Comments
25,321 - 25,340 of 30,238 Comments Last updated 27 min ago
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28001
Apr 29, 2014
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have to "imagine" the surplus. One only need to look at President Bill Clinton to know what a surplus looks like. Now let's see what happens to that same surplus under a Republican. Poof! Vanished without a peep from your camp.
(Insert provided GOP excuse here)
I think you meant the Newt Gingrich surplus. After all, it's the Congress that spends the money, creates laws and writes a budget.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28002
Apr 29, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange because all the Liberals I know have worked every day of their adult lives and have never had a handout in any form in the least. You must be talking about that hypothetical America that we hear you right wing war mongers always blabbering about.
I thought you wrote that you lived in a dangerous neighborhood? Those neighborhoods are almost exclusively Democrat. How do you not know any Democrat that doesn't work?

In my Democrat area, there are tons of people not working.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28003
Apr 29, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

2

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you meant the Newt Gingrich surplus. After all, it's the Congress that spends the money, creates laws and writes a budget.
Oh you mean the...(Insert provided GOP excuse here) I mentioned earlier. Besides, we can all see what a GOP Congress can do for this country right now. Most ineffective is still technically being the best at something, even if it's being obstructive at the cost of our nation's best interests.

Uh oh. You mentioned Newt. Now we'll all have to listen to Reality Speaks blabber for pages about how Salamanders are cooler. This due to his unfortunate but ever apparent limited comprehension skills.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28004
Apr 29, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you wrote that you lived in a dangerous neighborhood? Those neighborhoods are almost exclusively Democrat. How do you not know any Democrat that doesn't work?
In my Democrat area, there are tons of people not working.
You know, perhaps you make a good point. My neighbor and friend I have lived by for 40 years just got compensated for his exposure to agent orange when he was a tunnel rat in Viet Nam, so yah...that "free loader". How dare he work his entire adult life, serve in war and pay his taxes. He's obviously one of those cradle to grave guys you keep telling us about. You should stop by and tell him all about his liberal views.Next we can stop in and tell all my Liberal friends who work at Timken and Diebold that they're a bunch of commie free loaders too.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28005
Apr 29, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you mean the...(Insert provided GOP excuse here) I mentioned earlier. Besides, we can all see what a GOP Congress can do for this country right now. Most ineffective is still technically being the best at something, even if it's being obstructive at the cost of our nation's best interests.
Uh oh. You mentioned Newt. Now we'll all have to listen to Reality Speaks blabber for pages about how Salamanders are cooler. This due to his unfortunate but ever apparent limited comprehension skills.
Yeah, I guess we can say the Republican Congress the most ineffective since it is they alone that pass bills that never goes to the Senate or President. But I have to ask, what did Republicans block that was in the nations best interest? More spending?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28006
Apr 29, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, perhaps you make a good point. My neighbor and friend I have lived by for 40 years just got compensated for his exposure to agent orange when he was a tunnel rat in Viet Nam, so yah...that "free loader". How dare he work his entire adult life, serve in war and pay his taxes. He's obviously one of those cradle to grave guys you keep telling us about. You should stop by and tell him all about his liberal views.Next we can stop in and tell all my Liberal friends who work at Timken and Diebold that they're a bunch of commie free loaders too.
So that's your argument? Comparing your Vietnam friend to all those people walking around your neighborhood all day and night long? Hey, maybe all of them were in Vietnam.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28007
Apr 29, 2014
 
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
But I have to ask, what did Republicans block that was in the nations best interest? More spending?
"Here’s just a short list of some of the bills that Republicans have blocked, or attempted to block, since Obama became President:

Tax on Companies that ship jobs overseas- A bill that would have eliminated a tax break that companies get when they ship jobs overseas. Republicans blocked this, allowing companies to keep the tax break they receive when they ship jobs to other countries.

Political Ad disclosure bill- Would have required all donors to political campaigns to reveal themselves. Republicans blocked this, not once but twice.

Subpoena Power for the Committee investigating the BP Oil Spill – Give subpoena power to the independent committee responsible for investigating BP’s roll in the oil spill. Republicans attempted to block this.

The Small Business Jobs Act -would give LOCAL, community banks access to billions of dollars to loan to small businesses. Republicans blocked this, then attempted to block it a second time and failed.

The DREAM Act- Gives immigrant youth who were brought here as children a path to citizenship by earning a college degree or serving the military for 2 years. Republicans blocked this.

Repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”- Would have repealed the law that forces gay and lesbian services members to lie about their sexuality and gives the military the right to discharge soldiers based on their sexuality. Republicans blocked this many times and Democrats were finally able to pass it with the support of just 2 Republicans."

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/01/03/bills...
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28008
Apr 29, 2014
 
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Here’s just a short list of some of the bills that Republicans have blocked, or attempted to block, since Obama became President:
Tax on Companies that ship jobs overseas- A bill that would have eliminated a tax break that companies get when they ship jobs overseas. Republicans blocked this, allowing companies to keep the tax break they receive when they ship jobs to other countries.
Political Ad disclosure bill- Would have required all donors to political campaigns to reveal themselves. Republicans blocked this, not once but twice.
Subpoena Power for the Committee investigating the BP Oil Spill – Give subpoena power to the independent committee responsible for investigating BP’s roll in the oil spill. Republicans attempted to block this.
The Small Business Jobs Act -would give LOCAL, community banks access to billions of dollars to loan to small businesses. Republicans blocked this, then attempted to block it a second time and failed.
The DREAM Act- Gives immigrant youth who were brought here as children a path to citizenship by earning a college degree or serving the military for 2 years. Republicans blocked this.
Repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”- Would have repealed the law that forces gay and lesbian services members to lie about their sexuality and gives the military the right to discharge soldiers based on their sexuality. Republicans blocked this many times and Democrats were finally able to pass it with the support of just 2 Republicans."
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/01/03/bills...
Just wait for the denials. He's searching False News right now.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28009
Apr 29, 2014
 
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange because all the Liberals I know have worked every day of their adult lives and have never had a handout in any form in the least. You must be talking about that hypothetical America that we hear you right wing war mongers always blabbering about.
your dreaming again.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28010
Apr 29, 2014
 
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you wrote that you lived in a dangerous neighborhood? Those neighborhoods are almost exclusively Democrat. How do you not know any Democrat that doesn't work?
In my Democrat area, there are tons of people not working.
So True.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28011
Apr 29, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Here’s just a short list of some of the bills that Republicans have blocked, or attempted to block, since Obama became President:
Tax on Companies that ship jobs overseas- A bill that would have eliminated a tax break that companies get when they ship jobs overseas. Republicans blocked this, allowing companies to keep the tax break they receive when they ship jobs to other countries.
Political Ad disclosure bill- Would have required all donors to political campaigns to reveal themselves. Republicans blocked this, not once but twice.
Subpoena Power for the Committee investigating the BP Oil Spill – Give subpoena power to the independent committee responsible for investigating BP’s roll in the oil spill. Republicans attempted to block this.
The Small Business Jobs Act -would give LOCAL, community banks access to billions of dollars to loan to small businesses. Republicans blocked this, then attempted to block it a second time and failed.
The DREAM Act- Gives immigrant youth who were brought here as children a path to citizenship by earning a college degree or serving the military for 2 years. Republicans blocked this.
Repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”- Would have repealed the law that forces gay and lesbian services members to lie about their sexuality and gives the military the right to discharge soldiers based on their sexuality. Republicans blocked this many times and Democrats were finally able to pass it with the support of just 2 Republicans."
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/01/03/bills...
Track the progress of the House Republican Plan for America's Job Creators and learn more about the bills that will help Americans do what they do best: create, innovate and lead.

40
Jobs Bills Stuck In The Senate
House Republicans have passed 40 jobs bills that are currently stuck in the Democrat controlled Senate.

Empower Small Business Owners
Small business owners are being bogged down by burdensome regulations from Washington that prevent job creation and hinder economic growth. We must remove onerous regulations that are redundant, harm small businesses, and impede private sector investment and job creation.

http://majorityleader.gov/JobsTracker/
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28012
Apr 29, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>your dreaming again.
Nah. Canton just has selective memory.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28013
Apr 29, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So that's your argument? Comparing your Vietnam friend to all those people walking around your neighborhood all day and night long? Hey, maybe all of them were in Vietnam.
No, but they all have jobs. Even though there was a drive by 2 houses down from mine, everyone in my neighborhood is working. Strange. You must be viewing things through tinted colored glasses. In you conservatives case, special emphasis on the "colored" part.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28014
Apr 29, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I guess we can say the Republican Congress the most ineffective since it is they alone that pass bills that never goes to the Senate or President. But I have to ask, what did Republicans block that was in the nations best interest? More spending?
Do you mean besides shutting down the government? Guess they taped your mouth shut and tied your hands back when Bush went a spending. Don't remember spending being such an issue with you guys, back when we had a white president. How's paying for that unpaid for Medicare expansion Bush past doing you? That outrage must be buried under more important things like birth certificates or fighting for your love of all things crude oil.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28015
Apr 29, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

oops passed not past, although both
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28016
Apr 29, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean besides shutting down the government? Guess they taped your mouth shut and tied your hands back when Bush went a spending. Don't remember spending being such an issue with you guys, back when we had a white president. How's paying for that unpaid for Medicare expansion Bush past doing you? That outrage must be buried under more important things like birth certificates or fighting for your love of all things crude oil.
Then you don't remember very well. Conservatives were Bush's worst enemy especially when it came to spending. Establishment Republicans may have supported the Republican Congresses spending but not TP or conservatives. We were Bush's worst critic on many occasions.

Oh, and BTW, as I explained numerous times, the Republican Congress did not shut down the government. They don't have that kind of power.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28017
Apr 29, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Here’s just a short list of some of the bills that Republicans have blocked, or attempted to block, since Obama became President:
Tax on Companies that ship jobs overseas- A bill that would have eliminated a tax break that companies get when they ship jobs overseas. Republicans blocked this, allowing companies to keep the tax break they receive when they ship jobs to other countries.
Political Ad disclosure bill- Would have required all donors to political campaigns to reveal themselves. Republicans blocked this, not once but twice.
Subpoena Power for the Committee investigating the BP Oil Spill – Give subpoena power to the independent committee responsible for investigating BP’s roll in the oil spill. Republicans attempted to block this.
The Small Business Jobs Act -would give LOCAL, community banks access to billions of dollars to loan to small businesses. Republicans blocked this, then attempted to block it a second time and failed.
The DREAM Act- Gives immigrant youth who were brought here as children a path to citizenship by earning a college degree or serving the military for 2 years. Republicans blocked this.
Repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”- Would have repealed the law that forces gay and lesbian services members to lie about their sexuality and gives the military the right to discharge soldiers based on their sexuality. Republicans blocked this many times and Democrats were finally able to pass it with the support of just 2 Republicans."
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/01/03/bills...
Interesting post. Good points too.
I would like to comment on some of those points.
I ask, what justification is there to tax a company for taking jobs off shore? The vast majority of companies have stock holders & IF they can't make some sort of profit, those companies would tank. That would ripple through the stock market & thus the national economy via unemployment either way. No simple upside on that one.
IF that company makes widgets on shore that sell for $5 but from off shore they cost $3, which would sell?
So there is a 'suggestion' to penalize a company for providing a lower cost product for any & every U.S. consumer? I don't understand that. Politics there.
On the flip side, I can not agree with tax breaks for going off shore. That's dumb!
I am struggling some what with the Dream Act so I'll pass on that one.
The Political Disclosure act. I suggest that BOTH parties were playing politics with the public on that one because I haven't seen a politician yet that would pass up money. Heck, That is why we have so many 'career politicians'. Maybe an individual politician but NOT the group as a whole.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28018
Apr 29, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but they all have jobs. Even though there was a drive by 2 houses down from mine, everyone in my neighborhood is working. Strange. You must be viewing things through tinted colored glasses. In you conservatives case, special emphasis on the "colored" part.
So what you're trying to tell me is that even though we have similar neighborhoods, all the hoodlums in your neighborhood are working? How do they continue their employment being locked up in jail all the time? How do they wake up for work in the morning when they are out all night until 2:00 am committing crimes?

Your high-crime area must be different than everybody else's.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28019
Apr 29, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Pops wrote:
<quoted text> Interesting post. Good points too.
I would like to comment on some of those points.
I ask, what justification is there to tax a company for taking jobs off shore? The vast majority of companies have stock holders & IF they can't make some sort of profit, those companies would tank. That would ripple through the stock market & thus the national economy via unemployment either way. No simple upside on that one.
IF that company makes widgets on shore that sell for $5 but from off shore they cost $3, which would sell?
Let me just post something here when it comes to this phony tax cut thing for offshoring:

FULL QUESTION:

When Democratic presidential candidates talk about tax breaks for corporations that ship our jobs overseas and tax breaks and subsidies for oil companies, what are they referring to and are they accurate?

FULL ANSWER:

It’s true that Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama have associated the transfer of U.S. jobs overseas with tax breaks, or loopholes, for companies that practice off-shoring:

Both candidates are referring to a feature of the U.S. tax code that allows domestic companies to defer taxes on “unrepatriated income.” In other words, revenue that companies earn through their overseas subsidiaries goes untaxed by the IRS as long as it stays off the company’s U.S. books.

But economists, including left-leaning ones, do not agree that eliminating this provision will bring an end to off-shoring. And here’s why: In the U.S., companies are taxed 35 percent on earnings of $10 million to $15 million or on all earnings over $18.3 million. That’s one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world, making an overseas move somewhat attractive to companies that wish to avoid the U.S. tax rate. But that’s not the leading reason companies send jobs overseas. According to a 2005 report by the Government Accountability Office, global technological advancement, increased openness of countries such as China and India, the higher education level of foreign workers in technological fields, and the reduced cost per foreign worker are all contributing factors to off-shoring.

We first addressed this popular theme in 2004, when we reported on a John Kerry campaign ad in which he blamed President George W. Bush for providing tax incentives to companies “outsourcing” jobs overseas. At the time we found that such tax breaks, which do exist, pre-dated the Bush administration and that even Democratic-leaning economists did not support the idea that changing the corporate tax code would end the movement of jobs overseas.
Three years later, in Dec. 2007, we reported on an ad launched by a labor group in support of John Edwards. The ad implied that corporate tax breaks were responsible for the shipment of jobs overseas from an Iowa Maytag plant. We found that the jobs were actually sent to Ohio and that, again, eliminating such tax breaks would not go far in stanching the flow of jobs overseas.

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/oil-and-gas-...
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28020
Apr 29, 2014
 

Judged:

4

3

2

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you don't remember very well. Conservatives were Bush's worst enemy especially when it came to spending. Establishment Republicans may have supported the Republican Congresses spending but not TP or conservatives. We were Bush's worst critic on many occasions.
Oh, and BTW, as I explained numerous times, the Republican Congress did not shut down the government. They don't have that kind of power.
What you are meaning to say is that hypothetically Conservatives were Bush's worst nightmare but unfortunately for reality, Bush played the Jesus card and had the Conservatives eating out of his hand like little baby deer. In fact, you guys didn't start playing the whole "I don't trust either side" gig until deep into Bush's second term, when it was apparent to the entire nation that people's poor political choices had sunk our nation. This you guys only did as a ploy to distance yourself from a president that was astronomically worse than Barack Obama and an administration that makes any faults of our current one look like Mother Teresa accidentally dropping a spoon.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 2 hr Example 4 the kids 31,179
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Chuck 18,761
Middletown Gangs (Apr '13) 14 hr Mz Pebbles 26
Family Law Attorneys 19 hr Peter Simmons 6
Debate: Ferguson - Dayton, OH 22 hr Leon Harrison 2
Dayton printing company president talks hard co... Thu Literature Lover 1
This is why I am an Ann Fan! Wed The Duke of Hazard 4

Search the Springboro Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Springboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Springboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Springboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Springboro
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••