufacturing worker is so productive that the value of his average output is $234,220. Output per worker is three times as high as it was in 1980 and twice as high as it was in 1990. For the year 2008, the Federal Reserve estimates that the value of U.S. manufacturing output was about $3.7 trillion (in 2008 dollars). If the U.S. manufacturing sector were a separate economy, with its own GDP, it would be tied with Germany as the world’s fourth-richest economy. The GDPs are: U.S.($14.2 trillion), Japan ($4.9 trillion), China ($4.3 trillion), U.S. manufacturing ($3.7 trillion), Germany ($3.7 trillion), France ($2.9 trillion) and the United Kingdom ($2.7 trillion).

http://www.wnd.com/2010/01/121034/

So tax cuts are responsible? Seems to me that (according to Dr. Williams statistics) automation is our greatest enemy--not tax cuts.
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#29322 Jun 4, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry Taliban Ray. The discussion you insinuated yourself into was Walter's claim of a Tea Party take over. A post or two above yours he again predicted the demise of the Rhinos even as the Rhinos have been beating the tea baggers quite regularly this spring. You should stick to your Taliban cheerleading.
Let me update you on the most recent events in our country:

The Taliban's greatest friend is your failed leader. Not only did they take great advantage of him, but are now laughing at his stupidity.

Perhaps we should rename your King to Barack Hussein Taliban Obama. Even some Democrats (Dianne Frankenstein) are turning on him now. They are very worried at the position he put his party in, and who can blame them?
Realty Speaks

Columbus, OH

#29323 Jun 4, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan's tax cuts for the wealthy was supposed to "trickle down" to the masses. For many years prior, gains in productivity translated into rising family incomes for the workers. Ever since the Reagan tax cuts, those increases in productivity have only benefited the wealthy few.
hey nut job

look up documented history, and quit being a troll.

under Reagan the entire country except you select few had household increases of income.

under Obama the inept every household has lost income.

and you site a dictionary I can edit definitions on as your support of fact

what a chump.
Realty Speaks

Columbus, OH

#29324 Jun 4, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>It costs you $4.99 a minute to even talk to a woman.
you keep thinking that woo-boy.

with a name like yours, women run from such failure.

you are alone and whanking yourself, and that is as good as it ever gets for you.

Yes it is very funny a loser like you exists.
Realty Speaks

Columbus, OH

#29325 Jun 4, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Clucky clucky waaah waaah?
you learn that in the welfare line?
Realty Speaks

Columbus, OH

#29326 Jun 4, 2014
<quoted text>I'm sorry Taliban Ray. The discussion you insinuated yourself into was Walter's claim of a Tea Party take over. A post or two above yours he again predicted the demise of the Rhinos even as the Rhinos have been beating the tea baggers quite regularly this spring. You should stick to your Taliban cheerleading.
as always you lie.

you shout the death of the Tea Party, and it is all over for them.

I pointed out how wrong you were.

Mississippi needs a run off election because of a tea party candidate.

Thought they were dead?

What about Iowa as well.

6 seats, and Harry Reid is duct taped to dumpster outside the capital.

Old Guy

Mason, OH

#29327 Jun 4, 2014
Realty Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
hey nut job
look up documented history, and quit being a troll.
what a chump.
I give you charts that describe the economic reality of the last 60 years. You only respond with epithets and abuse.
Realty Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
under Obama the inept every household has lost income.
Are you saying that your household income has declined in recent years? That's not the case in my household. How sad for you.

In the last 5 years, the Dow Jones Industrial Average has increased 96.9%. Perhaps you need a better financial adviser...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#29328 Jun 4, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I give you charts that describe the economic reality of the last 60 years. You only respond with epithets and abuse.
<quoted text>
Are you saying that your household income has declined in recent years? That's not the case in my household. How sad for you.
In the last 5 years, the Dow Jones Industrial Average has increased 96.9%. Perhaps you need a better financial adviser...
People buying power has declined dramatically compared to peoples buying power 60 years ago that made the average wage.
Old Guy

Mason, OH

#29329 Jun 4, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>People buying power has declined dramatically compared to peoples buying power 60 years ago that made the average wage.
You are right. Though average household income HAS increased in the last 60 years, what gives most of us the feeling of being worse off is that the growth of household income for the middle classes in the last 30 years has been very low by historical standards, and has not kept up with inflation. Most of the income from worker productivity gains has gone to the very wealthy. At the same time that Reagan was cutting income tax rates, he increased payroll taxes, which affect the middle classes far more than the wealthy. The loss of tax revenue from the higher tax brackets also resulted an increase in "user fees" for government services, which are are also regressive taxes that affect the poor far more than the wealthy. He also began taxing Social Security benefits for the first time.

"A 2011 study by the CBO found that the top earning 1 percent of households increased their income by about 275% after federal taxes and income transfers over a period between 1979 and 2007, compared to a gain of just under 40% for the 60 percent in the middle of America's income distribution."

Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#29330 Jun 5, 2014
Realty Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
as always you lie.
you shout the death of the Tea Party, and it is all over for them.
I pointed out how wrong you were.
Mississippi needs a run off election because of a tea party candidate.
Thought they were dead?
What about Iowa as well.
6 seats, and Harry Reid is duct taped to dumpster outside the capital.
Thanks President Romney.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#29331 Jun 5, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I am sure you and the troll gang made millions with your investments under Obama.

I am saying salaries under Obama have shrank, and under Reagan they grew.

Try using census data and Tax receipts, and not comic books for reference.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#29332 Jun 5, 2014
<quoted text>
Thanks President Romney.
are you trolls going to elect Sgt Bergdahl as POTUS?

seems he is perfectly qualified based on past candidates....like Lyrch Kerry.

now I get why we traded 5 Taliban Generals for your new candidate for POTUS.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#29333 Jun 5, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. Though average household income HAS increased in the last 60 years, what gives most of us the feeling of being worse off is that the growth of household income for the middle classes in the last 30 years has been very low by historical standards, and has not kept up with inflation. Most of the income from worker productivity gains has gone to the very wealthy. At the same time that Reagan was cutting income tax rates, he increased payroll taxes, which affect the middle classes far more than the wealthy. The loss of tax revenue from the higher tax brackets also resulted an increase in "user fees" for government services, which are are also regressive taxes that affect the poor far more than the wealthy. He also began taxing Social Security benefits for the first time.
"A 2011 study by the CBO found that the top earning 1 percent of households increased their income by about 275% after federal taxes and income transfers over a period between 1979 and 2007, compared to a gain of just under 40% for the 60 percent in the middle of America's income distribution."
could it be 60 years ago a household had single income ( Dad ) and today it takes both Mom & Dad to just squeak by?

and is it possible that worker Bee's don't make as much income as the person who risked everything running a business they work at?

tell me it ain't so.

workers with zero risk and can walk away any time should earn more than the person who owns the business.

how many of you risked your house and future to start a business?
woo-boy

Van Wert, OH

#29334 Jun 5, 2014
Realty Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
you keep thinking that woo-boy.
with a name like yours, women run from such failure.
you are alone and whanking yourself, and that is as good as it ever gets for you.
Yes it is very funny a loser like you exists.
It sure isn't my mommy that I snuggle up to. My mommy doesn't cook meals or pick up after me either. You'd starve if it wasn't for mommy. And have nowhere to live.
woo-boy

Van Wert, OH

#29335 Jun 5, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
could it be 60 years ago a household had single income ( Dad ) and today it takes both Mom & Dad to just squeak by?
and is it possible that worker Bee's don't make as much income as the person who risked everything running a business they work at?
tell me it ain't so.
workers with zero risk and can walk away any time should earn more than the person who owns the business.
I don't see mommy letting you risk her house.
Canton

Canton, OH

#29336 Jun 5, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
tell me it ain't so.
Or they could just declare bankruptcy and get bailed out by the government. Better start your clucking, scarecrow boy.
Canton

Canton, OH

#29337 Jun 5, 2014
All this blame on Reagan and GW Bush is nonsense. It's like they burned down the barn and years later people still blame them for burning down the barn. How preposterous.
Canton

Canton, OH

#29338 Jun 5, 2014
Hey, did you guys happen to hear? GW Bush released 540 detainees from Guantanamo Bay during his administration. Obama released 5 and all the Tea Baggers cry "Negotiated with terrorists" yet not a peep when Bush released over 100 times more. I wonder why. Oh that's right. GW was white. Carry on.
Canton

Canton, OH

#29339 Jun 5, 2014
Realty Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
you learn that in the welfare line?
Oh no. I paid my own way through college. No free rides here, Clucky. Take that fat cluck out of your mouth, when you cluck at me, scarecrow boy.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#29340 Jun 5, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no. I paid my own way through college. No free rides here, Clucky. Take that fat cluck out of your mouth, when you cluck at me, scarecrow boy.
do you ever get tired of lying?

just a while back you were bragging about your catholic school education in High School, and did not attend college. How you hate religion because of your schooling, and unnecessary to waste time in further education.

just like my parents did for me, I payed it forward with my children's college education.

My parents had 2 kids and I have 5.

I have 2 daughters graduated from college, 2 sons in college, and son now a High School senior.

Parents have the responsibility to raise their children to be self sufficient individuals. College supplies tools to assist them in achieving self sufficiency.

I can't understand your hate for others who have more ambition than you, and why you blame others for what you yourself made decisions on.

Me or my kids are not qualified for free education or subsidy, due to income.

There is zero excuse today for not furthering education for anyone, but there sure is excuses.

with the amount of time you waste on the computer you could allocate that time with online classes.

one day you are 46, and the next day 65. Which ever you are, you still have time to earn something that is recognized as true accomplishment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Paul Buhrman (Jun '11) 18 min David_M_B 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 21 min HomeyDclown2016k 20,198
Mart Crowe (May '12) 4 hr Deceived 71
We await the "7-11" apologies to Trump... 6 hr Fan of Leon The Man 4
why do white people smell like wet dogs? (Oct '14) 10 hr Dennis Gannon 39
This is your oasis (Jun '08) 10 hr Dennis Gannon 3,174
Brett Sun missing you 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springboro Mortgages