Comments
23,901 - 23,920 of 30,583 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Canton

Canton, OH

#26363 Mar 3, 2014
half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, one of the forms of "torture" we heard about was waterboarding. What's your opinion of that?
Just like with climate science, I'll go with experts over a guy who got busted agreeing with his own posts...

&#9726;The military agency which actually provided advice on harsh interrogation techniques for use against terrorism suspects warned the Pentagon in 2002 that those techniques would produce “unreliable information.”
&#9726;Army Field Manual 34-52 Chapter 1 says:

“Experience indicates that the use of force is not necessary to gain the cooperation of sources for interrogation. Therefore, the use of force is a poor technique, as it yields unreliable results, may damage subsequent collection efforts, and can induce the source to say whatever he thinks the interrogator wants to hear.”

&#9726;A declassified FBI e-mail dated May 10, 2004, regarding interrogation at Guantanamo states “[we] explained to [the Department of Defense], FBI has been successful for many years obtaining confessions via non-confrontational interviewing techniques.”(see also this)
&#9726;Brigadier General David R. Irvine, retired Army Reserve strategic intelligence officer who taught prisoner interrogation and military law for 18 years with the Sixth Army Intelligence School, says torture doesn’t work
&#9726;The CIA’s own Inspector General wrote that waterboarding was not “efficacious” in producing information
&#9726;A former FBI interrogator — who interrogated Al Qaeda suspects — says categorically that torture does not help collect intelligence. On the other hand he says that torture actually turns people into terrorists
&#9726;A 30-year veteran of CIA’s operations directorate who rose to the most senior managerial ranks, says:

“The administration’s claims of having ‘saved thousands of Americans’ can be dismissed out of hand because credible evidence has never been offered — not even an authoritative leak of any major terrorist operation interdicted based on information gathered from these interrogations in the past seven years.… It is irresponsible for any administration not to tell a credible story that would convince critics at home and abroad that this torture has served some useful purpose.

This is not just because the old hands overwhelmingly believe that torture doesn’t work — it doesn’t — but also because they know that torture creates more terrorists and fosters more acts of terror than it could possibly neutralize.”

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

#26364 Mar 3, 2014
half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. Homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to cheat by using heterosexuals to pro-create.
At least the homosexuals don't just abandon the kids or raise them to be lazy and dependent on the government for their survival.
Canton

Canton, OH

#26365 Mar 3, 2014
Indeed, one of the top military interrogators said that torture does not work, that it has resulted in hundreds or thousands of deaths of U.S. soldiers, and that torture by Americans of innocent Iraqis is the main reason that foreign fighters started fighting against Americans in Iraq in the first place (in fact, the experts agree that torture reduces national security).

And – according to the experts – torture is unnecessary even to prevent “ticking time bombs” from exploding (see this, this and this). Indeed, a top expert says that torture would fail in a real ‘ticking time-bomb’ situation

And Dick Cheney’s claim that waterboarding Khalid Shaikh Mohammed stopped a terror attack on L.A.? As the Chicago Tribune notes:

The Bush administration claimed that the waterboarding of Khalid Shaikh Mohammed helped foil a planned 2002 attack on Los Angeles — forgetting that he wasn’t captured until 2003.

(see this confirmation from the BBC:“Khalid Sheikh Mohammed … was captured in Pakistan in 2003&#8243;).

Indeed, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed himself said:

During the harshest period of my interrogation I gave a lot of false information in order to satisfy what I believed the interrogators wished to hear in order to make the ill-treatment stop. I later told the interrogators that their methods were stupid and counterproductive. I’m sure that the false information I was forced to invent in order to make the ill-treatment stop wasted a lot of their time and led to several false red-alerts being placed in the U.S.

And “the CIA inspector general in 2004 found that there was no conclusive proof that waterboarding or other harsh interrogation techniques helped the Bush administration thwart any ‘specific imminent attacks,’ according to recently declassified Justice Department memos.”

And when long-time FBI director Mueller was asked whether any attacks on America been disrupted thanks to intelligence obtained through “enhanced techniques”, he responded “I don’t believe that has been the case.”
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

#26366 Mar 3, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
Those old bigots sure are concerned about protecting lady parts along with being so concerned that a non-aborted fetus does not have adequate food, shelter or education.
Hardly. How long as the War on Poverty been going on now? Decades, right? How many billions (trillions?) of dollars have been spent on it, both during democrat and republican administrations? What a surprise to find out there are not only still poor people, but also an increasing number of families getting hand-outs. Another surprise is that all of our efforts still haven't satisfied you libs. Your answer to the problem is to keep throwing money at it, even though that obviously isn't the answer.
Canton

Canton, OH

#26367 Mar 3, 2014
half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly. How long as the War on Poverty been going on now? Decades, right? How many billions (trillions?) of dollars have been spent on it, both during democrat and republican administrations? What a surprise to find out there are not only still poor people, but also an increasing number of families getting hand-outs. Another surprise is that all of our efforts still haven't satisfied you libs. Your answer to the problem is to keep throwing money at it, even though that obviously isn't the answer.
So if everyone is riding on free hand outs, like you claim, that would make people like you our personal b1tch. Too bad that all those poor families were created by trickle downs and catering to the wealthiest 1%. Toss in an unpaid for war and....yah. It's the Liberals fault. Just like how Christians get all the abortions and blame it on the godless atheists. Ahhh ha ha ha ha ha! Oh so very, very VOID.
Canton

Canton, OH

#26368 Mar 3, 2014
The experts who say torture doesn't work? You know better than them. The experts in evolutionary science?. You know better than them. The experts in global climate patterns? You know better than them. The non-religious folks who have statistically higher IQs? You know better than them. The Supreme Court of the United States of America? You know better than them.

Now if only we could get you guys to be able to spell common words on the racist Tea Party rally signs.
Canton

Canton, OH

#26369 Mar 3, 2014
half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. Homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to cheat by using heterosexuals to pro-create.
Sounds like you have personal insight on the matter. Have you been looking at obscure gay web sites...AGAIN?
Canton

Canton, OH

#26370 Mar 3, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true. However, since most of the people in this country are of a Christian faith, wouldn't it make sense that most of the abortions are by women that identify themselves with a Christian faith? It's just a matter of odds:
"Bottom Line
The United States remains a largely Christian nation; more than nine in 10 Americans who have a religious identity are affiliated with a Christian religion. There has been little change in this portrait of religious identity in the U.S. from last year.
Mormons remain the most religious group of those measured, while Jews are the least. Protestants and Muslims continue to be slightly more religious than Catholics."
http://www.gallup.com/poll/159548/identify-ch...
I see. So what you are saying is that faith isn't worth a nickel, and the same group who preaches from upon high about the evils of abortion, are really just a bunch of hypocrites. Thanks for clearing that up.
mutt

Van Wert, OH

#26371 Mar 3, 2014
half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying you actually ARE in favor of abortion, as long as it's gay babies getting killed.
How VERY morally superior and compassionate of you...
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

#26372 Mar 3, 2014
Canton wrote:
No, I am suggesting that you look to your Bible for answers to your questions.
I don't have any questions. I'm settled with how our country should handle our enemies. You're the one who can't give a straight answer about your views on "torture". Then you suggest that we should refer to the bible for guidance.
I'll let you know when I meet a Christian who actually follows the teachings of Christ. Until then, I'll be happy to point out the hypocrisy of modern Christianity.
Hey, here's an idea, Mr. Tolerant: How about you first stop being a hypocrite, then you can preach to the rest of us.
Funny how the people who hoard guns and worship money are always the ones who claim to be walking in the footsteps of Jesus.
What group do you hang around, because I don't know any of those people.
Strange how gung-ho the Christian Right was on Bush's unfounded war.
Only republicans voted in favor of it, right? No democrats?
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#26373 Mar 3, 2014
half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
GET A JOB, GET A JOB. The problems with the jobs that your trickle down hero's create these days include taxpayer funded Food Stamps and Medicaid as a part of what they call 'benefit packages'.
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

#26374 Mar 3, 2014
Canton wrote:
Sounds like you have personal insight on the matter. Have you been looking at obscure gay web sites...AGAIN?
You've busted me again, Einstein. The mainstream media has never reported about gay couples being artificially inseminated, or using a surrogate, or adopting ... only obscure gay websites tell those stories.

ABC:
http://www.abc.net.au/local/audio/2013/03/07/...

Huffington Post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/30/neil...

Fox News:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/03/jury-arc...

NY Daily News:
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/goss...

CNN:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/23/justice/kansas-...
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#26375 Mar 3, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>GET A JOB, GET A JOB. The problems with the jobs that your trickle down hero's create these days include taxpayer funded Food Stamps and Medicaid as a part of what they call 'benefit packages'.
create your own job.

outsmart them.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#26376 Mar 3, 2014
half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
Be interesting to see how much it costs you to even have chance at practicing the motions of pro-creation. You sure don't stand a chance with any self-respecting woman.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#26377 Mar 3, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. So what you are saying is that faith isn't worth a nickel, and the same group who preaches from upon high about the evils of abortion, are really just a bunch of hypocrites. Thanks for clearing that up.
correction

praying to God to save your rotted murderous soul from eternal damnation for murdering babies is the 1st thing a good Democrat should do each morning.

Forgiving Democrats for they know not what they do.......that day is in your future.......you hope.

what is not worth a nickel is either of our opinions.

Cheers
Canton

Canton, OH

#26378 Mar 3, 2014
half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
You've busted me again, Einstein. The mainstream media has never reported about gay couples being artificially inseminated, or using a surrogate, or adopting ... only obscure gay websites tell those stories.
ABC:
http://www.abc.net.au/local/audio/2013/03/07/...
Huffington Post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/30/neil...
Fox News:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/03/jury-arc...
NY Daily News:
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/goss...
CNN:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/23/justice/kansas-...
So many links for such a simple statement. You seem awfully defensive. I wonder why?
Canton

Canton, OH

#26379 Mar 3, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
correction
praying to God to save your rotted murderous soul from eternal damnation for murdering babies is the 1st thing a good Democrat should do each morning.
Forgiving Democrats for they know not what they do.......that day is in your future.......you hope.
what is not worth a nickel is either of our opinions.
Cheers
I'm sorry. I never been involved in an abortion procedure. You must be thinking of the 86% of women who get abortions. The overwhelming majority of "murderous baby killers". You know, those Christian women. They love killing those babies. They do it more than anyone else in this entire country. Prove me wrong or shut your ignorant inbred mouth.
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

#26380 Mar 3, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
create your own job.

outsmart them.
I don't think there's a market for Canton's particular talent. Who would pay to listen to him whine? Besides ... owning a successful business requires intelligence and hard work.
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

#26381 Mar 3, 2014
Canton wrote:
So many links for such a simple statement. You seem awfully defensive. I wonder why?
I'm not defensive about your ignorance.
Canton

Canton, OH

#26382 Mar 3, 2014
half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have any questions. I'm settled with how our country should handle our enemies. You're the one who can't give a straight answer about your views on "torture". Then you suggest that we should refer to the bible for guidance.
<quoted text>
Hey, here's an idea, Mr. Tolerant: How about you first stop being a hypocrite, then you can preach to the rest of us.
<quoted text>
What group do you hang around, because I don't know any of those people.
<quoted text>
Only republicans voted in favor of it, right? No democrats?
But I already clearly stated that I agree with the experts when it comes to our country torturing people. Anyone can look at the post and see that. We'll chalk that up to yet another of the many conniving lies you have been busted on here telling. So many, many lies. So very, very VOID. Also, I have made it very clear that I never claimed to be tolerant to your ignorance, so there's two lies you have told in one post.

Although I don't "hang out with" them, for I do not suffer fools, ask every single person you know that has a stockpile of weapons if they are a Christian. Hey, Reality Speaks...do you have lots of guns? Are you a Christian? See how far I had to search for an example? Unlike you and your very in depth searches of obscure homosexual websites, and your infinite insight on those matters.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 1 hr ALL ABOUT THE FRE... 31,221
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Buck Rohde 18,891
Debate: Ferguson - Dayton, OH 2 hr Ann Fan 4
This is why I am an Ann Fan! 2 hr Ann Fan 5
John Orth 11 hr Joe so right 2
Freind Sun friend 1
African American History Sun Jo Spencer 1
•••
•••
•••

Springboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••