Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

Sure 61 degrees, followed by a foot of snow. Seems normal. Obviously our climate hasn't changed.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Pops. I agreed. There are very few "African" blacks in the US now ... at least ones with ancestors from the slave days.
I'm actually not sensitive about being called names. I find value within myself -- not in the acceptance of other people. That's why I oppose political-correctness. You can force everybody into silence to give the appearance of conformity, but it's not going to change their hearts ... and it certainly isn't going to make an insecure person feel better about himself.
As far as I know, I am 100% German lineage. Both sides of my family immigrated in the 1880's like so many in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan & many more. But I do NOT call myself German-American. I AM American !!
I don't care 1 wit if someone wants to make a 'Kraut' joke or whatever. I am about as PC as any comedian. Life is too short to be too serious. Everyone needs to get over themselves & just move on.
mutt

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Pops wrote:
<quoted text> "Just saying" wrote something just as stupid & unpatriotic as what you post. I never said that I agree with "just saying' any more than you have. Do you have a point?
Or are YOU just as big of an idiot as "just saying"? Is that your point?
You said that you couldn't remember ANYONE ever making a racist comment here. I'm just proving your senile ass wrong. Again!
Yep, that "moral high ground" seems to be full of kiddie groping bible beaters and insecure racist d-bags, alright...
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

Canton wrote:
Woa, woa, slow down there St. Racist. You just lied to the entire forum about me disrespecting the founders of this country and then tried to play it off as if you were joking.
What are you talking about? I wasn't joking. I don't believe you respect the founders, based on your comments.

I asked you these questions earlier today: "Do rich people in modern times wear powdered wigs? Are they racists just by virtue of being rich? If not, then what does 'a powdered wigged, silver spoon racist' mean in this day and age?"
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born 11 presidents ago & don't remember a single one, NOT ONE, blaming the proceeding pres to any degree as Obama has. In FACT, they were respectful & pretty much kept their mouths shut.
It may seem that way to you, but it's not that unusual. What's different now is that you have the cable news networks with 24 hours a day to fill, so every passing comment gets a lot coverage and analysis.

Here's a bunch of examples of the elder Bush complaining about Clinton's presidency:

"In an appearance at a San Antonio grade school on October 13, 1993, Bush expressed concern that the humanitarian mission to Somalia that he had launched nearly a year earlier was being "messed up" by the Clinton administration. "If you're going to put somebody else's son or daughter into harm's way, into battle, you've got to know the answer to three questions," Bush told the students. He said the president has to know what the mission is, "how they are going to do it," and "how they're going to get out of there." Several news reports noted that Bush's comments appeared to violate his earlier pledge not to publicly criticize Clinton during his first year in office.[The New York Times, 10/14/93; The Boston Globe, 10/23/93]

In an interview published in the February 1994 issue of Washingtonian magazine, Bush criticized the Clinton administration's purported lack of a "general strategy" in the foreign policy arena and the "start-and-stop" failures it had exhibited. Bush pointed to the Clinton administration's handling of the situation in Haiti as an example and also criticized Clinton for his policy toward Bosnia...
"The Clinton administration, you'll remember, began by attacking my administration and the Europeans for being weak and rewarding aggression, and they vowed to get tough. But a few months later, they were essentially where we were. They backed away from their bluster, but not without sending the unfortunate impression of a weak and inconsistent US leadership to the world."

In a March 8, 1994, speech in Indian Wells, California, Bush repeated his criticism of Clinton's actions toward Haiti. According to a Riverside Press Enterprise article published the next day, Bush claimed "he did not want to be a carping critic, but said President Clinton must be more consistent in carrying out foreign policy. Bush criticized the president in particular for sending a shipload of troops to Haiti last year and then ordering them home when 'thugs' threatened them from the shore."

On April 8, 1994, Bush gave a lecture at Carl Albert State College in Poteau, Oklahoma, during which he criticized Clinton's proposed health care reform legislation. "This may sound partisan," he told the audience, "but I don't believe it will pass and I don't believe it should pass." [Associated Press, 4/8/94]"

http://mediamatters.org/research/2005/09/20/h...
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Judged:

half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? I wasn't joking. I don't believe you respect the founders, based on your comments.
I asked you these questions earlier today: "Do rich people in modern times wear powdered wigs? Are they racists just by virtue of being rich? If not, then what does 'a powdered wigged, silver spoon racist' mean in this day and age?"
your answer....they earn more than minimum wage and are rich.

Rich was defined by Obama as earning more than 250K.

Someone earning 80K is rich to the flock of discontent sheep.

Problem is the sheep are the sheep's problem. The sheep think they are all CEO's and being screwed by the Koch brothers.

PS: Koch brothers like 6 figure salaried employees because they are making him money or would not have the job. And that makes them evil productive rich employees to the matted hair flock of sheep.
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
It may seem that way to you, but it's not that unusual. What's different now is that you have the cable news networks with 24 hours a day to fill, so every passing comment gets a lot coverage and analysis.
Here's a bunch of examples of the elder Bush complaining about Clinton's presidency:
"In an appearance at a San Antonio grade school on October 13, 1993, Bush expressed concern that the humanitarian mission to Somalia that he had launched nearly a year earlier was being "messed up" by the Clinton administration. "If you're going to put somebody else's son or daughter into harm's way, into battle, you've got to know the answer to three questions," Bush told the students. He said the president has to know what the mission is, "how they are going to do it," and "how they're going to get out of there." Several news reports noted that Bush's comments appeared to violate his earlier pledge not to publicly criticize Clinton during his first year in office.[The New York Times, 10/14/93; The Boston Globe, 10/23/93]....
We were talking about a president in office blaming the preceding president for his problems. The examples you cited were of a former president criticizing the current president.
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
your answer....they earn more than minimum wage and are rich.
Thanks.

I'm trying to find out why Canton used the words "powdered-wigged, silver-spoon racist" to describe republicans in this day and age. He claims to respect the founders. I say, based on the several "powdered-wigged" comments he's made, he doesn't.
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Judged:

This is a perfect example of why photo IDs should be required to cast a ballot:

Mummified Michigan Woman Votes in 2010 Election:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/03/11/mi...

I bet she voted democrat.:)

On a serious note, one of the explanations offered, is that there was an administrative error. WTF? How does an administrative error cast a vote for a dead person?
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Judged:

I just read an article that reminded me of some of the folks here:

"My father sincerely believes that science is a political plot, Christians are Americaís most persecuted minority and Barack Obama is a full-blown communist. He supports the use of force without question, as long as itís aimed at foreigners. He thinks liberals are all stupid, ignorant f-cks who hate America.

I donít recall my father being so hostile when I was growing up. He was conservative, to be sure, but conventionally and thoughtfully so. He is a kind and generous man and a good father, but over the past five or 10 years, heís become so conservative that I canít even find a label for it.

What has changed? He consumes a daily diet of nothing except Fox News. He has for a decade or more."

http://www.salon.com/2014/02/27/i_lost_my_dad...
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
"My father sincerely believes that science is a political plot, Christians are Americaís most persecuted minority and Barack Obama is a full-blown communist. He supports the use of force without question, as long as itís aimed at foreigners. He thinks liberals are all stupid, ignorant f-cks who hate America.
I donít recall my father being so hostile when I was growing up. He was conservative, to be sure, but conventionally and thoughtfully so. He is a kind and generous man and a good father, but over the past five or 10 years, heís become so conservative that I canít even find a label for it.
What has changed? He consumes a daily diet of nothing except Fox News. He has for a decade or more."
Duh. He sees the free, prosperous, always-hopeful America he grew up in, being dismantled and rebuilt into a Marxist regime.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Judged:

half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange, seeing how powdered wigs started in England. I wonder why you didn't assume that I was talking about them? Save it liar. No amount of your yimmer yammering can change the fact that you have been busted numerous times on this forum with your conniving lies. You are VOID and I have nothing to say to you.
George Z

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
I'm an older guy and I have been both a registered democrat and republican. I also remember when you could have a debate with others that you disagreed with in a gentlemanly fashion face to face.
Not so much anymore. Thanks to the internet and these vicious keyboard warriors it has spawned! You have about have to enter any conversation with equal viciousness. Watching any diet of only one view will do this to you. Look at those that follow Ed or Chris blindly on a daily basis! the same result as listening to a full course of Alex Jones without at least trying to verify the validity.

I would find it humorous to set the 'Billy Bad Asses" on this topic down in one room and watch just how tough they really are haha.
koolaid

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

We need Ted back
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Judged:

Canton wrote:
Strange, seeing how powdered wigs started in England. I wonder why you didn't assume that I was talking about them?
Because no American thinks of England when powdered wigs are mentioned. They think of the founders.
Save it liar. No amount of your yimmer yammering can change the fact that you have been busted numerous times on this forum with your conniving lies. You are VOID and I have nothing to say to you.
Waaahhh, little Canton got caught lying, so he's gonna throw a temper tantrum and go home.

half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

George Z wrote:
I would find it humorous to set the 'Billy Bad Asses" on this topic down in one room and watch just how tough they really are haha.
I've had some experiences with that. I used to post on forums under my real name; but liberals these days aren't content with debating online. When they know the identity of their opposition, they will seek to destroy that person off the forum, too. If I could afford a body guard, I would consider posting under my real name again.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
Because no American thinks of England when powdered wigs are mentioned. They think of the founders.
<quoted text>
Waaahhh, little Canton got caught lying, so he's gonna throw a temper tantrum and go home.
No, no lil' pooch pooch. Since my posts are right there, let's see who else thinks "founders of our nation" when I call Reality Speaks a silver spoon, powdered wig country club sissy on the heels of him bragging about all the stuff he has. In fact, what kind of blabbering idiot would conclude I was talking about the founders of this nation when I call you a racist, or make fun of Reality when he tries to act tough, and I remind him who he really is. Only a complete moron would conclude that I was talking about the founders of this nation. That's where you come in. Oh and...oh so VOID.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
I've had some experiences with that. I used to post on forums under my real name; but liberals these days aren't content with debating online. When they know the identity of their opposition, they will seek to destroy that person off the forum, too. If I could afford a body guard, I would consider posting under my real name again.
VOID
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
Why it means you, Half Breed. It's why you are VOID when the big boys are talking. Did I mention you are VOID? You just don't have what it takes.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

half-breed wrote:
This is a perfect example of why photo IDs should be required to cast a ballot:
Mummified Michigan Woman Votes in 2010 Election:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/03/11/mi...
I bet she voted democrat.:)
On a serious note, one of the explanations offered, is that there was an administrative error. WTF? How does an administrative error cast a vote for a dead person?
Did you even bother to read the article from the Detroit Free Press that has a lot of what if's? You know, that the body has yet to be identified.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Springboro Discussions

Search the Springboro Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 37 min Samuel 18,592
Andy's Dean's "America Now" cancelled! 1 hr jewels 15
Middletown Gangs (Apr '13) 7 hr thetallcoolone 22
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) 7 hr Ant 2,222
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 11 hr Worth Repeating 31,139
Mayor Whaley: Immigrant children a humanitarian... Tue Leon Repeat Offender 4
Kettering manufacturer wins $280K on aircraft p... Tue Defense Nut 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Springboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Springboro People Search