Canton

Canton, OH

#28577 May 21, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Acorn?
Why do all these "scandals" end like this? Every single racist, bullsh1t scandal the right desperately tries to come up with ends just like this one. Too bad for you, you were too stupid to realize that the ACORN "scandal" had been proven to be bogus a long time ago. Funny how you guys still cling to it. I wonder (it's because you are a racist) why?

"The attorney general's office in Massachusetts and the U.S. Attorney for Brooklyn concluded that the ACORN workers had committed no criminal activity and that the videos were "heavily edited" to present material out of context and create a misleading impression of activities"

(Also see Sleazeball rightwing tactics)
Canton

Canton, OH

#28578 May 21, 2014
Here's what the Dems should do no matter who the right puts up to run...

I'm not saying I know for a fact, but there is talk that (Insert GOP Name Here) was known to possibly have sex with animals and children.

You guys are lucky that the Dems still have a shred of decency and don't play the sleazeball Karl Rove games like you guys love to defend so much. Hey neat. One of you Tea Baggers did everyone a "public service" by video taping a sick old woman in a nursing home bed. Nothing SLEAZEBALL about that...right? What? They didn't run that story on Fox News? Darn that Liberal Media.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28579 May 21, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So far, I've yet to see any suggestions from the Peanut Gallery as to how they could do things more correctly whereas it would be equal for both sides.
All this blame on Republicans this and Republicans that, but no complaints on the Democrat Congress when they had the entire federal government for several years and never dreamt of increasing minimum wage to $10.10 or campaign finance reform.
What these leftist never understand is that Democrats are actors. Just like when they bashed Bush about Gitmo, NSA at airports, the Surveillance program, Medicare Part D, and then THEIR President and their CONGRESS and SENATE did nothing about it.
BTW, where is all that talk about Stem Cell research that could have saved thousands of lives and helped millions more that Bush was responsible for stopping? I don't think I've heard those two words "Stem Cell" since DumBama took office.
You don't hear about stem cells because the nutball Christian right isn't running the show anymore. Hey, why did the abortion rates drop so much under a Liberal president? It must be all that "tyranny" that makes American parents want to keep their children. Ahhh ha ha ha ha! There's what a racist truck driver rambles about all day long, and then there is the real world. The two have nothing to do with each other.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#28580 May 21, 2014
I just read an article in the New Yorker that may be of interest to some of you here. It deals with the difficulty of correcting the misperceptions of people that have a strong ideological or partisan bent.

"In a study from 2013, Kelly Garrett and Brian Weeks looked to see if political misinformation—specifically, details about who is and is not allowed to access your electronic health records—that was corrected immediately would be any less resilient than information that was allowed to go uncontested for a while. At first, it appeared as though the correction did cause some people to change their false beliefs. But, when the researchers took a closer look, they found that the only people who had changed their views were those who were ideologically predisposed to disbelieve the fact in question. If someone held a contrary attitude, the correction not only didn’t work—it made the subject more distrustful of the source. A climate-change study from 2012 found a similar effect. Strong partisanship affected how a story about climate change was processed, even if the story was apolitical in nature, such as an article about possible health ramifications from a disease like the West Nile Virus, a potential side effect of change. If information doesn’t square with someone’s prior beliefs, he discards the beliefs if they’re weak and discards the information if the beliefs are strong."

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/mariako...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28581 May 21, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't hear about stem cells because the nutball Christian right isn't running the show anymore. Hey, why did the abortion rates drop so much under a Liberal president? It must be all that "tyranny" that makes American parents want to keep their children. Ahhh ha ha ha ha! There's what a racist truck driver rambles about all day long, and then there is the real world. The two have nothing to do with each other.
I don't think there is any evidence of a correlation between DumBama and abortions. The only possibility that comes to mind is people felt so F'd by him taking over the White House that they've had enough sex for a while.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28582 May 21, 2014
Canton wrote:
Here's what the Dems should do no matter who the right puts up to run...
I'm not saying I know for a fact, but there is talk that (Insert GOP Name Here) was known to possibly have sex with animals and children.
You guys are lucky that the Dems still have a shred of decency and don't play the sleazeball Karl Rove games like you guys love to defend so much. Hey neat. One of you Tea Baggers did everyone a "public service" by video taping a sick old woman in a nursing home bed. Nothing SLEAZEBALL about that...right? What? They didn't run that story on Fox News? Darn that Liberal Media.
The liberals have been playing Karl Rove for the last 20 years or more. Speaking of sleazeballs and stem cells, how is ole Michael J Fox doing now that DumBama is going to allow embryonic stem cell research to be funded by the federal government? I missed where he addressed the Democrat led Congress without taking his medication. I really gotta pay more attention.

xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28583 May 21, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do all these "scandals" end like this? Every single racist, bullsh1t scandal the right desperately tries to come up with ends just like this one. Too bad for you, you were too stupid to realize that the ACORN "scandal" had been proven to be bogus a long time ago. Funny how you guys still cling to it. I wonder (it's because you are a racist) why?
"The attorney general's office in Massachusetts and the U.S. Attorney for Brooklyn concluded that the ACORN workers had committed no criminal activity and that the videos were "heavily edited" to present material out of context and create a misleading impression of activities"
(Also see Sleazeball rightwing tactics)
18 Former ACORN Workers Have Been Convicted or Admitted Guilt in Election Fraud
Published November 26, 2010

The scandal-plagued ACORN may no longer exist, but its tarnished legacy lives on in court, as the activist group and its former employees face criminal punishment.

So far this year, at least 18 former workers have admitted guilt or been convicted on varying charges of election fraud. The punishment has ranged from probation to several months of prison time.

ACORN, once a powerful advocate for low-income and minority voters, shuttered its operations amid plummeting revenues in March, six months after conservative activists posing as a pimp and prostitute caught on video some of the group's employees offering them tax advice.

But the group is still facing charges in Nevada on conspiracy to commit the crime of compensation for registration of voters.The trial, originally scheduled to begin Monday, has been postponed likely until next year.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/11/26/ac...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28584 May 21, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying, yes, Chinese based corporations should be able to donate to American political campaigns without disclosing the source or the amount? Wave your little Tea Bagger flag to that one. What you describe has nothing to do with out of country donations that those "citizens" got passed. Untraceable foreign corporate donations sound like just a bunch of "Citzens United", doesn't it? Yah right. More sleazeball tactics from the sleazeball GOP.
You know Canton, you might be on to something here. Perhaps we can call this scandal Chinagate?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28585 May 21, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Is that what you think a pension is? How is that new Obamacare policy going for you after the kinfolk threw you under the truck? Oh, I meant box van. You don't qualify to be able to drive a big rig according to you.
Been doing it for over 20 years Boy Toy. Prior to that three years driving a straight truck. Prior to that, ten years delivering and repairing home medical equipment.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28586 May 21, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think there is any evidence of a correlation between DumBama and abortions. The only possibility that comes to mind is people felt so F'd by him taking over the White House that they've had enough sex for a while.
Keep on spinning. The facts are there and anyone can look them up. We'll check back with you if we need your fantastic spin on the facts. I wonder if parents keep their children more when they have hope in our country's future? There's my magic spin on the FACT that as soon as we didn't have to listen to nutballs pretend that they know the will of god, the abortion rates plummeted. As soon as Obama (It's spelled Obama, not Dumbama. He's the elected president of the United States and you are not a fifth grader)...any way...as soon as Obama was elected, Americans had hope enough in our country's future to stop murdering their own babies out of the despair one can only guess was brought on by what the GOP did to this country.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28587 May 21, 2014
Seems you Tea Baggers were right all along about those climate scientist kooks and their inaccurate predictions. The amount of ice that has melted in the Antarctica is double what they predicted, which obviously proves that there is no such thing as global warming...derp derp. Jeb Bush 2016 Heeeeee Haaaaaaw!

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-2...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28589 May 21, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep on spinning. The facts are there and anyone can look them up. We'll check back with you if we need your fantastic spin on the facts. I wonder if parents keep their children more when they have hope in our country's future? There's my magic spin on the FACT that as soon as we didn't have to listen to nutballs pretend that they know the will of god, the abortion rates plummeted. As soon as Obama (It's spelled Obama, not Dumbama. He's the elected president of the United States and you are not a fifth grader)...any way...as soon as Obama was elected, Americans had hope enough in our country's future to stop murdering their own babies out of the despair one can only guess was brought on by what the GOP did to this country.
Here we go, giving DumBama credit for doing nothing again:

The study did not examine the reasons for the drop. But the authors suggested that one factor was greater reliance on new kinds of birth control, including intra-uterine devices such as Mirena, which can last for years and are not susceptible to user error like daily pills or condoms.

They also noted the economy as a contributing factor, because people tend to adhere more strictly to their birth control during tough economic times. But they did not credit the recent wave of state laws restricting access to abortion, because most of those took effect in 2011 or later.

Those restrictions will surely have an impact on the numbers going forward, said Rachel K. Jones, a senior researcher at Guttmacher and lead researcher on the paper.

“If the abortion rate continues to drop, we can’t assume it’s all due to positive factors” such as better adherence to contraceptives, she said, calling the laws passed in 22 states “onerous.”

The report comes as tensions intensify in the long-simmering debate over abortion and contraception. Religious groups are locked in a closely watched battle with the Obama administration over new rules that require employers to offer birth control free of charge as part of their health insurance benefit packages. The Supreme Court will decide this year whether employers with religious objections may opt out of those rules.

State legislatures are preparing to push through another raft of restrictive laws, after a record-setting period that saw the enactment dozens of new regulations that critics say will impede women’s access to abortion.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health...

Well now, according to the Washington Post, DumBama had nothing to do with the lower abortion rates at all. It's more likely that conservative state legislatures enacting tougher laws against abortion were a contributing factor.

Now what did DumBama do again to lower abortion rates?????
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#28590 May 21, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So far, I've yet to see any suggestions from the Peanut Gallery as to how they could do things more correctly whereas it would be equal for both sides.
All this blame on Republicans this and Republicans that, but no complaints on the Democrat Congress when they had the entire federal government for several years and never dreamt of increasing minimum wage to $10.10 or campaign finance reform.
What these leftist never understand is that Democrats are actors. Just like when they bashed Bush about Gitmo, NSA at airports, the Surveillance program, Medicare Part D, and then THEIR President and their CONGRESS and SENATE did nothing about it.
BTW, where is all that talk about Stem Cell research that could have saved thousands of lives and helped millions more that Bush was responsible for stopping? I don't think I've heard those two words "Stem Cell" since DumBama took office.
I have much to say about all of this response but I'll be brief.
The Repubs have not presented much of substance either or Harry won't present it to the Senate or the general media won't give it exposure or a combination there-of.
Minimum wage is not unreasonable but it shouldn't be subject to arbitrary leaps. It should be attached to the cost of living like so many other programs. IF cost of living adjustments are proper for those programs, it is proper for ALL programs.
NEXT, ALL politicians are actors. They deserve the negative names & personna that is attributed to them by the public. They just don't care as long as they have their power.
Just about anyone of them would EARN more money as a college chancellor, motivational speaker, corporate exec, professor, lawyer, lobbyist (heaven forbid) & so many more positions. So it isn't the money, it doesn't seem to be serving the voters in most cases so that pretty much leaves the power. And what comes with power.
The best thing that I can say about Obama & his lack of leadership is that he is at best a 'place holder' president. And I feel that that is a very very kind assessment.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#28591 May 21, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Yah...that whole Birth Certificate thing seemed really "legit". Remind us how that turned out. Let me guess...a big Liberal media cover up. What you Fox News oil cut flunkies call the Liberal Media, thinking, tax paying Americans call the voice of the people. The fact that you don't see the whole birth certificate sideshow as anything short of sleazeball, racist politics speaks volumes about the extent of your denial. Wonder how the American people feel about that big waste of time birth certificate thing...oh that's right... we elected Obama twice.
Canton, You can bloviate & obfuscate the birth certificate issue but it IS a Constitutional REQUIREMENT so it was a legitimate issue & will ALWAYS will be a legitimate issue. It IS LAW, Yesterday, today & tomorrow.
And quit throwing out the "R"acist word, It is tired, overused after 6 yrs in this case,(except by those that have no other argument) Undeserved, & just flat out improper.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#28592 May 21, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Canton, You can bloviate & obfuscate the birth certificate issue but it IS a Constitutional REQUIREMENT so it was a legitimate issue & will ALWAYS will be a legitimate issue. It IS LAW, Yesterday, today & tomorrow.
And quit throwing out the "R"acist word, It is tired, overused after 6 yrs in this case,(except by those that have no other argument) Undeserved, & just flat out improper.
Yes, the requirement has always been there. But I don't remember George W. being challenged on his origins, nor Clinton, nor H.W. Bush, nor Reagan, nor Carter, nor Nixon... Not until the black man with the funny sounding name was running did it become an issue. For some it was racism, for others it was political opportunity (and for quite a few it was a mix of the two.)

Who initially made the challenge? What evidence did they present? It started as an anonymous rumor with no evidence to support it. We now know that it was just a slimy, political dirty trick. Obama eventually presented his birth certificate, which corresponded to newspaper reports of the time and what he had told us from the beginning. Those that spread the rumors were perpetuating lies.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28593 May 22, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the requirement has always been there. But I don't remember George W. being challenged on his origins, nor Clinton, nor H.W. Bush, nor Reagan, nor Carter, nor Nixon... Not until the black man with the funny sounding name was running did it become an issue. For some it was racism, for others it was political opportunity (and for quite a few it was a mix of the two.)
Who initially made the challenge? What evidence did they present? It started as an anonymous rumor with no evidence to support it. We now know that it was just a slimy, political dirty trick. Obama eventually presented his birth certificate, which corresponded to newspaper reports of the time and what he had told us from the beginning. Those that spread the rumors were perpetuating lies.
First of all, anybody can call a newspaper and say I had a kid here or there; especially back in 1960. Secondly, DumBama';s father was not an American. He was a foreigner so it has nothing to do with DumBama's race. Thirdly, liberals also questioned John McCain's citizenship because he was born outside of the US. However it was immediately extinguished because there is an exception for American service parents having children overseas while serving in the armed forces.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#28594 May 22, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, anybody can call a newspaper and say I had a kid here or there; especially back in 1960. Secondly, DumBama';s father was not an American. He was a foreigner so it has nothing to do with DumBama's race. Thirdly, liberals also questioned John McCain's citizenship because he was born outside of the US. However it was immediately extinguished because there is an exception for American service parents having children overseas while serving in the armed forces.
McCain's citizenship has nothing to do with his father being in the armed services. His mother could have been in Panama on a coke binge when he was born and he would still be a natural born citizen.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#28595 May 22, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, is that what you think happened? That Obama's mother fraudulently reported his birth to an Hawaii newspaper (from Kenya) so that her black infant would be able to trick the American people into becoming POTUS someday?
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#28596 May 22, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Been doing it for over 20 years Boy Toy. Prior to that three years driving a straight truck. Prior to that, ten years delivering and repairing home medical equipment.
With all of those medical you listed that prevented you from getting on with any major carriers? It's a box van doing local small deliveries. Bet those kinfolk are investing in a nice pension for you too, with the money they saved by dropping that insurance. Keep voting for those RepubliCONS so you can insure that great economic life they promise the gullible rubes:

www.epi.org/publication/attack-on-america-lab...
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#28597 May 22, 2014
Shoot, had to type in "attack on american labor standards" into search. It's the 2011-2012 report from Gordon Lafer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dennis Gannon trying to cover his past! 1 hr happy camper 7
not John Agenbroad too ? (Oct '08) 5 hr SPECIAL 309
Police Chief: was justice served in Springboro ... (Dec '08) 5 hr SPECIAL 166
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 5 hr SPECIAL 31,282
greene county humane society Tue Tina 5
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Tue Chuck 19,285
Representative Mike Turner is a Pentagon Pimp Tue The New Cool Warrior 1
Springboro Dating
Find my Match

Springboro Jobs

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Springboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Springboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]